rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

South/Central America Trip

Hi all,

Been lurking around this forum the past couple of months and have read through quite a lot of the datasheets, which have been super useful.

Me and 3 other friends(all 24yo men from Australia) are doing a bit of a lads South/Central America trip going around to Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico then finishing in Los Angeles from mid-November until end of February.

From what I have read on the datasheets based in the cities of the aforementioned countries, Spanish is super important in picking up, but I'm just curious if anyone around my age can confirm based on their experiences. My Spanish skills are definitely lacking and I was hoping to pick up quite a bit as I go (I realize it will still be very poor).

3/4 of us are blonde-haired and blue-eyed with athletic builds, so we are hoping to do a bit of damage on our nights out. As we have a mix of guys that are working/studying we have divided our accommodation up with a mixture of AirBnb's and also some hostels. I have no doubts that girls will be more likely to come back to the AirBnb's, however I am curious to know are the SA girls really hesitant in coming back to hostels?

Also, other than heading out to bars/clubs. What/Where is our best bet in meeting some younger girls (18-25) when we are away and only in cities for 5-7 days at a time?

Appreciate any help or recommendations guys.

Cheers.

Why is Brazil not on your list?

Honestly, other than the "meeting other travelers" and instant comradery that comes with hostel lodging, I don't get it.
3 to 4 people paying for bunk beds in a shitty hostel (say $15 a pop) is enough money to rent a sizable airbnb in many cities, at $45-60.

I've never stayed in a hostel, but I see the prices and pictures online. Also, out of curiosity, I've visited some hostels to check out the options.
Financially, I have found it delivers little "bang for buck", except you're traveling alone and on a micro budget.

Quote: (10-20-2018 05:19 PM)Tigre Wrote:  

Why is Brazil not on your list?

Brazil is somewhere where I want to visit on a separate trip on its own to do it properly. As we had planned for 3-4 months away and already had a lot of cities to cover, I didn't want to limit myself to only 2-3 days in each city.

Quote: (10-18-2018 11:21 PM)sixer Wrote:  

Hi all,

Been lurking around this forum the past couple of months and have read through quite a lot of the datasheets, which have been super useful.

Me and 3 other friends(all 24yo men from Australia) are doing a bit of a lads South/Central America trip going around to Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Cuba, Mexico then finishing in Los Angeles from mid-November until end of February.

From what I have read on the datasheets based in the cities of the aforementioned countries, Spanish is super important in picking up, but I'm just curious if anyone around my age can confirm based on their experiences. My Spanish skills are definitely lacking and I was hoping to pick up quite a bit as I go (I realize it will still be very poor).

3/4 of us are blonde-haired and blue-eyed with athletic builds, so we are hoping to do a bit of damage on our nights out. As we have a mix of guys that are working/studying we have divided our accommodation up with a mixture of AirBnb's and also some hostels. I have no doubts that girls will be more likely to come back to the AirBnb's, however I am curious to know are the SA girls really hesitant in coming back to hostels?

Also, other than heading out to bars/clubs. What/Where is our best bet in meeting some younger girls (18-25) when we are away and only in cities for 5-7 days at a time?

Appreciate any help or recommendations guys.

Cheers.

24 young, energy, party animals.....no Brazil-school boy error.

Quote: (10-20-2018 06:10 PM)Poseidon Wrote:  

Honestly, other than the "meeting other travelers" and instant comradery that comes with hostel lodging, I don't get it.
3 to 4 people paying for bunk beds in a shitty hostel (say $15 a pop) is enough money to rent a sizable airbnb in many cities, at $45-60.

I've never stayed in a hostel, but I see the prices and pictures online. Also, out of curiosity, I've visited some hostels to check out the options.
Financially, I have found it delivers little "bang for buck", except you're traveling alone and on a micro budget.

What we plan on doing is doing a couple of days in a hostel and meeting some people so we can bring them back to the AirBnb when we move on from the hostel if they are good value.

I have never even stepped foot in a hostel but I'm pretty sure many of the party hostels will have a bar anyone can go to. No need to stay there to accomplish that.

Do a search, there are many threads about "where should I go in Latin America."

For four 24 year old guys on a lads trip partying and moving around as much as you plan to, I think hostels make the most sense. Keep in mind that your not going to get any work or studying done only staying in cities for 5-7 days each though. Traveling that quickly is exhausting, especially with a few late nights out in each city thrown in there.

If you want to do any damage with the local girls, and work/study as well, I'd suggest cutting your number of countries down from nine to something more reasonable like 3 or 4 so you can actually spend some more time in each city. Also, if you go this route you should rent Airbnbs.

Have fun! +1 on the airbnb over hostels.

