rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does Mainstream Media and What Seems like Major Online Opinion Drive You Bonkers?

Does Mainstream Media and What Seems like Major Online Opinion Drive You Bonkers?

Majority of mainstream media, majority of online informational media websites, most social media, reddit, etc is all leftist propaganda.

I cannot read or see anything these days that isn't pandering to minorities, feminism, white-shaming, LGBT, and anti-trump.

It seems that every establishment must adopt these political views or face damnation from the hoard which will stop at nothing to destroy those who oppose their views.

Another problem is that it's completely one-sided and all rationality is thrown out the window. It's just outright lies and hypocrisy on their end.

Articles published on feminism, for example, omit scientific evidence and resort to myths like the wage gap, correlation instead of causation, and lying about what the results of a scientific paper to push an agenda to the masses. These people then have the nerve to point the finger and say the other side is the one fabricating things to push their views.

I cannot watch a television show or movie these days where they aren't pushing feminist nonsense and disregarding biology to make the female characters appear "strong". The character interactions and plot must then suffer to constrain itself to this narrative. Everything feminism touches turns to shit (like Star Wars). Traditional gender roles can change when favoring the female character, yet they can fall back on the traditional when it suits them (i.e. men are still the expendable gender in film).

There is constant pushing in the media to demonize white men. The pendulum of oppression has swung to the opposite end. Ironically, these anti-oppressors are just the same breed that did the oppressing in the past and don't seem to realize it or care. The amount of dear white people, white privilege, etc. This stuff is causing race war.

Many universities have become a radical leftists playground. Where if you're a minority or a female we must all pussy foot around you and provide constant "safe spaces". Meanwhile you are free to destroy the school and verbally beat the shit out of your professor if he doesn't cater to your every ideological whim. Assault and hamper the learning of white people. Spread false rape propaganda, etc.

The anti-trump movement is an excuse for the low IQ's to clump together and act like animals in the name of politics. These people go off nothing but CNN reportings to decide that Trump is a menace to the world. They often have no actual reason or evidence for calling Trump a bigot|racist|retard|Hitler beyond that everyone else is calling him that. The amount of lies spread by the media about Trump is astronomical and none on their side seem to even look into it or care. They have the nerve to then call his side fake news. Celebrities are pretty much ruined if they support Trump. Then we have these SJW and Antifa fucking retards.

Most people have been exposed to this stuff for so long they actually believe most of these lies as basic facts of life. This stuff has invaded the highest level of politics too. Just look at Twinkle Toes Trudeau. Laws are being enacted so we all must pander to these false views.

I try to avoid it. But this stuff drives me fucking bonkers [Image: tard.gif]

I cannot watch a movie anymore that isn't predictably tainted by this shit or read an article on any topic that wasn't written by some SJW soy boy about how women or minorities are perpetual victims.

Talk about needing a safe space.

Yes - it does - that is why I don't listen to mainstream media. The snippets I get from Youtube, Twitter and other sites are more than enough lies to stomach.

It is a problem. As a red pill man, you see the world going insane around you with trannies being considered normal, and all other kinds of "emperor has no clothes" things going on.

There is nothing you can do to remake society. The only thing you can do is create a bubble of order and anti-fragility around you. You can take steps to minimize your exposure to news and media that's full of the poz, but you can't avoid it entirely. First of all, it's common for men to enjoy reading the news and staying informed about current affairs. I've done this heavily since my late teen years. Secondly, you have to be aware of what's going on so you can protect yourself. There have been plenty of men who have faced insane attacks from their HR departments over making a true statement about something trivial, in an offhand remark where they weren't even trying to make a big point. You have to have a fairly detailed understanding of the insane things people think, so you can be aware of when you will endanger yourself by something you say.

In the long run, you can position yourself career-wise, socially, and financially to minimize your risk, but here again, you have to know the enemy and understand the enemy to defend yourself against them. At a certain point, you have to just recognize that we live in an insane society at this point in history, and take steps accordingly to protect yourself. It's frustrating to think your father or grandfather grew up and possibly lived most of his life in a sane society, and now we've fallen so far. However, it is what it is. Just count your blessings and be glad you don't live in Venezuela or Zimbabwe.

