rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online marketing for begginers?

I know there are threads made for making money online but not much info because the user is in a hurry to make money and people start providing random links. Well, i'm not in a hurry of making income because i have 2 more years in school and one more for army. That adds up to a lot of free time.

I have seen "the warrior" forums for online marketing but the info there is simply in collosal amounts and it's hard for me to find an edge to get started. I would like to learn the basics and then start generating passive income and hopefully keep getting better till i finish University.

The problem now is that i'm lost in all that information all over the internet.

Best beginner's course that's free (may be the best of them all) is the challenge.co (I can't make links so http://www.challenge.co) course. It's updated yearly and gives you all the basics and challenges you to make your first dollar. If you can make one dollar, you can make more.

I did it 4 years ago and have been living an independent lifestyle ever since. Gave me the freedom I was looking for.

Give it a shot.

+1. I've been LI for 4 years and met a ton of who got their start here.

Quote: (09-25-2011 04:36 AM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

Best beginner's course that's free (may be the best of them all) is the challenge.co (I can't make links so http://www.challenge.co) course. It's updated yearly and gives you all the basics and challenges you to make your first dollar. If you can make one dollar, you can make more.

I did it 4 years ago and have been living an independent lifestyle ever since. Gave me the freedom I was looking for.

Give it a shot.

Is there a specific niche you're trying to get into? "Online marketing" is rather vague.

Quote: (09-25-2011 07:20 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Is there a specific niche you're trying to get into? "Online marketing" is rather vague.

What Roosh said. I know you said there was too much info on the warrior forum but that will be the best place to spend your time. I think you need to weed through the info and decide what you would like to do.

Traffic and conversions is the key to making money online. Lots of ways to get traffic and testing will help you in conversions.

There is simply too many BS distractions on newbie forums like Warrior Forum. Too many amateurs selling 9 dollar ebooks to other amateurs. While there are golden nuggets hidden, it's simply a waste of energy. I admit I got stuck reading forums and blogs before realizing you only learn by doing the work (involves lots of failing). However just FYI, out of all the forums http://www.wickedfire.com has the largest number of successful marketers with a lot less sugar coated self help bs there, but think of it more as a place to socialize.

If you are impatient, have balls, and a few thousand to burn, the quicker way to make money is to go straight to paid traffic. Then I recommend someone like Gauher Chaudry http://www.payperclickformula.com/ I know him personally and I can verify he's managed to make the big bucks over and over again, which is a rare thing in the Internet Marketing world. Lots of people get lucky, but can't do it twice.

I took the Challenge.co course in 2007. After working my ass off for 3-4 months, I struck gold with Nintendo Wii. I got my sites ranked highly with what Challenge.co taught me and with what I learned simply from trial and error (no one is going to teach you their big money secret they accidentally stumbled across). Amazon and eBay then proceeded to pay me BIG bucks as my sites exploded in November and December. Since then, I've done Pay Per Click on big search engines, and a whole ton of pop up traffic (PPV is the buzz word).

You have to want it bad. Just like Roosh's little brother instinctively won't approach random cute strangers, we have an innate desire not to fail. This game requires failing on a daily basis. You don't know how many times I thought I hit jackpot only with an 'idea' only to test it out and find it worthless. This is why Internet Marketing a BRUTAL game.

Having said that, Internet Marketing is simply one of the best businesses in the world. With such low capital invested per attempt, it's like starting a million businesses where you have incredible data on how it's going so you know when you have a dud (compare to a brick and mortar biz). After trying a ton of niches, I finally made 150K+ on the Nintendo Wii frenzy as broke college graduate living off my parents (I quit a lucrative corporate career 4 months in) and later managed to make another chunk of change in paid traffic.

It's worth the pain because there is no other business where once you hit jackpot, it almost feels like money is growing from a tree because all you have to do then is maintain it. However, it never lasts forever, so if you want to make millions and grow it to a large company, then you need to continue to work your ass off.

