rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Books on Game most people aren't up on

As I look as some of the post I notice here I see some, somewhat limiting ideas being broadcasted here, especially as it pertains to interracial game. I'd figure I'd hit you with a few books that I feel could help with some of those ideas big time. Here's two I've read already:

Black Players- Christina and Richard Milner

[Image: 435908.jpg]

This is a indepth study of of a pimp subculture in the Bay area around late 60-early 70s. This probably thee most objective book on the pimp game you can find. Some really good game!

The Pimp Game: An Instructional Guide- Mickey Royal

[Image: 9780970058706.jpg]
This one puts a new frame on machiavellian line thought, but it's just a little more exact and sinister. It will challenge the whole way you look a yourself and game general. Put it like this: it was banned from Amazon[Image: exclamation.gif]
So check them both out!

I'm not entirely sure if this counts as "most people aren't up on", but I definitely recommend "Get laid or die trying" by Jeff Allen (that's Jeffy from Real Social Dynamics).

This shit is about Jeffy's personal journey in PU, and it reads like a mad sequel to "The Game". To most people, "The Game" is already over the top, but this stuff is over the top times three - the funniest and most hillarious literature you will ever come across gamewise!

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Quote: (09-20-2011 05:11 PM)Dr Feelgood Wrote:  

I'm not entirely sure if this counts as "most people aren't up on", but I definitely recommend "Get laid or die trying" by Jeff Allen (that's Jeffy from Real Social Dynamics).

This shit is about Jeffy's personal journey in PU, and it reads like a mad sequel to "The Game". To most people, "The Game" is already over the top, but this stuff is over the top times three - the funniest and most hillarious literature you will ever come across gamewise!

Yeah, but is there anything in that book that would actually help a guy improve his game (tactics, routines, advice, etc.), or is it simply an entertaining story?

I enjoyed reading "The Game", as it was cool to hear about some of the origins of the "pua community", however I'd say I learned very little that could actually help my game in real life, unlike Bang, which helped me go from ultimate AFC to a guy who could get laid, dates, girlfriends, etc.

I've read/reading quite a few game books, was thinking of posting a guide/review on books at some point.

Interesting books

I'd be reluctant to assume a book that is more historical (black players in the 60s) has immense bearing on the modern world.

First off, the drugs were a lot stronger back then by all accounts I have heard. That makes a radical difference for both male and female parties.

Second, it was the height of the civil rights movement and the height of the sexual revolution. Sometimes society gets caught in a perfect scenario and things just work out for a lot people. Ask anyone who was in a big tech company in 1992. Some scenarios aren't possible to reproduce.

Third, it predates AIDS. AIDS did a lot to fuck up society.

Just sayin . . . an interesting read is not of necessity a manual.

"Pimpology" by Pimpin' Ken.

The Mack Within by Tariq "King Flex" Nasheed
This came out around 2005 I think.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote: (09-20-2011 11:54 PM)azulsombra Wrote:  

The Mack Within by Tariq "King Flex" Nasheed
This came out around 2005 I think.

+1 This was a good one, I was going to mention this book, good inner game stuff, and female mindsets.

Quote: (09-20-2011 06:22 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-20-2011 05:11 PM)Dr Feelgood Wrote:  

Yeah, but is there anything in that book that would actually help a guy improve his game (tactics, routines, advice, etc.), or is it simply an entertaining story?

I enjoyed reading "The Game", as it was cool to hear about some of the origins of the "pua community", however I'd say I learned very little that could actually help my game in real life, unlike Bang, which helped me go from ultimate AFC to a guy who could get laid, dates, girlfriends, etc.

I've read/reading quite a few game books, was thinking of posting a guide/review on books at some point.

In that regards, it's pretty much like The Game: Entertaining above all, and leads you into a crooked mind, maybe opens up a new world for you, but learning is definitely not the main purpose you should buy it for.

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Pretty much anything Tariq is hot fire.

I went to his lecture when he came to Miami a few months ago and he spat "Dylan hot fire" for two hours.

I got the dvd for a friend who couldn't make it, you can peep it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JTU1YIRB

Quote: (09-20-2011 10:41 PM)mycleverid Wrote:  

I'd be reluctant to assume a book that is more historical (black players in the 60s) has immense bearing on the modern world.

