rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anti-depressant drugs are so addictive that most people cannot quit them

Quote:Quote:

Victoria Toline would hunch over the kitchen table, steady her hands and draw a bead of liquid from a vial with a small dropper. It was a delicate operation that had become a daily routine — extracting ever tinier doses of the antidepressant she had taken for three years, on and off, and was desperately trying to quit.

“Basically that’s all I have been doing — dealing with the dizziness, the confusion, the fatigue, all the symptoms of withdrawal,” said Ms. Toline, 27, of Tacoma, Wash. It took nine months to wean herself from the drug, Zoloft, by taking increasingly smaller doses.

“I couldn’t finish my college degree,” she said. “Only now am I feeling well enough to try to re-enter society and go back to work.”

Long-term use of antidepressants is surging in the United States, according to a new analysis of federal data by The New York Times. Some 15.5 million Americans have been taking the medications for at least five years. The rate has almost doubled since 2010, and more than tripled since 2000.

Nearly 25 million adults, like Ms. Toline, have been on antidepressants for at least two years, a 60 percent increase since 2010.

The drugs have helped millions of people ease depression and anxiety, and are widely regarded as milestones in psychiatric treatment. Many, perhaps most, people stop the medications without significant trouble. But the rise in longtime use is also the result of an unanticipated and growing problem: Many who try to quit say they cannot because of withdrawal symptoms they were never warned about.

https://archive.li/MCuFe

Take a guess which segment of the population is taking more of these drugs...

[Image: attachment.jpg38838]   

White women have been given everything they've asked for in the name of being "happy" and "equal", and yet they are addicted to pharmaceuticals to not feel sad. They will continue to ask for more freebies and "rights" and continue to get hooked on these pills. Society is failing the shit test and women continue to suffer. The only therapy they need are for men to tell them no.

What I'd like to see is a chart comparing stats of today vs. ten, twenty years ago. It's part of the "strong, independent woman" kit. Get 'em between the kitty litter and the cheap cabernet in aisle 5.

My (admittedly, too extensive) personal research shows that scripts are a one-in-four for women in their twenties, and probably a one-in-two for single women pushing 40.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

^ Would be illustrative to differentiate between Women of that age w/ and w/out children.

Even asking the question is such wrongthink that it could never be studied. 100% the pharma company execs know the truth though and advertise accordingly.

Much like how many homosexuals had their first homosexual experience with a significantly older man in a position of power. They weren't all born like that.

In this day and age you can't even ask these kinds of questions in an academic environment.

Its literally common sense. Anyone who takes these and is surprised they are addictive isnt very bright when it comes to health.

Thats why when I was put on them I cold turkey quit them as soon as I could.

All you need to know is the modify they nuero transmitters that your body produces.#1 that doesn't solve the problem at its core and will not heal you. You are not going to be healed once you hop off. #2 just like replacing anything in the body with a synthetic version (ie steroids) your bodies natural ability to produce said thing will be messed up.

No body takes steroids to boost their bodies ability to produce testosterone. Steroids just improve levels while you're on them. If you go Down that route be prepared to be dependent upon them.

Similar thing with corticosteroids. So Many people have auto immune disorders and skin conditions because of corticosteroids.

Fuck big pharma.

Avoid all drugs, whenever possible. Doctors are glorified drug pushers.

To make a long story relatively short, I was born with a lung defect that was probably a form of Bronchopulmonary dysplasia. On top of this, I had a severe case of asthma and was "born wheezing." They thought it might have been cystic fibrosis at first.

A Harvard-educated doctor from Johns Hopkins told me at about age 25 that I was among the worst cases he ever saw. He put me on a high dose of Theophylline. It worked.

After about five years of feeling normal, I asked him "When can I stop taking this?" "Never," he replied.

But since the meds finally allowed me to breathe, I had taken up running. I noticed after a few years that it 1). Drastically increased my lung capacity and 2). Caused the (super thick and gross) mucus in my lungs to be more "transient" (i.e. I could cough it up).

When I told the doc this, he told me I was dreaming. He said that running was probably just spiking my natural adrenaline and I thought it was helping, but it couldn't be. (These back-and-forth arguments between us went on for years.)

But I persisted. And I saw my lung capacity grow more when I measured it on my little "spirometer." I instinctively knew I didn't need to be on meds. Plus, the side effects started getting to me. I was getting headaches and going to the bathroom way too much. So, on Jan. 4, 2003 I decided to just stop taking them period.

(Sidenote: Part of the reason I stopped is that my local pharmacy stopped hiring cute girls. It was an odd, but genuine incentive not to want to pick up my meds anymore.)

Come the evening of Jan. 4, 2003 I waited for trouble. But nothing happened. The next day, I expected to wake up violently wheezing, like when I was a teenager. Didn't happen.