My advice is to simply stick to the challenge.co course, and make your first dollar. You've now got a basic internet marketing education which you can then decide where to branch off next. It doesn't matter what you end up ultimately doing because having basic IM skills can take any endeavor to the next level.

And no, I don't have a product to sell you. Just can't stand to see people suffer in cubicles.

Quote: (09-25-2011 03:13 PM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

There is simply too many BS distractions on newbie forums like Warrior Forum. Too many amateurs selling 9 dollar ebooks to other amateurs. While there are golden nuggets hidden, it's simply a waste of energy. I admit I got stuck reading forums and blogs before realizing you only learn by doing the work (involves lots of failing). However just FYI, out of all the forums http://www.wickedfire.com has the largest number of successful marketers with a lot less sugar coated self help bs there, but think of it more as a place to socialize.

If you are impatient, have balls, and a few thousand to burn, the quicker way to make money is to go straight to paid traffic. Then I recommend someone like Gauher Chaudry http://www.payperclickformula.com/ I know him personally and I can verify he's managed to make the big bucks over and over again, which is a rare thing in the Internet Marketing world. Lots of people get lucky, but can't do it twice.

I took the Challenge.co course in 2007. After working my ass off for 3-4 months, I struck gold with Nintendo Wii. I got my sites ranked highly with what Challenge.co taught me and with what I learned simply from trial and error (no one is going to teach you their big money secret they accidentally stumbled across). Amazon and eBay then proceeded to pay me BIG bucks as my sites exploded in November and December. Since then, I've done Pay Per Click on big search engines, and a whole ton of pop up traffic (PPV is the buzz word).

You have to want it bad. Just like Roosh's little brother instinctively won't approach random cute strangers, we have an innate desire not to fail. This game requires failing on a daily basis. You don't know how many times I thought I hit jackpot only with an 'idea' only to test it out and find it worthless. This is why Internet Marketing a BRUTAL game.

Having said that, Internet Marketing is simply one of the best businesses in the world. With such low capital invested per attempt, it's like starting a million businesses where you have incredible data on how it's going so you know when you have a dud (compare to a brick and mortar biz). After trying a ton of niches, I finally made 150K+ on the Nintendo Wii frenzy as broke college graduate living off my parents (I quit a lucrative corporate career 4 months in) and later managed to make another chunk of change in paid traffic.

It's worth the pain because there is no other business where once you hit jackpot, it almost feels like money is growing from a tree because all you have to do then is maintain it. However, it never lasts forever, so if you want to make millions and grow it to a large company, then you need to continue to work your ass off.

My advice is to simply stick to the challenge.co course, and make your first dollar. You've now got a basic internet marketing education which you can then decide where to branch off next. It doesn't matter what you end up ultimately doing because having basic IM skills can take any endeavor to the next level.

And no, I don't have a product to sell you. Just can't stand to see people suffer in cubicles.

Yo man good info. I just wanna ask a couple of questions. The challenge.co said that some people made millions from the challenge. Did they had some background experience or they were just a bit lucky? Also, is it possible to sell your site for millions and then start another one and succeed? Just curious.

Experienced players don't really focus on courses like challenge.co. While luck is a factor, it really is a game of hard work and persistence. The bottom line is, you don't need ANY experience to start. However, you need to be or get good at Marketing. I ain't talking about reading some marketing book. Some people just can't think in terms of how other people think or can't sell people. Let's just say most of my friends take the course and go back to what they were doing. A few push on. No one tells me it was a bad experience. How bad do you want freedom and success?

It's a hustler's game for the most part. Most people go for short term niches or strategies like focusing on affiliate marketing and a lot of smaller websites everywhere. If you want to sell a single site for millions, you'd want to focus on building out a single niche. I wouldn't do that until you've done some experimenting and practicing first. The course will get you started on that.

