rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Questions over Moving to Atlanta

I live in Florida close to Fort Lauderdale and I'm considering changing jobs and moving. Cities in Florida like Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville area, etc. all seem like decent spots to move to but there aren't too many jobs in my area at those places. I'd like to nonetheless live in the South and semi-close to Florida, and I feel interested in Atlanta.

I've done a search on a few search engines, the RVF, and elsewhere and learned that it may be an under-noticed, changing city. It has a growing White, Asian, and Latino population which seems to grow faster than the African-American population. It has good logistics with universities, transportation (not the roads but subways, airport), and more, depending on the location.

I've seen a few jobs in the Midtown area that look good (Midtown and Buckhead seem to be the best places in the city), and it seems centered around pretty good logistics, so I have a few questions:

- What are your overall thoughts on Atlanta? Is it a fun city?
- What are the white chicks like there, where can you meet them? How hard?
- White type of game should you adopt there? (Groups of friends? Flying solo? Online dating?)
- What seem to be the short and long term trends of the city?
- What are unique things about the place that doesn't exist in other cities? (ATL known for strip clubs, capital of the south, away from beaches)
- How is the black community? (They seem overall nice, but what about antagonistim towards whites?) LGBT community (are they flamboyant? very political? Angry towards conservatives?). Political climate?

Feedback and answers would be welcome.

I used to live in Miami/hallandale area and the one downfall I felt like in south florida is you don't have the college scene in fort Lauderdale! the las olas strip and downtown didn't get that.. I live in Tampa now and we have two colleges and i was actual in Orlando yesterday and was shocked at how good it was with women all over.. As far as Atlanta is considered I have been once nice city and you seem to get alot of the women from the southern states like Alabama, Tennessee and I know they have Georgia Tech downtown and is a major city with travelers coming in and out!

use the search function rather than start new threads.

Hypno, I stated at the top that I looked on Google/DuckDuckGo and the RooshVForum for more details. Some of the stuff on RVF on Atlanta haven’t been updated in years or don’t fully answer some questions...

FL Guy: You know what’s funny? South Florida is good but only in very certain areas. All of South Florida is gentrifying and is growing (gentrifying in a city downtown yes.. building up around the well-to-do subarbs no). West Palm Beach has a decent downtown that has decent women. Downtown Lake Worth is also gentrifying and you can see a few girls but it’s also very gross. Downtown Delray Beach has been growing but some of my favorite bars/clubs have closed recently which really has taken it down a notch. Downtown Boca Raton has decent places but you run into a lot of rich old assholes or ditzy and dumb girls with awful problems happening in their lives. I’d love to go out around Brickell in Miami but haven’t had the chance yet (Miami Beach is good too but expensive and full of rude people that have nothing to back up the rudeness). That leaves Fort Lauderdale...

Fort Lauderdale is SICK, and it’s developing as we speak. So many old houses and buildings have been torn down by Las Olas and is being replaced with luxury high-rises and bars/restaurants. There was a rooftop bar that opened there recently which is awesome. The women seem overall the best in South Florida compared to the aforementioned places and it may get even better. If I don’t go to Atlanta or some other place, I’d maybe move there, even if it’s further away from work. There’s still an FAU Fort Lauderdale campus and Broward county college there which isn’t 100% bad. What do you think?

I forgot to mention, but Orlando has ups and downs. There are some damn good places to go out and about around as well, but I’d probably DM them to you if you had to know. Downtown Orlando used to be good but it’s gotten downhill with rachety assholes with face tattoos (both girls and guys) wandering around there. The bars around UCF used to be some of the best I’ve been to but they’ve all changed and I’m not familiar with the area anymore. Around Disney or Universal are better but they’re also a lot more expensive. Basically, the good bars and spots that exist are spread across the entire city and they’re not in any single spot. The influx of Puerto Rican, other Latin Americans and Brazilians have changed the dynamics a lot so changes are incoming.

