rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Supreme Court Vacancy

Supreme Court Vacancy

Big implications for the Supreme Court resulting from Anthony Kennedy's retirement. Kennedy leaned right on commercial issues, but left on social issues. The implications for abortion rights, gay rights, and affirmative action are huge.

I, for one, am overjoyed. I don't care to see abortion over-turned. And I could care less if faggots want to marry (I just don't want it rubbed in my face 24-7).

But affirmative action? That's huge to me. 40 years of companies and schools advantaging EVERYBODY over white males is likely to come to an end. THANK FUCKING GOD! You want to stop discrimination on the basis of sex and race? THEN STOP DISCRIMINATING BASED ON SEX AND RACE!

Supreme Court Vacancy

337 views. ZERO replies. On the biggest political news story in months. [Image: wtf.jpg]

Supreme Court Vacancy

The Father it's a dupe political thread you posted in EE (wrong forum,) it is being discussed.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-28-2018 07:41 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

The Father it's a dupe political thread you posted in EE (wrong forum,) it is being discussed.

I see now...a political sub-forum...dang what'll these boys dream up next!

Supreme Court Vacancy

I check RVF frequently, and didn't even see this post. Somehow it dropped down quickly to where it wasn't noticed. I think most discussion of this has been in the Trump thread and the SCOTUS/Gorsuch thread.

There's a lot to discuss here. On the one hand, it's almost anti-climatic, because Trump will nominate a rock-ribbed conservative, and the GOP senate will go nuclear and confirm him. So, there's not much drama, because the outcome is certain.

On the other hand, the liberals are melting down hard core. People are talking very seriously about the faggy left starting a civil war, then finding out what it's like when the masculine, gun owning, veteran-skewing right defends itself.

The legal issues themselves are very interesting. I think abortion is likely to go back to being something that state legislators decide on, which is the only defensible approach constitutionally. There are likely to be a number of no-brainer cases in the next few decades, where the court rules based on the constitution and existing precedent, and leftists go insane, because they think the court should have legislated some radical policy from the bench.

Heck, there were two powerhouse cases this week, and that's even before Trump's nominee is added to the court.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-28-2018 08:07 PM)RoastBeefCurtains4Me Wrote:  

I think most discussion of this has been in the Trump thread and the SCOTUS/Gorsuch thread.

Because Gorsuch might be nominated again?
[Image: lolwtf.gif]

Supreme Court Vacancy

Liberals are going absolutely ape shit. I fucking love it.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Supreme Court Vacancy

On the other hand, the liberals are melting down hard core.

Isn't it fun to watch?!

The legal issues themselves are very interesting. I think abortion is likely to go back to being something that state legislators decide on, which is the only defensible approach constitutionally.

I dunno. I suspect they will tread lightly on that, at least for some time. My sense is abortion will always be legal in the first trimester, but partial birth abortion will not be protected. As viability gets pushed back further and further with advances in medical technology, i expect restrictions may be allowed fairly early in a pregnancy.

I think on issues like gay "rights" and affirmative action, a right-leaning court will be much more decisive. There is NO right to faggot marriage in the constitution. Thomas Jefferson and the framers likely thought it a crime or a mental illness, more than a right. Not to say gays can't marry etc, but since there is literally NO mention of it in the constitution, and because it violates 10,000 years of tradition in nearly every society on earth, i suspect it will once again be left to states. So you'll be able to "gay marry" your boyfriend in California, but not in Alabama.

Affirmative action will be rightly put in the trash bin of history. The old joke about the HR department putting up a sign that reads "No white men need apply" because "we got tired of explaining what affirmative action really meant" will once again be just that: A joke. Because right now its true. I've seen several fortune 500 companies that said things like "OK so we need to increase the number of women and minority executives so we can be on the 'Top 100 employers for women' list or "Latina Magazine", so for the next couple of years, only 14% of promotions will be available to white men". That's when i quit my cushy job at a Fortune 20 company. And if, by chance, you were female AND a minority - you got promoted on the spot! I swear, if you were a black or latina woman who just dropped in to use the vending machines in the companies lobby, and you could string two sentences together, you were made a VP in 2014. Totally effing ridiculous. And you wonder why big companies like GE are FALLING APART.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Obama is panicking. Hillary is panicking. It is going well. Trump must be smiling from ear to ear.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-28-2018 07:36 PM)The Father Wrote:  

337 views. ZERO replies. On the biggest political news story in months. [Image: wtf.jpg]

Then wouldn't this belong in the politics section?

:edit: upon further reading I see you have noticed that fact. In other news, I too am enjoying the shit show because of this.

Supreme Court Vacancy

There's a lot of Internet chatter about Amy Coney Barrett being Trump's nominee. The liberals hate her so she must be ok? Haha. She's only 46 years old, devout Catholic, married, with SEVEN kids!