The small percentage of people who have what it takes make a decent living (thousands a month). Only a tiny percentage are making millions. These people either created a really great useful website that now has tons of visitors or are scamming people left and right (automated spamming techniques or sleazy free trial offers).

Quote: (09-25-2011 03:13 PM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

It sounds like you are an affiliate marketer. That is a lot of work and will always be a lot of work if you are doing it like the guys on Wickedfire do it. Great website as well...

Personally, I don't want to have to bust my ass all the time trying to find successful campaigns to replenish the ones that eventually dry up. They do eventually dry up the way you are doing it.

I would prefer building my own products where I can get others, like you, to send traffic. I like letting others to spend money trying to get traffic cheap enough while I just make sure it converts nicely. I can make more money by selling them other stuff once they are on my list while the affiliates continue to burn through money starting new campaigns trying to find a profitable one.

Warriorforum is a gold mine, so in that I would disagree. You don't need to be buying anything from that site.

Then again, you have to have some patience to learn this stuff and most don't.

Yup, affiliate marketer. Lost a bunch of money doing it silicon valley style in India. Now transitioning to my own product/coaching.

Nothing wrong with Warrior Forum, but I just see too many beginners spend all their time there sampling everything. You have to actually go deep in one strategy, so better stick with a good to great program.

Anyway, here's a break down of paths you can take in "Online Marketing":

Rooshv Style - aka sharing the journey - Just like Rooshv did, he started off just sharing his interests and experiences in a subject he was passionate about. In the process, you become the expert and then are able to up-sell your citizens to books (i.e. Bang and Day Bang), consultations, and much more. You can short cut this process if you already are an expert at something valuable.

Time Frame - 6 months to 5 years, highly dependent on the niche and your ability, but it ain't fast compared to the other methods. Experts with some internet marketing knowledge can do it real fast, but the a good product takes time to create no matter what.

Pros - Can do it lone wolf style, hard to knock you down as you are the brand, stable over long term as you as you keep it up

Cons - Welcome to the spotlight, you're like an internet celebrity and are subject to the dangers any celebrity faces

Strategy - Find a passion, start a blog, UPDATE UPDATE and UPDATE. You will slowly build an audience and then once you know you have something good going, give your people what the premium services they want (upsell). Take a basic marketing course to understand keyword research to really up your game (challenge.co).

Websites - Rooshv.com, Shoemoney.com, CopyBlogger.com, MaxKeiser.com, any niche has a famous blogger/expert

Affiliate Hustle - aka internet salesperson in pajamas - I was over 25K in the hole from college stuck in my parent's rehab center with no expertise whatsoever. Once I fought off my parent's clever 'get a job' attacks and found a online strategy that was currently working, I was able to make my corporate career's yearly salary in 1 month (4 months into it) selling other people's stuff.

Time Frame - 1 month to 2 years - I've seen kids do 100K in their first month (lucky) to the real hardy people stick it out for 2 years part time to finally hit it big

Pros - You get real good at marketing since that is your only leverage, no inventory, no employees (up to you), travel, it sometimes feels like passive income (more like decaying income), incredibly low start up costs (you can make it big with $0, i did it)

Cons - Nothing lasts forever, easily copied by others, end up with nothing solid in the long term other than your knowledge of marketing, a lot of trial and error

Strategies - Broken down into 2 types: Marketer and Techie

- Marketer - Takes basic course like challenge.co or payperclickformula.com, fails a shit load, finally hits gold with one attempt, does NOT get lured into laziness and greed (save your F'ing money), fails a shit load again, hits gold twice, finally pat yourself on the back

- Techie - Takes basic course like challenge.co or payperclickformula.com, fails a few times, get sucked into blackhatworld.com, uses other people's tools to make a few bucks, gets banned and in trouble a bit, programs an original tool, learn con man tactics to avoid getting caught, spam the internet, profit and hide

Websites - WickedFire.com, AffiliateSummit.com, PPC.bz (its the gossip comedy hub of affiliate marketing, but look at the blogroll for legit blogs of people who are actually making big money)

Silicon Valley Style - aka go big or go home - I tried to do this in India. Created the e-commerce site for the biggest computer company there. Biz partner didn't have a deal after all. Get shut down, and have your biz partner steal the rest of your capital. Or... pull it off like Sergey Brin and Larry Page, nobody to somebody overnight, Google style.