I checked my lungs the next day: Normal. I went running: Still normal. And I continued to be normal. For the first time in my life I was med-free and could breathe.

When I went back to the doc, he hooked me up to a computerized machine that measured all areas of my lungs. Turned out I did, in fact, "normalize" them to a large degree. They'll never be 100 percent because of all the scar tissue. But it's been 15 years and still no meds.

And yet this all happened in a vacuum. There are no "studies" showing this works. The doc said I was a "miracle" and an "anomaly" and should have stayed on meds. Also, lungs get less elastic as you age, so he even said he expected to raise my dose.

But am I that strange? Or did I just beat the odds by using my brain and using the doctor as a "coach" and not a messiah or glorified drug pusher? I wonder how many people live on these meds and don't need to.

If I can get off meds, there is hope for a lot of others. Granted, diabetics and people like that are stuck on meds. But my general feeling is that doctors are generally lazy and would rather write out 'scripts than work with patients on how to avoid pills.

Granted, this has little to do with the topic at hand, but it's a pet subject of mine that's commonly dismissed by the "head meds" crowd who think pills solve things. They can help, but just as often cause other troubles. Maybe it can help someone here, though.

[Image: giphy.gif]

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Hmmmm, highest usage in Baby Boomer women. Also, that group of women happens to have the highest amount of lifetime sexual partners, on average and as a group. I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

The most consistently correlative link in all of sexual statistics is between sexual partner count and drug use. And it is much more pronounced in women than in men. The more men she's been with, the more likely that she's going to be a serious pill popper.

And there is a cruel irony to all of this in that antidepressants are often libido killers. I actually developed an unresearched theory when I was studying all of this that some women who were highly promiscuous stayed on SSRIs and the like specifically because of the libido dampening effects. In a way, they were attempting to keep their marriages intact because they were well aware of their slutty inclinations. It's hard to slut around when you have no sex drive. It kind of killed it for the husbands though. I never could decide if it was noble, sad, or just crazy. In any case, I never wrote a grant proposal because I didn't feel like getting kicked off of university campus by rent-a-cops.

Currently out of office.

Quote: (04-12-2018 12:38 AM)Tiger Man Wrote:  

The most consistently correlative link in all of sexual statistics is between sexual partner count and drug use. And it is much more pronounced in women than in men. The more men she's been with, the more likely that she's going to be a serious pill popper.

I'd be willing to bet that the inverse is true in men: The less women he's been with, the more likely that he's going to be a serious pill popper (and lefty sjw soylent).

Game saves lives.

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Quote: (04-12-2018 01:54 AM)NomadofEU Wrote:  

I'd be willing to bet that the inverse is true in men: The less women he's been with, the more likely that he's going to be a serious pill popper (and lefty sjw soylent).

Game saves lives.

Actually, it's interesting that you point that out. Severe depression (that was causally linked to sexual concerns) is only really seen in two scenarios. In one case, you have individuals who "realize" that they have had sex with too many people. This group is populated almost entirely by women. Although, there is a small group of men who reported having sex with many, many women (think 100s or 1000s), that also reported severe psychological disturbance as a result. The second group are involuntary virgins (beyond a certain age). Until recently, involuntary virginity was a domain solely dominated by men. It almost did not exist for women, but that has been changing over the past few years. In any case, your assessment is more or less accurate. Extremely promiscuous women are often psychologically disturbed. Having one or a handful of lifetime sexual partners seems to "save" men from psychological disturbance.

Currently out of office.

Jesus, nearly 1 in 7 white women over 45 are on antidepressants.

What a mine field dealing with white women over 45. I couldn't imagine being a guy in his 50's dating these women. Once you filter out the married ones, the remaining single ones are probably closer to half being on antidepressants.

You can add pain killers in with this too making all the stats much higher. A family member recently was given Tramadol to help with back pain. A few months later they got a stomach bug which meant for a while they couldn't hold anything down for a few days and therefore went cold turkey. After a few days they were very depressed and having some very dark thoughts. A quick bit of research showed that the half life of the drug was quite short so after 4 days they were through the lowest point and therefore would be getting better day by day from then. All back to normal around 30 days later.

The research showed many people addicted and having to take very large doses just to get through the day. The solution to avoiding the cold turkey was to either gradually wind down over many months or swap that pill for an anti depressant.

Personally, I blame two things, one the doctors for not making people fully aware of how addictive these things are and two many people now believing that everything can be solved with a pill.

[Image: 0bHhFIQ.jpg]

Attached pic is the Ms. Toline from the NYT article. She is exhibit A of the washed up post wall white female.
  1. Thousand cock stare. Check
  2. Cat. Check.
  3. Toe ring. Check. Wearing that isn't gonna make her more attractive or interesting. It only signals that her desire for attention.
“Most people are put on these drugs in primary care, after a very brief visit and without clear symptoms of clinical depression,” said Dr. Allen Frances, a professor emeritus of psychiatry at Duke University. “Usually there’s improvement, and often it’s based on the passage of time or placebo effect."

