rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are Hispanics "white?" Science and cultural anthropology rejects the notion

Overwhelming majority of Hispanics from Latin America are mixture of European, Indigenous/Native peoples, and sub-Saharan Africans. Hispanics differ with European whites in culture, genetics, intelligence, political preferences, and pretty much every measure upon which differences between races/peoples are measured.

A lot of hispanics might have lots of European admixture in their genes, but so do a lot of Iranians, Arabs, Turks, Central Asians, and even Afghanis. Significant European admixture can be found as far as Kaalash tribes of Northern Pakistan who live cut-off from main civilization. As Richard Spencer says, some Afghan woman with green eyes might have higher European genetic admixture than even Spencer himself---but in terms of identity, worldview, culture, education, politics, intelligence, and existence---There is almost NO similarity between that Afghan woman and a white-European living in mainland Europe. Same analogy can be applied to Hispanics. Hispanics might have some European admixture but they are fundamentally not 'Europeans/whites' by any appreciable measure. Hispanics are mixture of Europeans, indigenous/Native Americans, and Africans. Overwhelming majority of Hispanics are "Mestizos" and not 'Europeans' like non-Hispanic whites in the U.S.

Let's briefly look at the few measures to quantify the differences between Hispanics and European/whites...

GENETICS:

In contrast to non-Hispanic European Americans, whose average European ancestry ranges about 98.6%, genetic research has found that the average European admixture among self-identified Hispanic "White" Americans is (just) 73% European. On average, more than a QUARTER of entire genetic make-up of Hispanic "whites" comes from non-white populations such as Native Americans, Blacks, Asians etc. For general Hispanic population, the non-European admixture is even higher (utpo 1/3 of entire DNA code on average!). Anybody familiar with the genetic studies know that even a very minute difference in genes produces a very large outcome. In case of Hispanics, the genetic difference in comparison to Europeans is not minute but a SIGNIFICANT one. It's no wonder that Hispanics are completely different from Europeans and produce different results when it comes to culture, politics, IQ/Intelligence, education, and so on.

Source: https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002...14)00476-5

(Note: The study is done on Latinos who used the app 23&me for their genetic history. This group of large Latinos are those who could afford to pay $100 dollars for the test, owned a smart phone, and were educated enough to know about the existence of genetic testing and apps such as 23&ME. This sample most likely over-represented "white hispanics" as white hispanics are generally more affluent/educated than rest of the general hispanic population. It means that the actual non-European genetic admixture in general hispanic population is most likely even HIGHER than what is being shown in the study (which is still statistically significant and make Hispanics a 'non-European' people in terms of intelligence/IQ, political, and cultural outlook and outcomes).

IDENTITY:

Although most Hispanic Americans pick "white" as their racial category in the US Census (due to the absence of racial category: Latino/Hispanic), an overwhelming majority of these hispanics in their personal lives consider themselves as ethnically mestizo (of mixed European and Amerindian background) or mulatto (of mixed European and sub-Saharan African background). Infact, 83% of Hispanics surveyed in the U.S regarded themselves as either Mixed (Mestizo), Indigenous, or Afro-Latin

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/201507151712...ifications

INTELLIGENCE/IQ:

Hispanics on average have 13 to 20 IQ points lower than the white Europeans (depending on the study). The relatively lower IQ of Hispanics compared with Europeans (Whites) have remained consistent across different studies at various times across multiple generations. Harvard academic conducting the IQ study on hispanics argued that this showed the 'permanency' of IQ differentials between Hispanic and European white populations.

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0...40168.html (The link to entire paper has been integrated with the article)

This fact can also be seen through the consistent sub-par performance of Hispanic higherschoolers, in comparison to non-Hispanic white highschoolers, in the standardized testing across multiple states in the U.S. Interestingly, the results show a similar pattern when it comes to college and GRE (Graduate school entry exam) test scores (Page, 61 of study).

