rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Fat People Really Eat

Ever wonder how a fat person actually eats? We all know the fat office cows who eat salads with dressing in front of us, claiming they never eat. On another message board, a guy is posting a photographic food diary:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?...955&page=1

I don't post this link to hate. If he's fat, it's none of my concern. Yet it demonstrates what we've long known: Fat people lie about what they eat.

That thread doesn't really prove anything about fat people. That said...

It's fun to watch people eat in a college dining hall. There is such a wealth of options, of entres, sides, appetizers, produce, desserts and drinks, and it's all you can eat. When you see what people eat given complete freedom, it's no surprise who's fat.

If there is basically any sugar in your diet except from fruits, you're not even trying. Fattie.

Here's an interesting study, that found that fatties take several steps to make it easier to shovel themselves with crap:

Quote:Quote:

Obese diners choose convenience and overeating at Chinese buffets

When dining at Chinese Buffets, overweight individuals serve themselves and eat differently than normal weight individuals. This may lead them to overeat, according to a recent study by Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab. Compared to normal weight diners, overweight individuals sat 16 feet closer to the buffet, faced the food, used larger plates, ate with forks instead of chopsticks, and served themselves immediately instead of browsing the buffet.

"What's crazy is that these people are generally unaware of what they're doing – they're unaware of sitting closer, facing the food, chewing less, and so on," say Brian Wanink, lead author of this study and of the book "Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think."

The study was published in the journal Obesity and includes observations of 213 diners at 11 all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant buffets across the country. Study participants included a range of normal weight to obese diners, none of whom were Asian. Major study findings include:

27% of normal-weight patrons faced the buffet compared to 42% of obese diners.
Overweight diners sat an average of 16 feet closer than normal-weight diners.
16% of obese diners sat at a booth rather than a table compared to 38% of normal weight diners
71% of normal-weight diners browsed the buffet before serving themselves compared to 33% of obese diners
24% of normal-weight people used chopsticks compared with 9% of overweight people
"When food is more convenient people tend to eat more," say coauthor Collin R. Payne, New Mexico State University.

"These seemingly subtle differences in behavior and environment may cause people to overeat without even realizing it."

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2...100308.php

Where I work we run a cafe that serves food banquet style, along with having a full salad bar and deli. Occasionally I get pulled up front to deal with customers, and if never ceases to amaze me when you watch what certain people choose.

You'll see thin Asian people come up, get a piece of fish, and 2 sides of vegetables, then a fat white woman will come up, with a salad, covered in ranch, and a soda, AND get there sides, all starch. Most will look me right in the face and ADMIT to how bad they're eating, saying things like "nothing like loading up on carbs right!"

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (09-30-2011 04:18 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

That thread doesn't really prove anything about fat people. That said...

It's fun to watch people eat in a college dining hall. There is such a wealth of options, of entres, sides, appetizers, produce, desserts and drinks, and it's all you can eat. When you see what people eat given complete freedom, it's no surprise who's fat.

If there is basically any sugar in your diet except from fruits, you're not even trying. Fattie.

Here's an interesting study, that found that fatties take several steps to make it easier to shovel themselves with crap:

Quote:Quote:

Obese diners choose convenience and overeating at Chinese buffets

When dining at Chinese Buffets, overweight individuals serve themselves and eat differently than normal weight individuals. This may lead them to overeat, according to a recent study by Cornell University's Food and Brand Lab. Compared to normal weight diners, overweight individuals sat 16 feet closer to the buffet, faced the food, used larger plates, ate with forks instead of chopsticks, and served themselves immediately instead of browsing the buffet.

"What's crazy is that these people are generally unaware of what they're doing – they're unaware of sitting closer, facing the food, chewing less, and so on," say Brian Wanink, lead author of this study and of the book "Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think."