Doctors are treating people like cattle. You spend all your money and time getting an appointment setup only to wait around for hours, then a nurse takes vitals and some brief medical history, then you wait again before you see the doctor for 5 min. You're lucky if the doctor looks you in the eyes and asks your name. A quick diagnosis is made or a string of labs/tests are ordered. Better hope your insurance is covering that.

Once the ordeal is over you walk away with a prescription for expensive drugs you don't understand. An unsettling feeling comes over as you go home when you realize that you still don't know what's wrong with you but better take those pills anyway.

I thought 1 was about her nose...

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Antidepressants should not even exist in my opinion.

There are very good documentaries out there which clearly show the negative effects of those meds.

And the funny thing is that almost all depressions can be cured (at least the physiological part) with:

+ high-dosage multivitamin mineral
+ l-tryptophan at doses fo 500-2000mg
+ vitamin D3 at doses of 5000IU or enough sunlight
+ vitamin K2 extra if you take daily D3

http://www.doctoryourself.com/depression.html

That's it. In most cases it takes 2-3 days for the person to feel better.

If have recommended it to a few folk and they responded the same way - one in a deep depression (took 3 days to feel better) and the other had even schizophrenia (the other meds may be moderately useful, but additional antidepressants are not).

The first person with the severe depression later said that it is impossible that supplements could have worked so fast and so well, when it takes the far more superior and "scientifically peer-reviewed" antidepressants a few weeks and they are less effective. She talked with doctors and they assured her that it must be psychosomatic. Well - except I have the info from other doctors too and they have thousands of results across the last decades.

The problem is of course that my solution above cannot be patented and costs a few dollars per month while the other is patent-friendly and kills off the useless eaters quicker anyway (most of those drugs have tremendous side-effects that certainly will give you an earlier death).

That mostly childless women would go for it is no surprise - they are the unhappiest demographic past 40. My guess is also that many divorced single mothers are also among that bunch. Feminism and girl-power is great for any woman below 30.

And then when they hit the low, then the for-profit-depopulating-pension-saving globalist medical system will recommend them antidepressants since alternative decent doctors like orthomolecular ones are rare. Then they are hooked on the drugs and it gets even worse.

They avoid calling it "withdrawal" by calling it "discontinuation syndrome" but it's the same thing. People who have quit both heroin and Effexor say Effexor was worse.

I would say 80-90% of all people use something, the average person I meet spends more money on drugs than food.

Alcohol (probably 60-70% drink on a regular basis)
Weed (probably around 30-40%) (Soccer Moms)
Cocaine/MDMA (20%) (youd be surprised how many upper middle class people use)
Heroin/Crack/Meth (10%)
Ambien/Valium (5%)

And i forgot to mention
Anxiety Pills (Klonopin, Xanax), Painkillers (Vicodin, Oxycodone) - probably half of all people are on these. The funny thing is, Adderall mostly used to be popular with college kids, now all the drug dealers in the hood sell it. Besides EBT Food Stamps, most people in the hood are on Medicaid which allows them to get a free monthly supply.

With women stuck in low wage jobs they get their party drugs by trading sex - and not necessarily with big time dealers. Ive met alot of junkie/borderline homeless looking guys whomanage to get laid regular somply by middle manning deals. Girls that work retail jobs, clerks, cashiers.

Quote: (04-12-2018 09:42 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

There are very good documentaries out there which clearly show the negative effects of those meds.

And the funny thing is that almost all depressions can be cured (at least the physiological part) with:

If have recommended it to a few folk and they responded the same way - one in a deep depression (took 3 days to feel better) and the other had even schizophrenia (the other meds may be moderately useful, but additional antidepressants are not).

The first person with the severe depression later said that it is impossible that supplements could have worked so fast and so well, when it takes the far more superior and "scientifically peer-reviewed" antidepressants a few weeks and they are less effective. She talked with doctors and they assured her that it must be psychosomatic. Well - except I have the info from other doctors too and they have thousands of results across the last decades.

The problem is of course that my solution above cannot be patented and costs a few dollars per month while the other is patent-friendly and kills off the useless eaters quicker anyway (most of those drugs have tremendous side-effects that certainly will give you an earlier death).

That mostly childless women would go for it is no surprise - they are the unhappiest demographic past 40. My guess is also that many divorced single mothers are also among that bunch. Feminism and girl-power is great for any woman below 30.

And then when they hit the low, then the for-profit-depopulating-pension-saving globalist medical system will recommend them antidepressants since alternative decent doctors like orthomolecular ones are rare. Then they are hooked on the drugs and it gets even worse.

