rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TanTan - anyone use it?

TanTan - anyone use it?

So after being recommended tantan by a friend and after getting only 1 match in Tbilisi, Georgia in a week, I decided to give it a go.

I ended up getting 30 matches or so and quite a few conversations. I didn't get any numbers (girls seem SUPER conservative which surprised me given how I read an article on ROK saying they were now more liberal and westernised) so I decided to try and get them to follow me on IG. I sent about 20 copy/paste messages with my IG name.

Does Tantan penalise you for mass messaging? Just cuz none of them responded and no new girls added me on IG? Did it flag me up on the system?

TanTan - anyone use it?

I have used Tantan a bit in Europe, and deleted it. Got a few dates and zero fucks. Waste of time for me.

Problems: half my matches are from Chinese tourists who are already back in China when we match. Some girls don’t speak English. Most girls are ugly (and I like Asians). Apparently Chinese girls think it’s fair to show fake pics on their profile. Most pics are heavily photoshopped or irrelevant. Girls are conservative (the more adventurous are on Tinder). It’s easy to match but very difficult to start a conversation, let alone get a date. And when you get a date you can meet a very conservative girl who gets traumatized when you touch her.

The good point is that you can get Gold membership for 10 bucks a year, but even that may be too expensive.

TanTan - anyone use it?

If you want to talk with a Tantan girl, the best thing is to move to Wechat. They give their Wechat ID relatively liberally, and they all use Wechat a lot. Many non-Chinese apps may be blocked on their phone.

But I’ve found the best way to strike a Chinese girl is to superlike a 6 or a 7 on Tinder.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Yeah I have 0 interest in Chinese girls and would never go to China except for business reasons.
I actually bought gold membership and it seems the app works like tinder. And in Georgia is seems way more popular than tinder. It just seems like I've been flagged or something and was wondering if any other users had noticed this happening

TanTan - anyone use it?

Ok then maybe it’s a cultural thing in Georgia. In Europe 90% of users are Chinese.

Also, Tantan had an issue with privacy. Not sure if it’s solved now.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/artic...urity-flaw

TanTan - anyone use it?

The thing about TanTan (探探) is that it's a Chinese app. Most of it's user base is Chinese people, things get a little strange.

Everyone knows what Tinder is for, but using TanTan isn't exactly the same. The result is that there are some girls who will go on dates with you but don't want to hook up because they're really inexperienced, claim to just want a foreign friend, practice English, or want commitment before doing anything.

I've even run into one who was looking for a husband and admitted that it was her parents forcing her to be more proactive in her search because she was 23 (after 25 they become "leftover women")

On the plus side you will get very very many matches just for not being Chinese

The app will also warn you for using suggestive language until eventually banning your device because they don't want to be exactly Tinder.

You can still get lucky on TanTan, but really, I recommend every person get out of the house and into the field, online dating will always suck

TanTan - anyone use it?

Was on there and got 1,000+ matches... yet none who spoke decent English

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (06-08-2018 06:47 PM)Akwesi Wrote:  

I used it in the US and got 3 matches. The best one was a slightly chubby chinese girl... but she absolutely refused to even meet me for coffee.

I think the usefulness of this app is highly dependant on location.

TanTan - anyone use it?

I use tantan in China and it can be very effective if you craft your profile and photos properly. I use a lot of gym photos so I attract girls who are looking for something physical as opposed to meeting their future husband.

Tantan can be troublesome, though, if your Chinese isn't on point. Mine sucks but I do think I shortcut that somewhat by being in good shape.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (06-08-2018 07:56 AM)ShuaiGe Wrote:  

The app will also warn you for using suggestive language until eventually banning your device because they don't want to be exactly Tinder.

So how else are they going to find out about my eight inches? [Image: banana.gif]

Moving on, what's the best way to tailor a profile to tantan? I'm in decent shape, I'm tall, I can communicate fully in Chinese. I'm a superwhite guy in the most Chinese part of Melbourne.