Time Frame - 1 year to 10 years - If you get to 10 years and are still at it, you have balls or are really good at fleecing investors

Pros - absolutely massive payout thanks to big corporate monies, celebrity status, possibly to worry about making money later!

Cons - Most fail badly (can you get your ass off the ground after investing so much?), sometimes needs a large amount of capital to grow before finding profit, dealing with vulture investors, dealing with partners and employees, lots of top of your game technical expertise needed

Strategy - Become a super programming nerd or find one like Steve Jobs did, build something really cool and useful, get popular, borrow monies without getting screwed, grow even bigger, sell for millions or conquer the world

Websites - PaulGraham.com (sold his company for 400 mil, founder of YCombinator helping others start their own), Sivers.org and branch out from there.

The three above are in my personal opinion the three basic paths of internet stardom. Of course, each path branches out with infinite possibility, but that's for later. It's baby steps from now. Get your feet wet by reading other people's inspiring stories, try a few things, and then make a commitment yourself to see a strategy to completion. Great artists deliver.

My 2 cents.

Quote: (09-26-2011 06:42 AM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

Yup, affiliate marketer. Lost a bunch of money doing it silicon valley style in India. Now transitioning to my own product/coaching.

Awesome, I think you will make a ton more money with your own products.

Quote:Quote:

Nothing wrong with Warrior Forum, but I just see too many beginners spend all their time there sampling everything. You have to actually go deep in one strategy, so better stick with a good to great program.

Absolutely agree. I would just use Warriorforum as a way to understand the different concepts and then choose one to stick with. Don't even think about purchasing anything there at first. Most of the products there are crap now. Back in the old days there was a ton of great stuff to purchase. Not so much anymore.

You are right, selling online is one of the best ways to make coin for a location independent lifestyle.

Quote:Quote:

Affiliate Hustle - aka internet salesperson in pajamas - I was over 25K in the hole from college stuck in my parent's rehab center with no expertise whatsoever. Once I fought off my parent's clever 'get a job' attacks and found a online strategy that was currently working, I was able to make my corporate career's yearly salary in 1 month (4 months into it) selling other people's stuff.

Time Frame - 1 month to 2 years - I've seen kids do 100K in their first month (lucky) to the real hardy people stick it out for 2 years part time to finally hit it big

Pros - You get real good at marketing since that is your only leverage, no inventory, no employees (up to you), travel, it sometimes feels like passive income (more like decaying income), incredibly low start up costs (you can make it big with $0, i did it)

Cons - Nothing lasts forever, easily copied by others, end up with nothing solid in the long term other than your knowledge of marketing, a lot of trial and error

Strategies - Broken down into 2 types: Marketer and Techie

- Marketer - Takes basic course like challenge.co or payperclickformula.com, fails a shit load, finally hits gold with one attempt, does NOT get lured into laziness and greed (save your F'ing money), fails a shit load again, hits gold twice, finally pat yourself on the back

- Techie - Takes basic course like challenge.co or payperclickformula.com, fails a few times, get sucked into blackhatworld.com, uses other people's tools to make a few bucks, gets banned and in trouble a bit, programs an original tool, learn con man tactics to avoid getting caught, spam the internet, profit and hide

Websites - WickedFire.com, AffiliateSummit.com, PPC.bz (its the gossip comedy hub of affiliate marketing, but look at the blogroll for legit blogs of people who are actually making big money)

That is the one i want, lol. [Image: angel.gif]
One more thing. If you were 17, and you have the mindset you have now, how would you start it?