Take a stoic attitude to the wider world you live in, and be victorious in your personal life and surroundings.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

This is the feminization of western culture. It breeds insanity in every way.
We should have never combatted AIDS or Ebola. It would have flushed the pozz.

You're a first time poster man, and you're going in with the big guns.

But lets assume it's a good-faith first time post.

It bothers me a lot, that's why I left the US, the media frenzy.

I'm in serbia, and I feel a lot more distant from it--but, if I read any western news source, I get triggered, so to speak.

Western media is toxic, and I think they gave up on the pursuit of truth a long time ago.

No. I drive them bonkers.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

[Image: curb-your-enthusiasm-gif-4.gif]

1 year inactive account and fishing for acknowledgement of previous statements ?

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Why did you wait eleven months to make this post?

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

For me its the lying by omission that infuriates me.

I think I used to take comfort that any omission was unwillful and ignorance, and that people are generally good and want to do good, and are not just simply dumb.

People just want their fantasies indulged, confirmation bias has utterly plagued us and it works both ways.
I'll even say that I recently I watched a few Marvel films to catch up (because all the talk of Infinity War and Aaron Clarey did a review on it) and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed them, this was well made and well shot and acted, thought of the work involved in it from all aspects and I realised my Red Pill film snob art tastes are not serving me any good or giving me any happiness. The Russo Bros are cool level headed pros. Is this me taking the good from the bad and building my own fantasy of how I want to perceive the world? Maybe, but isn't that what the best people do, extract gold wherever they find it, no matter where they find it?

I see it here on the forum too from a few posters as well, if you go looking for SJW muck in media, you'll undoubtely find it and ultimately we'll become as much of a cult as any progressive feminist fundamentalist. And yes, The Last Jedi is still a ball of utter shite. And I stopped watching all MSM so long ago I can't remember a particular date. And yes, you'd have to a conspiracy theorist at this point to believe the official story of 9/11.

Yes

I am seeing a lot of push back from young smart guys now, green shoots in the young fellas. There is hope.

Not for me. Because I understand why it is the way that it is and because of that, I chose to walk away from it.

Part of youth is absorbing everything around you in order to learn. Babies make sounds to see what kind of reaction they get, kids touch everything when they walk by, teenagers do stupid shit, men in their 20's go on traveling sex sprees and experiment with drugs, booze, etc. It's a learning process really.

But when a man hits his mid 30's and 40's he should have by now learned enough about life and endured enough pain, and fought enough battles where he can easily see what is bullshit and what is not. At that point he makes a choice to focus on things he can change and things he can't. So every masculine man turns that television off, turns that radio off, deletes Facebook, stops being envious, jealous, controls the ego, and he puts that energy on building great reliable friendships, and being the best father and husband that he can be. Of course there are exceptions, adapting and using social media to meet women when you're single and alone, using social media to advertise your business -- but those are outliners that most people do not fall into.

The media has always understood fear. That is how they make their money. The pick a small topic that is not that important, then they broadcast a very small select group of people that are upset about that topic, then that creates a chain reaction of getting more people upset, so now you have 50% of democrats watching the news upset about a current event and then you have the other 50% republicans who are upset that those democrats are upset about something stupid. This all equals advertisement $$ on both sides of the networks. It's a battle that can not be won. Both sides are being played for fools.

You do not want to be the old man and woman who spends every night glued to Fox news, MSNBC, and CNN, angry and bitter at how the world is, until they fall asleep in their recliners and wake up the next day to relive the same story of fear again. The joy in their life is gone. They no longer see life in colors.

If you're upset about the way the media is, then walk away and focus on what is important to you.

In my day to day life, unless I peruse social media or various forums, mostly ignore it. I'm too concentrated on work, making money and supporting my newborn to care all that much. It's really only evenings over a gin and tonic I read the nonsense.

However, I was recently in Bulgaria for a month. I admit there was a profound difference in how I felt. There was literally zero Trump talk or coverage. Outrage culture does not exist there. Any opinion at the table is fair game. People just converse.

Going from outside the American bubble to inside the American bubble definitely hits you. While you can learn to tune out the bullshit and go about your daily routine, you do end up being surrounded by it. I suddenly had to switch back into "watch what I say around who I say it mode" upon landing in SF. I went from seeing plenty of non-PC comedy and talk shows on tv along with a large music presence on tv, to non-stop leftist political pandering up and down the channel lineup. I went from not having to bite my tongue whatsoever about Trump or politics or religion to once again leaving politics off the table in my work environment, as I'm surrounded by communists who gleefully bash Trump. I went from watching news on tv which dealt with real issues and actual global news, to the 24/7 right vs left bickering here.