You couldn't be more wrong. Infact I'll argue that Black Players just as relevant today as the Neil Strauss's The Game. It's the overall philosophy of the male/female dynamic and the way the game is articulated makes this book superior. And the glossary in the back of the book reflects its relevancy. Many of the terms use in the book 40 years ago have just come into use by mainstream America in recent years.. Althought I wouldn't encourage you to attempt to become a pimp, will say I find much of their philosophy less diluted than that of the PUA. Infact some of the parallels you'll find in Black Players suggest to me the that some early PUA's may have drawn heavily from the pimp subculture. The book also dispells many of the myths about how pimps operate for e.g., many people think use drug to "catch". But Pimps don't use let there girls drugs because an addict will pay her dealers not her pimp.
Quote:Quote:

First off, the drugs were a lot stronger back then by all accounts I have heard. That makes a radical difference for both male and female parties.

Second, it was the height of the civil rights movement and the height of the sexual revolution. Sometimes society gets caught in a perfect scenario and things just work out for a lot people. Ask anyone who was in a big tech company in 1992. Some scenarios aren't possible to reproduce.

[/quote]

The how do you account for the fact that the "The Life" is alive well today? Times have changes NOT the behavior of men and women (in fact there is much more whorish behavior from "average" women today than back then even with the increases in STD's). Again this Book is not about how to get crazy all time sex per se. Keep this in mind Black players not a 40 year old book on tactics, openers and routines, but it's a book that will totally change you understanding of the male/female dynamic and what can actually be possible with the correct mindset. I Think the problem with books like "The Game" and Adam Lyons "Diary of a AFC" is at the end of the book they revert back to the mindset that got the frustrated in the first place. This wouldn't happen to a true Mack. Black Players is bigger than what you thinking and that's why it's such a good read 40 years later. That's why the book still goes for around 100 bucks! That's why it's a book on game that most guys aren't up on!

Quote: (09-21-2011 01:38 PM)The Lesser Evil Wrote:  

Black Players is bigger than what you thinking and that's why it's such a good read 40 years later. That's why the book still goes for around 100 bucks! That's why it's a book on game that most guys aren't up on![/b]

Actually Tariq bought the rights to the book and re-published it.

It's $27 now.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Players-Secr...ap_title_0

Most of what we consider game is mirroring black male behavior. Whites are a couple of decades behind blacks males when it comes to proper treatment of women.

Quote: (09-21-2011 01:47 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Most of what we consider game is mirroring black male behavior. Whites are a couple of decades behind blacks males when it comes to proper treatment of women.

This is the heart of Black Guy Game:

Aggressiveness.

Here are two others I haven't read yet but plan to.

American Pimp- Rosebudd Bitterdose

[Image: 43716125.JPG]

On the website I've checked out some of the audio book excerpts and they are out of this world. I've heard many good things about the book.

Original Game: Interview with an Old School Player -Darryel Woodson

[Image: originalgamelg.jpg]

I don't know much about this one, but I plan to read it.

Quote: (09-21-2011 01:38 PM)The Lesser Evil Wrote:  

You couldn't be more wrong. Infact I'll argue that Black Players just as relevant today as the Neil Strauss's The Game. It's the overall philosophy of the male/female dynamic and the way the game is articulated makes this book superior. And the glossary in the back of the book reflects its relevancy. Many of the terms use in the book 40 years ago have just come into use by mainstream America in recent years.. Althought I wouldn't encourage you to attempt to become a pimp, will say I find much of their philosophy less diluted than that of the PUA. Infact some of the parallels you'll find in Black Players suggest to me the that some early PUA's may have drawn heavily from the pimp subculture. The book also dispells many of the myths about how pimps operate for e.g., many people think use drug to "catch". But Pimps don't use let there girls drugs because an addict will pay her dealers not her pimp.
Quote:Quote:

The how do you account for the fact that the "The Life" is alive well today? Times have changes NOT the behavior of men and women (in fact there is much more whorish behavior from "average" women today than back then even with the increases in STD's). Again this Book is not about how to get crazy all time sex per se. Keep this in mind Black players not a 40 year old book on tactics, openers and routines, but it's a book that will totally change you understanding of the male/female dynamic and what can actually be possible with the correct mindset. I Think the problem with books like "The Game" and Adam Lyons "Diary of a AFC" is at the end of the book they revert back to the mindset that got the frustrated in the first place. This wouldn't happen to a true Mack. Black Players is bigger than what you thinking and that's why it's such a good read 40 years later. That's why the book still goes for around 100 bucks! That's why it's a book on game that most guys aren't up on!
[/quote]

I speed read the book. It's available in my library. I took a few notes from it.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (09-21-2011 01:57 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Aggressiveness.

