rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mixx's Medellin Thread: Past, Present & Future....

I've been back in Medellin after nearly a 14 month "break", and as many of my local buddies have pointed out, Colombia has changed......a lot!

It's weird how I walk up and down the streets of Medellin and see a Hard Rock Cafe, and even several Citibanks, and a ton of other luxuries that were unheard of not so long ago in 2005 here in Medellin. I even see tourist European women and Canadian women walking the streets alone...at night! Even see SEVERAL high-end cars: Audi TT's/BMW's/Benz's on the streets like if I were in Miami! Something I never saw in the late 90's early 2k unless it was a known drug narco.

With the aforementioned changes, of course Game and getting local girls in bed has changed drastically.

I remember the days where saying you were from Miami got a very receptive reaction that was DHV.

Now, I got a better reception from women in Fargo, ND and Minneapolis when I said I was from Miami, than when I said it in Medellin present day.

So, I immediately had to calibrate my game, and here is what definitely has changed.

THE PAST: In the Late 90's, Early 2k:

1. Gringos/Northern white men were AUTOMATIC DHV's, and being seen with a foreign BF was social success in a females eyes, especially if she dated the blonde, green eyed white men. **This is NO LONGER THE CASE!

2. You could get by with very little spanish, and still have a fuck-fest with quality girls. You could even say you are staying in a hotel/hostel for a few weeks, and it did not matter, you git quality non-pro ass. Good luck pulling that off today.

3. Foreigners were still a mysterious novelty back in 2k, and perceived to be loyal and looking for wives/serious LTR's. *** Wait 'til I tell you what women think now..

PRESENT DAY:

1. Even the lower class barrio girls are VERY CAUTIOUS to date a foreigner. The reputation of white, foreign men being whore-mongers has gone VIRAL even in a place called Santo Domingo - a very low stratus neighborhood! I saw 2 obvious, good-looking gringos at a bar in this Stratus 2 neighborhood....ALONE!

2. You better speak more than a little spanish, as a matter of fact, you'd better speak great Spanish!! The reason for this is that women cannot emotionally "connect" with foreign men, and would always opt for the fun, semi-broke, style-less local who has a social circle of friends she can have fun with at a Finca on weekends.

3. It's all about DAY GAME!! Night game is pretty much dead! I went out with 4 stunning women last night to a bar-lounge, and even though other women were very curious about me, my group FROWNED AT ME for associating with other groups, and merging other women and even cool guys with more girls into the group. I was later told by my group that it was "not cool", and Colombian women do not like guys who are that openly social....wtf? I was even asked not to bring any outsiders (men or women) into our group by my alpha-female!

Another thing about night game; NO HOT WOMEN ARE EVER ALONE - IT IS 100% MIXED SETS! the men in te group are now VERY PROTECTIVE of guys approaching them to secretly steal their women. If a hot woman is alone in a nightclub, she is certainly a pro in disguise.

75% of my bangs in the last 2 weeks have been possible because of being an approach machine during day game: Trains, Buses, Supermarkets, Street corners, Cafe's, Lunch hour restaurants. I approach at least 10 women per day at minimum!

The remaining 25% of my bangs in the last 2 weeks have been through social circle connections - in other words, Girlfriends of one of my guys friends that know my social status locally, and that I speak FLUENT SPANISH.

4. Don't ask hot women you meet to bring a cute girlfriend for your guy friend to meetup - she will bring the UGLIEST girl she can find! Hot girls will NEVER give up their place in the throne of attention for nobody's guy friend, especially if he is a foreigner!

5. If it is raining, you better have a backup piece of ass on standby! The only thing you will see out is ugly girls, couples...and desperate foreign men who don't know better.

6. The abundance of foreigners (even foreign women as I fucked a French Tourist 2 nights ago), has made it increasingly difficult to show immediate DHV and the novelty factor has long faded away like AOL and Myspace.

** One of the reasons foreign men have lost their luster, is that many of them are seen with ugly, poor barrio girls bringing them to eat to high-status restaurants, dance clubs that basically has lowered their value as high value men. If an ugly barrio girl can have a foreign man, then there really is no value for a hot woman to be seen with him. Ugly women will lower any mans value - this is a Universal fact. Don't do it! - especially in Colombia.

FUTURE:

Has Colombia {Medellin, Bogota, Cali, Cartagena, Barranquilla} become the new Eastern Europe of Latin America? I would start to think so, especially the way women in Ukraine/Poland behave towards foreign men, and the easiness to which goods that were hard to come by are now attainable. Every girl in Colombia has a Blackberry and even Iphone 4's for example.

Just like Ukraine, and Easter European women, Colombian (7 or above) women now must truly believe you are not a short-term sex tourist passing by, and be able to PROVE IT!

How do you get laid in Colombia in 2012 and moving forward? You start by making sure you speak great spanish. You then move on to making a solid social life wich include successful guy friends.