Good question. If I started at 17, I'd be rich! Google Adwords would have just come out and the bubble was just forming... ok enough of that day dreaming.

This is what I would do today assuming I am 17 and broke...

1. Take the Challenge.co course. Do it completely and fully.

2. Make $1

3. Make $2

4. By this time I have tried a few niches. Most likely I am juggling my top three niches with no clue whether this shit is gonna work out, but these are the three I like the most based on what I know so far.

5. Make $5... HUSTLE HUSTLE. I am creating new content like a mad man. I am creating 10s and 10s of mini websites pointing to my flagship site.

6. Make $20

7. I'm getting restless. It's cool making $20 here and there, but that ain't gonna get my ass free. I have no other choice because there isn't another choice. Do or die.

8. Make $100

9. One my niches presents a funny day where I make $100 in a day. Hmmm. Maybe this is the golden niche. I focus 80 percent of my energy on this niche and expand on the keywords that is working (because I learned how to track where my profits are coming from)

10. Make $100 a DAY

11. Drop the other niches and focus just on my golden niche. I go all out bonkers taking the entire damn territory over. I take each competitor in the Google rankings down one by one. I learn more about my niches. I write my articles. I create more websites pointing to my flagship. I now become an expert at the niche just because I spent so much damn time on it.

12. 2K a DAY

13. Celebrate a DAY

14. Back to work. I FOUND A GOLDEN NUGGET. I worked my ass off to find this golden nugget. I HAVE to milk for all its worth because you don't know when they next golden nugget will come.

15. Niche is completely saturated. Competitors appear from everywhere. How the hell are they finding out? I didn't tell anyone. My strategy loses effectiveness.

16. Still got my flagship website and it's giving me stability. It's become quite mature and seems to be growing steadily when I keep watering it.

17. Take a break.

18. Get back to the hustle. $200K ain't gonna enough if you want to pull like G Manifesto.

---

Within Affiliate Marketing, you have tons of places to advertise your website. I recommend sticking to free venues at first like gaming Google's rankings, but later on, you will want to up your game. Hang out at Wickedfire.com and attend Affiliate Summit. Try to party and meet with other young affiliates and talk to them while they are drunk. We all have big egos and love to brag especially under the influence.

Quote: (09-26-2011 11:04 AM)swecmzkor Wrote:  

Good question. If I started at 17, I'd be rich! Google Adwords would have just come out and the bubble was just forming... ok enough of that day dreaming.

This is what I would do today assuming I am 17 and broke...

1. Take the Challenge.co course. Do it completely and fully.

2. Make $1

3. Make $2

4. By this time I have tried a few niches. Most likely I am juggling my top three niches with no clue whether this shit is gonna work out, but these are the three I like the most based on what I know so far.

5. Make $5... HUSTLE HUSTLE. I am creating new content like a mad man. I am creating 10s and 10s of mini websites pointing to my flagship site.

6. Make $20

7. I'm getting restless. It's cool making $20 here and there, but that ain't gonna get my ass free. I have no other choice because there isn't another choice. Do or die.

8. Make $100

9. One my niches presents a funny day where I make $100 in a day. Hmmm. Maybe this is the golden niche. I focus 80 percent of my energy on this niche and expand on the keywords that is working (because I learned how to track where my profits are coming from)

10. Make $100 a DAY

11. Drop the other niches and focus just on my golden niche. I go all out bonkers taking the entire damn territory over. I take each competitor in the Google rankings down one by one. I learn more about my niches. I write my articles. I create more websites pointing to my flagship. I now become an expert at the niche just because I spent so much damn time on it.

12. 2K a DAY

13. Celebrate a DAY

14. Back to work. I FOUND A GOLDEN NUGGET. I worked my ass off to find this golden nugget. I HAVE to milk for all its worth because you don't know when they next golden nugget will come.