Even reading a forum like this, much as I love it, or participating on other forums to discuss my world views, there is a noticeable weight not felt when as an example, I'm relaxing at the house I own in a Bulgarian village. A far simpler but more importantly, real, way of life. The mind is free. Truly. Mental energy becomes abundant. Stamina returns or increases. I'm referring to real mental energy and true stamina. Sure many of us have it in our everyday lives but whether consciously or subconsciously, energy is wasted on the division in this country.

I'd put it like this. In American culture we've now had to pick a side, pick a team. Your viewpoints you must be prepared to defend. At times you must censor yourself as you're in enemy territory. Don't and you might lose friends, or your job. You might make enemies. Family members might stop talking to you. Financial consequence could bring wide-ranging damage to one's life. Now picture being in an environment where there are no sides to pick nor teams pitted against one another.

It frees the mind.

I've gone through my Youtube subscriptions and deleted all political channels aside from 100% self help or ones that that have some political crossover. But 100% political all gone. An enormous timesink, when I should be using the time for introspection, I mean god forbid I be left alone with my own thoughts right? Even Peterson becomes a yakker too that you can't unhear. Stefan Molyneux goes for negative low lying fruit as he stares vacantly into camera to pump up dramatic tension. Styx666 is an arrogant asshat where "everything is no big deal who cares", well then "Why the fuck are you speaking so Styx?" all knowledge and no wisdom and has a fetish for death and laughing at possible nuclear war as "its all just a game bro".

I think the one person I've come to really respect is Aaron Clarey who doesn't have a 1/10th of the popularity of the others, but is normal and real in the best possible sense, and probably the only I'd consider life advice from. The rest of them aren't gritty enough and frankly haven't lived enough.

Who the fuck would take Styx as a role model seriously, couped up in Vermont?
They're all so boring.

Live like your grandfather lived for 3 months.

Here's the post from the Haters lounge where Debguiled and Ribsy has at them and articulates a lot of what I think:

Quote:Quote:

I am starting to hate the sound of Stefan Molyneux's voice. He reminds me of a really bad Shakespearean actor, self consciously modulating his voice, from growl, to controlled rage, to whisper.

I like some of his content, and he is obviously smart, I just think the whole thing has gone to his head, and he reminds me of a community theater King Lear who got a little bit too much into the role, and is really starting to think he is a king.

Until now, I have automatically downloaded his videos and listened to them, as long as I was interesting in the topic, and I like his interviews.

The most recent video I listened to was this one:

It was supposed to be a video to encourage younger people, and to take it easy on the Millenials, and say that their problems were caused by bad parenting and society.

Instead, it was an extended meditation on how great his childhood was, how he overcame the problems, what a great athlete he was as a child, you get the idea.

At one point he even got a bit self aware and said, "I don't mean to keep making this about me. . " and then went straight back to talking about how great he was as a child, pretty much insinuating that any younger person who didn't have the early advantages of free unsupervised play like he did was essentially sunk as a social being.

The self aggrandizing subject matter of the video and the amateur theatrics of his voice, and the basic supercilious attitude, it just got to me, and I think that unless he interviews someone I really want to hear from, or tackles a subject I care about, man, don't think I can listen to him anymore.

I came a bit late to the whole 'SteffAhn' trip. I binge watched the best of his stuff in a day or two recently. The stuff on the boomers is top-notch. I got that video mixed up with boomer stuff and you're right, it was all over the shop. Reason I confused it was that Generation X were also known as the latch-key kids. Easy mistake.

You're right about the faux dramatica. I draw the line at growling like a Lion personally, but ymmv. The way he says StefffAhrn when he introduces himself grates as well. I've about as much of the bloke as I can muster.

And you are right about the arrogance. It's happening to all of them. PJW, Styxhexenhammer666 (who reads this forum btw - hi Styx!), Sargon of Akkad, any of them with more than a 100K subs - they see themselves as the new kings. Then again, you probably would too if you got the adsense revenue for that, and still they panhandle for Patreon and whatnot.

