rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Discovered a new DHV that uses my phone

Came back from a first date tonight. Discovered an easy and subtle DHV that I'll probably use again in the future. Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

At one point in the evening, we huddled under an umbrella and wanted to check the time. I didn't wear a watch so I pulled out my phone, and I was bringing it in front of us (so we both could see the time) as I turned on the screen.

Little did I know another girl had texted me shortly beforehand.

I took one glance at the time before realizing this girl's texts were clearly visible to the both of us, and I quickly put the phone back in my pocket like I was embarrassed. Didn't mention a word, but I know she saw.

I didn't notice any change in my date's behavior, but it must've had some kind of effect. What do you guys think of this? When you're out with a chick, it can be a move to do after you feel a text come in from one of your other girls.

Does it DHV? Is it as powerful as I think, or kinda tacky?

Did you bang her and what observable effect did this have?

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I have had the same thing when i was on a date.
Suddenly i got a new tinder match and had my phone on loud.

It was so fucking embarrassing. But i played it cool and laughed it off.

Now i dont make this mistake again. When on a date i remove the sound and the wifi.

Learned it the hard way!

In general you become more attractive with preselection. But some girls might be turned off if they think you're a "player". In any case, this is a random event. Anything that happens effortlessly and raises your social or sex market value is good.

A similar example is when a girl starts typing in her number on your phone and suggestions from your current contacts pop up with female names. I've wondered if that turns them off but I believe it's all in our head.

If it won't matter in 30 years, it doesn't matter now.

My thoughts and memoirs: yourfriendtrent.wordpress.com

I've had a similar thing to you OP but where girls have been able to see my screen and see that the Tinder app has between 100-200 notifications. I've seen on their faces that they're a bit surprised but I've just smirked and I've sensed it has worked in my favour.

Most girls seem to like to be dating a guy who is a bit of a player with options. As long as she thinks she has a little chance to catch you for something long-term, I think it will only be a positive if she becomes more aware that you got a lot of options.

But you obviously want this to be sub-communicated so it doesn't come off as you are taking your phone out to impress her how many girls that want you.

Don't advocate it but you can download apps that can mimic this like fake phone call, or fake sms. You create a fake girl's contact in your phone and it pops up after a timer. Again you don't really need it but I guess people like every edge they can get.

I often stream my PC to the living room TV, and if have a girl at my place, and I'll desktop notifications from texts or tinder messages that will be clearly visible on the 54" TV screen. I've had quite a few circumstances where this has happened while listening to music or something. So far I've yet to see any visible reaction from them and it's pretty hard to say, but I don't think they would care all that much.

I had that kind of thing happening to me numerous times and it played bad for me. You gotta keep that "it just happened" frame. The girl doesn't want to feel that she's just another one.

I think it is better to let a girl wonder if other girls are into you than letting her know that some are texting you. The more mysterious, the better.

Quote: (04-14-2018 10:53 AM)Lermontov Wrote:  

I think it is better to let a girl wonder if other girls are into you than letting her know that some are texting you. The more mysterious, the better.

Depends on what stage of the process youre in but for pre 1st bang:

Girls dont "actively" consider you but rather "re actively". In other words you can't be "mysterious" if youre not at least on their interest radar first. You cant "pull" if youre not already on the screen

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

I don't think it helps. I was on a date once where a notification from tinder came in while i was showing her a video. In one of the rare instances where a girl provides feedback after rejecting a date, that was one of the reasons she didn't want the second date.

I think any decent / good girl will probably be turned off by it. Also, I really don't think its that hard to portray you have other options.

Shiiiit, I answer the phone when other women call and make it clear I'm talking to or I'm with another female. They never seem to mind, in fact, they seem to appreciate that I don't have anything to hide.

Jealousy game is dangerous past a certain level of investment from the girl, this is where you hear about slashed tires and samurai sword atracks[too lazy to link the article]. I don't play it with girls that know where I live. From open to LTR I just make it clear I have options and am socially calibrated enough to talk to women about anything (or at least that's how I try make it seem). When an old ex texts me I let them know, flirt with cashiers/service lightly, display real social value whenever possible, have places where everyone knows me and treats me well and a social circle tight enough to know not to fuck my game up. It's alot more work on the back end but it'sa better rounded solution than " some girl texted him". Sure it gets their hamster going but the hamster is fickle. You gotta make the road to guide it before you set it loose.

One thing I've been doing lately is making it clear that I have plenty of options, my value is higher than hers, but I choose her. I leverage that into gaining submission from the girl. It makes the girl feel special and greatful when done well. It seems to eliminate that "let me grace you with my presence" bullshit vibe I got from women back when I started game and puts me into a position of authority and adoration which is exactly what I want and need from women. People comment on it and it's almost self perpetuating. Whrn people see a girl is all over you showing all kinds of IOIs that even the most blue pill schlub can't ignore and they see you as a calm masculine and decent man it raises your value to them. Then that raises your value to the girl. Then the real chick crack feels like being with you raises her value just by being with you. It creates a positive feedback loop for just about everyone involved and helps your girl bond with you for real. Ideally if she wasn't chasing before she is that with the right timing. I aim to build that frame after a few weeks, sometimes it works sometimes i fuck it up. Then all you gotta do is deal with haters that are jealous.

It's a lot of responsibility and constant vigilance, but I guess that's what everything worth doing takes.