CONCLUSION:

In short, ALL the evidence suggests that "Hispanics" are a people of their own, and they are NOT 'Europeans.' There are significant differences between Europeans and Hispanics in terms of cultural, intelligence, political tendencies, IQ, identity, and social preferences (even if both peoples share some genetic admixture between them). Hispanics also radically differ from European whites in terms of political and governmental preferences when it comes to issues like the size of the government, welfare state, and nationalism. Those things are obvious so I haven't discussed those here to keep it short. See Stefan's video for more on this

Here is Stefan Molyneux's video detailing the significant differences in culture, politics, policy preferences and voting patterns of Europeans (whites) and Hispanics (Mestizos).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN_FOCF3vIQ

I couldn't follow the convoluted web here, but in your conclusion, you failed to associate genetics to being "hispanic" or "white." All you really said was anecdotal evidence related to several wildly subjective things. "Cultural, intelligence, political tendencies, IQ, identity, and social preferences (even if both peoples share some genetic admixture between them). Hispanics also radically differ from European whites in terms of political and governmental preferences when it comes to issues like the size of the government, welfare state, and nationalism."

What is this? Then you suggest I should just look to Stefan Molyneux? As if he's some scientific authority on who is and isn't white and it's based on their voting preferences....? This is so strange.

Quote: (08-03-2018 10:41 PM)Tyrion Wrote:  

Overwhelming majority of Hispanics from Latin America are mixture of European, Indigenous/Native peoples, and sub-Saharan Africans. Hispanics differ with European whites in culture, genetics, intelligence, political preferences, and pretty much every measure upon which differences between races/peoples are measured.

I think that this has less to do with genetics/IQ than it has to do with the differences in Colonial history between the former Spanish/Portuguese colonies and British Colonies. Even if you look at the former colonies in the Caribbean which are majority black, the British ones are better. Where would you rather run a business or go to court, the Bahamas (or Barbados, Bermuda, even Jamaica) or the Dominican Republic, Cuba or heaven forbid, Haiti? If we're going to compare Latinos to Europeans then I only think that its fair to do it in the context of the new world, so basically North and South America. Obviously the two continents and their countries were all discovered, settled and developed in different ways. We're talking about a 400+ year timeline here and a lot of shit went down in those years, which has contributed to the relative success of the nations.

Quote: (08-03-2018 11:33 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I couldn't follow the convoluted web here, but in your conclusion, you failed to associate genetics to being "hispanic" or "white." All you really said was anecdotal evidence related to several wildly subjective things. "Cultural, intelligence, political tendencies, IQ, identity, and social preferences (even if both peoples share some genetic admixture between them). Hispanics also radically differ from European whites in terms of political and governmental preferences when it comes to issues like the size of the government, welfare state, and nationalism."

What is this? Then you suggest I should just look to Stefan Molyneux? As if he's some scientific authority on who is and isn't white and it's based on their voting preferences....? This is so strange.

Well, I have discussed genetics under the sub-heading "GENETICS"....Just read that may be?

Read entire post with studies/links and don't be lazy and jump to conclusion....and you'll get a better idea of the thread.

In order to differentiate between peoples....we can look into genetics, culture, long-term political preferences, IQ differences, and so on.

In this thread, I have looked into all of the above and the evidence suggests that Hispanics are not Europeans (whites) unless you have a very broad definition of 'white' and include North Africans, Turks, Arabs, Iranians, Northern Pakistanis etc in the category "white."

Quote: (08-03-2018 11:39 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2018 10:41 PM)Tyrion Wrote:  

I think that this has less to do with genetics/IQ than it has to do with the differences in Colonial history between the former Spanish/Portuguese colonies and British Colonies. Even if you look at the former colonies in the Caribbean which are majority black, the British ones are better. Where would you rather run a business or go to court, the Bahamas (or Barbados, Bermuda, even Jamaica) or the Dominican Republic, Cuba or heaven forbid, Haiti? If we're going to compare Latinos to Europeans then I only think that its fair to do it in the context of the new world, so basically North and South America. Obviously the two continents and their countries were all discovered, settled and developed in different ways. We're talking about a 400+ year timeline here and a lot of shit went down in those years, which has contributed to the relative success of the nations.