Someday I’ll do data sheets of all this stuff so people know what’s going on

Have you ever visited ATL? It's definitely not for everyone.

Why don't you head up there for a long weekend or so to check it out. You should know within a couple hours if it's for you.

Positives:
--Pro Sports teams (if you like sports)
--College scene
--Buckhead
--Lots of lakes for water sports
--Hunting

Negatives:
--Crime and gangs
--Traffic
--Crime and gangs
--Long commute if you want a nice house in the burbs
--Crime and gangs

Atlanta is very diverse which is good and bad

The population is about the same as South Florida and things are about as spread out in South Florida, so traffic is about the same.

The main difference is there are more and better jobs in at Lanta, and the cost of living is a little bit less in South Florida. That’s where Atlanta excels.

For a player, the lifestyle is a little better in south Florida. People in South Florida are focused on partying, will people in Atlanta are focused on money and careers. The attitudes of the people are very different.

Relative to Orlando, Atlanta is a lot better. Orlando doesn’t have a critical mass of places to go out, whereas Atlanta has midtown, Buckhead, VaHi, and some other places. Orlando is also much smaller.

A place worth checking out is Tampa, especially if you are white. Cost of living is low, it’s on the water, weather is nice. Only problem is an occasional red tide

If I moved to Atlanta, I’d move to the midtown area and avoid as much driving as I can try. I’d try using the MARTA subways and walking around. I’d imagine I can access all the bars and restaurants and other stuff from around there without wandering into the hood. Do you know what girls or other people from Georgia Tech and Emory University are like?

I think you're going to find that riding on MARTA will not be as pleasant as you suspect.

Riding the MARTA is not like riding New York or London or other typical big city subways? Obviously there’s less lines and less stops but is it bad/unsafe/unreliable?

I've only done it a few times and that was a long time ago when things were (arguably) safer. I've used public transport all over the world including NY, DC, LA and Miami. ATL was very uncomfortable in comparison to the others. Miami was no picnic either, but MARTA.... Ugh.

Midtown has everything you need but it’s dense so crosstown traffic sucks

GT is an engineering school, mostly dudes and beat women with a few pleasant exceptions

Emory is mostly Jewish and left wing chicks

GSU is downtown and a glorified community college, very diverse

Nice yeah! I live in Tampa I like it here, debate on going back to Miami because i love living in the tropics and of course miami beach... Orlando is nice but besides the few bars downtown and UCF crew i didn't see much! Tampa is better choice because you have USF, UT, Tourists still (not like Miami but still not bad), clearwater beach st pete beach and still only hour and half from orlando also flights to latin america arn't bad you have to connect in fort Lauderdale that is one thing that is nice about Miami is the flights to other countries. For miami also I like blackbird ordinary and wynwood and the beach does have the HOSTELS which have the tourists I miss that! You can pay $25-30 a night and get an open bar full of international women and take the bus to the clubs like story, basement, or whatever they are promoting. Again Tampa has the college crowd which is amazing here and people from the smaller towns do come here to party.

Fort lauderdale/broward as far as hollywood not much there, and downtown las olas is good and ya FAU campus is good too I know the SWAY nightclub was fun i would go on thursdays but i lived 30 minutes away so that was only downfall the one thing Miami definitely has alot more of is if your in good shape and free on weekends it really is easy to run game all along the beach and ocean drive. Clearwater is more family oriented here so i miss that [Image: sad.gif] Just stand topless walk up to girls and Couchsurfing is another tool that miami excels in as well! compared to other cities

Not sure where the issue of crime in Atlanta is coming from, it depends heavily on the area. One of my friends lives in Buckhead and has been there for years, had a much worse experience in Detroit but has been safe in Atlanta.

From my experience in the city having visited and talked to a friend who is a lifelong southerner, I'll just repeat what I have said in other threads.

If you want anything of quality other than black girls, it is an uphill to score because so much of the game is centered around a popularity contest. From what I hear, social circle game reigns supreme and this is true especially in Buckhead. I don't know of other areas since I don't have friends who run game in those places, Hypno might be your guy there.