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-30-2018 12:32 PM)Long Haired Samson Wrote:  

There's a lot of Internet chatter about Amy Coney Barrett being Trump's nominee. The liberals hate her so she must be ok? Haha. She's only 46 years old, devout Catholic, married, with SEVEN kids!

My only concern with her is how deeply cucked the Catholic Church is on immigration.

Oh, and shes a woman.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-30-2018 01:08 PM)Enoch Wrote:  

My only concern with her is how deeply cucked the Catholic Church is on immigration.

Oh, and shes a woman.

That may be true of the American Catholic Church as an organization but Amy Barrett and her husband, from what I have read online, takes their Catholic faith very seriously. I'm impressed that a woman as professionally accomplished as she is made time to have seven children. Her husband is a federal prosecutor. i guess we'll see how this plays out. Apparently, Trump has narrowed his list to five people, two of which are women.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-27-2018 10:06 PM)The Father Wrote:  

Big implications for the Supreme Court resulting from Anthony Kennedy's retirement. Kennedy leaned right on commercial issues, but left on social issues. The implications for abortion rights, gay rights, and affirmative action are huge.

I, for one, am overjoyed. I don't care to see abortion over-turned. And I could care less if faggots want to marry (I just don't want it rubbed in my face 24-7).

But affirmative action? That's huge to me. 40 years of companies and schools advantaging EVERYBODY over white males is likely to come to an end. THANK FUCKING GOD! You want to stop discrimination on the basis of sex and race? THEN STOP DISCRIMINATING BASED ON SEX AND RACE!

Good timing, Asians have a well constructed case suing Harvard for their blatant admissions discrimination right now. If they win, we get a beachhead for a fairer society.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Oh, and shes a woman.

I am concerned about the latter, too...Sandra Day O'Connor was supposed to be conservative, too! Women are UNPREDICTABLE. That's why they used to name hurricanes after women, until women's groups insisted they name them after men, too. You never know which way a hurricane is going to blow or how intense it will be.

There are already THREE broads on the Supreme Court, and that's at least two too many. I see no need to add another one, no need at all. What, have we run out of judges who own a penis??

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-30-2018 11:41 PM)The Father Wrote:  

Oh, and shes a woman.

I am concerned about the latter, too...Sandra Day O'Connor was supposed to be conservative, too! Women are UNPREDICTABLE. That's why they used to name hurricanes after women, until women's groups insisted they name them after men, too. You never know which way a hurricane is going to blow or how intense it will be.

There are already THREE broads on the Supreme Court, and that's at least two too many. I see no need to add another one, no need at all. What, have we run out of judges who own a penis??

As a legendary womanizer Trump certainly knows this deep down and I think will ultimately appoint a man not just for this seat but any retiring female justice as well.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Remains to be seen how conservative trump will be. I hope he appoints another Gorsuch or Alito but I don’t expect it because Trump was fairly liberal prior to politics. And appointing a Catholic might really energizes the base of the left, even if she is a woman

The threat to abortion rights is more than academic, because route versus Wade is based on a foundation of the non-viability of the fetus. Science has advanced a heckuva lot in 45 years and it would not take overturning Roe to say that a fetus is viable at six weeks, and it’s totally permissible for a state to make it murder after six weeks. It would just take judicial notice of the advancement of science. I’m not up on the science but Roe does not say the State is without power to protect the life of a fetus.

Affirmative action and diversity, which are code for institutionalized discrimination against men, especially white men, are ripe for reversal

Special rights for the Everybody-But-Straight crowd are less likely to be rolled back although no less repugnant

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (07-01-2018 10:42 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Remains to be seen how conservative trump will be. I hope he appoints another Gorsuch or Alito but I don’t expect it because Trump was fairly liberal prior to politics.

I agree, he has no conviction. However, i do strongly believe he will appoint a rock-ribbed conservative, male or female. And that's because it's in his political interest to do so. For all his faults, Trump has great political instincts. He frequently reminds people that it was HIS idea, not his political advisers, to release a list of 20 potential Supreme Court appointees while he was running. And that rallied many conservatives to his side, when they otherwise had misgivings. I think he realizes he can both boost turnout in 2018 and shore up his base for 2020 with a Gorsuch or Alito-like pick. So that's what we'll get. Thank god!

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (06-30-2018 07:22 PM)Long Haired Samson Wrote:  

Oh, and shes a woman.

That may be true of the American Catholic Church as an organization but Amy Barrett and her husband, from what I have read online, takes their Catholic faith very seriously. I'm impressed that a woman as professionally accomplished as she is made time to have seven children. Her husband is a federal prosecutor. i guess we'll see how this plays out. Apparently, Trump has narrowed his list to five people, two of which are women.

As long as she has children, a woman is ok. Not as OK as a man but ok.

Neither Kagan or Sotomayor have kids. They are obvious lesbians, lesbians LOVE going into law and LOVE becoming judges because most cases involve men defendants and as a judge, they can wallow in their male-destroying fantasies with big daddy government backing them up.