Your point well taken. However, I am not entirely discussing the success or failures of groups per say. My main contention is whether Hispanics are Europeans (whites)? And to this extent, the answer seems to be no and all the evidence suggests that.

If you make the argument that people with 60%-70% European admixture are by definition whites/Europeans then Hispanics can be considered whites (atleast a huge portion of them). However, with the same definition in mind, a huge portion of Turks, Iranians, North Africans, Afghans, and even some Arab groups can also be considered 'white/Europeans'....which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of white and European identity or group categorization.

Furthermore, the Harvard study I linked shows that there is a permanent differential of about 13+ IQ points between Hispanics and "whites" (Europeans) across generations. Hispanics who are born and raised in the Anglo-Saxon environment of the U.S still score far below on IQ tests/SATs/GREs than European whites in America. What explains that? With these facts at hand---it becomes hard to argue that Hispanics are basically the same people as 'whites' (Europeans). Won't you agree?

If a chick uses brown emojis on whatsapp she isn't white.

Quote: (08-04-2018 12:00 AM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

If a chick uses brown emojis on whatsapp she isn't white.

What happens if a brown chick uses white emojis on whatsapp....is she white now?

Many Latinos who immigrate the US are working low end jobs, don't speak much English and live in lower income areas. Their kids end up going to shitty schools, have to deal with growing up between two cultures, with absent parents who are busy working. Maybe that explains their lower success rates in standardized tests compared to white kids who most often don't have to deal with such issues?

[Image: attachment.jpg30387]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

35th post on the forum is a race poll. You go get'em kid.

So the question is i guess do you consider Spaniards and Basques “Hispanic” or European. I’m of Spanish extraction both mom and dad, blonde, blue eyes - I’m a Spaniard and consider myself Hispanic. Whiter than most whites [Image: wink.gif]

You don't need to be an anthropologist!to know that there a white girl getting some Polynesian in her tonight.

Aloha!

Quote: (08-04-2018 12:13 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Many Latinos who immigrate the US are working low end jobs, don't speak much English and live in lower income areas. Their kids end up going to shitty schools, have to deal with growing up between two cultures, with absent parents who are busy working. Maybe that explains their lower success rates in standardized tests compared to white kids who most often don't have to deal with such issues?

My attention is not to race bait. Honestly. I couldn't care less about scores on standardized tests. It's a stupid measure to calculate intelligence anyways.

Let's say Hispanic populations from Latin America produce similar IQ results than white-Europeans. Would you then consider Hispanics as 'whites' as in Europeans? That's the main crux of my post.

Do you see Hispanic/Latin population of Latin America (especially those migrating to the US) as part of the wider white population (like Germans, Polish, Italians, Spanish (from Spain), Irish, Russians, Swedes etc etc) or do you see them as 'non-whites' just like Middle-Easterners, Asians, Indians etc?

Quote: (08-04-2018 01:23 AM)ThrustMaster Wrote:  

So the question is i guess do you consider Spaniards and Basques “Hispanic” or European. I’m of Spanish extraction both mom and dad, blonde, blue eyes - I’m a Spaniard and consider myself Hispanic. Whiter than most whites [Image: wink.gif]

Spanish as in from Spain? Spaniards and Basques or Italians whatever are "whites" (Europeans).

I am talking about Hispanics from Latin America. And it's not about one or two people...even hundreds. I'm sure you can find a lot of people in Latin America who have European phenotype and a very European genetic make-up. You can find such people in Afghanistan as well for f*cks sake.

My question is.........as a general rule.....are Hispanics/People from Latin America "whites"?

Europeans, American-Europeans, Australians etc are 'whites'.....are Hispanics in the same category?[/i]

Quote: (08-04-2018 02:34 AM)Tyrion Wrote:  

My question is.........as a general rule.....are Hispanics/People from Latin America "whites"?

If you want to race troll, at least do it correctly, do you se a difference in what their ancesters supposed to look like :

[Image: Vikings-series.jpg][Image: Screen-Shot-2017-07-15-at-10.15.55-am.png]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

10/10 thread.

Ideas for next thread title: “Are Abbos Human?”, “Are Italians White?”, “The Irish are white, but are they huWhite??”, “Are white people who own pitbulls still white?”

