rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Michael Vick overrated?

One more loss and I bet Philly fans start throwing shoes.

Quote: (09-28-2011 07:43 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

he is until he figures out blitzes and how to hit the hot route. once he can successfully do that, he really will be unstoppable. until then, behind that O-line, he'll just get destroyed. he is struggling to become a pocket qb when is every instinct is to take off.

Quote: (09-28-2011 08:03 PM)cellblock4 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2011 07:43 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

he is until he figures out blitzes and how to hit the hot route. once he can successfully do that, he really will be unstoppable. until then, behind that O-line, he'll just get destroyed. he is struggling to become a pocket qb when is every instinct is to take off.

I can't see it getting any better. I think you hit the nail on the head, which is his instincts dictate a lot of wins and losses.

I think he's gone. Didn't he break his right hand?

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (09-28-2011 09:29 PM)vinman Wrote:  

I think he's gone. Didn't he break his right hand?
nah, deep bruise. I think he was over paid. Too much whining so early in the season. Vince his backup is a whiner too. This might be a disaster .

On another note, Aaron Rogers is really a cool customer in the pocket. He's not the fastest bastard ,but, I think he's even more instinctive than Brady, or Manning in the pocket.

Not at all. Problem is he's taking too many hits. The Eagles should change the playbook to have him out of the box as minimum as possible.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:01 PM)Luvianka Wrote:  

Not at all. Problem is he's taking too many hits. The Eagles should change the playbook to have him out of the box as minimum as possible.
there are so many different blitz packages in this league though. i think the first hint of pressure his instincts will take over.

Not at all, he is a top rated QB. The offensive line is crap and they are not holding back anyone. He should go back to the old Michael Vick.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:39 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Not at all, he is a top rated QB. The offensive line is crap and they are not holding back anyone. He should go back to the old Michael Vick.

if he did that , he would be dead by week 8

This is the way he was in Atlanta: a terrific year followed by a mediocre injury plagued year. Vick is fun to watch and he puts asses in the seats, but he will never win consistently.

He use to run before and was fine, the team is far from being a "dream team" and they need to go with a running game to take some pressure of him.

Look at Brady, sure he is great when he can stand all day in the pocket.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:57 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

He use to run before and was fine, the team is far from being a "dream team" and they need to go with a running game to take some pressure of him.

RUde,

you are right, Vick was, and still is a runner, but these defensive linemen are not only faster, but salivate at the thought of a quarterback calling plays that turns him into a running back 50% of the time. I just don't think he would survive that long. In terms of Brady , I think since he has a good offensive line, he is able to stay on the pocket longer, but there is no denying that he also understands and reads defenses as well as anybody in the league. I think, Vick, still has some learning to do when it comes to reading defensive schemes. Case and point, the blitz package. I don't think he even sees it coming when it comes from the right side.

SO glad that I drafted Stafford as a back up.

Us Carolina fans cant be more happier or exited about our rookie qb!

Quote: (09-29-2011 07:58 AM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:57 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

RUde,

you are right, Vick was, and still is a runner, but these defensive linemen are not only faster, but salivate at the thought of a quarterback calling plays that turns him into a running back 50% of the time. I just don't think he would survive that long. In terms of Brady , I think since he has a good offensive line, he is able to stay on the pocket longer, but there is no denying that he also understands and reads defenses as well as anybody in the league. I think, Vick, still has some learning to do when it comes to reading defensive schemes. Case and point, the blitz package. I don't think he even sees it coming when it comes from the right side.

what would also help vick in the meantime is the playcalling. if that fat fuck andy reid (i know morningweig calls the plays) would tell marty to step up the screen passes to lesean mccoy, it would slow down the blitz packages.

he's playing well, he just hasnt finished a game this year. they may had won each of the last two weeks had he finished the game.

Last year Vick was amazing, let's not forget that. Some had him down as MVP but you know that was not going to happen, I recall a TD run that he had which was amazing.
I agree with you that the fatfuck Reid needs to do something and his coaching team needs to take responsibility. Yes, the linemen are faster these days but not that fast. Maybe a few rollouts would give him sometime or play action and a running game would help him.

I am a Charger fan for the record. lol

Our New Blog:

Quote: (09-29-2011 08:28 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Last year Vick was amazing, let's not forget that. Some had him down as MVP but you know that was not going to happen, I recall a TD run that he had which was amazing.
I agree with you that the fatfuck Reid needs to do something and his coaching team needs to take responsibility. Yes, the linemen are faster these days but not that fast. Maybe a few rollouts would give him sometime or play action and a running game would help him.

I am a Charger fan for the record. lol
Raiders are gonna kill you guys this year...

Now how u gonna ruin this topic about talking about the Raiders. lol

Yeah, we are injured this week. Raiders ain't going nowhere.

Our New Blog:

Actually we got the Dolphins this week.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (09-29-2011 10:39 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Actually we got the Dolphins this week.

You need to put some money/whores on that raider-charger game. I will bet three whores you guys don't win that game.