rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Grifter and Wannabe NYC Socialite: The Anna Delvey Story

Very interesting read about a girl that scammed her way around NYC. As shitty as what she did is, I still love reading about these stories where people (Kevin Mitnick/Frank Abagnale jr) with brass fucking balls are able to abuse the system to live it up.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/how-anna-...-york.html

Quote:Quote:

As it turned out, Anna’s hotel bills were merely the first loose threads in a web of fraudulent activity, one that began to unravel in November 2016, after she submitted documents claiming a net worth of €60 million in Swiss accounts to City National Bank in pursuit of a $22 million dollar loan. The following month, she submitted the same documents to Fortress in an attempt to secure a $25 million to $35 million loan. After that bank asked her for $100,000 to perform due diligence, she convinced a representative at City National to extend her a $100,000 line of credit, which she then wired to Fortress. Then, apparently spooked by Fortress’s decision to send representatives to Switzerland to personally check her assets, she withdrew herself from the process halfway through, wiring the remaining $55,000 to a Citibank account that she used for “personal expenses … shopping at Forward by Elyse Walker, Apple, and Net-a-Porter,” according to the New York District Attorney’s office. Then, in April, she deposited $160,000 worth of bad checks into the same account, managing to withdraw $70,000 before they were returned, which is how she managed to pay off 11 Howard and, ostensibly, buy Neff’s T-shirt and the domain names of the managers of the hotel. (“They called me down to the office. They said, ‘Neff, did you know about this?’ And I started dying laughing. I thought it was a boss move.”) In May, Anna convinced the company Blade to charter her a $35,000 jet to Omaha by sending them a forged receipt for a wire transfer from Deutsche Bank.

Would bang and borrow stolen money from.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Another oddity.
All that 'money' she was borrowing, loaning & transferring. Mere 1' & 0's derived from a computer somewhere.

Ana Delvey is in jail. Elizabeth Holmes is not in jail.

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Fascinating story. Grifters are natural gamers who take it way out of bounds.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

A gold digging Russian? Color me surprised.

Also I’m surprised how no one noticed her “commoner” features, she’s doesn’t have the phenotypes of Germany royalty and she needs a lip job, badly.

Kept reading the story as it was simply fascinating. As much as I despise her way, real recognize real. She knows how to play the game.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

This sounds like the story of '80s-era con man David Hampton, who told New York society types that he was the son of actor Sidney Poitier and got to hobnob with them and stay in their summer homes.

I think he robbed some of these folks too. Whatever the case, his "life of lies" made for a great story. So great, in fact, that playwright John Guare fictionalized an account for his 1990 play "Six Degrees Of Separation," which was later made into a movie.

I saw that movie as a kid -- first time seeing gay stuff on screen -- I think it was Will Smith's bare ass, hah. I was like huh?

But it was brief.

The take-away for younger me was almost game-like in how swiftly and slickly he hustled people based on familiarity, assuming the sale, and the fact that people really are all connected by a few degrees.

Quote: (05-30-2018 10:22 AM)Buck Wild Wrote:  

Ana Delvey is in jail. Elizabeth Holmes is not in jail.

Anna Delvey did it the same that Holmes did it.

Quote:Quote:

During the course of my reporting, people kept asking: Why this girl? She wasn’t superhot, they pointed out, or super-charming; she wasn’t even very nice. How did she manage to convince an enormous amount of cool, successful people that she was something she clearly was not? Watching the Rikers guard shove Fast Company into a manila envelope, I realized what Anna had in common with the people she’d been studying in the pages of that magazine: She saw something others didn’t. Anna looked at the soul of New York and recognized that if you distract people with shiny objects, with large wads of cash, with the indicia of wealth, if you show them the money, they will be virtually unable to see anything else. And the thing was: It was so easy.

She simply copied how some really rich people behaved - self-confident, brash, taking things for granted, some are absent-minded of the super-rich, it's enough to show a few insignia of that wealth and many people will believe it. If she had been more pretty, then she could have ridden this through for 10 years and gotten away with it by paying it off with a few Dubai trips.

Being a 6 at best she had to ride it on the pampered girl status and that meant juggling scams to pay off other scams.

Holmes from Theranos also copied something that the media and VC world are looking for - she modeled herself after Steve Jobs, she pretended to be the female Steve Jobs, she artificially lowered her voice to appear memorable, she spent certainly weeks and months in front of the mirror to appear as convincing as possible. Essentially she copied the best traits of some self-made billionaires - but similarly to the other scammer - it was just the shell without the substance.

Anna copied rich heiresses - Holmes copied more talented real businessmen who had real products.

Impressive for a girl but hackers these days are stealing millions, getting away with it and it's considered ordinary. There were countless times during last summer guys were scamming hundreds of thousands of dollars in crypto and these guys weren't even hackers, they just phished people.

With regards to Holmes it's hard for me to say she is on the Russian girl's level. I'm fairly certain Holmes had several people backing her and many more in on it, I doubt she did it alone like Madoff did.

WB but not lend money to.

Quote: (05-30-2018 06:39 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

[Image: 27-anna-delvey-4a.nocrop.w512.h2147483647.jpg]

Only realistic pic out of the lot.

Looks like they decided her sentence. Four years with chance of parole of max of 12 years. Tbh, I was smiling at how elaborate she went through all this. I almost feel like she should get away with it, if only because people should be punished for being stupid rather than punishing those taking advantage of them. And last I checked, a Hollywood female heist was recently released in films with this similar of a scenario.

https://www.businessinsider.com/anna-del...son-2019-5

I know some people in their manic phase will ball out like this and max out their credit cards while lying through their teeth left and right. But this is on a different level

Delete.

Simeon: in Russia she'd be a 3, at best. Interesting case of feminine sociopath motivations and behaviors.

Quote: (05-30-2018 06:46 PM)Simeon_Strangelight Wrote:  

Quote: (05-30-2018 06:39 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

[Image: 27-anna-delvey-4a.nocrop.w512.h2147483647.jpg]

Only realistic pic out of the lot.

She looks frumpy and older than 28 without make-up. With make-up, she's bangable. As someone pointed out, she has odd lips. They're thin and villainous. Funny story though.

I noticed quickly her higher than usual cheek bones. As the story unraveled, I thought to myself definately slavic, probably Polish. A young western girl from the anglosphere would never have the mental capacity to pull something like that off. Turns out she is Russian. Makes sense.

I'd say she had just enough good looks to be somewhat pleasant to be around, but not hot enough to be striking and definitely not stunning. I think if she was better looking she would not have been able to pull off what she did.

Why? Because she would have brought too much attention to herself from bloggers, gossip tags, and the like. With the particular kind of con she was running (old world money to back up her projects) they would have blown up her spot. She was pretty enough to get an audience, but ugly enough to fly under the radar.

Also she conned big from the beginning and did so effortlessly. Totally bought into her own delusion which makes it hard to tell if someone is faking it.

One of the few times I read the story before the RVF broke it to me.

Excellent story.

G