15. Niche is completely saturated. Competitors appear from everywhere. How the hell are they finding out? I didn't tell anyone. My strategy loses effectiveness.

16. Still got my flagship website and it's giving me stability. It's become quite mature and seems to be growing steadily when I keep watering it.

17. Take a break.

18. Get back to the hustle. $200K ain't gonna enough if you want to pull like G Manifesto.

---

Within Affiliate Marketing, you have tons of places to advertise your website. I recommend sticking to free venues at first like gaming Google's rankings, but later on, you will want to up your game. Hang out at Wickedfire.com and attend Affiliate Summit. Try to party and meet with other young affiliates and talk to them while they are drunk. We all have big egos and love to brag especially under the influence.

And hustle, hustle a lot more [Image: bounce.gif] hahaha I put this word on my cellphone background so i keep reminding myself of hardwork. The more you post the more i wanna ask. But for now i will take the challenge and see what happens.

swecmzkor, this is some good info. I'm gonna look into it.

For a total newbie to the game, the 30 day challenge ran by Ed Dale is worth its weight in gold. The warrior forum is a bit of a challenge, it's easy to get suckered into the buying frenzie of cheap ebooks. I've been there and been unfortunately a victim to it, wasting hundreds if not a couple of G's on buying useless crappy ebooks. Refrain at all costs. The only thing worth to pay for on the Warrior forum is the War Room which is a total gold mine. The rest of the free section, it takes a bit of dugging and you can find some true gold nuggets. But key is to focus on one method and just go deep into it and refrain with all your might the temptation to go for the next best greatest offer there. Focus on one and don't deviate from it until you've mstered it and made a few Ks with it before adventuring into something new while still maintaining your existing stream/source.

Affiliate marketing is the best way to start for someone with no connections, no expertise on any field, no or lack of capital, no experience. Stick to it, be self motivated, want it extremely badly, find a mentor who will coach you, guide you and hopefully take you under his wing and be focused and persistent.

Another tip I can give to both aspiring internet marketers and pros alike is make it your goal to learn 3 new skills each year and to master one of them every 12 months. The most crucial skills in the internet marketing, regardless of what you sell/promote, whether it be your products/services or those of other people's are in no particular order: SEO, PPC and above all, COPY WRITING. There are a bunch of other secondary skills IMO such as web site building, learning and manipulating Wordpress, graphic designing, but those can be cheaply outsourced. Learn the meat and potatoes of the game, namely SEO, PPC and above all, Copy writing and you'll be your own ruler.

Some suggestions on the above topic: While each of these fields are a lifelone process to really master them, some good starting points to get at least the basic and from there, learn by earning that is by putting into practice all the theories:

PPC: anything by Perry Marshall and or Gauer Chaudry, the 2 godfathers of PPC.

Copy Writing: Read anything you can by Dan Kennedy, Joe Vitale, Yannick Silver to start off. While I'm reading on the other topics, copy writing is THE topic I'm focusing all my free time to learn and eventually get real good at it within the next few months. As the pros say, the better you are at copy writing, the more money you'll make.

SEO: Get a good solid intro book on it, tons to choose from, just hit amazon.com and you'll get a feel for it, get a couple of those intro books. While SEO is important, IMO, it's not as vital as PPC and above all, copy writing. Copy Writing single handedly is the most important skill to learn and to eventually master in the game on your road to achieving total financial and above all, time freedom. I personally wouldn't invest too much time into mastering SEO, that's something better outsourced to pros. But do learn at least the basics.

I'd also suggest to learn about Facebook PPC but also branching out to other lesser known pay per click platforms as the Big G can be as moody as a girl in that part of the month if you know what I mean. LOL Hence, the importance of not depending entirely on Google but also branching out into Bing, Yahoo. For FB, learn to harnass the power of fan pages...