Another problem I have, and this is just a problem in general I have, is that I don't like voices and I don't like heads! I hardly ever hears someone's voice and think ASMR, I usually feel as if my balls have been put in a cheese-grater and I'm getting rubbed up the wrong way. Also, heads - I like aesthetic beauty. Even in men, I expect a certain amount of handsomeness just so they don't annoy the crap out of me when I have to look at them. I'd rather look at some square-jawed killers physog that makes sense in some kind of way, than some scrawny sarcastic looking fucker. I know I'm odd, but I have standards.

Molyneux is annoying, but he isn't the worst of them. Sargon has one of the most disagreeable voices I've ever heard. And he's also an extremely arrogant fucker. I don't bother with him at all now. He really thinks he's the Stephen King's philtrum. It's pathetic really how much their new found success has overtaken their egos, inflating them to a point where they are just about to pop. Can't wait!

Styx is another one. A supremely arrogant cunt. (Hi Styx! Love ya baby!). I tested him on a few things. My god. He's another that is about to pop his cork. Twat.

PJW is just an annoying twat generally. The voice, the facial expressions. The arrogance. We get it. You are the new kings. We are not worthy. Tell us what we do not know. What we can not understand. Enlighten us oh masters.

These people often have some good points. But who the fuck in their right mind is going to listen to that nails-on-blackboard scrape of a voice that is Sargon of Akkad, droning on for half an hour to make a point he could make in 2 minutes? Not I.

But it's the arrogance of the cunts, pretty much to a man, that gets me now I've opened my eyes.

There are no pearls of wisdom to be had that several RVF members don't drop hourly on an original basis. Thought provoking, often funny, coming in from a different angle. And no arrogance.

These people are ok (youtubers), but they are a little bit too big for their boots. I was thinking the other day about when I first found Roosh and RoK and then the forum. But Roosh's writings were first. I spent days/weeks reading just about everything I could get my hands on, and there was a lot of stuff. I don't think I ever did get through all of it. I must go back and have another crack. But I've not seen him display a tenth of the arrogance of these youtube stars, pretending that they are on the telly all the while proclaiming we are new media. StefARn claiming it's a frigging radio show, on the fucking internet. Dick.

I think it takes a certain quality of snake-oil salesman to be successful on the youtube front. Roosh is a little too natural in the videos I have seen him in, he doesn't force a front, he just seems pretty much himself, and of course, a certain amount of theatrics are called for. It's contrived. But I actually prefer Roosh's delivery on many fronts. It's not so whiz-bang gimmicky, but then again, it wouldn't grow old very quickly like StefArn Molyneux. Pretentious wankers.

I mean this in the nicest possible way. But they think they are pop stars and they are not and they need bringing down a peg or two for their own good. They don't care though, the kids love 'em. The easily impressed. I'll continue to keep 'tuning in' while they are interesting and relevant, but if you listen really hard and watch really close, they don't actually have that much to offer in the punditry department that you couldn't get in a million other places.

I realised what a bunch of clowns they all were after tuning in to a live cast with Sargon of Akkad and he kept screaming 'autistic screeching' at this bloke who does actually have autism. The funny thing was, he sounded like the fucking sperg in the room screeching all the while the real sperg was giving valid reasoned argument. And this sperg actually has his shit together to a, well, autistic level. He is super high functioning. Harmful Opinion iirc is his name. Anyway, Sargon, for someone that has over half a million subs just make a prick of himself, like a child looking for attention - he really did sperg out.

That's what half a million subs does for your ego-inflation kids - don't try this at home and careful what you wish for.

With regard to StefAHrn Moly - I heard he has a pretty tidy sum in bitcoin and his adsense is obviously enough for him to have his youtube 'radio' gig has his main job - enough to start a family. So why does he have to panhandle for shekels? Because it works. Wonder how much he got? A few grand? 10K, 100K?

I've donated a few quid here or there before, because I'm a mug. But I have a strict rule now, no money or donations for anyone on point of principle. We put store in these people, give them respect, and you make one comment they don't like (Hi Styx! you still reading?) and they really do speak to you like a piece of shit on their shoe. "Do you know who I am?" Eh eh, not a problemo.

