rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yerevan, Armenia - Datasheet May 2018 - Don’t bang

***I'm 6' 3" black from east coast US with beginner-intermediate game

Country
It is what conservatives in US wish America was. This is a true christian nation. There are churches everywhere, an nationalism and love for their fellow man, a strict self adherence to celibacy until marriage, self enforced modesty where I didn’t see one girl wearing short shorts or a short skirt the whole time I was there, dislike or disgust of the gays (I don’t know the extent), and early marriage with kids everywhere. This is a family oriented culture here in Armenia. There are not many other tourists... If you go to some of the landmarks you will see bussed full of 70+ from some European country but for the most part this is a country of Armenians.

For me this is good and bad. This is good for Armenia. In this way there culture has not degenerated like some many others in the west. They have a look, they have a feel, and they have a history that every one of them knows and is proud of. For me, it is not as good because there are no hoes. One of the things that I attempt whenever I visit a new country is to sleep with the local girls. It is just part of traveling for me. Try the new food, see some sights, and hit some day and night game. I think that it would be possible but the game has to be tight. Every girl here has been a project and many have boyfriends already. I am also coming off of my celibacy during the semester and and now reintegrating myself into what good game is. It reminds me of if you found a girl in America who didn’t go to church but still followed the rules and knew the Bible verses (most slightly zealous christian girls in America). Sure, they’d fuck but you’d have to had a very high level of value.

For the blacks
They also do not have many black tourists. This is apparent from the stares. Everywhere I went, there were eyes on me. This is a weird, uncomfortable thing. I keep saying this and I will say it again, in America if you look at someone like the way that the guys were looking at me, expressionless unblinking stares, you have a problem with them and you might fight. If a girl looks at you like the girls looked at me in this country, you are taking their arms and leading them to a hotel or alley asap. But neither of these things are reality. The girls don’t want to fuck and the guys don’t want to fight; they have just never or rarely ever seen a black man (and a good looking one I might add).

General advice
Don’t use the taxis unless you are with a local. They will fuck your ass with crazy prices especially if you look like you are from America. Download 2 apps, Yandex taxi which is the uber of this part of the world, and GG Taxi, which is the uber service that Armenians prefer. Yandex is cheaper but use both and decide which you prefer. I wasn’t able to add my credit card to the yonder app so I ended up using GG for everything.

The cellular internet here is absolute trash. My suggestion is to make sure your phone is unlocked and get an Armenian sim at the airport when you arrive.

the girls
Every girl under the age of 30 speaks relatively good English which is amazing and convenient. 80-90% of men, no matter the age, don’t, which is annoying when it comes to asking for directions.

The local girls are mostly short with large noses, not unattractively large, just bigger (like most armenians). They are very slightly tan or white and don't generally work out. There were some dimes but most of the time if you see a girl that hot, she is russian. They are very much like cats in that you have to approach them softly and gain their trust before they will let you pet them e.g. by doing indirect game. They don't usually show much skin though their clothes are as tight as any in the west. Yoga pants were nowhere to be seen. They seem overall very nieve. Many and possibly most of them are still virgins and I found it very common to see an attractive young girl wheeling around a couple kids.

My end recommendation as far as females go is just to stick to the countries west of here, eastern europe, turkey, etc. This is a cool place to experience culture and history but it is not for meeting women. They all feel like marriage projects. I’m confident that if I were here for 2 months I’d start closing. If you are coming for just one or two weeks, do it for the sights and history.

Game
Daygame here was rough. The only chance you have at anytime of closing was doing indirect which actually worked quite well. The girls were 95% of the time extremely willing to help me find a coffee shop or whatever I asked them about. I usually switched to asking about bars and slowly asking about them. Direct game lead to startled girls who, although they had smiled seductively at you 2 seconds prior, scooted away fast. I don't know all the street names, so forgive this, but the following are ideal places for meeting people:

pushkin st. - the main shopping street and the most modern area of the city.
the cascade complex- soviet era construction of a beautiful set of stairs, the top of which you can see the whole city and mount Ararat.
Republic square - this place lights up at night and is quite pretty. There are a ton of people here every night if you want to run street game at nigh and this is the center part of the city so many people pass through
saryan street - this is the street of wineries and hookah places. many girls and guys sitting in groups of 2-8 getting a glass of wine.

Nightgame was better in the I definitely think that it is possible to pull. I tried three places mainly (see below).

Bars and clubs
Pahest 33 was an underground bar/club that was externally surprisingly lit on Tuesday and Wednesday. I couldn’t get anywhere with the Armenian girls there for the same reasons as before but if you are used to a mountain of continuous ongoing shit tests, you may survive till the end. You have a better chance with the few foreign Russian or Eastern European girls that are around in their low numbers. This place plays electronic music melded in with some >2010 pop hits.

Calumet this name means peace or some shit and they try to give off that vibe with interesting decor and by playing literally random music from around the world. You’ll here an electronic hit followed by a slow Indian song followed by a traditional Armenian music. This place has a much more open vibe and you have the greatest chance of success here as all of the patrons are “open-minded” in their words. I found this to mostly be the case though still hard for me. I got on a roll a couple times though so definitely try it out.

Paparazzithis place is lit. Fuckin lit. This is a club on the 4th floor of some building. Dark. Loud music. If you have any kind of dance floor game or club game, go here. It is open till 4 am so even when calumet and palest close up, slide over here for some gutter game.