Can you still come to Colombia and get laid? Sure you can.....be prepared to do a lot of heavy lifting to prove your worth, something you never had to do in 2000. Then, when you fianlly do get laid, she will be a 7 at best! Anything above a 7 in looks will choose the local big fish who live in Medellin, and also have very high social value.

Once again, you can all thank Facebook, all the dating websites, and foreign men dating ugly, poor, barrio women and bringing them to the high class neighborhoods, shops, restaurants, nightclubs where hot women see them....and lower their value exponentially. Add to this, the easily attainable luxury goods, high-status bars/lounges popping up everywhere making it easier to meet local high-status men.

Mixx

Two gringos in a poor bario bar?!?!? Wow

The glory days of Medellin are OFFICIALLY over if gringos are branching out beyond Poblado.

Why i will be setting up shop in places like Pereira, Quilla, Manizales, Bucara, and Cali.

Wonder how long till all the rest of Colombia gets tainted.....

Quote: (09-18-2011 10:55 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Two gringos in a poor bario bar?!?!? Wow

The glory days of Medellin are OFFICIALLY over if gringos are branching out beyond Poblado.

Why i will be setting up shop in places like Pereira, Quilla, Manizales, Bucara, and Cali.

Wonder how long till all the rest of Colombia gets tainted.....

Careful with Cali, it is right behind Medellin in the mentality of foreign men. Take a look at Skywalkers recent experience in Cali!

Nice write-up Mixx. Your report makes perfect sense. It sucks to hear about gringos boogering up Medellin. The ROI just seems too low now to be worth a trip.

Santa Marta seemed tainted to me, didn't spend much time in Cartagena but it is probably tainted. I personally thought Colombia was OK, but VERY over-rated. Not sure I will ever return. Too much work for too little reward in my opinion.

Great report.

The reality is that just about everywhere is getting worse every single day. The bar is constantly being raised for us to pull quality women in a world where they're becoming more scarce (and know it). We not only have to prove we're not a sex tourist but have game tighter than the local guys AND other foreigners combined.

I'm sure there was a time where amateurs could pimp internationally. Now you need the complete package: day game, night game, foreign language skills, and bankroll. Imagine the poor souls who will get into the game in 20 years from now.

Well, when Colombia gets taken over I be heading to the new frontier for greener pastures. AKA Venezuela

Colombia still has a good 5-10 years left though imo

"Now, I got a better reception from women in Fargo, ND and Minneapolis when I said I was from Miami, than when I said it in Medellin present day."

I bet that is true.

I bet houses are cheaper in Fargo, ND than Medellin also.

Am I the only one that is thinking parts of America are becoming the new Third World?

"Once again, you can all thank Facebook, all the dating websites, and foreign men dating ugly, poor, barrio women and bringing them to the high class neighborhoods, shops, restaurants, nightclubs where hot women see them....and lower their value exponentially. Add to this, the easily attainable luxury goods, high-status bars/lounges popping up everywhere making it easier to meet local high-status men."

Perfect Storm.

Quote: (09-18-2011 10:43 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

I've been back in Medellin after nearly a 14 month "break", and as many of my local buddies have pointed out, Colombia has changed......a lot!

It's weird how I walk up and down the streets of Medellin and see a Hard Rock Cafe, and even several Citibanks, and a ton of other luxuries that were unheard of not so long ago in 2005 here in Medellin. I even see tourist European women and Canadian women walking the streets alone...at night! Even see SEVERAL high-end cars: Audi TT's/BMW's/Benz's on the streets like if I were in Miami! Something I never saw in the late 90's early 2k unless it was a known drug narco.

With the aforementioned changes, of course Game and getting local girls in bed has changed drastically.

I remember the days where saying you were from Miami got a very receptive reaction that was DHV.

Now, I got a better reception from women in Fargo, ND and Minneapolis when I said I was from Miami, than when I said it in Medellin present day.

So, I immediately had to calibrate my game, and here is what definitely has changed.

THE PAST: In the Late 90's, Early 2k:

1. Gringos/Northern white men were AUTOMATIC DHV's, and being seen with a foreign BF was social success in a females eyes, especially if she dated the blonde, green eyed white men. **This is NO LONGER THE CASE!

2. You could get by with very little spanish, and still have a fuck-fest with quality girls. You could even say you are staying in a hotel/hostel for a few weeks, and it did not matter, you git quality non-pro ass. Good luck pulling that off today.

3. Foreigners were still a mysterious novelty back in 2k, and perceived to be loyal and looking for wives/serious LTR's. *** Wait 'til I tell you what women think now..

PRESENT DAY:

1. Even the lower class barrio girls are VERY CAUTIOUS to date a foreigner. The reputation of white, foreign men being whore-mongers has gone VIRAL even in a place called Santo Domingo - a very low stratus neighborhood! I saw 2 obvious, good-looking gringos at a bar in this Stratus 2 neighborhood....ALONE!