They will all have to find new gigs soon though the way it's going on the youtube front. People just will not use other sites. They will still make money though. But it's interesting watching them squirm now with the shtf and them having to have unpopular opinions. A lot of them choosing just to keep their big yaps shut and do non-controversial topics. As we approach wwIII expect more of that - talking loud and saying nothing.

Talking of which, I'm a gonna stfu myself. Thankyou for listening. I feel better now... talking of which...

Quote: (05-04-2018 06:02 AM)Syberpunk Wrote:  

I think the one person I've come to really respect is Aaron Clarey who doesn't have a 1/10th of the popularity of the others, but is normal and real in the best possible sense, and probably the only I'd consider life advice from. The rest of them aren't gritty enough and frankly haven't lived enough.

I actually forgot all about Aaron Clarey. It was his 'Bachelor Pad Economics' that I read from cover to cover on holiday one year that was probably my biggest wake-up to the red pill, whatever that is. I was in my late thirties at the time and could have cried at the fact that I didn't have such a book when I was just a lad starting out.

He may have his detractors (which manosphere figure doesn't!) but for me, I found that he (at least in that book) offers real, concrete, practical advice that you can start taking immediately to move your life in a positive direction. I love the theory as much as anyone but I'm not going to live forever and I want to implement personal change now. I guess some of his advice has become so mainstream among the RP community (lift, pick a trade, save 'fuck-you' money) that it loses its usefulness. But for me, AC worded it all and put things together better than most.

I read the Captain Capitalism blog a few times but not for ages. Might download 'Enjoy the Decline' or re-read Bachelor Pad Economics for my next break away.

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Delete

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Ultimately you have to ride the balance of being aware of the negative things happening in order not to be blindsided by an economic or real political crisis, but most of the time you can fully ignore the crap as soon as you know where it is going.

I can no longer stand watching the media, because every second story is either a lie, blatant manipulation, lie by omission or focusing on something unimportant.

But I also know men on the leftie-liberal-esoteric side who avoid ALL NEGATIVITY by willingly not even knowing anything. They imbue somehow the progressive mindset of open borders, every culture is equal always etc. Then they go through their day essentially only repeating the mainstream media talking points and vacantly saying: "can't we all go along?" or "don't think, talk or speak about anything negative".

That viewpoint is too extreme as well. You have to know what is going on or you end up in Venezuela starving, get ruined in real estate investments in 2008, your funds get confiscated in Greece or a couple times per century you are in the middle of a war and everything you own is rubble and your wife and daughter gets gang-raped by invading troops. You have to face the music and know what is playing, but then you adjust your life and ignore the madness concentrating on the good things in life.

I've gone through my Youtube subscriptions and deleted all political channels aside from 100% self help or ones that that have some political crossover. But 100% political all gone.

This is really smart. I have to do this. I am still in the phase of scrolling past a bunch of channels I can't remember why I subscribed. Time to start deleting.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (05-04-2018 07:23 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Ultimately you have to ride the balance of being aware of the negative things happening in order not to be blindsided by an economic or real political crisis, but most of the time you can fully ignore the crap as soon as you know where it is going.

I can no longer stand watching the media, because every second story is either a lie, blatant manipulation, lie by omission or focusing on something unimportant.

But I also know men on the leftie-liberal-esoteric side who avoid ALL NEGATIVITY by willingly not even knowing anything. They imbue somehow the progressive mindset of open borders, every culture is equal always etc. Then they go through their day essentially only repeating the mainstream media talking points and vacantly saying: "can't we all go along?" or "don't think, talk or speak about anything negative".

That viewpoint is too extreme as well. You have to know what is going on or you end up in Venezuela starving, get ruined in real estate investments in 2008, your funds get confiscated in Greece or a couple times per century you are in the middle of a war and everything you own is rubble and your wife and daughter gets gang-raped by invading troops. You have to face the music and know what is playing, but then you adjust your life and ignore the madness concentrating on the good things in life.

I'm pretty much on your page there. What has worked well for me over the past half century is to keep a low profile, travel light, not get into debt, and be ready to move on when you feel the heat around the corner.

Life is cruel, very unfair, and way too short. Don't waste it slaving away for some corporation or some government that doesn't give two shits about you. Most importantly - ignore all the noise, the hype, the never ending lies, the constant manipulation. There's way too much of it out there and most people waste a shitload of their lifetime paying attention to stuff that is completely irrelevant to their respective reality.