Last but not least, product selection is a crucial if not vital aspect of your success or lack of there of. Choose a product that is so good that you yourself will not only love it but will buy it for your own personal usage. Your product must solve a real life problem/need that they cannot get anywhere else but through you. Oh and the profits should be big enough to allow you to not only be more adventurous in your advertising campaigns but also that with only a handful of sales, you can make a solid income. I personally don't even bother with anything that makes less than 500 per sale. So there goes out the window 100% of clickbank and CPA offers. I prefer and have been focusing exclusively on high end/high ticket items/memberships where each sale pays me at the very least 500 and preferably $1k per sale. With such a product, 1K days are common as each sale is 1k and 2k days are not uncommon either. Best day to date has been $3k in a day a couple of times and that makes you feel like being on cloud 9. [Image: banana.gif]

Another tip I want to pass onto the guys just getting into the game is something that I learned the hard way: it takes the same resources (time and money) to promote and sell (advertising wise) a crappy 20 bucks ebook or some cheap CPA offer than it does a 3k exclusive membership. I'm speaking from first hand experience here guys so pay very close attention to that tip. So if all things being equal, would you rather spend your limited resources (money and above all time) in promoting something that pays you $20-$50 or god forbid .50 cents (LOL) per sale or something that makes you $500/$1,000 per sale? Some guys are doing good with promoting smaller mrging/cheaper products but you'd require a massive amount of traffic (and thus, a massive advertising budget to drive that traffic) to reach decent levels of $. One of the most important questions you should ask yourself at the product selection stage is "how many of that item will I need to sell to make at least 3k-5k? With a smaller margin item (ie: ebook or CPAs) you'd require a shit load of sales to reach that amount; with a high end product, you'd need only 3-5 sales. Also, as mentioned numerous times by the big dogs (Tim Ferris in particular), when you sell higher end products/services, you deal with a higher quality of people, you'll have less overhead and less headaches, less stupid/ignorant and cheapos to deal with and thus, your risks of refund request will be significantly lower. I could write an entire book on that topic alone but I'll just say that with higher end items, ironically not only it's about the same difficulty if not less to sell them than cheaper items but the type of people you deal with is of a different calibre. No cheapo/penny pincher, tire kickers to waste time on. So bottom line: choose your product carefully!

For me, by far copy writing is the most important skill to learn and eventually master to make a killing online/offline. I'm even considering enrolling into the AWAI course. Anyone of you has taken that course and if yes, was it helpful?

Now a question to all those who are currently running a successful online biz, what is the # 1 skill to learn in the game that allowed you to reach your high level of success?

VP, excellent post and I agree with you in that something that makes you a lot of money per sale is more beneficial.

How do you find these products where you get such a high affiliate fee(500-1,000 dollars per sale)? I have one website where I can make around 80 bucks per referral of 500 bucks(20 percent cut) which should be starting up very soon(got our first client in the pipeline and I'm getting 50 percent of that share because the deal I have ensures he pays me 50 percent referral until I reach 50 percent of my annual seo costs for the services I use).

The guy I'm giving referrals to also has to write content for that website so all I have to do is a couple hours of SEO a week(in exchange for the fairly low commission rate). It seems like a fair deal for both of us but I know its not going to scale up at all and is just going to be something which at best gives me a 300-400 bucks a month. I never really expected much from the site so its fine for me since its just been a pretty good learning experience.

I also have another website related to recipes which is rapidly climbing up Google rankings, unfortunately the only things I can sell on it in terms of products is cooking ware or recipe books which are both low key small offers. So no go on that one in terms of real money making potential.

If I'm not mistaken you get a 33 percent commission? Any suggestions as to where to find these kind of offers?

I've been learning SEO over the past few months and I've gotten the basic hang of it. What are your thoughts on media buying? I've been considering getting into once I have some cash to experiment with. From what I've heard with really sharp demographic and product research you can have a much higher profit margin than CPC. I was wondering if there is any truth to that.

