rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The virtues of a bread machine

I don't even know how I found out that there were devices that made bread, but it was an incredible day, the day I found out... I am all about making fresh food, with natural ingredients, but bread presents a particular difficulty because it takes multiple hours (at least four, with a lot of effort)... A bread machine makes everything easier--it's simple; you put everything in the bread machine, and 3-4 hours later you have a fresh loaf of bread.

I saw roosh's post a year or so ago about the bread machine ( thread-59555.html ), and I was like, "how lame is that? talking about a bread machine..." but he was completely on point. It will change your life--maybe this is hyperbole, but it will change the way you do things for sure. Granted, I don't make a loaf of bread daily, but I always have enough to get me through day-to-day. I make fresh bread 2-3 times a week, using a 2 lb. loaf, which is a decent amount. You literally put the stuff in the bread machine, and four hrs later you have a loaf of fresh bread with no preservatives.

We all have to eat bread, basically, but a bread machine will make your life better, with much fresher bread, and much less synthetic chemicals as well.

And store bought bread has preservatives and High Fructose Corn Syrup in it, which I consider to be the root cause for fatness in this country.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Yeah the preservatives are gross.

I also bought a used bread maker from a goodwill store. It cost me I think $20 - and it works great. The hot fresh bread comes out like magic and my place smells like a bakery. This is a valuable tip from Roosh.

Next tip from me - is also buy a home Ice cream maker.

Make your own ice cream using good ingredients. I make non diary ice cream using coconut milk.

I also bought a used ice cream maker for $10 from a Goodwill store - and it works magic. It is non electric and you stir the ingredients by hand which is easy to do. I prefer that than the electric ice cream makers. It make amazing ice cream.

The ice cream from the stores is garbage and harmful to your health.

Rice cooker

Not just for rice, but oatmeal, quinoa, etc

Can cook it anytime, stays fresh and hot for a few days in it

Or for that matter a pressure cooker. Those things are damn useful.

Those who bought these, how often do you use them, really?

I use 2-3 times a week. Takes 10 minutes or less to throw everything in.

I have a bread maker, but using it to actually make the bread gets a loaf I'm not real fond of.

I've read online that the fault is with the flour - the flour here in Spain isn't great for bread. You can get "bread" flour, but not in decent quantities. Haven't sorted it yet.

So, my fallback is a bit more labor intensive - get the machine to do the dough, then dump it out and let it rise another hour before dumping it in a bread pan to bake in the oven.

That said, it's also fantastic for pizza and pasta dough. Love the thing. I'll use it more once I'm out in the countryside with no nearby stores.

Quote: (04-08-2018 09:47 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Real question here but what do you use a pressure cooker for? When most things can be cooked on a stove by steaming or boiling in also a short time. Is the pressure cooker work worth the cost and storing it - especially if your kitchen is a bit small?

Well the pressure cooker cooks everything faster, so that's the primary appeal.

Bought one of these off amazon.
I got one by Hamilton Beach (A brand I like 'cause they make great juicers) for 40$ or so. Bed bath and beyond wanted 5 times that.
If it turns out that I don't like it, eh, 40$. Who cares.

By the way, one of Roosh's recent videos was about using a bread machine:

thread-59555.html

I'm going to dig up some of the recipes I've used and liked before, the trick to making bread easy from scratch is to put all the ingredients into a ziplock bag and stick it in the fridge until it's go time. Leave out all the liquids, butter and yeast, but the rest goes in the bag, and I make multiple bags at once for maximum convenience.

Here's the #1 result returned for "bread machine recipe"
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/thro...ead-339905

Basics for any bread machine recipe are the following:
1. All liquids go in first, and use a thermometer to make sure the temperature is EXACTLY right so you don't kill the yeast
2. Put the other ingredients in next on top of the water, make a small well in the center for the yeast.
3. Four slices of butter, one in each of the four corners of the tub.

Also I like to use Milk instead of water if possible in the recipe.

https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/bread...chine.html

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/butt...ine-110111

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Half the reason I got it was because Roosh's "I took the bread pill" pun was my favorite joke of 2016.

Oh my god that was the best bread I've ever had.

Quote: (04-11-2018 05:10 AM)Bain Wrote:  

Quote: (04-08-2018 09:47 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Real question here but what do you use a pressure cooker for? When most things can be cooked on a stove by steaming or boiling in also a short time. Is the pressure cooker work worth the cost and storing it - especially if your kitchen is a bit small?

In my kitchen, the pressure cooker is only second to my cast iron pan. Seriously, a a cheap cut of any red meat, a few onions, garlic, & herbs with a cup or so of red wine and in 50 minutes people will think they are eating a 5 star plate.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Can you drop a recipe for that? I mean I know it sounds simple but like in practice, how would you do that?

Quote: (04-16-2018 09:26 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Can you drop a recipe for that? I mean I know it sounds simple but like in practice, how would you do that?

Sure thing, I will do it in the Chefs Lounge.
Pressure Cooker Rosemary Lamb Shanks

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Damn, that sounds amazing. I'll be on the lookout for a pressure cooker. Repped.

You know anything good to make in a bread machine?

How many parts have to be removed from the bread machine to be cleaned after use and is it a pain (i.e. as bad as if you were baking bread manually)? Is there such a thing as a self-cleaning bread machine?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

You have to clean the (1-2) paddles that mix the bread as well as the non stick pan. It's very little work.

I too have started using a bread machine, have been using it for about 4 months or so. Initial idea to try this out came from roosh's video. Now I have a standardized procedure for making 100% whole wheat bread.

I go for amounts corresponding to a 1.5 lb loaf (14-15 slices) but use my own measurements, arrived at with help/tips from some youtube videos and some trial and error. I use the Breadman machine I bought from Target.

I have a bread machine but have not used it since losing about 70lb on the Ketogenic diet. I don't eat bread or any starches anymore.

Does anyone have a low carb/keto bread recipe that works well in a bread maker machine??

Quote: (04-08-2018 05:24 AM)Bain Wrote:  

[/b]Make your own ice cream using good ingredients. I make non diary ice cream using coconut milk.
[b]

Ever tried using just a blender?
I freeze bananas, strawberries and other fruit and then when I want ice cream I peel the frozen banana carefully, toss in frozen fruits, handful of ice cubes and either almond/flax milk(2cups) and sometimes peanut butter.

Blip the 'CHOP' setting a few times and then 'liquefy' for a few seconds more and voila...homemade healthy ice cream. Granted it's not as "hard" as store bought ice cream but you could always stick it back in the fridge til its almost frozen again.

Quote: (04-18-2018 03:58 AM)Guitarman Wrote:  

I have a bread machine but have not used it since losing about 70lb on the Ketogenic diet. I don't eat bread or any starches anymore.

Does anyone have a low carb/keto bread recipe that works well in a bread maker machine??

I don't know anything about Bread or Bread Machines, just came across this comment and wanted to say:

CONGRATULATIONS BRO!

Awesome accomplishment, keep it up!
If you need an accountability partner, PM me.
Fitness and health is a major part of my life, would enjoy the opportunity to help keep you on the ball for the long haul.