rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook Dating app

Facebook Dating app

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/1/173077...ch-okcupid

Looks like Tinder will finally have some sort of competition. This also opens up to a broader audience, perhaps to girls who haven't been burned by online dating.

Facebook Dating app

While I am sceptical of the lizardman Zuckerberg it's good if Tinder gets a real competitor as it would make them consider twice about their shitty algorithms and p4p game. I hope.

Facebook Dating app

Lol, says it's for LTRs. Like anyone except fat chicks and virgin dudes go on apps for love.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Facebook Dating app

I cant see this working at all. Young people don't use facebook much, and it takes away from anonymity. People dont want their whole life story on a dating ap, just a few carefully selected/edited pics.

Facebook Dating app

Could be interesting

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-01-2018 03:21 PM)Repo Wrote:  

I cant see this working at all. Young people don't use facebook much, and it takes away from anonymity. People dont want their whole life story on a dating ap, just a few carefully selected/edited pics.

Probably good for banging out MILFs, tho.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Facebook Dating app

Doesn't Bubmble already link to your Facebook profile?

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-01-2018 04:14 PM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

Doesn't Bubmble already link to your Facebook profile?

It does both - you can link it to your FB or say "not now" when you first activate.

Sooner or later - all apps will be forced to have the "not now" options because of what happened on The Hill with Zuck the Cuck.

Facebook Dating app

It'll probably give good returns in the first few months as curious girls try it out.

Facebook Dating app

But what everyone really wants to know is...

Will you still be able to use the dating features if you're listed as in a relationship?

Will you still have the excuse, "she's not my side chick, we're just Facebook friends?"

Will Facebook make new "suggestions" based on your likes and past bangs, err, "relationship" history?

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-01-2018 03:56 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

Quote: (05-01-2018 03:21 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Probably good for banging out MILFs, tho.

40+ milfs maybe. I can't see any 18-22 year olds trying this.

They already use Instagram as a semi-dating app. Maybe I'm wrong but this just seems like another desperate attempt for Facebook to be relevant. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason Match groups stock was so high was because people thought it might get bought out by Zuck, and now is sinking because that doesnt seem likely. Rather than primarily sinking because people are scared of Facebook.

Facebook Dating app

Sad.

I read a study where Facebook was the cause of 1/3 of divorces.

I guess that number will rise.

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-01-2018 07:21 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

It'll probably give good returns in the first few months as curious girls try it out.

This. I can't wait for the golden period. [Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-01-2018 07:50 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Sad.

I read a study where Facebook was the cause of 1/3 of divorces.

I guess that number will rise.

Facebook didn't "cause" those divorces, people made choices. Alas, I agree FB is not exactly a positive influence. That said, people still have agency - they make their bed, they lie in it.

As another poster mentioned, FB is aging out so this is just another attempt to combat that trend. The platform already is kind of a dating app in some respects, so its only natural to see them try to capitalize on that.

Unfortunately it will not go any better for incels like the Toronto van attack guy, especially if the features depend upon FB connections and algorithmic compatibility models, whatever they are. Guys like that won't get any further there than they will on other platforms, but for everyone else it will probably be a good "land rush" for the first year or two.

Facebook Dating app

I wonder how well this will work, considering the whole scandal stuff recently, and the fact that people aren't as active on the site as they were 6-7 years ago.

It has an advantage in the fact that it's already a big name, but a disadvantage in the fact that it isn't exactly new or original. A double edged sword or something.

Honestly though, I feel like this would do better if they integrated it as an Instagram dating service instead, since that seems to be more active in the whole social media world among other young people at least. But who knows.

Facebook Dating app

This is just formalizing an already existing trend. By my last count, I’ve pulled just as many girls off FB as tinder, if not more.

Disclaimer: this is in SEA, not in the West, where people are extremely fickle about random friend requests from the opposite sex.

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-01-2018 09:32 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

This is just formalizing an already existing trend. By my last count, I’ve pulled just as many girls off FB as tinder, if not more.

Disclaimer: this is in SEA, not in the West, where people are extremely fickle about random friend requests from the opposite sex.