There are some crazy hot Armenian girls but you’ll notice that the hottest girls here are Russian. If she above an 8 or tall and cute, she is likely a Russian.

Tourist shit
I definitely recommend exploring other parts of the country and seeing some of the historical churches and sights. They really have some beautiful nature around lake seven and elsewhere in the country.

That being said, literally every human here will try to sell you a tour. People yo consider friends, bartenders, girls you meet, people from Couchsurfing, everyone. My advice is to look up what the general cost of the ride is by logging it into GG taxi and see how much they are upcharging you. It’s definitely good to have a tour guide with you that speaks Armenian because when you get out to middle of no where Armenia, they don’t even speak Russian in many cases. Don’t pay more than 20,000 ARM for a tour. ever.

Also, Couchsurfing.com is an amazing way to meet other tourists that are already there and Armenians that are chill. They have a meetup every monday at Aeon anticafe and I was able to meet several people that I hung out with there for the rest of my trip.

I was here for a week. let me know if you have any questions or if there is something you want me to expound on. Next stop, Moscow!

Solid datasheet.

I've been youtubing Armenia and the food seems unbelievable good. Thoughts on the food? What about doing an offbeat Armenian trip (i.e. going to the middle of nowhere Armenia and checking out old school villages) - safe to do so? I'm not black (I'm brown) so I might blend in a bit better, but still not so much haha

I spent a while in Yerevan and Nagorno Karabakh

Yerevan is alright, very sleepy, i'm actually surprised there was any kid of revolution there as the place seemed so dull [Image: boring.gif] With regard to the food, I thought it was standard fare for that part of Europe/Asia, shashlik, kebabs etc.

Although the Armenia countryside is quite hilly, it's been totally stripped of any vegetation so resembles the surface of Mars, what is cool though is there is tonnes of old abandoned soviet stuff, the country is littered with old petrol stations.

With regard to the girls, you can largely forget it, big bums on piddly little legs, although If you are coming from Georgia then you will be pleasantly surprised!

Armenia - basically Georgia with less hot girls and less beautiful nature

Regarding Armenian food: from what I tried it was ok, but nothing like Georgian food.

What I did like was the dried fruit. I was slamming those dried peaches and apples every day. Other fruits too.

It's definitely not a game destination, but in Yerevan I noticed lots of outdoor patios in the parks so people like to go out.

Quote: (05-24-2018 01:17 PM)Crash_Bandicoot Wrote:  

Solid datasheet.

I've been youtubing Armenia and the food seems unbelievable good. Thoughts on the food? What about doing an offbeat Armenian trip (i.e. going to the middle of nowhere Armenia and checking out old school villages) - safe to do so? I'm not black (I'm brown) so I might blend in a bit better, but still not so much haha

Definitely safe. I wasn't scared once during my trip. If you don't look armenian, at worst, they will just stare at you. Everyone that I talked to was extremely nice and charitable to the extent that they could understand english. I traveled with a guy from Lebanon and I got more attention than him.

Food was so so. nothing special or memorable. I did meet some turkish lads who were showing me some weird fruit from their country that I wanted to try. I will do turkey next.

If you do armenia, I suggest only doing a 1 week offbeat trip and treating Yerevan as one of those sidestops. you need 2 days to see the city and maybe just one if you do all day. I only got to go to Khor Virap and Lake Sevan which were absolutely beautiful but in hindsight, I would have made the whole trip about seeing nature and history. like Garibaldi said, lots of old churches, abandoned soviest style shit, and cool nature, at lease where I was near Lake Sevan.

Cheezy,

Great datasheet.
Are you planning to visit Georgia as well to compare?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (05-25-2018 01:53 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Cheezy,

Great datasheet.
Thanks mate

Yes but not this trip. doing st pete and moscow instead. I'll fly somewhere early fall so if the weather isn't too bad, tblisi is an option.

Quote: (05-26-2018 02:23 AM)cheezyboi Wrote:  

Quote: (05-25-2018 01:53 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Cheezy,

Great datasheet.
Thanks mate

Yes but not this trip. doing st pete and moscow instead. I'll fly somewhere early fall so if the weather isn't too bad, tblisi is an option.

Gotcha.
Share some updates on St. Pete or Moscow when you get a chance or hit me on PM.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Are Armenian girls open to interracial dating? Everything I read is that local Armenians are very xenophobic toward foreigners, especially non-white ones.

+1 to all of the above.

Been to Yerevan a few months ago. Really: Great place, lots of things to see. Food! So many places I could recommend. Mozaic, or Gastropolis. Friendly people. Tumanyan and Abovyan street = safe, nice, interesting. But this is a PUA forum and not National Geographic.

So: the girls scene. As said in an old post: Under-sexed vibe, standoffish, cliquey. Like a smaller Italian city. No point going without any social connections. Guys stare but are beta-friendly, unlike in Plovdiv where leather bomber jackets, tracksuit bottoms and red veiny noses are the norm, plus brawls. People drink but don't get drunk, again like Italy.

Will go again, had my Armenian flags and want more.

I was in Armenia before. The weather was pleasant, the city was clean, and all the girls spoke English.

No, wait a minute - I was in Glendale, California. Sorry for the mistake. [Image: smile.gif]

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Yerevan is pleasant. I haven't been to the other cities but I will go in spring.

Social circle helps. I am going to a scientific conference and that should help a bit.