The issues are;
I live a frugal and simple lifestyle (so no lambo pics yet)
I'm past 25, but have no interest in marriage yet.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

TanTan - anyone use it?

I remade my tantan recently and I have like 38 matches after 2 months, so I can't really give wide appeal advice. I'm sure there are some things I could do to improve it but I don't really do much online dating these days.

I mean, if you're super white, I'd put up photos demonstrating how white you are, ha. I know Suits dyes his hair blonde so that he has even greater access to girls on okcupid and such.

I'm not really sure how to tailor a white guy's photos but I imagine you can be pretty honest about your looks. I know bald, short, fat white dudes who have girls coming straight over for bangs off tantan. They just have travel photos.

You can go with pretty unapologetic fitness photos. I'm really not someone who can give much advice on tantan because my match % is very low but made my profile just to seek out girls who are into fitness and have traveled to the West.

I do my best to screen out girls who don't speak much English and stuff like that. If I do match with girls who don't speak English I assume they're a hot lead and try to plow for a day-1.

If you are white and can communicate fluently in Chinese I'd probably mention that in your tantan profile.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (06-09-2018 01:18 AM)EndsExpect Wrote:  

I used it in the US and got 3 matches. The best one was a slightly chubby chinese girl... but she absolutely refused to even meet me for coffee.

Yeah, I got those matches by GPS-spoofing. In my actual location I'm sure I would get zero.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (06-09-2018 01:18 AM)EndsExpect Wrote:  

I also noticed it varies from location to location.
Pipelining across Europe there are a few locals using it that seem to be mostly weaboo types. After talking to them they are interested in or have been to Asia. 50/50 with being talked to first. Quality is similar to Tinder.

Asian girls refuse to speak English for very long.

Again outside of Asia, the majority of the girls on tantan are Asian in large English speaking cities and in large numbers.

Quote: (06-04-2018 09:17 PM)StrikeBack Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Most ironically, many foreign students at the ANU would be interested in a course focussed on the history of western civilisation. Pity it will not be taught at the ANU.

This is in fact very true especially for Asian students. Asians have the tradition going back from a couple hundred years ago that when they traveled to Western countries for university, they would specifically want to learn about western civilisation and ideas. That should be obvious really, but it's a shame these universities are now run by people who hate their own culture and history...

In my first year at university, quite a while ago, there was a subject called "History of Western Ideas and Civilisations". It was hugely popular with Asian internationals.

TanTan - anyone use it?

I've had some success on here (tons of matches and a decent amount of bangs and dates-- these chicks love white men), but many girls are skittish. Some prospects will come over fresh direct, but just make sure not to scare the cat and go too direct.

TanTan - anyone use it?

I tried in NYC and had no luck at all.

I'm in Asia now, so maybe it is better - but if you can't speak or write Chinese (like me, especially at that time), it's probably down hill.

TanTan - anyone use it?

They must have ran out of Falun Gong to harvest.

[Image: 8hvfZ.jpeg]

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (06-09-2018 01:55 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

I use a lot of gym photos so I attract girls who are looking for something physical as opposed to meeting their future husband.

Tantan can be troublesome, though, if your Chinese isn't on point. Mine sucks but I do think I shortcut that somewhat by being in good shape.

Despite literally living in China, I don't use Tantan for the same reasons that Fortis does. I don't have a gym body.

Instead, I primarily us OKCupid. 95% of the girls on OKC in Beijing have decent English skills and a lot of them really like guys like me.

I use intellectualism to my advantage, as these girls tend to be well educated and prefer a guy who can talk with confidence about a range of topics.

My bang ratio for the girls I meet off of OKCupid is 50%.

Although some people can't handle it, I'm the King of Beijing.

I'm the King of Beijing!

TanTan - anyone use it?