Quote: (10-23-2018 12:04 AM)Swordfish1010 Wrote:  

Have fun! +1 on the airbnb over hostels.

+2 on a airbnb, I recommend you guys get one that you can split. It'll be more cost efficient.

Also as for Spanish, its important but not as important as your probably thinking. When I first went to Colombia I could only speak maybe 5 words in Spanish. It took me around 7 months to decide to take a Spanish class at uni Nacional (partially for the cedula). But learn how to salsa, if you can dance and speak broken Spanish and if you are good looking then you will be able to land dates and lays EASY.

I cannot dance to salsa but I realized if you can dance salsa you can pretty much sweep a girl off her feet ESPECIALLY if your a decent looking gringo with Spanish (taking classes for salsa/spanish now before I go back down soon) and I got my first girlfriend off couch surfing that was chilean and she payed for me to travel around with her (she was hot but her attitude was SHIT as I hear about most chilean women). I remember after 2 months of staying there the only word I learned was manzana (apple) from a stupid duolingo app and maybe a few other random words. I can't say how to dress for some of the countries you want to visit to fit in but dressing to fit in, especially in Colombia is a MUST. I mean, the men do on average dress nice and I NEVER see shorts or flip flops unless its some stupid gringo(I say it like that because it puts a target on the foreigners back). Best of luck too you, also add Brazil onto your list. You cant miss out on it if you're so close.

Also as user WhatTheFuck said, going to the cities for only a few days you won't get as much action than as if you stayed in a location a little longer imo.

A tip I will give you that has worked numbers for me, is pipelining tinder in all of those countries before going and narrow it down and get the hottest girls #'s for WhatsApp and start text gaming them before you get there. It worked amazingly for me. Pretty much every date I went on, they couldn't speak any English and I only used google translate but even without a translator many of them just want the experience of being fucked by a foreigner as you'll have that exoticness factor down there.

I've seen many guys say that probably a lot of RVF members end up trying to game and at the end of the night getting a prepaga. Which imo is a waste of money. It really is too easy down there for a good looking gringo. But, I will say I did fuck one prepaga to hear what the fuss was about in Medellin and god damn her body was amazing.

Remember the saying and meaning of "no dar papaya" while you are down there. It is very important for foreigners in my opinion.

"For each man must learn to live within the citadel of himself."
-Marcus Aurelius

Quote: (10-18-2018 11:21 PM)sixer Wrote:  

I know you addressed the lack of Brazil already, but if you are going to Argentina, you might as well hit up Uruguay as well. It's got beaches that will be in season, and it will give you exposure to Brasileras taking vacations. A good chunk of South America vacations in Uruguay. The Spanish here is an accent which tends to be harder for English speakers, but more friendly than Chilean which they Spanish speakers tend to view as nearly another language.

I lived in a hostel in Montevideo before I got an apartment here. A popular Uruguay plan is arriving off the boat from Argentina, spending a day or two in Montevideo, going to the east coast (best beaches in the department of Rocha), and the coming back to Montevideo. The cheap way to do Uruguay if you would just like to add another country to the list is boat trip from Argentina and chilling in Colonia for a day trip. Carrasco International Airport can be less of pain than your Argentine options, it would not be crazy to make Argentina the boat country.

Uruguay's weird enough to be memorable given the list of very different Latin American countries on your list.

The thought of traveling in South America with three other guys for more than 10-14 days scares me. I often have friends from Canada come and visit me in Colombia (my parents also came once) and after two weeks I'm totally exhausted. I agree with other posters that you should cut that list down significantly, maybe Colombia/Ecuador/Peru or Mexico and a couple of Central American countries.

Maybe I'm too paranoid but the whole plan just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've seen how you young Aussie guys party, make sure that you have the best travel insurance you can possibly get, you're literally planning to travel to some of the the most dangerous, crime infested, murderous countries in the world. Latin America isn't SE Asia bros.

Honestly I think a few young Aussie dudes would be better off buying a beater car in the US and traveling from Florida to California and stopping in small towns along the way, it would be way safer and you'd probably end up banging more girls anyway, especially hot young white college type girls. You can bang hot young Latinas in South America until you're in your 40s anyway.

Anyway, good luck dude and keep us posted on this trip, although based on my experience with threads like these popping up, this trip will likely never happen and we'll probably never hear from you.

Quote: (10-23-2018 06:06 PM)scotian Wrote:  

The thought of traveling in South America with three other guys for more than 10-14 days scares me. I often have friends from Canada come and visit me in Colombia (my parents also came once) and after two weeks I'm totally exhausted. I agree with other posters that you should cut that list down significantly, maybe Colombia/Ecuador/Peru or Mexico and a couple of Central American countries.

