rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hair thinning?

Hair thinning?

I'll be 22 soon, I noticed my hair seems to be getting thinner.

It's not noticeable unless I move my hands through it. Nothing looks patchy in other words. However, a few months ago I also noticed my hairline seemed to be slightly further back than it used to be, but didn't think much of it.

Should I just shave my head bald or is there something causing it to be thinning?

Hair thinning?

Quote: (04-07-2018 11:16 PM)Coffee Wrote:  

I'll be 22 soon, I noticed my hair seems to be getting thinner.

It's not noticeable unless I move my hands through it. Nothing looks patchy in other words. However, a few months ago I also noticed my hairline seemed to be slightly further back than it used to be, but didn't think much of it.

Should I just shave my head bald or is there something causing it to be thinning?

Hair loss is primarily caused by DHT, which binds to the hair follicle and stops it from growing hair. It is almost purely genetics which determines the extent to which it affects you.

If you are a Norwood 2 or less (see here) then you're good, otherwise might want to shave your head or investigate medicine, since you're way too young for a transplant.

The only things that help are Finasteride, Minoxidil and Ketoconazole.

Hair thinning?

A years supply of generic Costco rogain goes for $45. I've been using it and have noticed an improvement.

Hair thinning?

I know guys who were completely bald by 22. Once you hit that level just shave it all off and own it.

I'm the opposite. I have a full head of hair but can't grow facial hair to save my life. If I don't shave for a week I look like a pedophile.

You can't control genetics. Gotta play the cards we're dealt.

Hair thinning?

Start using minoxidil (it’s cheap on eBay) and start saving for a fue hair transplant, unless you don’t mind shaving your head.

Hair thinning?

I'm 38, and have been thinning slowly for about 10 years. There are some hair powders that add volume to your hair, cover up the thinning. You just have to comb it all through your hair in the morning which takes an extra minute or two. I would buy one of those for the time being.

Also agree with the idea of owning it, the guys who lost their hair really young, I can't even remember when they had hair and they owned it.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Hair thinning?

I'm 24 and mostly bald. I lost most of my hair from 23-24.

Just shave it and own it once people start calling you out on it. I did the Minoxidil and stuff for a few years leading up to the baldness, but it gave me dandruff and made my hair disgusting. It also gives you a weaker mindset too. You put this disgusting chemical in your hair to qualify yourself towards women.

Eff that.

In my experience, girls don't care about looks on guys as much as we care about looks on girls.

Hair thinning?

Just got my hair cut short, looks a lot better as of now. I was told that hair naturally thins a bit in your early 20s and what not. As of right now I'm going to play it safe and see how things look within the next few months before I try any supplements. If worse comes to worse though, I wouldn't mind shaving it all off.

With that said though, my hair was getting a bit longer than it should, which I think made it look like from my perspective that it was getting thinner than it actually was. That's not to say that its perfectly fine either. Anyone I showed or asked said they didn't think I was balding or said they didn't notice if I was. However, I know my own body better than them, so I'm only taking their words into mind to some extent.

As of now, getting the hair cut short again seems to have helped dramatically for whatever reason. Also looking into using some sort of all natural shampoo from now on.

Thanks to all of you who left words of advice, I'll be checking back in this thread from time to time and keep everything said in mind.

Hair thinning?

Caffeine should be mentioned for those who have hair that isn't worth minoxidil or finasteride, yet want to take action.

From: http://www.livestrong.com/article/504365...e-on-hair/

"As a result, caffeine might help to restore hair growth, or prevent abnormal hair loss. However, the clinical effects of caffeine on promoting hair growth have not yet been thoroughly investigated." and "There are several ways to expose your hair follicles to caffeine, to potentially stimulate hair growth. Caffeine consumed via food and beverages enters your bloodstream, and eventually reaches your hair follicles. In addition, your hair follicles can absorb caffeine directly via topical application of caffeine-enriched shampoo, according to a study published in "Skin Pharmacology and Physiology" in 2007."

In my opinion, using caffeine shampoo is a relatively easy and cheap way to give you some peace of mind (if your hair is already decent).