rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ideal age for a man on dating apps

Of course this is subjective, but having turned 30 and not being interested in girls my age or older I think I should change my age to younger (this can only be done once on Facebook - which my main dating app Tinder is linked to).

Which age man would fall into the age range of the majority of girls under 27? If I put myself as 24 - I might match more 19 y/o girls but some 24 year olds might have their age range 26 and upwards.

I should also mention that I look my age (plus or minus a year) so I don't think I can pull off much younger than 27, although with the younger girls not as experienced this may not be much of a stumbling block.

I think you're just fine. Most girls 18-25 will have a "below 35 rule". The standard rule for most people is half your age +7 is the minimum you should date (fuck that, but whatever). So, if you're 30, you can be considered "normal" if you date a 22 year old. I doubt you're going to have a problem with a 19 year old girl who's worth dating.

Let's say you're at or over 35. What's the ideal age to not price yourself out of most opportunities? At 36 and looking a 6-8 years younger am debating 29 to be the best if you can pull it off.

The trick about dating apps is portraying yourself as the kind of guy that younger women would want through your pics. I think that age becomes somewhat less relevant at that point. The issue isn't being old, it is coming off as old which translates in the eyes of most young women as "boring", reminding them of their dad.

I doubt a Ryan Gosling type of guy would have much issues on dating apps because of the kind of vibe he gives off. Now I know everyone will argue that Ryan Gosling is among top 1% of men when it comes to looks and I get that but I think a fit and decent looking guy who gives off that cool image will not have to worry much about age.

Girls first see your pics and everything else comes second, this includes age and bio.

If you take relevant pics that are strong for dating apps then age should not matter that much.

For Bumble and Tinder, you definitely want to give off either the Chad-jock type of vibe or a preppy popular prettyboy vibe. Have pics of you with friends, at fancy parties and if you are in shape then show off those muscles and looks with a well done professional photo.

So much of the issue with age is that older guys act all proper and formal, these girls are not looking for a husband or a friend for their dad, they are looking for a ONS. You have to almost get the lingo of the app and work from there.

If you're looking at 18-24 demo, absolutely put yourself 25-27. It might be manosphere heresy to say this, but plenty of girls do not want the social stigma of dating a man 10 years older.

Quote: (05-29-2018 04:52 PM)Broadband Wrote:  

Let's say you're at or over 35. What's the ideal age to not price yourself out of most opportunities? At 36 and looking a 6-8 years younger am debating 29 to be the best if you can pull it off.

At at 36, you can date anything over 21 without offending polite society. I started dating a 22 year old at age 41 and got a lot of good natured shit about it, but mostly acceptance. Now I'm 45 and she's 26 and we're married and no one says a damn thing except to high five me..

Quote: (05-29-2018 04:58 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

The trick about dating apps is portraying yourself as the kind of guy that younger women would want through your pics. I think that age becomes somewhat less relevant at that point. The issue isn't being old, it is coming off as old which translates in the eyes of most young women as "boring", reminding them of their dad.

So much of the issue with age is that older guys act all proper and formal, these girls are not looking for a husband or a friend for their dad, they are looking for a ONS. You have to almost get the lingo of the app and work from there.

I think this is one of my biggest issues when it comes to online game (and nightgame), but I'm in my 20's. I'm sure there are threads somewhere on the forum about this but it's not something I've seen specifically discussed often.

Old enough to be her dad

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Just based on some limited Tinder experience, number of matches I got:

Over 30: slim pickings for anyone younger than 29
Over 35: crickets even for wall hitters

Set it to 25 and I got at least 10 and that's not bad for this tiny shithole.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

The best ideal age is = depends on your target.

But if you want an age to fit in the most of the spectrum. I believe would be 25.

But ultimately I think the best age is how you look in your pictures.

Quote: (05-29-2018 05:11 PM)Graft Wrote:  

If you're looking at 18-24 demo, absolutely put yourself 25-27. It might be manosphere heresy to say this, but plenty of girls do not want the social stigma of dating a man 10 years older.

This. In the West at least. Its entirely possible to date a 21 year old as a 31 year old if you meet them in person and game them well. But for Tinder or similar lots of girls in that age bracket just have their limit set to 21-29 year old men. Theres no way of gaming around being excluded by an algorithm.

Just make sure you set your fake age to something believable. If you're 35 you'll be able to get away with 28 if you're in good shape, have a full head of hair and dress well. You won't be able to get away with 24 no matter what, though.

Set yourself as 27 and keep it there until you are in your mid 30s.

27 is a sweet spot where there are no restrictions on 18 year old girls, but 29 year olds won't mind either.

Quote: (05-30-2018 04:59 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Set yourself as 27 and keep it there until you are in your mid 30s.

27 is a sweet spot where there are no restrictions on 18 year old girls, but 29 year olds won't mind either.

I'm 27 and yeah it's the best year ever because mature enough for older girls and youthful enough for younger girls. I have been disqualified by 18-19s though for age.

also yes, depends on target demographic.