The study was published in the journal Obesity and includes observations of 213 diners at 11 all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant buffets across the country. Study participants included a range of normal weight to obese diners, none of whom were Asian. Major study findings include:

27% of normal-weight patrons faced the buffet compared to 42% of obese diners.
Overweight diners sat an average of 16 feet closer than normal-weight diners.
16% of obese diners sat at a booth rather than a table compared to 38% of normal weight diners
71% of normal-weight diners browsed the buffet before serving themselves compared to 33% of obese diners
24% of normal-weight people used chopsticks compared with 9% of overweight people
"When food is more convenient people tend to eat more," say coauthor Collin R. Payne, New Mexico State University.

"These seemingly subtle differences in behavior and environment may cause people to overeat without even realizing it."

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2...100308.php

This just proves that fat people are in that situation because of their own laziness.
One thing I noticed is that there are 5- 6 times more fat women than men in Toronto. It really fucks up the dating market. Men have more leeway in body size in terms of being fairly health and attractive so the women getting extra pounds is pretty bad for the dating market.

I've said it many times, obesity is a WOMEN'S ISSUE

What makes this worse is that women can get away with a higher BF% and still look good, idyllic male body types are all in the 13%-9% range, while women can easily push 15% and look great, yet most are probably well over 30%

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

When I go out to eat with a group of people, I always order and eat LARGE quantities of unhealthy food just to spread the myth that thin people can eat anything they want and stay skinny.

Of course, I am a massive trolling dick. I take my diet, health, and exercise very seriously when not out with people.

What do fat people really eat? A lot. You'll see them eating a salad at lunch in a cafe, but they have a drawer full of junk food at their work desk. I won't go to a buffet in the U.S. anymore. Watching people eat themselves sick makes me lose my appetite. I watched two morbidly obese women in nightgowns fill a 5 gallon bucket with crab leg shells. Poor Chinese owner lost money that day. If that's not bad enough they looked at everyone defiant. Fat, getting fatter, and proud.

I wonder if fat people talk with their mouth full more often than normal weight people.

Being fat is more than just eating unhealthy.

Quote: (09-30-2011 06:47 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I've said it many times, obesity is a WOMEN'S ISSUE

What makes this worse is that women can get away with a higher BF% and still look good, idyllic male body types are all in the 13%-9% range, while women can easily push 15% and look great, yet most are probably well over 30%

Dude, women are naturally meant to have more BF%, what do you think tits and ass are made out of? When you do skin fold caliper measurements of women and men, the same measurement represents almost a 10% difference in bodyfat. 8mm on an early 20s male is represents %9.5 BF, while on an early 20s woman, 8mm is %18.4 BF. Women around %10 BF or less start having estrogen production problems and their periods stop and women have a harder time in general in loosing fat. And there are lots and lots of fat and overweight guys.

I'm trying to loose weight and it's a fucking pain in the ass, and I'm doing a low GI diet and everything. I sprinkle only a few meals that are not low GI (And not obvious shit like large tubs of ice cream) through the week and fat loss STOPS for that week. I avoid dairy, fruit, starch, sugar, liquid sugar, bread and carbs in general unless forced to by circumstance, and that's fairly rare.

Look at photos of american's in the 70s, it will be difficult to find anybody under the age of 30 who is overweight, and trust me, not a single fucking american cared nearly as much about 'carbs' or whatever else. When I traveled through out south east asia, I didn't give a single fuck about what I ate and I still lost 15 pounds in 3 months. Food wasn't sugary and fucking loaded with shit like HFCS. All the sweets weren't sickeningly sweet like here, but only subtly so. Portions were smaller, the food was better quality, and spicy, and even if I ordered doubled to fill me up, it didn't matter! And Asians eat rice like no tomorrow. You can't pick the fat (or tits...) off the general Thai girl. Americans didn't change, all the food around them changed. Once american style food starts reaching a country, that country starts getting fat like Americans do, especially if Amercian food isn't fancy food there. (Yes, going to KFC in Malaysia is going to a really nice expensive restaurant). Asians born and raised in the USA get just as fucking fat as the rest of us.