rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US or SEA?

US or SEA?

Hi guys, so me and a friend of mine got each 6000$ and 2-3 months of time to travel.
Because its been hyped so much here i was thinking of visiting SEA, but he also wants to see the US because he enjoyed it back then when he was there. (I've never been in any of those places)

So, obviously SEA is a ton cheaper but also more "boring" in terms of variety in what you can do. (correct me if im wrong)

Would you recommend going to SEA, getting a high level apartment and just live everyday life or would it just be too damn boring? Are there areas in SEA where you can actually have a nice beach close by that isn't infested by tourists and locals that just hunt cash?

I'm not gonna talk a lot about my buddy now because I mainly get this info for myself now.
I'm mid 20 and looking super scandinavian, blond hair, red beard, blue eyes, forehead of a warrior [Image: huh.gif] . Pretty open minded (artist), not extroverted but once i talk to someone i can easily get a good conversation going. I do not like girls that are too easy to get, but i also do not want to play endless games.
Lookswise i prefer Asian-Mix but im also a booblover (the bigger the better [Image: banana.gif])

Please just let me know if you would recommend the US or SEA, and which places in general would be worth to visit over that timeframe. Keep in mind that we do not have any social circle in any places right now, so we would start from 0.

Share your wisdom with me!

Cheers!

US or SEA?

Most people here would say SEA, but seem you don’t like heavily touristic places or easy to get, semi pros, I think you’d enjoy the US more. As a young mid 20’s guy, SEA will always be there when you get older but it’s only going to get harder to game young western girls as you age. I’ve done SEA a few times as an early/mid 20s guy and although it’s a lot of fun for a week or two, you’ll get bored of banging the same type of sluts and annoyed at a lot of the inconveniences if you stay for 3 months.

US or SEA?

The US and Southeast Asia are both vast areas with a lot of differences between their regions, so it really depends on where in the US, or where in SEA you’ll be. It also depends on what your priorities are on this trip. Travel? Women? Good mix of both? If you’re going for a balance between travel and women I’d take SEA over the US, but not by much.

It also depends on how out of your comfort zone you’re willing to go. Seeing as you’re from a Western country, while there are plenty of awesome sights to see all over the US, it’s not like the culture will be drastically different there than where you’re from. Girls will obviously be more difficult in the US, but you’ll get a greater variety of them, and the average chick you see on the street will be of higher quality than what you’ll see in SEA.

If you have no problem experiencing a completely different world from what you’re used to though (I’m talking third world vs first world) then SEA is for you. Your value as a white guy with decent game there has been covered ad nauseum on this forum, and your money will obviously go a lot farther there (staying in baller pads all over SEA versus budget accommodation in the US). I personally think tourist sights in SEA aren’t as cool as in the US on their own, but combined with the ease of women there and the fact that you’re just in a completely different environment from what you’re used to, I think SEA takes the cake. Wherever you decide though, definitely do some more research beforehand to see which locations you should spend more and less time in. Both the US and SEA have some shitty hellholes that I would never spend more than a day or two in.

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!

US or SEA?

SEA because your budget is too low for the US but very decent for SEA countries. If you like American chicks with big boobs, there are plenty of them in SEA too. Land in BKK and take it from there. You don't even need to plan your trip in advance. Bounce around Thailand on a one month visa-free stamp, then decide where to go next, maybe come back to Thailand after checking out other countries. If you are more interested in tourist girls than locals, then focus more on party islands (e.g. Phuket, Phi Phi, Samui, Ko Pangan in Thailand, Bali in Indonesia, Boracay in Phils) as opposed to big cities that many RVFers prefer because they are the best to get laid with local girls (e.g. Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta).

US or SEA?

A couple of other things that you mentioned will help narrow down your selection. You say you want a nice beach, normal girls not hookers, also to quickly build a social/party circle from 0.

SE Asia is the best place if you want to start from 0 and build a circle of friends and girls. How close you'll become and how long these friendships and mini-relationships will last is a different question, but for partying and having fun you can't go wrong with SEA.

Nice beaches:
In Thailand, you can spend a couple of days in BKK and take a bus or taxi to Koh Chang. Another option is Koh Samet which is even closer. You just do both. Check out Koh Chang datasheet, I also left a recent report in that thread. PM me for a hotel recommendation near the beach if you decide to go there.
Other options (short haul flight from BKK): Samui, Pangan (Full Moon Party, take a ferry from Samui), Phuket and Phi Phi. I have been to Samui and Phuket years ago, check out more recent datasheets and decide if you want to go.

Philippines:
Bohol: very nice beach, but I don't know if the island is good for partying. I went there with a girl and it was great.
Boracay: I haven't been but heard good things about beaches and nightlife there.

Indonesia:
Bali: a nice beach or a great area to party and get laid: pick one, you can't have both. Seminyak (more upscale) and Canggu (hipster, lots of white chicks) both have shitty beaches though Canggu is good for surfing. Nice beaches are far away and more suitable for couples and families.

Other options: Vietnam, Cambodia. I've been to both but not recently, so can't recommend specific places. Check out Da Nang, Vietnam datasheet.

US or SEA?

Whatever you do, just don’t go to Bali in the off-season (Janauary-April especially), or Phuket at all. I just got back from both. Bali was completely dead with thunderstorms ruining every night and no quality around whatsoever, and Phuket is flooded with couples, families and hookers. Legit, there are barely any single girls around. Try Phi Phi and Koh Phangan if you’re into beach parties and picking up tourist girls, but other than that I can only recommend Bangkok in SEA. It’s always a crazy time and you’ll probably like it if you’re into Asian girls.

US or SEA?

At that budget, you might be able to swing SOME time in the US, but not in the big cities. In LA or NYC, you'll blow through a few hundred bucks in a night without blinking an eye.

It's probably fair to assume you had LA, NYC, Vegas, Miami type of places in mind.

Therefore, the easy answer is SEA where you can completely ball out at that budget.

But, if you had smaller US towns on the mind, you might be able to swing it (though probably not 3 months). And it would still take some sacrificing (less eating out, more cooking, etc.)

US or SEA?

in the US you will tear through that $6k very fast.

I would move around SEA.

Plenty of white girls on Koh Phangan if you get tired of Asian

US or SEA?

Quote: (02-05-2018 11:20 PM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

Nice beaches:
In Thailand, you can spend a couple of days in BKK and take a bus or taxi to Koh Chang. Another option is Koh Samet which is even closer. You just do both. Check out Koh Chang datasheet, I also left a recent report in that thread. PM me for a hotel recommendation near the beach if you decide to go there.
Other options (short haul flight from BKK): Samui, Pangan (Full Moon Party, take a ferry from Samui), Phuket and Phi Phi. I have been to Samui and Phuket years ago, check out more recent datasheets and decide if you want to go.

Thailand, beaches aren't that good, tend to be very dirty.
Philippines, much nicer beaches, Barretto (Olongapo, Zambeles) is a very nice beach resort with many girly bars, American restaurants, dive operators.
Where ever you go, rough weather = dirty beaches.

$6000 will last you quite a while, no need to settle on one place, flights between all the countries are around $50-$60 (Air Asia).