I've heard mixed things about vitamins. Some people say the work wonders; others say they get pissed right out of your body. Since I already establised in my above post that doctors can be oblivious, I think it depends on the person whether to take them or now.

But I do know Broccoli and carrots in high doses provide you will all sorts of benefits. Broccoli is the only know food that aids with cell repair. I've eaten it almost every for twenty years in some form.

I can't figure out why old white women are more dependent on antidepressants longer than old minority women. Perhaps it's a cultural thing and white women cannot cope with stress the way ethnic minority women can? Maybe white women generally live comfortable sheltered lives in their early years but cannot cope when the situation changes with old age? I just know they'd be happier had they lived inside white Sharia laws from cradle to grave.

Quote: (04-12-2018 03:36 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  

I can't figure out why old white women are more dependent on antidepressants longer than old minority women. Perhaps it's a cultural thing and white women cannot cope with stress the way ethnic minority women can? Maybe white women generally live comfortable sheltered lives in their early years but cannot cope when the situation changes with old age? I just know they'd be happier had they lived inside white Sharia laws from cradle to grave.

Whites have had their communities and extended families destroyed over the past few generations, whereas minorities are more likely to be immigrants with their social structures intact.
I would imagine that a lot of this "depression" would be solved if they had grandkids to fawn over, or a church group to gossip at, or big family dinners to plan. It's likely mostly social isolation.

Because today's white women have been pumped up and catered to since birth. Think about it: the pussy pass applies to white women, not blacks or hispanics. They have been given everything they have asked for - such as college educations and white collar jobs - and are still unhappy because they don't have what they actually need. That, and and so many are fat now, they can't handle no longer being represented in the media as beautiful/hot. No more free self esteem so they can't help but crumble (and fight for fat acceptance). Final reason, better health insurance than other women.

I live in Mexico where you can buy antidepressants without a prescription. I buy generic Duloxetina in pill form and divide each 60 mg pill into 4 sections, which is 15 mg a piece. It costs me about $5 a month and sets a floor on my mood without any other side effects. The key is that I am taking a low dosage. Doctors won't take the time to figure out the appropriate dosage for somebody's body so they tend to prescribe too much. I use to be against all drugs, but after extensive research realized the importance of chemistry to the brain and there is such a thing as a neurochemical imbalance which may have a genetic component. I don't take any drugs for recreation, including alcohol.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (04-12-2018 03:35 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

I've heard mixed things about vitamins. Some people say the work wonders; others say they get pissed right out of your body. Since I already establised in my above post that doctors can be oblivious, I think it depends on the person whether to take them or now.

But I do know Broccoli and carrots in high doses provide you will all sorts of benefits. Broccoli is the only know food that aids with cell repair. I've eaten it almost every for twenty years in some form.

If this was true, wouldn't you just "piss out" antidepressants?

Quote: (04-12-2018 03:39 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Whites have had their communities and extended families destroyed over the past few generations, whereas minorities are more likely to be immigrants with their social structures intact.
I would imagine that a lot of this "depression" would be solved if they had grandkids to fawn over, or a church group to gossip at, or big family dinners to plan. It's likely mostly social isolation.

This is false. In the American experience, it was African-Americans who had their communities gutted first. What we see happening in White American communities is the same plan that was done onto African-American communities decades prior.

The drugs
The Female "Empowerment --> to then --> Female dissolution with oneself
The male disfranchisement
Break-up of the nuclear family
Break up of the community

All is a repeat record here. Nothing is new we see here.

Where did this trope of the "crazy black woman" come from? In decades prior there was no such thing as SSRIs and happy pills aside from straight up Amphetamines type pills.

One could argue that a legion of hysterical women within that community dominated the fold during the period of destruction and decline leading to the trope. Communities of crazed women with no father figures all quickly descended into anarchy for the youth who had to grow up and endure the conditions.

History is important as it provides lots of context to what is at play today. Many lessons can be learned from the first war on the family and men done prior to the African-American community.

Quote: (04-12-2018 04:59 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (04-12-2018 03:35 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

If this was true, wouldn't you just "piss out" antidepressants?

No, because they have chemicals that interact with your brain, not just distilled vitamins, which your body interprets as unnecessary.

But...I am not a chemist or a pharmacist. This is just what I've heard and read in various places. I reserve the right to be wrong -- or even slightly off the mark. I'll defer to someone with a degree in biology (or more) about this.

The increasing number of depression diagnoses is explained by how stressful modern life is: we as a species have been living in a modern industrialized society only for about 8 or 10 generations after 10 thousands years as farmers and 300 thousands years as hunter-gatherers. Our brain is not fully adapted to it and the cumulated stress over time can lead to mood disorders.
This guy Stephen Ilardi pointed out how depression is a disease of civilization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drv3BP0Fdi8
His advices seem just palliatives to me though.