rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kindle 4?

Kindle 4?

Wait for it?
Or get the discounted Kindle 3 now?

Kindle 4?

Wait. Big announcement coming on Wednesday: http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/23/amazon-...-incoming/

Kindle 4?

Almost bought a Kindle not to long ago, glad I waited

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Kindle 4?

announced today:

"Amazon unveiled a Kindle Touch with a touchscreen for $99, and a 3G version for $149.

The company will also sell a version of the original Kindle for $79. It's available starting today. The Kindle Touch will launch in November.

Fire is indeed the name of the device, and it will sell for $199, far less expensive than the iPad, which starts at $499.

It will reportedly feature a 7-inch display and Wi-Fi support, as well as a free, 30-day trial of Amazon Prime, the company's service for free shipping and streaming video."

Kindle 4?

And from the horse's mouth:

We are excited to announce four new products: the all-new Kindle for only $79, two new touch Kindles – Kindle Touch and Kindle Touch 3G – for $99 and $149, and a new class of Kindle – Kindle Fire – a beautiful full color Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games, web browsing and more, for only $199.

Kindle 4?

[Image: KO-slate-main-lg._V166806822_.jpg]

Doesn't look bad for $199, but the only thing I liked about the e-book readers was the e-ink technology that is supposed to be easy on the eyes. I don't see why I'd want a tablet over a notebook except for some light internet browsing at the café or something.

What do you guys use your e-pads for besides reading and maybe some light browsing?

Kindle 4?

Dayumnnnnnn, I just got my kindle 3 like 2 months ago.

Kindle 4?

I want color touch screen, wifi and free 3G. Ain't happening this time around. I'll wait.

Team Nachos

Kindle 4?

Annoying that it's not available until late November. Am excited about it; I've just started using Instapaper http://www.instapaper.com - to save articles that people send me or that I stumble on while working. Syncs automatically so you have all the articles with you wherever you go.

E-ink is a must for longer text.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Kindle 4?

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:08 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I want color touch screen, wifi and free 3G. Ain't happening this time around. I'll wait.

Just get a tablet.

Kindle 4?

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:20 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (09-28-2011 11:08 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Just get a tablet.

Yeah I know. I'm on the verge of buying one. I like the free 3G concept. Only kindle offers that right now.

Iphone 5 is around the corner too. Supposed to have a larger screen. Probably make a good e-book reader as well.

We argue this shit at work all day long. LOL

Team Nachos

Kindle 4?

I got the basic kindle..
It's perfect if you travel a lot and cannot carry a lot of books.
Accepts PDF's now too. And you can now borrow kindle books for a lot of libraries. Another plus if you're overseas without access to english language books.

For a tablet i'd rather have an ipad. For reading, kindle's e-ink is easier on your eyes.

That was my criteria...

Kindle 4?

^ ceo, so does the basic kindle ($80 on amazon) read pdf's - if for example I buy a lonely planet pdf instead of a paperback, can I read it comfortably in the kindle? (not all their titles have 'kindle' format)

Kindle 4?

i ordered it yesterday.. hasnt arrived yet.

but i understand that yes the new one takes the PDF...

before it did as well, but you had to convert them

Kindle 4?

Converting is ok. Thanks for info [Image: smile.gif]

Kindle 4?

As soon as I saw the Kindle Fire I got so stoked, too bad its US only so us Canadians will have to wait a while for it. Also watch out for the cheaper versions of the kindle as they 're only that cheap because there are advertisements when you're not reading.

Anyone with a kindle care to give a review of it? How fast do the pages turn, I'm a fast reader and the other ones I've seen (Kobo) are annoyingly slow. Also in general how much do you find yourself using it as opposed to reading physical books or just going on the internet.

Kindle 4?

Kindle Fire is nice but I guarantee it will reduce your reading since you'll want to do other things with it like surf the internet or play games. I like my Kindle 3 because it's basically useless besides reading. I can't procrastinate.

Kindle 4?

I agree. I just bought a kindle to read my course notes/books on. For $100 I'm loving it. I can get many of the books I need for free. So far the only problem for me will be reading too much, I guess its better than lurking the internet all day. It fits in your pocket so I'd imagine it'd be helpful during day gaming so you look like you have a reason to be there other than gaming girls.

Kindle 4?

I was planning to get the new kindle 79 dollar version with ads. Can anyone tell me how annoying these ads are? It seems it would be possible to jailbreak and get rid of these ads.

Kindle 4?

I bought a pandigital planet table.
Slightly slower processor but 10 percent bigger screen.
its no all shiny and whatnot like kindles. but it runs android and has wifi.
I couldnt do a nook or kindle cause I liked both services and and wanted a little more than just a ebook reader.
Plus i found a new one for 100 on ebay

I am the cock carousel

Kindle 4?

Quote: (11-06-2011 10:20 AM)intense Wrote:  

I was planning to get the new kindle 79 dollar version with ads. Can anyone tell me how annoying these ads are? It seems it would be possible to jailbreak and get rid of these ads.

I have one with ads. It's not intrusive at all. Basically it's on the cover screen before you press the power button, and at the bottom of the main menu. Nothing at all during the actual book text. Unless they changed it for the $79 one. I got mine for like $115 back in June.

Kindle 4?

Which Amazon executive's daughter do I have to nail in order to get Fire and 3 wi-fi to Europe!?

Definite buy next time I'm in the US. Sadly it seems that's far into the future. Anyone know if they are available in Singapore?

Kindle 4?

See if you can share an Amazon Prime account with someone you trust. I have my own Amazon account, but my parents' account has Amazon Prime, and I get free shipping through them even though I have a separate address. And now Amazon has introduced free ebook lending for Prime accounts.

Kindle 4?

I was wondering whether to get the one with advertising or without it? How intrusive is it likely to be, and will being rid of it justify the extra $40 dollars or so?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Kindle 4?

I just got my Kindle 3 a couple months ago too....planned obsolescence annoys the shit out of me. Anyways, it's not that expensive, and then again, Roosh has a really good point.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling