rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Frat or D1 Athlete

Frat or D1 Athlete

I’m currently in high school (11th grade) I’m torn between playing lacrosse at the college level or joining a fraternity. I was wondering which would you guys think has better benefits regarding social life and girls. Obviously I’m not making my final decision based off of this just curious as to what people in college or graduates think. I would be a preferred walk on if anyone was wondering so I wouldn’t be on scholarship starting out. Thank you for your time reading this random question lol.

Frat or D1 Athlete

Anyone can join a frat (even athletes). Not many people have the talent to be a D1 athlete.

I can hardly believe you're asking this question, but I'd say, if you have the talent to compete at that level, you'd be nuts not to do so.

Frat or D1 Athlete

D1 Athlete. Frat is just a shit backup plan for being a D1 Athlete. Stick with Athletics, it'll do you good, try and see if you can get a full ride.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Frat or D1 Athlete

A D1 college sport team is it's own fraternity, and a pretty damn elite one at that.

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-16-2018 06:42 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

A D1 college sport team is it's own fraternity, and a pretty damn elite one at that.

This!^^^^

If you're a D1 athlete, that is your fraternity. And guess what? You have a "free pass" to every Greek fraternity on campus without paying a single penny nor putting up with silly bullshit. All the benefits are at your feet.

I don't think you appreciate the respect you'll receive for being a high-level athlete. It is light years away from being in a fraternity.

Frat or D1 Athlete

I'd go so far as to say if you're a D1 lacrosse player, you don't even need any of the game advice found here to pull hot girls.

Frat or D1 Athlete

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. My only concern is the huge time commitment it is to play at that level throughout the week I feel like I won’t have any time to actually party or go out it will either be school or practice while at a frat the frequency of parties a week is crazy and I could do whatever I want. Would you guys still say Lacrosse even with the time commitment?

Frat or D1 Athlete

Dude as a former player don't miss your oppurtunity to shine in college and reap the benefits. You'll value your days as college lacrosse player more than just being some frat guy unless you are just tired of the student athlete grind. Not doing lacrosse may be a smart move if you just think you aren't smart enough to get a good GPA and play but if you are then do it.

I've heard that if you make it onto a D1 lacrosse team even if its not a target school for wallstreet,or consulting you can still get into these industries really easily because of ex-players getting graduates jobs. So it can be a pretty good network to have access to.

If you love the sport and will enjoy the sacrifices of less partying then do it.

Frat or D1 Athlete

I can't keep shaking my head at these questions of yours... Starting to suspect a troll.

"It's a huge commitment!"

"Oh, shit! Not sure if I wanna."

Listen up, do you know how many grown ass men on this forum would cut off their nuts to start college as a D1 athlete?

"Ohhhhhh, the crazy parties at the frat houses"--you have to be kidding.

Go visit a college one weekend and see how your boys in the athletic department are doing. They'll teach you about frat houses.

Frat or D1 Athlete

I’m not a troll im just trying to see all possible perspectives, college is 4 years of my life and I’m just trying to make them the best 4 possible. I understand it may seem dumb to you that I’m even asking the questions.

Frat or D1 Athlete

You know you can go to college at any time during your life, right?

On your death's bed, you can go to college.

You know there is a specific window where you are a gifted athlete, right?

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-16-2018 08:26 PM)HighSchoolDude24 Wrote:  

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. My only concern is the huge time commitment it is to play at that level throughout the week I feel like I won’t have any time to actually party or go out it will either be school or practice while at a frat the frequency of parties a week is crazy and I could do whatever I want. Would you guys still say Lacrosse even with the time commitment?

I played Varsity, but not at a D1 school.

1) You will find plenty of time to party, and when you do, it will be with intention, not some random Tuesday afternoon.
2) You will gain time management skills, learn about competition, keeping your composure.
3) The competitive friends that you make on the team will become hyper achievers, and many of them will earn huge salaries. You will too, because you will share the lessons learnt and competitive edge learned in high level sports.
4) Chicks will dig it. You have social cred, anyone can join a frat. You will be more ripped than the frat boys and your team could kick their asses when needed.
5) You will come out of university (save a major injury) with a superior physique, confidence and athleticism. There are so many alums I know making great coin. Many are entrepreneurs.
6) Start telling the chicks now in HS how you are going to play D1, I bet it will play well with them.

The question you should be asking is, "how do I get my hands on a scholarship?". Listen, its not all talent, you have to market yourself and yes - BEGIN Busting your ass in the gym and devoting yourself to it. You would be surprised how dedication and focus can take you from "walk on" to 'scholarship', even if its a D2 one.

Any athlete who is half fratboy will quit in the first year. Lets face it, from what I saw, they were just soft lazy, and undisciplined.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Frat or D1 Athlete

It depends on the school.
How is your across team at your school? Is it BIG? Do they get invited to the hot parties? Are the guys cool?
I know guys who were athletes and didn't get laid.