Maybe I'm too paranoid but the whole plan just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I've seen how you young Aussie guys party, make sure that you have the best travel insurance you can possibly get, you're literally planning to travel to some of the the most dangerous, crime infested, murderous countries in the world. Latin America isn't SE Asia bros.

Honestly I think a few young Aussie dudes would be better off buying a beater car in the US and traveling from Florida to California and stopping in small towns along the way, it would be way safer and you'd probably end up banging more girls anyway, especially hot young white college type girls. You can bang hot young Latinas in South America until you're in your 40s anyway.

Anyway, good luck dude and keep us posted on this trip, although based on my experience with threads like these popping up, this trip will likely never happen and we'll probably never hear from you.

Appreciate the concern mate. We are all locked into the trip already and leave in less than a month now.

Whilst we are young Aussie guys that love to party, we are all pretty smart and know that things can turn badly very quickly if we all act like dickheads (like a lot of Aussie travelers do overseas).

Me and another one of my mates are actually finishing our trip up by driving from Austin to Los Angeles and we'll definitely be hitting up some college towns on the way through, so hopefully the college girls will like the Aussie accent.

Quote: (10-23-2018 09:16 PM)sixer Wrote:  

Appreciate the concern mate. We are all locked into the trip already and leave in less than a month now.

Whilst we are young Aussie guys that love to party, we are all pretty smart and know that things can turn badly very quickly if we all act like dickheads (like a lot of Aussie travelers do overseas).

Love to hear this. I've travelled a lot thru Latin America and unfortunately Aussies have the worst reputation, particularly because of their lack of Spanish. (Not your fault, of course. US has a long history of Spanish influence.)

Anyways, my opinions:

Okay, like you, I'm 1.90 meters with blonde hair blue eyes and athletic build, so listen to me. For the best ass, go directly to Colombia and plant yourself in Medellin for one month. Do not leave town. Pipeline beforehand -- starting this week -- using ColombianCupid.com. Match with girls, get them off the site, start Whatsapping with them. You'll learn SO much Spanish that way. In Colombia, they LOVE tall blonde guys like us.

I did exactly this, four years ago, and I soon had four high-quality women in my rotation (all 8+) before I finally left the city. It was the best sexual month of my life. I still think about those women all the time. (Don't go to prostitutes. It's not necessary if you're a tall blonde extranjero.)

Outside of Colombia, the best countries for tourism are Argentina and Uruguay. They have a really great culture. I never gamed there, but I know the girls have higher bitch shields. Nonetheless, I'd recommend at least a week in Buenos Aires and some time in Uruguay. Mendoza is the wine region and worth your time as well.

If you're looking for gorgeous nature, look no further than Chilean Patagonia. The Aysen region really floored me last year. Santiago de Chile is a super modern city, and I had fun (2 bangs off Tinder), but it is expensive and it doesn't have a ton of unusual character. The best reason to go to Chile is really to head south to Patagonia.

Bolivia is a shithole. To a lesser extent, Peru kind of is too. Both of those countries are good for tourism but definitely not for game.

Hope this helps.

Quote: (10-24-2018 12:47 PM)Savonarola Wrote:  

Outside of Colombia, the best countries for tourism are Argentina and Uruguay. They have a really great culture. I never gamed there, but I know the girls have higher bitch shields. Nonetheless, I'd recommend at least a week in Buenos Aires and some time in Uruguay. Mendoza is the wine region and worth your time as well.

The Argentine chicks kinda have bitch shields, the Uruguayas not too much. Especially with the Uruguayas the problem to me appears more... they are kinda dumb and the culture leaves them poorly socialized.This is notable especially in comparison to the more northern South Americans. I think of it as the baseball(columbia, venezuala) latino versus futbol (Argentina, Uruguay) divide. The further north you go the generally happier the cultural baseline. The locals also have a broken sense of humor.

The prime targets to search out in Uruguay are Brasileras on vacation and girls who moved here from other Latin American countries (often looking to marry a whiter looking boy than back home) who are incredibly dissatisfied with the local sad sacks.

The Uruguayas can be approached and gamed, but they better you are at spanish the less appealing they are to potentially bring into your household no matter how much decorative value they may have. But if you are looking to hook up they are frequently available though they might hamster themselves out of the opportunity.

"La inseguridad" is becoming more of an issue in Uruguay than it has been in the past, but it isn't a major issue for most tourists as long as they aren't black out drunk. The Uruguayos have a lot of cultural defects that will always make them look like softer targets to criminals, unless you are stumbling around black out drunk. Or carelessly flashing around unsecured items of value in Punta del Este. This is a poor country that has areas doing rather well for themselves thanks to tourism and china needing to buy beef from somewhere.

In contrast Agentines tend to think they live in the real Italy, imagining Buenos Aires is some sort of alt-Rome.