Thanks for explaining the importance of copywriting and that is something I'll have to figure out and learn about soon. I know my current sales page(if you could call it that) is really shitty and will result in low conversions so that's going to be my weekend project.

Wise words, VP

Great thread!

Iam getting into this also, I really want to do damage in the travel cruise niche.

I'll add my two cents here, as someone who has done fairly well for about 6 years online.

Rather than reading all this crazy stuff and getting really confused, study people who have been successful very closely. You need to understand why they are successful, or why they were successful and how they fucked it all up. Also understand there is a big difference between a "guru" who is successful because he sold some guide on how to be successful, and a real entrepreneur who is running an internet business.

Once you are able to figure out who is successful and why, then get down and study the details. You'll be much more guided in what you are doing. Its a lot like picking up girls. As a virgin would you start with a 3 day seminar some guy dressed like a gay clown is giving, or by just very closely watch some random dude who is really good with woman? One of those paths will send you in the wrong direction for years, the other you'll figure out pretty quick what you need to do. Exact same shit happens with this online stuff.

If you don't figure out what you need to know first, you won't even be able to separate the useless garbage from the real gold. Then, at the end of the day, when you've read all of the quality step-by-step how to do things guides, you'll need to figure shit out for yourself. There is plenty of good, free, information out there but as long as your following exactly what someone else says you will be struggling to make money.

Let me save you some time and give you a summery of the kind of things people on those money making forums do: lie and spam. Not a very good way to make money.

Quote: (09-29-2011 12:48 PM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

Rather than reading all this crazy stuff and getting really confused, study people who have been successful very closely. You need to understand why they are successful, or why they were successful and how they fucked it all up. Also understand there is a big difference between a "guru" who is successful because he sold some guide on how to be successful, and a real entrepreneur who is running an internet business.

^As someone who just started making money online, this was especially true for me.^

I have several friends in the internet marketing game (that do it for a living) and making $$$. So I knew it was doable.

What discouraged me initially though was browsing through forums and articles and confused on where at all to start. Complicated terms, complicated theories, all the fluff without and real direction on how to get make money...

What I realized was the internet marketing forums is no different than seduction forums.

Guys think they need XYZ before they ever can get better; they're exposed to complicated terms, complicated theories, and fluff without any real direction on how to get girls...they lose sight of why they got into this in the first place!

When I stripped away what I was told to believe, what I "had" to do...that's when my progress towards getting it done was happening.

I work full-time as a fashion Buyer for a upscale national retailer. So it was easy for me to make a product and sell it. And people that bought the book know me through the blog. So I guess this is the Roosh route.

Getting back to babelfish669 point I quoted, it was only when I saw my friends in my niche making money, that I knew I could be doing the same. Instead of reading 8279423409 materials, without any real direction, I followed my friends and what they did.

Focus on making money and you will. Any other focus (as a beginner) and direction is lost.

Look, this is a skill like anything else. You have to put time into learning what works and what doesn't. If you think you will start making money without doing any research then good luck.

I started learning at the warriorforum and it worked out very, very well for me. I also have been in the game for about 5 years. If you think you will get rich overnight then stop now and get a job.

You will need a basis of education before you start making money. Just like everything else. No matter what you do you will need to get traffic and convert that traffic. In all honesty, if you get really good at conversions you won't need to worry about getting traffic. Other people will send traffic for a cut of the sales.

Good luck if you think you don't have to go through the same learning curve as the rest of us.

Does anyone make a liveable income off of one authority website?

I've had a Site Build It website for about 5 years and I turn a profit every month with a mix of Adsense and affiliate marketing. It's only about $50 a month, but it's completely passive income.

What a helpful thread, definitely doing the 30 day challenge.

After spending literally the entire year trying to find a product to market/sell, I finally met a dude at this house party who put me onto this new videoconferencing product that by marketing and gaining affiliates gives me four ways different ways to make money. Cant wait!

delete