rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

White male professors in UK will be assigned younger black women as "mentors"

The program is being called "reverse" mentorship. Since the learning from a mentor is not voluntarily, these women are actually handlers.

Quote:Quote:

Male, pale and stale university professors are to be given “reverse mentors” to teach them about unconscious bias, under a new Government funded scheme.

Under the project, white men in senior academic posts will be assigned a junior female colleague from an ethnic minority as a mentor.

Prof John Rowe, who is overseeing the project at Birmingham University, said he hoped the scheme will allow eminent professors to confront their own biases and leave them “feeling quite uncomfortable”.

“What is understood about unconscious bias is that we have all got it, but the more you learn about it and become conscious of it, the more you can act,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

“While it is well known and obvious that women and minority groups suffer setbacks to their career progression no one really understands why.

“It’s not as if there is any overt prejudice – it is something to do with the way the system is or the way it has evolved and we needed to find out why.”

The mentor scheme is one element of a broader project aimed at challenging bias, funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council’s (EPSRC).

What is understood about unconscious bias is that we have all got it, but the more you learn about it and become conscious of it, the more you can act

“We are mindful that previous attempts at addressing such imbalances have not been successful, so we are investigating new ways of understanding how to support progression of our female and ethnic minority colleagues,” he said.

“Questions such as ‘Is there a bias when the gender of the academic is known?’, ‘Is it the result of the group dynamic of a panel of assessors?’ and ‘Are women encouraged to work in particular research areas, perhaps those outside of STEM subjects?’ will also be addressed.”

The EPSRC, a government agency, is funding eleven “Equality, Diversity and Inclusion” projects as part of an £5.5 million anti-discrimination drive in engineering and physical sciences.

It has previously been claimed that Oxford porters should be given “unconscious bias” training, amid claims that they assume black students are trespassing when they enter College grounds.

The university’s students’ union published their Liberation Vision document, which recommends that porters should also be trained in how to respond to reports of sexual violence and mental health issues among students.

The document says that and cleaners, known as “scouts”, tutors, supervisors and senior tutors should also partake in the training.

The move follows a series of complaints about porters unfairly targeting black students and singling them out for questioning about why they have entered College grounds.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/20...e-mentors/

I have no sympathy for the professors. Over 90% of college professors are liberals and have been instrumental in enabling social justice. This serves as a good example that the ones who served as allies to a movement will eventually be attacked by it. Soviet communism is a good example of that.

I think it would be more appropriate to refer to them as commissars, basically a political hierarchy that is parallel to the regular hierarchy and ensures it is within political bounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commissar

Apparently liberal college professors are being denounced as not being revolutionary enough.

If you haven't read Harrison Bergeron it is definitely worth a read:

https://archive.org/stream/HarrisonBerge...n_djvu.txt

[Image: quote-for-tis-the-sport-to-have-the-engi...286850.jpg]

One would assume that Professors in England would get the meaning, but I wont hold my breath.

"Stop playing by 1950's rules when everyone else is playing by 1984."
- Leonard D Neubache

Ah it'll be fine. These mentors will just guide them in the right direction, and once the white male professors understand their privilege, the job of the mentors will be done, and everyone will just continue with their business.

It will never end up like the cultural revolution in China, where professors were dragged into courtyards, subjected to "struggle sessions" as they were called, tortured, killed, and sometimes even eaten.

Blind leading the blind. Anyway, the sooner the obsolete, credential, bloated, vain system of modern education crushes the better.

Quote: (08-12-2018 08:29 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

The program is being called "reverse" mentorship. Since the learning from a mentor is not voluntarily, these women are actually handlers.

Quote:Quote:

Male, pale and stale university professors are to be given “reverse mentors” to teach them about unconscious bias, under a new Government funded scheme.

Under the project, white men in senior academic posts will be assigned a junior female colleague from an ethnic minority as a mentor.

Prof John Rowe, who is overseeing the project at Birmingham University, said he hoped the scheme will allow eminent professors to confront their own biases and leave them “feeling quite uncomfortable”.

The move follows a series of complaints about porters unfairly targeting black students and singling them out for questioning about why they have entered College grounds.

I have no sympathy for the professors. Over 90% of college professors are liberals and have been instrumental in enabling social justice. This serves as a good example that the ones who served as allies to a movement will eventually be attacked by it. Soviet communism is a good example of that.

Not to mention that after the Penn State scandal, it's obvious that large numbers of them cover for the pedophiles among them.

