rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Did Fat Chicks Used To Be The Most Desirable In Old Western Civilization?

If you look at a lot of classical art, a lot of the women were drawn to be overweight. Can someone more knowledgeable than me elaborate on this?

Did fat chicks used to be the most desirable type of women in old western societies or something?

[Image: nymphs0622.jpg]

Oh hey John.

I mean, they weren't exactly "fat"-fat, just plump compared to today's beauty standard.

I've heard that idea bandied about, particularly by fat acceptance advocates/feminists, that "full figured" was more natural and thus desirable. I find it somewhat hard to believe. I think maybe in those days, starvation, cold weather and disease killed off so many people that having an extra layer of blubber would help ensure your survival and that of your offspring. For women especially, since they were pregnant and nursing so often, they likely needed the stored calories. Then there was the fact that food was expensive, and only a well-off person could be fat, so it was kind of a status symbol. Having a fat wife and a bunch of healthy kids was the only way to ensure your legacy as a man.

Quote: (07-04-2018 07:54 PM)bluemarvel Wrote:  

If you look at a lot of classical art, a lot of the women were drawn to be overweight. Can someone more knowledgeable than me elaborate on this?

Did fat chicks used to be the most desirable type of women in old western societies or something?

Who commissioned the artists at that time? Might to some extent have been the few women who where somewhat obese, (not fat by todays standards though) nobility and upper-class women etc. The women who did not perform any manual labour, and could afford a lavish diet including things that where expensive at the time, like sugar. Just theorizing here, but it would be true to female nature, basically the Tess Hollidays of their time.

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Many of the girls painted in those times were just entering puberty...

You didn't live past 30-35 in those days so younger girls with baby fat would have been common. Also, the diet then isn't going to produce you giants so a bunch of punty people who look like jelly beans would likely have been the norm.

......WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB

WNB ........................................... .WNB WNB WNB WNB

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (07-04-2018 08:22 PM)Suits Wrote:  

......WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB WNB

WNB ........................................... .WNB WNB WNB WNB

Hummm sweet asses...WB them all raw, those where the good ol days, no HIV, no feminism, no SJW's, no #me too, no gays))))

Rocha aproves!

[Image: attachment.jpg39402]   

Aphrodite 400BC, Greece:

[Image: 45353f31-7bfa-473c-8e00-bb2c7f8c5b75.jpg]

Venus, 100BC, Greece:

[Image: image1.jpg]

Maybe the guy who ordered the painting was a chubby chaser.

Short answer, yes. From the early middle ages into the late colonial period, extra weight was considered a status symbol. While most people barely had enough food to survive (some didnt even have that), the wealthy not only had enough too survive, but enough surplus food to gain weight. Being heavy-set was essentially a fashion statement of the nobility and the wealthy.

Girls were not affected by hormones/pesticides/crap in dairy causing early onset of puberty. I can imagine beauty was a lot different back in those days.

Quote: (07-04-2018 08:49 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

Aphrodite 400BC, Greece:

[Image: 45353f31-7bfa-473c-8e00-bb2c7f8c5b75.jpg]

WB.

Quote: (07-04-2018 08:49 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

[Image: image1.jpg]

WNB. Amputees freak me out.

I'm the King of Beijing!

There are all sorts of depictions of the human body in the art of 3000 years of Western Civilization. This may not be the right place to go into it, though, as people are already posting WBs and WNBs in response to Praxiteles' finest.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

^^ [Image: biggrin.gif] Lol

In the old days, fat and white was high SMV because everyone was skinny and tanned from working like a slave outdoors to survive.

Today being skinny and having time to sunbath is the high SMV, because thats the difficult thing to do, usually for rich and successful people.

They're all flatties...the worst kind of fat. If she's gonna be chubby, she needs a big rack to distract me.

WSN

Would Swim with Nymphs

[Image: _99845403_hylas.jpg]

Quote: (07-04-2018 08:14 PM)kosko Wrote:  

You didn't live past 30-35 in those days so younger girls with baby fat would have been common.

This is a common misconception that comes about due to average life expectancies.

The number of childhood deaths skews the average downwards.

People didn't live as long as today, sure, but they didn't all die at 35.

Ahhh, there's an infographic I remember seeing on the chans back in the day on this...brb whale hunting

Quote: (07-05-2018 05:03 AM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

WSN

Would Swim with Nymphs

[Image: _99845403_hylas.jpg]

Heh, but first deduce if they are in fact kelpies and not nymphs.

Quote: (07-05-2018 06:43 AM)Saweeep Wrote:  

Quote: (07-04-2018 08:14 PM)kosko Wrote:  

You didn't live past 30-35 in those days so younger girls with baby fat would have been common.

This is a common misconception that comes about due to average life expectancies.

The number of childhood deaths skews the average downwards.

People didn't live as long as today, sure, but they didn't all die at 35.

I also remember reading that, in regards to carbon dating, it's hard to tell the difference between a 35 year olds bones and a 65 year olds bones. Whereas with children it's very easy to tell.

Thus, the misconception arose that nobody lived past age 35, when in reality scientists simply can't say for certain how old someone was when they died once they're past their 30's.

When someone with hardly any posts comes up with something like this, my first instinct is that you are trying to sneak fat acceptance into the forum under cover of talking about art history.

Aw shucks, were women like this more desirable?

Calling out to my more knowledgeable bros for elaboration.

Just honest questions!

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

It's just about the aesthetics of paintings at that time, it is nothing to do with what men found attractive at the time. I'm sure there's guys like Quintius who can expand on this. Men are biologically attracted to slim women with a good waist to hip ratio, end of. These fat girls are not representative of male desire.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

We've had this topic before. Cannot even be bothered to find the articles. But the gist is this:

When there is rampant malnourishment, high mortality of mothers and children like during those times, then you find the ideal suddenly go more "fat" and well-nourished. That used to be the case during the times those paintings were done in Europe. Most women were way too thin. The age 30-35 argument is overblown by the way since that was already rising in that time and they calculated the age 35 in the previous middle ages by adding all the 50% child deaths and the deaths due to the plague and war. The ones who did not get the plague or die during childhood lived to be 70-90.

Still - before the potato came from the Americas and saved Europe, then the medieval mini-ice age caused massive difficulties. Men began to want women who were well-fed to survive childbirth and give them healthy heirs.

As soon as the extreme food poverty ended, then so did their infatuation with the fatties.

This has by the way been replicated a few decades ago in a study done on that very topic in an African country that experienced massive food shortages. The very same thing was observed - the fat Nubian women were suddenly highly valued as slim women were often dead women or produced dead offspring. But then shortly after food was plenty again the men returned to preferring slim athletic young women just as nature had intended.

So the paradox is - the biggest fat-acceptance happens only when 90% of women are starving and dying.

I am sure you can find some articles to the studies if you keep on looking.

^^^

A study was done very recently that showed that poor men preferred fatter women and wealthier men preferred thin ones.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here about it.

Saweep I believe the study/thread said lower class men like big butts and tits "thick" (not obese woman) and rich men like skinny broads with minimal curves.

I am working class and I take big butt tits and a little baby fat over skinny (so the study applies in my case.)