I've personally always found women from the city of Atlanta to be a bit more like California girls, way too preoccupied by the cool factor and how you can help them move up socially rather than just down for a fun time. The sample size is small though FWIW.

Just moved to North suburbs of Atlanta.
Please shoot me a PM if you want to meet in person.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Quote: (08-22-2018 07:40 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

Not sure where the issue of crime in Atlanta is coming from, it depends heavily on the area. One of my friends lives in Buckhead and has been there for years, had a much worse experience in Detroit but has been safe in Atlanta.

From my experience in the city having visited and talked to a friend who is a lifelong southerner, I'll just repeat what I have said in other threads.

If you want anything of quality other than black girls, it is an uphill to score because so much of the game is centered around a popularity contest. From what I hear, social circle game reigns supreme and this is true especially in Buckhead. I don't know of other areas since I don't have friends who run game in those places, Hypno might be your guy there.

I've personally always found women from the city of Atlanta to be a bit more like California girls, way too preoccupied by the cool factor and how you can help them move up socially rather than just down for a fun time. The sample size is small though FWIW.

Crime is pretty horrible in Atlanta. Its not uncommon to hear about cars or apartments getting broken into in Midtown, where there's so many luxury condos being built that go for almost $2000 a month for a 1 bedroom. While the residents of Midtown are your typical SWPL yuppies, there's a lot of nightclubs that attract riffraff during the night, and lots of homeless during the day.

I would not daygame on the streets of midtown at all. Its fruitless, and you won't see many targets at all; even if you do, you might be cockblocked by panhandlers. On the other hand, the Beltline and Piedmont Park will be the main daygame locations. Ponce City Market and Krog Street Market have high concentration of talent, lots of white blondes in heels, but they are mostly on dates or in large groups.

For nightlife, definitely go up to Buckhead. The condos there are nice, but daygame will mostly be in Midtown in the aforementioned locations.

Peadmont Park is really the only place for day game, Atlanta does not have good day game, but night life is great in Midtown and Buckhead, and has a lot of white and black girls. Peadmont Park occasionally hosts concerts and i have found that to be a great spot for game. I would highly recommend living in Midtown if you're under 30, it is a great area. Atlanta is a good city and wouldn't be a bad move.

Quote: (10-08-2018 04:53 AM)USplayer642 Wrote:  

Peadmont Park is really the only place for day game, Atlanta does not have good day game, but night life is great in Midtown and Buckhead, and has a lot of white and black girls. Peadmont Park occasionally hosts concerts and i have found that to be a great spot for game. I would highly recommend living in Midtown if you're under 30, it is a great area. Atlanta is a good city and wouldn't be a bad move.

Density is quite low in Piedmont Park on weekdays, even after work hours. Your best bet would be to catch girls walking their dogs on weekday afterwork hours. I'd say that Piedmont Park is a hit or miss as a whole. On the weekends I prefer to daygame on the Beltline instead.

I also agree that Atlanta sucks for daygame. The cool coffee shops intown attract mostly hipster girls (both white and black). Does anyone know where the southern blondes hang out during weekdays where I can daygame?

Check the whole foods and Starbucks in Sandy springs for the sorority types. Beltline area is more hipster but nocompletely

Kennesaw is good if you like country music.

Quote: (10-08-2018 12:12 AM)Aquarius Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2018 07:40 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

For nightlife, definitely go up to Buckhead. The condos there are nice, but daygame will mostly be in Midtown in the aforementioned locations.

I would not praise the night game of Atlanta too much either from my own experience as well as having talked to dudes who have lived there. From what a couple of southern college grads who moved to NYC from there told me, Buckhead is a continuation of SEC Greek Life 2.0

Did not make sense to me at the time why I was seeing so many busted dudes with girls way out of their league yet nightgame was simultaneously hard at the same time. Buckhead seems to be the landing spot for former frat bros and sorority girls from the SEC and even from my experience with college grads who were involved in SEC Greek Life, they're probably the least welcoming of outsiders compared to kids involved in Greek Life in other conferences.