Quote: (10-24-2018 12:47 PM)Savonarola Wrote:  

Quote: (10-23-2018 09:16 PM)sixer Wrote:  

Love to hear this. I've travelled a lot thru Latin America and unfortunately Aussies have the worst reputation, particularly because of their lack of Spanish. (Not your fault, of course. US has a long history of Spanish influence.)

Anyways, my opinions:

Okay, like you, I'm 1.90 meters with blonde hair blue eyes and athletic build, so listen to me. For the best ass, go directly to Colombia and plant yourself in Medellin for one month. Do not leave town. Pipeline beforehand -- starting this week -- using ColombianCupid.com. Match with girls, get them off the site, start Whatsapping with them. You'll learn SO much Spanish that way. In Colombia, they LOVE tall blonde guys like us.

I did exactly this, four years ago, and I soon had four high-quality women in my rotation (all 8+) before I finally left the city. It was the best sexual month of my life. I still think about those women all the time. (Don't go to prostitutes. It's not necessary if you're a tall blonde extranjero.)

If you're looking for gorgeous nature, look no further than Chilean Patagonia. The Aysen region really floored me last year. Santiago de Chile is a super modern city, and I had fun (2 bangs off Tinder), but it is expensive and it doesn't have a ton of unusual character. The best reason to go to Chile is really to head south to Patagonia.

Bolivia is a shithole. To a lesser extent, Peru kind of is too. Both of those countries are good for tourism but definitely not for game.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all that quality advice mate.

With Colombia, we will be there for around 3-4 weeks in Cartagena, Santa Marta (we have a music festival there), Medellin and we are also planning on visiting Manizales for a few days to check out a smaller city.

We have planned to spend around a week in BA after visiting Mendoza for around 3-4 days. I take it the girls in Argentina will be less interested in the gringo look though?

We are heading to Bolivia and Peru mainly for the sightseeing aspect of the trip (salt flats & inca trail). Haven't heard the best things about the girls in those countries, but we will still find time to go out.

Quote: (10-25-2018 12:18 AM)sixer Wrote:  

With Colombia, we will be there for around 3-4 weeks in Cartagena, Santa Marta (we have a music festival there), Medellin and we are also planning on visiting Manizales for a few days to check out a smaller city.

We have planned to spend around a week in BA after visiting Mendoza for around 3-4 days. I take it the girls in Argentina will be less interested in the gringo look though?

We are heading to Bolivia and Peru mainly for the sightseeing aspect of the trip (salt flats & inca trail). Haven't heard the best things about the girls in those countries, but we will still find time to go out.

Cartagena has a beautiful historic city center, but it is muy turistica and about 50% more expensive than the rest of the country. Also, I didn't really like the locals. Their Spanish is incomprehensible. I was there with a beautiful girl from Bogota and even SHE couldn't understand them, no joke. Watch out for the prostitutes there in the bars; there's a lot, and they're sneaky bitches. I do recommend getting drinks at sunset at Sundowners on the city ramparts.

Medellin is the best place to post up for a while. I recommend it; it's really something. Watch episodes 1 and 2 of Narcos to see what it looks like. Personally though I love Bogota because it's more sophisticated and cosmopolitan, and if I were to go back -- God willing -- I'll set down some roots there for a few months.

Bolivia: Uyuni Salt Flats are great! I was there a year and a half ago. Recommend Red Planet tours. You don't have to book ahead; just show up the night before you want to leave, and go to the tour offices at 7 am. You can leave by 8 am. The three-day trip is really, really spectacular. You'll love it. It's kind of the new Macchu Picchu.

However, 99% of the women you will see in Uyuni, La Paz, etc are unfuckable. They are called "cholitas" or "cholas", and they're stout Andean women with solid indigenous backgrounds. They won't speak to you, and they look like angry fat ducks. It's just thousands upon thousands of ugly women. I wish I were exaggerating, but I'm not. Roosh talked about it in his book too.

In Bolivia, two more recommendations. Go to Potosi for a couple days and descend into the Potosi mines. Learn about the history of what happened there. THAT is quite an experience. If you need to relax with decent weather and a decent city in Bolivia, head to Sucre. There's English spoken there, a large expat community.

Argentina: Yes, girls in Argentina are less interested in gringo look just because they have quite a bit of German and especially northern Italian influence there. Blonde/blue is not unique to them the way it is in Colombia. But I was there on two occasions with my ex-wife, who was a hot blonde gringa herself, so I honestly don't remember the female quality. I need to return, solo...

Also consider Cordoba, which is a college town, if you'll be there during the semester. I have a Spanish friend who went and reported back with two thumbs-up. He said his head was on a swivel there was so much young talent.