I experimented with a 35 year old aged tinder and it was basically same experience for me but slightly skewed towards older girls. Younger girls also seem more overtly slutty in pics. Older girls are too but they don't wear as slutty outfits / bikini pics etc.

All about how you take care of yourself and you can get younger girls.

But if you are talking about tinder, you will have to lower your age otherwise their search criteria will miss you out.

Quote: (05-29-2018 05:38 PM)Lance Blastoff Wrote:  

Quote: (05-29-2018 04:52 PM)Broadband Wrote:  

At at 36, you can date anything over 21 without offending polite society. I started dating a 22 year old at age 41 and got a lot of good natured shit about it, but mostly acceptance. Now I'm 45 and she's 26 and we're married and no one says a damn thing except to high five me..

I'm curious about the same thing. Yes, being 36 is fine with most 21 year olds (I had an 18 year old recently tell me she had to have daddy issues to go out with me since I was double her age), but on dating apps a 21 year old won't even see your profile if you put 36 or 41. It has nothing to do with women, it's the app.

So what is the right age to game this for a 36 year old? I could see 29 as a good age to put down, but will your profile show up for most 21 year olds?

I would say late 20's is the most you want to set the age at.

29-31 if age limits what they see. Otherwise 35-39.

This is really a poor way to think about things.

Don't compare yourself to other men. Compare yourself to other versions of yourself. Are you improving 1% each day? Are you in the arena, taking chances, making things happen? Are you stepping up to the plate? Are you analyzing your mistakes, and trying different things.

What if it were true that men 3 years younger than you do better? What would you do with that information? Use it an excuse?

I know guys who are overweight, in their 40s, thinning hair, etc who are getting laid regularly. Stop making excuses.

No we are talking about online --- this is for tinder and dating apps search function.

Has nothing to do with mentality.

It just means you will get missed by the girls if you set your age too high. Playing the odds.

Of course if you are meeting girls in RL then age less of a factor.

What Donny Gately said.

I see no reason to tell any white lies about my age. Perhaps my experiences are just the exception to the rule, but ageing (talking strictly the number value here) hasn't had any perceivable effect running counter to the kind of prospect pool i've always generally attracted and preferred (20-25). In fact, i'd have to say it's been more of the opposite, as the quality has also gradually increased even as I enter my mid 30's. Some of that could be credited to experience, while picking good pictures and being told by others that I physically look 25-27 as having a still unknown role in my graceful ageing.

Although there are certainly people out there who do get hung on the number figure, I can't recall anybody rebuffing me for this reason or making me think that it played a role in losing out on the ones I chose to pursue. As always, YMMV.

I think just go for your own age, it's usually set at 18-24 by default so just stay with that if you really have to

As others have mentioned, on apps/online dating it's not about what age girls are willing to date up to, or find attractive, it's about getting your profile/"card" actually shown to younger girls in the first place, showing up in their search results or etc.

Each app is of course different, or versions of the app may even be different (iphone vs android, tinder, for example).

For tinder, 18/19 year old girl will have her default age range set automatically at 18-27, I believe, and it's pretty likely she may not change it. So if you're older....as long as you can REALISTICALLY pull it off, I suppose 27 is ideal on tinder. If 27 is not realistic, it may be useful to set your age at 27 and then either hide your age (paid version), or put your real age in your bio (free version).

I'm not sure if your profile might be shown to more younger girls if you put your age less than 27, but it's possible.

For other apps you could figure it out pretty easily if you really wanted to by signing up for a new female account at your lowest target age, and see what the default age range is set to.

It's kind of a catch 22, though...as if you set your age to 27, a 20 year old may not question it.....but it's pretty likely a 24/25/26/27 year old will, when she meets you.

18-22yo girls seem to set the limit to 25 or 27 max.

Quote: (05-29-2018 04:58 PM)a beer is enough Wrote:  

I doubt a Ryan Gosling type of guy would have much issues on dating apps because of the kind of vibe he gives off. Now I know everyone will argue that Ryan Gosling is among top 1% of men when it comes to looks and I get that but I think a fit and decent looking guy who gives off that cool image will not have to worry much about age.

Ryan Gosling got his start in film because the director wanted someone who wasn't good looking.

He got pretty fit, though, so that helps if the guy is shirtless, and he's rich and famous, so now he can have any girl he wants, but if you're just going by his face, he's not a good looking guy. He's not winning any modeling contracts if he's not famous.

Perceptions change once you become famous, and I would think only women would be affected by it, but apparently not. Think of Shia LaBeouf also, I've heard girls say he's so hot. Those same girls wouldn't give the small, not-traditionally-handsome-looking fellow the time of day if he wasn't rich and famous.

I'm not hating, I have a ton of respect for both of them in regards to their achievements, they're clearly tremendous men, but neither is anywhere close to the top 1% in male looks. Nowhere near.

The cool thing is it gives hope to guys that aren't traditionally handsome. Hey, someday people might consider you to be in the "top 1% in looks," even though you may have been born towards the middle of the pack as far as facial aesthetics are concerned.