What's the standard tactic for this? Add friend then escalate?

Facebook Dating app

I just watched the clip of Zuck speaking to the audience about this dating feature where he said "...NOT just for hookups!"

Does he not understand that it's people that are the ones who decide what the deal is? Not necessarily what the software is designed around. Has there ever been a dating site in history where a ONS never happened? Did the designers of OKCupid, tinder, bumble or any other dating app aim for it to be for hookups? Did OKC's creators know ahead of time that they were going to be running a site with the highest ratio of fatties and trannies? They probably thought at first that they were aiming higher than that. But people are gonna do what people are gonna do. Why act as if the medium of online dating app has any bearing whatsoever on the motives of the people using said app?

Tinder is for hookups because that's what the people using it want to do. Why would this be any different? What's so special about Zuck's dating feature that would discourage using it for ONS? I guess if you have no game whatsoever this would make sense.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-02-2018 01:51 AM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

I just watched the clip of Zuck speaking to the audience about this dating feature where he said "...NOT just for hookups!"

Does he not understand that it's people that are the ones who decide what the deal is?

Tinder is for hookups because that's what the people using it want to do. Why would this be any different? What's so special about Zuck's dating feature that would discourage using it for ONS? I guess if you have no game whatsoever this would make sense.

As long as women insist on imagining that men with much higher SMV are going to want to settle down with them, dating apps are going to skew towards hookups.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-02-2018 01:51 AM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Does he not understand that it's people that are the ones who decide what the deal is? Not necessarily what the software is designed around. Has there ever been a dating site in history where a ONS never happened? Did the designers of OKCupid, tinder, bumble or any other dating app aim for it to be for hookups? Did OKC's creators know ahead of time that they were going to be running a site with the highest ratio of fatties and trannies? They probably thought at first that they were aiming higher than that. But people are gonna do what people are gonna do. Why act as if the medium of online dating app has any bearing whatsoever on the motives of the people using said app?

Since the announcement is fresh and people are actually paying attention, the 'not for hookups' messaging is likely a key part of the PR pitch geared towards women who might use the service. To attract more than just beluga whales who rely on online dating because they get zero attention in real life, they need to attract the damaged-in-some-way-but-bangable crowd (increasingly large due to daddy issues, etc.) who need to feel 'classy' and like they're constantly in search of something 'meaningful', even though they really aren't and it's just to make themselves feel better.

Plus, it allows them to at least from a marketing standpoint, position themselves to compete with both the Tinders and Match.com's of the world. You can't really go wrong being anti-hookup in your marketing - can bash hookups six ways to Sunday, and horny fucks will still sign up, with hope of getting some strange.

I doubt these points were brought up in the board room in the same brash, red pill tone... but I do think they have an idea of who their target audience is. Even they realize that desperate guys will sign up by the millions - the goal is just getting as many women as possible to at least try it out, and feigning classiness to placate the female "I'm worth more than a hookup" hamster will help make that happen, IMO.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-02-2018 01:57 AM)Suits Wrote:  

As long as women insist on imagining that men with much higher SMV are going to want to settle down with them, dating apps are going to skew towards hookups.

Absolutely.

Part of the issue though is that desperate men in the midst of a cold streak will turn to dating apps aggressively and lower their standards to get some - and will lie when she inevitably shit tests with "what are you looking for on here?"

While this placates the 'signal that I'm classy' sluts I mentioned above, your point is also true - it can also cause the more stable girls, who just happen to be not that attractive, start to think you're actually interested, and artificially inflates their value in the moment and beyond, setting them up for failure not just in that instance, but in the long-term when the situation likely repeats. A vicious cycle.

Online dating really is doing irreparable damage to both men and women.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-02-2018 12:40 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

Nah, you let them add you first.

You do one of the two things. Join FB groups and troll other expats, giving girls a chance to jump in. Or find influencers with thousands of friends, most of whom are hot chicks (this works best if the influencer is male and gay).

Watch the friend requests roll in, but don’t accept them right away. Message them and run standard online game from there.

You’re welcome.

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-02-2018 02:25 AM)Synezthetic Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2018 01:57 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Absolutely.