Being a judge and condemning men to prison is every lesbian's masturbation fantasy.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (07-01-2018 01:58 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

Neither Kagan or Sotomayor have kids. They are obvious lesbians, lesbians LOVE going into law and LOVE becoming judges because most cases involve men defendants and as a judge, they can wallow in their male-destroying fantasies with big daddy government backing them up.

Being a judge and condemning men to prison is every lesbian's masturbation fantasy.

Agree. Kagan looks like a fat little jewish boy. Look at pictures of Harvey Weinstein as a 13 yr old; i doubt you could tell him apart from Kagan today. She's an obvious dyke, the sort that Hillary supports LUV LUV LUV (Janet Reno, Donna Shalala, etc). Sotomayor also looks a bit dykey, but it's not as clear as with Kagan. And she's loopey. Who self-annoits themselves a "wise Latina"?? She has all the dignity of my latina cleaning ladies. She should NOT be on the highest court in the land!

Enough muff mashers, enough freaks. Solid, thoughtful judges are needed. Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch, etc. Give me 2-3 more like this and the court will be set. It's not out of the question. Trump should come through on the kennedy pick. Clarence Thomas, who is 70 and has been on the court a long time, is likely to go while Trump can appoint a replacement. Ginsburg looks like she's ready to croak at any moment! God-willing, we'll soon have an impregnable court for the next 30+ years, defending us from the liberals insanity.

They talk about the "thin blue line" (the police) as the only thing that protects us from mayhem. Well, the only thing protecting our freedoms today is a thin male line of normal-thinking judges.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (07-01-2018 12:22 PM)The Father Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2018 10:42 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Remains to be seen how conservative trump will be. I hope he appoints another Gorsuch or Alito but I don’t expect it because Trump was fairly liberal prior to politics.

I agree, he has no conviction. However, i do strongly believe he will appoint a rock-ribbed conservative, male or female. And that's because it's in his political interest to do so. For all his faults, Trump has great political instincts.

Political science is not really a science, and I don't know if we can say that its in his political interest to nominate a conservative. The right is going to vote for him anyway. Its the middle that is up for grabs and putting abortion in play mobilizes the left and may sway the middle to the left.

If I can take a moment to indulge in some conspiracy theory speculation. Trump was heralded for his plan to drain the swamp. That hasn't happened, and he's implemented the neocon playbook. So despite his rhetoric, its hard to say he's not establishment. He has very much increased the right/left dialectic, such that the beginning stages of a civil war are imiment. Curiously, he has not arrested the NGO that was aiding and abetting illegal immigration, or Maxine Waters or other public figures who have incited others to violence. This to me suggests that the escalation of the civil war is the effect desired by the elites. If you assume that this is part of an elite plan, then yes he will appoint a Catholic to further fan the flames.

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (07-01-2018 01:58 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

Quote: (06-30-2018 07:22 PM)Long Haired Samson Wrote:  

Oh, and shes a woman.

Sotomayor is of Jewish/Marrano background.

Quote:Quote:

Jewish groups don't endorse US Supreme Court nominees, at least in writing. The tears and choked sobs when Sonia Sotomayor accepted President Obama's nomination on Tuesday told another story. Packed into the room along with Sotomayor's family, friends and colleagues were representatives of Jewish groups that have consulted with the White House about prospective replacements for David Souter.

...Sotomayor, 54, is a poster child for strong Jewish-Hispanic relations. In 1986, when she was in private legal practice, she joined one of the first young leadership tours of Israel sponsored by Project Interchange, which is affiliated with the American Jewish Committee. Sotomayor so enjoyed the country - its immigrant culture, its popular music influenced heavily by Jewish immigrants from Argentina and Brazil - that she made a return visit in 1996 when she was a federal judge, and recently joined a Project Interchange US-Israel forum on immigration. In the process, she formed a lifelong friendship with Project Interchange founder Debbie Berger and her husband, Paul, who attended her swearing-in as a Manhattan appeals court judge in 1998. "She enjoyed Israel not just from an intellectual perspective, she liked the music and the people," Paul Berger told JTA. Richard Foltin, the legislative director for the AJC, said her background naturally played a role in how the Jewish community would welcome her.

... Nancy Ratzan, the National Council of Jewish Women president, the organization would dedicate itself to ensuring that Sotomayor receives a fair hearing. "Our 90,000 followers will be focused on making sure it's a fair and prompt process that focuses on her record," she said.

https://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewis...ewish-ties

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Supreme Court Vacancy

What is your point about Sotomayer? Does she have less than a 100% favorable rating from the Communist Party? Kagan and Ginsburg too for that matter?

Supreme Court Vacancy

My point was that she's a token Catholic.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Supreme Court Vacancy

Quote: (07-02-2018 05:21 PM)911 Wrote:  

My point was that she's a token Catholic.

2 of her kids are adopted Haitians.

Pass.