Some guys do sports and also join a frat. These guys do become the ROCKSTARS.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Frat or D1 Athlete

Played lacrosse in HS, I wasn't very good but had a number of guys on my team go D1.

Trust me, play lacrosse.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Frat or D1 Athlete

I played D1 hoops. The answer to this isn’t even hard unless you hate your sport. The frat dudes would die for us to be at their shindigs.

Frat or D1 Athlete

Dulceácido I know people can go to college at any time I’m just talking about me personally and the vast majority of people who attend college just come out of high school and are there for typically 4 years, for me it will be 7 because I’m trying to go to grad school.

Frat or D1 Athlete

NoMoreTO Thanks for the detailed response, that one really helped out a lot. And to answer bgbusiness’s question, my lacrosse team in highschool is know for being really good we are consistently ranked as one of the best in the nation which is why it’s easy to get spotted by scouts but our school typically doesn’t have many parties in general for some reason. When there are we are defiantly invited to go Bc everyone knows the lacrosse team does better than all the other sports in my school

Frat or D1 Athlete

it seems like the frats get more over here.

Frat or D1 Athlete

You won't need to party, the party will come to you. No joke, my friend was a D1 Basketball player. The extent of his "game" was walking around the hotel, dorm or wherever wearing socks. The girls would find out who he was, and want to take him with them, but he would say, "I can't leave the building, I'm only wearing socks. Lets go to my room.". They never left his room. The party came to him every day.

Frat or D1 Athlete

I never really had to try and get a girl because of college football. Me and a few others would try to go for the challenge of school officials or teammates. Frats like mentioned earlier wish we would attend there party. Paying for dinners were unheard of in Tx. I have status but this site has helped my game into reliving the great fvck sessions.

Frat or D1 Athlete

D1 athlete anytime of the day. Shit at my college, Frats let D1 athletes join without having to get hazed or pay fees. D1 athlete status is much more rare than frat dudes (who are literally everywhere), and (depending on the sport) you can become somewhat of a micro celebrity at your school. Plus it's easier to stay in shape, since you're already dedicating a lot of time to exercise. There's almost no drawbacks, unless you want to get into STEM.

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-27-2018 03:03 AM)Supreme4ever Wrote:  

I never really had to try and get a girl because of college football. Me and a few others would try to go for the challenge of school officials or teammates. Frats like mentioned earlier wish we would attend there party. Paying for dinners were unheard of in Tx. I have status but this site has helped my game into reliving the great fvck sessions.

Where in Texas are you? I probably hit your school up.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-17-2018 04:37 PM)HighSchoolDude24 Wrote:  

NoMoreTO Thanks for the detailed response, that one really helped out a lot. And to answer bgbusiness’s question, my lacrosse team in highschool is know for being really good we are consistently ranked as one of the best in the nation which is why it’s easy to get spotted by scouts but our school typically doesn’t have many parties in general for some reason. When there are we are defiantly invited to go Bc everyone knows the lacrosse team does better than all the other sports in my school

If only your high school taught English above a 3rd grade level...

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-16-2018 05:36 PM)HighSchoolDude24 Wrote:  

I’m currently in high school (11th grade) I’m torn between playing lacrosse at the college level or joining a fraternity. I was wondering which would you guys think has better benefits regarding social life and girls. Obviously I’m not making my final decision based off of this just curious as to what people in college or graduates think. I would be a preferred walk on if anyone was wondering so I wouldn’t be on scholarship starting out. Thank you for your time reading this random question lol.

Athletes are the rock stars of the modern college campus so you already know my answer buddy.

Try to stay away from chicks that might be current or future SJW types that may have ulterior motives & wanna throw you under the bus. Plenty of cool, good looking chicks will welcome you with open arms.

[Image: highfive.gif]

Frat or D1 Athlete

Quote: (09-16-2018 08:26 PM)HighSchoolDude24 Wrote:  

Oh jesus, the poosy will come looking for you. get a grip and focus what is important. Poosy will drain your wallet and wreck your mental state. FOCUS on yourself and self improvement and long term goals, and the poosy will take care of itself. Just quit thinking with your dick so you don't wreck your life, before it has begun. You youngsters don't listen to good advice ever. cant say no one told you to be smart about your future.

Here is all you need to know about why you should focus on you and your future: Pound MeeToo or Hashtag MeeToo and every single other false rape accusation other athletes had thrown at them that completely screwed their entire future up. Always wear a condom (no accidental kids, no baby rabies, no lifetime pay out the ass for a the raw dog mistakes). If you still don't believe what I say, check out Turd FlingingMonkey or Terrence Popp on youtube.