Part of the issue though is that desperate men in the midst of a cold streak will turn to dating apps aggressively and lower their standards to get some - and will lie when she inevitably shit tests with "what are you looking for on here?"

While this placates the 'signal that I'm classy' sluts I mentioned above, your point is also true - it can also cause the more stable girls, who just happen to be not that attractive, start to think you're actually interested, and artificially inflates their value in the moment and beyond, setting them up for failure not just in that instance, but in the long-term when the situation likely repeats. A vicious cycle.

Online dating really is doing irreparable damage to both men and women.

Agree but in a slightly different way. I fear the fast and steady creep of two different phenomena in to all aspects of life. The first is the sexual-socialization of any domain in which men and women happen to be together. Obviously in any mixed setting, there is a chance for sexual or romantic outcomes, but I worry about it becoming the primary or one of the major purposes of things like Facebook. Remember, several of these social media platforms were set up for other purposes and have suffered from a kind of mission creep. What's to stop other platforms and apps from introducing "dating" functions in the near future. It's all about the money, after all, and dating sites make bank. But, there have to be some areas of our life in which we can socialize without the sexual or relationship "stuff" being omnipresent. The second issue is gamification. I mean that in the computer science way, although the "Game" way works just as well. As numerous posters above have noted, this will only serve to inflate the egos of otherwise very plain women. I noticed this phenomenon directly when a college I was teaching at (in the Western United States) developed a community of PUAs. Over about a two year period, these guys (who were essentially running daygame bootcamps) managed to totally screw up the sexual dynamics on campus. Simply put, all the 6's now thought they were 9's. The online extension of this has been explained ad nauseam. But, as this gamification moves, again, in to every avenue of life (much of which takes place online these days), what will the result be? More women thinking they can punch way above their weight. And, I have seen the outcome of that. It is not pretty. It looks like thousands of women who probably married a man that is too good for them, but the women think that they settled. Sure, there might be some immediate and temporary fun for a few online game aware guys, but that will quickly wear off and the OKCupid effect will become the Facebook effect.

Currently out of office.

Facebook Dating app

Quote:Quote:

“This is going to be for building real, long-term relationships — not just for hookups,”

Quote:Quote:

Zuckerberg joked onstage.

Yeah - not that Zuck would know much about dating or hookups.

It will mainly be used by the older milf battalion who want to hit up men they either refused in their hotter years or be out for men whose history they can research online quickly.

I think that it won't work well on the younger generation below 30 and many many folk will be very hesitant to link everything with Facebook.

FB has already been used well by mini-celebs or real celebs. Some celebs called facebook FUCKBOOK because it was so easy to get fuck-toy-girls delivered to them.

I doubt it will be very popular aside from the initial novelty boost and the rampant milf-banging. Though even that may impact your facebook life if you have it mainly to stay in touch with some family and close friends. [/align]

Facebook Dating app

Quote: (05-02-2018 02:38 AM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2018 12:40 AM)Kdog Wrote:  

Nah, you let them add you first.

You do one of the two things. Join FB groups and troll other expats, giving girls a chance to jump in. Or find influencers with thousands of friends, most of whom are hot chicks (this works best if the influencer is male and gay).

Watch the friend requests roll in, but don’t accept them right away. Message them and run standard online game from there.

You’re welcome.

[Image: clap2.gif]

This makes perfect sense, since social circle game is becoming much more fruitful than it already was versus pure online game. Apparently, this is also true in wherever you are being expat (Vietnam-?) The "having gay friends" social proof angle is effectively exploited too, without even having any actual real life gay friends - well done.

Facebook isn't really becoming a dating site, it's just adding a new twist to a social circle edge they already had - a smart move for them.

Yet the increasing importance of social circle game further illustrates the difficulty so many incels will continue to have since their circle is already shit and they've got no idea how to properly build one.

It's really no exaggeration that game, starting with forums like this, can indeed help set things right with an incel about to go off the rails. Though the SJWs sneered at Roosh when he suggested as much in a tweet, the reality is he's made more headway than a thousand members of some stupid beta incel forum ever could have.