Tantan is really popular in Manila, but hardly any Chinese girls - all Filipinas. A lot of lady boys, so it's basically like Tinder albeit I matched with more chicks on Tantan than I did Tinder.

I am trying it in Taipei now, will give feed back on it in a week or 2.

TanTan - anyone use it?

I am trying this in Hong Kong , damn over 40 likes in 2 days just putting up 1 casual photo which I don't think is my best looking photo, yes only 1 photo.
I got over 20 matches in just 2 days, 80% are hot chinese girls, sounds too good to be true,
texted all of them, very responsive, some message me first ....later I found 95% are fake profile or scammer.
I read some news that there are this syndicate group, probably chinese group, operating on dating app to target male victims.
so guys, be safe and cautious with TanTan, especially with hot good looking girls there. I also found some are on Tinder too.
I was wondering if this happens elsewhere?

TanTan - anyone use it?

I agree Tantan is garbage in HK, way too many scammers trying get guys into investment scams. Waste of time to try to screen through all of them if you don’t speak Chinese. Yes they are on Tinder too, but easier to screen out there.

TanTan - anyone use it?

I've been living in Georgia for months and I have never heard of anyone using TanTan here. I even just made an account right now to check and only 5 women showed up within 3 kilometers (when on Tinder I would have 40 or so women to swipe on?).

So either believe the original poster (why doesn't his account display a flag?) or believe the guy (me) who actually lives in Georgia. TanTan isn't used here and I doubt it's used much outside of Asia. It might be interesting to run it beside Tinder in Asia but that would be it.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (08-23-2018 08:57 PM)garrmartino Wrote:  

Not sure how does this work. Because I didn't try this one yet.

It seems to be a Tinder clone so you just activate it with a phone number, add a photo or two and then swipe left / swipe right.

Thing as at least for my location I don't see that many women on it. No idea how many guys are on it. Maybe what OP meant is guys haven't flooded the app like Tinder but I would be skeptical.

Also it sounds like a lot of guys on this thread are just using TanTan to chat with girls. You can technically do that on Badoo a lot easier.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (08-23-2018 06:14 PM)ChasInSin Wrote:  

I agree Tantan is garbage in HK, way too many scammers trying get guys into investment scams. Waste of time to try to screen through all of them if you don’t speak Chinese. Yes they are on Tinder too, but easier to screen out there.

This is sad, actually I do find a couple of real girl profile but they are completely outrun by tons of scammer profile, after a few chats I found a similar pattern of the photos and chatting style of the scammers and manage to avoid them somehow, but still drain my time to get through all the scammers.

TanTan - anyone use it?

Over clingy girls, girls that insist on calling you on wechat all the time to ask and see inappropriate things. You'll get like 100 matches a day or more probably so the probability of some of them being a little cooky is pretty high.Drill bits make sure you chat lots before you go and meet otherwise you'll spend a lot of time meeting people you might not have any interest in. Also beware of how heavily girls photoshop their pics haha

TanTan - anyone use it?

Quote: (07-16-2018 07:16 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Tantan is really popular in Manila, but hardly any Chinese girls - all Filipinas. A lot of lady boys, so it's basically like Tinder albeit I matched with more chicks on Tantan than I did Tinder.

I am trying it in Taipei now, will give feed back on it in a week or 2.

I had good results with Tinder in Taipei, both local girls (but I can speak conversational Chinese) and expats.

For TanTan, I've gotten tons of matches in about 5-6 cities in mainland China as well as in areas of the US with large Chinese populations (NYC, Seattle) but only got 2 meetups, both scammers in Kunming--beware when you meet up with a girl and she wants to go to a wine bar or coffee shop where they show you to a private room on the second floor of the building, it's a scam where she will keep ordering more and more shit and you end up with an enormous bill. The girl and the place are in on it together. Fell for it once, had another girl try it the next day and as soon as we got to the upstairs room I said I had to use the bathroom and bounced.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!