Unless you're open to going for black girls, Atlanta is strictly a social circle game heavy city.

I was born and raised in Atlanta, and I've lived here a total of about 30 years.

And I live here now.

Atlanta is a great city. It's not necessarily the best city in America, or a poosy paradise, but it has a lot going for it. Also, the Marta subway is pretty clean, new, and generally safe. Although the public transportation isn't as viable as Uber or Lyft for getting around in a hurry. It generally works best for commuting to downtown from the suburbs.

Pros:
- weather is great (even some awesome days all winter), pretty sunny most of the time.
- huge variety of women, older and young. Although the nightlife tends to be more in the younger side, there are definitely places to meet women in their 30s and 40s too.
- many types of people. All races, especially white and black (some amazing black girls), asian, latina (although not as much as Miami, Cali, or Texas, there's still a ton of Latinas around)
- housing is pretty cheap. You can get a decent house for $200,000-$300,000, even cheaper if you're willing to live in the gentrifying areas (ghetto). Atlanta has a LOT of ghetto where you'll see crackheads and a $30,000 run down house right next to a brand new $300,000 house that a doctor lives in. It's a great time to buy a house before prices go up if you're looking to speculate, especially on the west side.
- rent is reasonable. Plenty of apartments in the metro for under $1,000, although they are rising and intown tends to be over $1,000 for something new.
- Economy is pretty good. World's busiest airport.
- hippy chicks, sports chicks, educated chicks, goth chicks, gamer chicks, whatever you're into you can find it. Although atlanta tends to be regular white collar folks and sports folks, there's a lot of variety. It's especially good for hippy rednecks, sports people, and college educated black people.
- There are a lot of hot women everywhere here. It's easy to find sets in the mall, target, grocery store, etc.
- male to female ratio is pretty good.
-mountains nearby (2 hours), beach nearby (4 hours), lots of outdoor places to go hiking.
- a lot of trees and hills in the city, feels like you are in a forest.

Cons:
- girls aren't particularly easy compared to other cities. About average, or slightly better than average. If your game is good you'll do fine.
- there's a lot of hot girls, but also a lot of overweight women, and ugly women. If you go on tinder or bumble, you will see a hot chick and then an ogre every time you swipe. so there's some competition for the good looking girls.
- not quite as hippy as west coast if you are into alternative lifestyle (me). but still, plenty.
- a lot of douche frat boys in buckhead to deal with (but hot girls). Buckhead is the biggest preppy nightlife area on the north side of town. Sort of a college vibe.
- nightlife is good, but only in certain spots. A lot of the metro area is pretty sleepy at night, except for your typical bar and grill type places.

Overall, Atlanta is a very solid choice. With about 5 million people you'll find something that works for you.

I don't think Atlanta is good logistically. It's a sprawling city with crappy public transit.

That being said, if you live and work in Midtown or Buckhead, logistics will be no issue for you.

I really like Atlanta. It's similar to Chicago in that while the murder rate is high, the violent crime is almost entirely isolated in the ghettos. Midtown and Buckhead are both quite safe.

Are you into black girls? There are a lot of black women. If you're not into chocolate shorties, I'd be hesitant to move to Atlanta.

Peachtree St. runs up from downtown to Midtown to Buckhead. There are always some daygame opportunities on that street. Georgia State is also a massive university in Downtown ATL.

When I head back to Atlanta, I'm definitely gonna take a look at Atlantic Station (an upscale outdoor mall in West Midtown) and a closer look at Buckhead.

Atlanta is great for online game also because it is so spread out.

Atlanta looks good Southern women, SEC colleges all of that is a plus compared to Miami/Ft Lauderdale, The one thing though That I love about south florida is if your in relatively good shape Abs 6 pack it makes game very easy at the beaches because you can just walk around topless and women will look and that is the only thing you don't get in atlanta is the beach game other than that solid choice