Once you internalize these simple facts you can finally focus on yourself and milk every day for all it's worth. I for one am having a hell of a ride and plan on being around for another few decades.

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."
– Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

-Snip-

Great post. I did this in January. Deleted all my political channels, barring Roosh and PJW (Roosh out of loyalty, and PJW as he's probably the only one I wouldn't be scared of a work colleague finding out I watched). Needless to say, by March I was typing in 'Iconoclast', 'Millennial Woes', 'Tommy Robinson' etc just to see what they had been up to...then obviously watching their vids, and thinking "bloody hell, this is good work, this deserves a sub". By April I was back where i started.

I need to do the original process again. But this time, make sure if I do occasionally check up on things, not to subscribe again. It's not good for the soul this shit, even if it is a worthwhile cause. That's not taking anything away from the content creators themselves, they're doing good work—it's just many of us in this part of the internet need a bloody rest. Tommy Robinson is doing the DayForFreedom thing this Sunday...so after that I'll be unsubbing from basically everyone. Unfortunately that means I'll have only sports stuff left, which is good, as I'll spend less time on Youtube.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

This gave me a good chuckle.

No mention of Fox News, Breitbart, or Zero Hedge??

But they were sure to say 'watch more. read more. understand more.'

All in the name of World Press Freedom Day.

The comments give me hope though [Image: wink.gif].

Of late, over here in the UK, I feel like Roddy Piper's character in "They Live", after he acquires the pair of sunglasses that enable him to see things as they really are. Once you have your eyes opened you realise that the propaganda and manipulation is everywhere. It's not even that subtle anymore, with last Christmas' race mixing adverts being a prime example.

Quote: (05-04-2018 04:30 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

-Snip-

Great post. I did this in January. Deleted all my political channels, barring Roosh and PJW (Roosh out of loyalty, and PJW as he's probably the only one I wouldn't be scared of a work colleague finding out I watched). Needless to say, by March I was typing in 'Iconoclast', 'Millennial Woes', 'Tommy Robinson' etc just to see what they had been up to...then obviously watching their vids, and thinking "bloody hell, this is good work, this deserves a sub". By April I was back where i started.

I need to do the original process again. But this time, make sure if I do occasionally check up on things, not to subscribe again. It's not good for the soul this shit, even if it is a worthwhile cause. That's not taking anything away from the content creators themselves, they're doing good work—it's just many of us in this part of the internet need a bloody rest. Tommy Robinson is doing the DayForFreedom thing this Sunday...so after that I'll be unsubbing from basically everyone. Unfortunately that means I'll have only sports stuff left, which is good, as I'll spend less time on Youtube.

Update: I still (I know it's only been two weeks) remain unsubbed from political stuff and I have found my general anxiety levels have dropped substantially. Therefore, at least for me, I can only conclude that being plugged into the right-wing-political-youtube-matrix is not healthy. It's doom porn and informational overload. And like debeguiled or rigsby said in the post Syberpunk quoted... when you stand back and forget that you agree with things they said, a lot of them are twats. PJW is immensely irritating if you actually think about it, if you're of a different political persuasion he must be absolutely insufferable. We don't see it as we're often nodding in agreement with him. Millennial Woes is a miserable bastard, and I disagree with him on the harder edged stuff, but at least I get the impression he'd be a pleasant conversationalist were I to meet him in real life. Tommy, hmm... I think him becoming more mainstream has started to go to his head a bit, and I definitely get the impression he now regards this as a business as opposed to activism (though I'm sure he does believe what he says he believes). Not to take anything away from him, I've basically been his cheerleader for the past few years. And politically, he's probably closest to me, along with Sargon.

Anyway, I've got distracted from my original point. Yeah...unsub from everything political and I think you'll be happier. Though also less 'informed' (infotained). I've started playing my guitar again and falling back in love with boxing. Much more conducive to my mental well being... even if it means I'm less clued up on the latest demographics or flavour of the day moral hysteria.