Aggression is good, but "get over here girl", is thirsty aggression.

Ray J is famous, so really he doesn't even have to have game. Bitches will fuck him "just cuz". For the purpose of this video, I don't think he was really being serious.

Black men who fuck all types of women have a smoothness that women just dig.

You can be emotionally, mentally aggressive, but save the physical aggression for after you've sweet talked the panties off her, and she's holding onto the sides of the bed thinking to herself "dear God, what am I doing, shit there's no way I can stop myself from doing this again."

Quote: (09-21-2011 01:57 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Quote: (09-21-2011 01:47 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Aggressiveness.

It's not a Black guy vs. White guy thing at all. It's just about getting a panoramic view of things. Sometimes good information comes from sources we tend to think are not worth investigating. I think White guys as well as Black give develop this panoramic view of the game. But especially the brothers should take heed because so much of this can feel like an uphill battle... and there are a lot of haters out there (a lot of subtle things people try to say and do to bring you down a notch). But good get foundation you will feel more confident not matter what.

Pea cocking - black guys have always dressed flamboyantly, almost to the point of looking gay.

Inner game - black guys are way more confident than white guys.

Pedestaling - never been a problem with brothers.

One disturbing trend I've seen at game blogs is the inter-relationship between game and white nationalism. Look, peckerwoods, all most of you are doing is trying to mimic blacks. Spare the hate.

Incidentally, blacks have you guys beaten in other ways, too. When's the last time a girl sent you regular checks, and took YOU shopping for fly gear?

Exactly.

Stop hating, and stop being racist fucks.

These books will blow your fucking mind!

They will expose you to a world that you probably didnt even know existed. A world were young girls are literally trained to be sex slaves. They are brainwashed from a young age to believe that their #1 purpose in life is to serve their man. Women are commodities.

You think PUA's are good at manipulating a womans mind? Shit, the average pimp probably understands a womens true nature greater then the average PUA.

These books breakdown on male-female dynamics in the most raw evolutionary sense.

These books are probably more relavant to Game then 90% of PUA stuff.

Most people have no idea how deep the the rabbit hole goes.

Women can be trained, if you control their environment.

The Mormons made a religon out of it.

Charles Manson had hoes kill for him.

Mainstream society will never admit this, but most women want to follow a leader.

Not that I advocate pimpin, I don't, 90% of pimp/ho careers have a unhappy ending.

The pimp who makes enough money to retire in Costa Rica is mostly a myth. Nowdays, pimps are killing each other over hoes.

Be careful playing with fire.

[Image: 5162VPP4NQL._SS500_.jpg]

I'd like to read this one buy I'm not paying 250.000 bucks for it. If any has read this one book or know anything about the author let me know.

So if I were to order/read only one or two of these "pimp" books, which ones are the very best, so far it seems like we've got a handful recommended...?

Anyone read Iceburg Slim's autobiography "Pimp: The Story of My Life"?

http://www.amazon.com/Pimp-Story-Life-Ic...=pd_sim_b8

It looks like the most reviewed/highest rated of all the books in the "pimp" subgenre, also anything a person could get out of it that they could use to upgrade their game?

Slim's autobiography is a pretty good read (funny, it's written as a cautionary tale but we all pick it up to glean some pimp knowledge.) I'd also suggest going over to http://www.therawness.com and checking out T's dissection and analysis of a few key scenes in the narrative.

Quote: (09-21-2011 02:19 PM)The Lesser Evil Wrote:  

Here are two others I haven't read yet but plan to.

American Pimp- Rosebudd Bitterdose

On the website I've checked out some of the audio book excerpts and they are out of this world. I've heard many good things about the book.

Original Game: Interview with an Old School Player -Darryel Woodson

I don't know much about this one, but I plan to read it.

Rosebudd's book is 100% worth the money. Similar to Pimpin' Ken's "Pimpology" he starts the book with a list of principles that he pimped by. I swear they read exactly like some PUA manual.