rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Easy way to send confidential information online (e.g. for RVF meetups)

A little while back I discovered a tool called privnote. It allows you to send a confidential message to someone, which will then self destruct, like in that old 80s show "Mission Impossible."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y9NtHlJvbY#t=1m32

It's quite useful in many contexts... I've used it to send login credentials to my staff, for example for FTP access or support email... my dad sent me a credit card number with it once... and I've used it to exchange phone numbers with RVF members via PM for meetups, in case the database gets compromised (again?).

Step 1. Go to http://www.privnote.com, where you can write your secret message:

[Image: 6B7K3w9.png]

Step 2. Privnote will give you a secret link that works only once:

[Image: M3QNwag.png]

Step 3. Send the link to the recipient, he will your message and a warning that the note is already destroyed... it's still visible on his screen but then it's gone.

[Image: 2XVl5tt.png]

If anyone else gets access to the link, all he will see is this:

[Image: g0bHubA.png]

Hope some of you find this useful!

Enhanced Eddie

Thanks for this man! Very useful

Obvious question: what do you really know about this website? How do you know the message is actually destroyed? How do you know it's not intercepted/stored by a third-party?

Not trying to be a dick, just keeping the thread honest. If you could post some documentation/evidence/verified-claims of privacy and confidentiality that would be appreciated.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Has anyone used BitMessage for things like this?

"Okay (and I'm laughing now, because this is so funny), so we're A) not supposed to give you flowers, B) pay you compliments, or C) look at you. Anything else? Because I'm struggling to figure out the reason why after hearing that, I'm feeling like I'd rather get fucked in the ass by a Cape Buffalo than ever have to sit through dinner with you. Maybe you can figure it out for me. When you do, let me know. I'll be at Natasha's house."

Delete

Cool idea! It would be really cool if you could send pictures too, or even video.

Oh! and it would be sweet if you can add filters for your face, so you look like a dog, so many creative uses for that one.

It needs to have a better name - something about how private messages are gone in the snap of your fingers. I can't think of one though.

So privnote is basically the SnapChat version of posting where texts "disappear" after a few seconds?? Sounds useful, but how do we know this is legit??

If they have any malicious code to decrypt the notes, you'll never know. They can say whatever they want. Optically it works.

But like everything in life, it's down to trust.

Since it's not transparent and open source, I wouldn't put anything compromising there.

Quote: (07-07-2018 09:00 AM)Buck Wild Wrote:  

Obvious question: what do you really know about this website? How do you know the message is actually destroyed? How do you know it's not intercepted/stored by a third-party?

Not trying to be a dick, just keeping the thread honest. If you could post some documentation/evidence/verified-claims of privacy and confidentiality that would be appreciated.

This. Plus how do we know they are not in bed with the Federal Government (see Google, Facebook, etc.)? What is PrivNote's intentions? What is PrivNote's security like? Is it more or less secure?

Edit. I would recommend visiting Prism Break Project site to check to see if there are alternatives other than PrivNote, which isn't listed or mentioned on Prism Break's site.

Use PGP, or use your own server for email. I would never use a third party service that is not open source and I cannot see what's going on in the background.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

The intention isn't hiding the data from privnote, the intention is hiding the data from anyone else who might get a hold of the link. Let's say you send an email to someone with confidential information in it and the email is intercepted, the hacker will get nothing. Privnote only gets whatever you paste in that text box, so just make that information that wouldn't by itself be useful.

For example, the 3 uses I listed in the OP
1. sending a credit card number - useless without name, expiration date and 3-digit code
2. sending a password - useless without username and login URL
3. sending a phone number - useless without knowing whose phone number it is

The main reason I posted this here is because I saw Roosh advise against sharing personal information via PM. He said to use burner email addresses, exchange those and then only exchange phone numbers via the burner email accounts. Privnote makes this easier. If someone was to hack this forum and get a hold of the database including the PMs, all they would get is dead privnote links.

EE.

ProtonMail

That is good tool. Thanks for posting it.

Another privacy tool is the website https://www.protectedtext.com/ which is Safe Notes android app. It is similar to evernote but private and confidential.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, this is really very helpful to me to know the information properly, I also read an information on https://technicalprogreek.wordpress.com/ but this site didn't help me properly to know the thing, I always share this link to know the information properly it,s very helpful to most of the people.