Everyone focused on Sandusky and the football team. However, it was not widely reported that there were at least 3 other professors at Penn State who were raping kids.

Lasaga

Neisworth - a professor who was a well-known expert of child development!

Kenneth Kyle

Can smell the lawsuits from here...

Honestly this post made my day, Roosh. Nothing like sweet justice for those social justice warriors :-)

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

“While it is well known and obvious that women and minority groups suffer setbacks to their career progression no one really understands why.

“It’s not as if there is any overt prejudice – it is something to do with the way the system is or the way it has evolved and we needed to find out why.”

We're in agreement - there is NO overt prejudice (other than the acceptable kind, against men and whites).

As to "no one understands why" certain groups continue to excel other groups, let me help you with that: It's called innate ability. Some groups (whether they be races, ethnic groups, and each of the two genders) excel at certain tasks and others excel at different tasks. It is informed by differences in IQ, evolutionary psychology, and culture, some of which go back thousands or even hundreds of thousands of years. Therefore, they cannot be changed by decree or wishful thinking. These differences will persist. As Horace said in 20 B.C., "You may drive out nature with a pitchfork, but she'll keep coming back".

You're welcome.

Yet rich Parents from abroad keep sending their kids to these western universities. I wonder how long will this last when they realize that the brainwashing happening will negatively affect their children. When these libtards protest in schools and my child cannot study in peace and quiet, why would I give them my money. Now with professors being given further training into "feelings" and to get rid of their biases, well I believe they will continue going down that slope of sjw'ism and ruin the universities.
Every culture has biases. For shits and giggles, I would love to see this implemented in one of the historical black colleges in the states. Today it would be shunned, but in the future it will be knocking on the door.

Quote: (08-12-2018 09:03 AM)Horus Wrote:  

It will never end up like the cultural revolution in China, where professors were dragged into courtyards, subjected to "struggle sessions" as they were called, tortured, killed, and sometimes even eaten.

The Chinese Cultural Revolution is, and always was, the end goal of all leftism.

It's not enough just to strip them of their success. They must be humiliated as well, to give the losers the revenge they've been dreaming of for all those years of failure.

There seems to be some potential here for dirty old man game. No she's not my daughter, she's my mentor.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (08-12-2018 01:33 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

There seems to be some potential here for dirty old man game. No she's not my daughter, she's my mentor.

WAMAS(Would Accept "Mentor" and Smash)

Someone thinking positive. Odds with something like this. A decent amount of these girls are getting pounded out. For the gameless professors, a few #metoo accusations.

Like the 2nd thermodynamics law, the once venerated system of higher education is heading towards entropy before inevitable collapse of its present messed up state. All the supposed brains in the world and yet these brainiacs can't fathom their own role in bringing about the heat death of their intended brave new world..

Read the whole thing, but couldn't find the numbers.

How many white male professors are we talking about?

This is literally political commissars.

When to expect the mass collapse of feminism and social justice? Oh and the desperate return of masculinity? I say 5 years.

They're eating their own. You just need to read a few history books on Academia to know where these higher than average IQ people are heading.

Is this a requirement for "fellow white people" as well?

It would be hilarious if that was the case.

Quote: (08-12-2018 01:33 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

Made even better that as the "mentee" in this scenario they'd be the one being abused by the person in power, could gun for a reverse #metoo

Quote: (08-12-2018 01:15 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

The Chinese Cultural Revolution is, and always was, the end goal of all leftism.

It's not enough just to strip them of their success. They must be humiliated as well, to give the losers the revenge they've been dreaming of for all those years of failure.

That line, "The goal is to hopefully make them uncomfortable" sounds just like the agenda for a struggle session.

Quote: (08-13-2018 01:33 PM)C-Note Wrote:  

Quote: (08-12-2018 01:15 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

That line, "The goal is to hopefully make them uncomfortable" sounds just like the agenda for a struggle session.

I think it's a word-for-word exact translation of what the Chinese said during the Cultural Revolution.

Maoism making a comeback!

[Image: _63441465_li660825a(2).jpg]

Take care of those titties for me.

Quote: (08-13-2018 03:26 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Maoism making a comeback!

[/img=750x750]https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/media...25a(2).jpg[/img]

[Image: wb2.gif]

I foresee bad homework will be sanctioned... Mao introduce the punishement and humiliation but not sure he thought about it this way...

[Image: f8bc968ccf4dfac2c92e89951f98cf5d.21.jpg]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral