rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Travel Insurance Recommendations

Hi all, I’m about to embark on some worldwide travel for at least 9 months or more. I’ve been given a travel insurance recommendation for World Nomads. I plan to visit several countries (up to 10). Any tips, things I should lookout for or places you knowledgeable folks can recommend?

Quote: (07-18-2018 10:54 PM)Freedom35 Wrote:  

Hi all, I’m about to embark on some worldwide travel for at least 9 months or more. I’ve been given a travel insurance recommendation for World Nomads. I plan to visit several countries (up to 10). Any tips, things I should lookout for or places you knowledgeable folks can recommend?

If you're travelling a lot, then you must use some fintech debit card that saves a lot on comissions and fees when paying expenses or even withdrawing money abroad. One good example is Revolut which I always use abroad and it's super easy to use and saves me money.
But the reason I mentioned it, it's because they also offer a travel insurance for its premium users. Never actually made use of it and I don't know specifically their therms and conditions so I don't know if it's better than world nomads but go give it a look

Waste of money if youre traveling for that long. Who cancels a 9 months vacation? You might need the medical but depends where youre going.

A safari in Africa required it so had to buy it then.

Wemt 18 months without it.

Quote: (07-19-2018 06:58 PM)godzilla Wrote:  

Waste of money if youre traveling for that long. Who cancels a 9 months vacation? You might need the medical but depends where youre going.

A safari in Africa required it so had to buy it then.

Wemt 18 months without it.

I doubt OP's worried about cancelling his trip. More likely concerned with having an accident in a shitty country and getting stung with a massive hospital bill

I've gone months in SE Asia without insurance before but it's a pretty dumb thing to do when the cost is so low

OP, I looked at World Nomads last time but eventually went with True Traveller. Paid £165 for 5 months cover but was already abroad when I took it out which upped the cost a bit. They seemed ok but I never had to claim so can't really comment on that

Got a quote this week of STA Travel who also offer long term trip cover. They quoted £175 for 6 months cover. Will probably go with them this year