Edit: just reading the forum once a week is enough to keep up to date to be honest.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (05-19-2018 07:22 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

-Snip-

Update: I still (I know it's only been two weeks) remain unsubbed from political stuff and I have found my general anxiety levels have dropped substantially. Therefore, at least for me, I can only conclude that being plugged into the right-wing-political-youtube-matrix is not healthy. It's doom porn and informational overload. And like debeguiled or rigsby said in the post Syberpunk quoted... when you stand back and forget that you agree with things they said, a lot of them are twats. PJW is immensely irritating if you actually think about it, if you're of a different political persuasion he must be absolutely insufferable. We don't see it as we're often nodding in agreement with him. Millennial Woes is a miserable bastard, and I disagree with him on the harder edged stuff, but at least I get the impression he'd be a pleasant conversationalist were I to meet him in real life. Tommy, hmm... I think him becoming more mainstream has started to go to his head a bit, and I definitely get the impression he now regards this as a business as opposed to activism (though I'm sure he does believe what he says he believes). Not to take anything away from him, I've basically been his cheerleader for the past few years. And politically, he's probably closest to me, along with Sargon.

Anyway, I've got distracted from my original point. Yeah...unsub from everything political and I think you'll be happier. Though also less 'informed' (infotained). I've started playing my guitar again and falling back in love with boxing. Much more conducive to my mental well being... even if it means I'm less clued up on the latest demographics or flavour of the day moral hysteria.

Edit: just reading the forum once a week is enough to keep up to date to be honest.

Good timing for me on this post. I will do this in earnest this weekend.

I have been downloading podcasts that I used to like and listening to them when I walk and deleting them in mid-show more and more thinking, why did I like this?

You are right about the personalities as opposed to the content. There is a definite negative effect to listening to someone you probably wouldn't like in real life even if you agree with them politically. They are kind of like the chick with the perfect body but the personality you tolerate. Even if you end up getting what you want, you feel somehow like you let yourself down afterwards.

You are smart to reestablish real life habits that you are inspired by, although even listening and watching negative shit less is still very powerful.

I have been searching around for videos and podcasts that actually inspire me in a positive way, that make me feel good about being alive or about the future and these are amazingly hard to find!

I am not talking about new things to learn, or motivational videos, or "People are Amazing!!!!!" videos, but something, anything, that makes me feel good to be alive, and good to be a human being.

Kind of says something about the internet in general.

What has inspired me lately is listening to people who have had Near Death Experiences, some of them, anyway, since almost without exception, these people end up with renewed faith and positive outlooks towards life.

Still, takes a lot of half listened to interviews to find gems, because I immediately delete any interview where the person uses a breathy spiritual voice, or suddenly acts like they now have all of life's answers. This means that most women NDE experiencers are hopeless, and I delete them instantly.

However, the good ones I can listen to over and over.

I also find, and I have posted this before, that videos that describe a craftsman who has spent years learning something and showing what he does are very inspiring to me for some reason, probably just the commitment, the passion, the achievement by anonymous people toiling over the years at their chosen craft.

Love this one:

Well, this post is turning into more things to do on the internet, so I better end it and get on with unfollowing almost everything.

Thanks to all you guys doing this, it is inspiring and motivating me to do the same.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

D — it's a damn shame you don't live in Europe, as I think we agree on pretty much everything discussed on this forum. Hope to meet you if I ever make it stateside brother.

Quote: (05-19-2018 07:22 AM)Teedub Wrote:  

-Snip-

Update: I still (I know it's only been two weeks) remain unsubbed from political stuff and I have found my general anxiety levels have dropped substantially. Therefore, at least for me, I can only conclude that being plugged into the right-wing-political-youtube-matrix is not healthy. It's doom porn and informational overload.

This isn't so much politics as it is gaming and entertainment, but they talk about once you have a following you feel obliged to keep producing more of the same, regardless whether you like. Filler in other words.

I'm trying to find the Molyneux video where a guy was asking for advice on whether he should making videos for his political channel that had only about 100 subscribers, Molyneux looks down through it mid show, discovers the caller has videos with very small views insulting Mike Cernovich and Lauren Southern, and Molyneux after being helpful to him for about 30 minutes.....goes stone cold "you do know caller those are my good friends, the people I love protect hold dear and yadda yadda"

And I thought "Stefan you poser, you've known these people for not very long and you probably wouldn't have anything to do with them if it weren't that your views lined up with theirs and the current money train, remember when you were a new atheist Stefan and an anarchist?"

and then he gave him 2 more minutes before cutting him off.

There was something really fake about it, he started acting like a little bitch.