I look forward to your futute contributions.

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A low post, no-rep race thread

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5080671]

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (08-04-2018 05:47 AM)realologist Wrote:  

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

I don't know, what does science and cultural anthropology have to say on the matter?

Quote: (02-26-2015 01:57 PM)delicioustacos Wrote:  
They were given immense wealth, great authority, and strong clans at their backs.

AND THEY USE IT TO SHIT ON WHORES!

I don't know what this thread is, but if I'm supposed to be rawdogging more Meztizo girls, count me in.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (08-04-2018 02:30 AM)Tyrion Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2018 12:13 AM)scotian Wrote:  

My attention is not to race bait. Honestly. I couldn't care less about scores on standardized tests. It's a stupid measure to calculate intelligence anyways.

Let's say Hispanic populations from Latin America produce similar IQ results than white-Europeans. Would you then consider Hispanics as 'whites' as in Europeans? That's the main crux of my post.

Do you see Hispanic/Latin population of Latin America (especially those migrating to the US) as part of the wider white population (like Germans, Polish, Italians, Spanish (from Spain), Irish, Russians, Swedes etc etc) or do you see them as 'non-whites' just like Middle-Easterners, Asians, Indians etc?

[Image: inoveryourhead.jpg]

I suspect that regardless of his "attention" this thread is not going to go in the direction OP "intended"

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

OP, is this thread going in the direction you were hoping for?

What should the focus be on?

I'm the King of Beijing!

Stupid thread, and I've been over this issue so many times this will be my final post on the subject. I voted 'other', and therefore am expanding on this in the reply as specified in the poll.

Is this man white? Or this one? Yes, clearly. Is this man white? No, clearly. Yet in the US, all are considered 'hispanic'.

"Hispanic" (and Latino) is a term made fashionable in the 1970s in order to create a voting bloc of people who are actually rather ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse — a topic I've discussed at length. A white Argentine (or Brazilian - though they speak Portuguese) has as much in common with a Guatemalan border jumper than I have with a sub-saharan diamond miner. We both speak English, and might support the same soccer team, but that's it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (08-04-2018 09:12 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

"Hispanic" (and Latino) is a term made fashionable in the 1970s in order to create a voting bloc of people who are actually rather ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse — a topic I've discussed at length. A white Argentine (or Brazilian - though they speak Portuguese) has as much in common with a Guatemalan border jumper than I have with a sub-saharan diamond miner. We both speak English, and might support the same soccer team, but that's it.

Agreed. Both my grandparents came to America from Northern Mexico in the 40s and coincidentally both grandpas earned their US citizenship the old fashioned way by joining the Army and fighting in the Korean War. I never liked the terms Hispanic or Latino, for a variety of reasons. As I mentioned my family is from North America, not Latin American, not to mention that I've lived in the US all my life. So I'm about as alien from the Latin American world as someone from Norway.

Also, Hispanic and Latino implies that I have something in common with Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Columbians, Venzuelans, etc. But I don't. There are all different peoples and different cultures. Not to mention that those terms, when used to incorporate illegal immigrants or first gen Mexicans or Guatalamans, implies that I have something in common with them. The truth is I don't have anything in common with them, and they don't have anything in common with me. And if I told a first gen Mexican that I was as Mexican as him he would laugh in my face. Of course on the flip side, if that first gen Mexican told me he was as American as me, I would laugh in his face.

But to the OP, I took one of those DNA tests and I got back 65% Spanish/Italian, 30% Native American and 5% Balkans/Turkish/Lebonese. But as a "Hispanic" I've never considered myself European and never wanted to be European. And I'm sure that hispanics all over the world (with the exception of Argentines) don't consider themselves European either.

And I've never really considered myself white and only checked that box when my choices where white, black, asian, or other. So I'm confused as to why you went through all the trouble to tell me and other "hispanics" what we already knew. Especially if you yourself are not hispanic or latino.

Voted other. Hispanic is a meaningless term in regard to ethnicity. "Hispanics" can be European, native, black or a mixture (as most commonly mestizo).