2. You better speak more than a little spanish, as a matter of fact, you'd better speak great Spanish!! The reason for this is that women cannot emotionally "connect" with foreign men, and would always opt for the fun, semi-broke, style-less local who has a social circle of friends she can have fun with at a Finca on weekends.

3. It's all about DAY GAME!! Night game is pretty much dead! I went out with 4 stunning women last night to a bar-lounge, and even though other women were very curious about me, my group FROWNED AT ME for associating with other groups, and merging other women and even cool guys with more girls into the group. I was later told by my group that it was "not cool", and Colombian women do not like guys who are that openly social....wtf? I was even asked not to bring any outsiders (men or women) into our group by my alpha-female!

Another thing about night game; NO HOT WOMEN ARE EVER ALONE - IT IS 100% MIXED SETS! the men in te group are now VERY PROTECTIVE of guys approaching them to secretly steal their women. If a hot woman is alone in a nightclub, she is certainly a pro in disguise.

75% of my bangs in the last 2 weeks have been possible because of being an approach machine during day game: Trains, Buses, Supermarkets, Street corners, Cafe's, Lunch hour restaurants. I approach at least 10 women per day at minimum!

The remaining 25% of my bangs in the last 2 weeks have been through social circle connections - in other words, Girlfriends of one of my guys friends that know my social status locally, and that I speak FLUENT SPANISH.

4. Don't ask hot women you meet to bring a cute girlfriend for your guy friend to meetup - she will bring the UGLIEST girl she can find! Hot girls will NEVER give up their place in the throne of attention for nobody's guy friend, especially if he is a foreigner!

5. If it is raining, you better have a backup piece of ass on standby! The only thing you will see out is ugly girls, couples...and desperate foreign men who don't know better.

6. The abundance of foreigners (even foreign women as I fucked a French Tourist 2 nights ago), has made it increasingly difficult to show immediate DHV and the novelty factor has long faded away like AOL and Myspace.

** One of the reasons foreign men have lost their luster, is that many of them are seen with ugly, poor barrio girls bringing them to eat to high-status restaurants, dance clubs that basically has lowered their value as high value men. If an ugly barrio girl can have a foreign man, then there really is no value for a hot woman to be seen with him. Ugly women will lower any mans value - this is a Universal fact. Don't do it! - especially in Colombia.

FUTURE:

Has Colombia {Medellin, Bogota, Cali, Cartagena, Barranquilla} become the new Eastern Europe of Latin America? I would start to think so, especially the way women in Ukraine/Poland behave towards foreign men, and the easiness to which goods that were hard to come by are now attainable. Every girl in Colombia has a Blackberry and even Iphone 4's for example.

Just like Ukraine, and Easter European women, Colombian (7 or above) women now must truly believe you are not a short-term sex tourist passing by, and be able to PROVE IT!

How do you get laid in Colombia in 2012 and moving forward? You start by making sure you speak great spanish. You then move on to making a solid social life wich include successful guy friends.

Can you still come to Colombia and get laid? Sure you can.....be prepared to do a lot of heavy lifting to prove your worth, something you never had to do in 2000. Then, when you fianlly do get laid, she will be a 7 at best! Anything above a 7 in looks will choose the local big fish who live in Medellin, and also have very high social value.

Once again, you can all thank Facebook, all the dating websites, and foreign men dating ugly, poor, barrio women and bringing them to the high class neighborhoods, shops, restaurants, nightclubs where hot women see them....and lower their value exponentially. Add to this, the easily attainable luxury goods, high-status bars/lounges popping up everywhere making it easier to meet local high-status men.

Mixx
I friend of mine and I made this observation in Mexico 7 years ago! He being a good looking white guy stated "Whitey fucks up everything so fuck whitey!" in regards to those gringos who come down to ANY place and spoiled it by being over generous with their money.
A date I had a couple days ago (7.5) told me that there was this guy who was dating her aunt who came down to Ibague and took them both to Panama and didn't even had sex with the aunt! This is ultimate beta behavior...buying trips for bitches and getting no pussy in return other than to have a "flower" sitting next to them to "show" off to others. I'm NOT racist, but I see this type of behavior being even worse in Asian guys.
I saw a lot of online activity in Medellin with women asking for $$ and getting what they want from a good percentage of desperate online gringos and even some lonely latinos.

I made a "friend" in barrio Campo Valdez (estrato 3) who told me he had some bitches who wanted to meet me and made the mistake to accept him introducing me to them. When I saw the product he brought over I immediate wanted to run the other fucking way. One girl was 6 with dirty nails and the other 4 just fat and nasty. BOTH were from barrio populares (worse neighborhoods in Medellin) and were hungry! I bought them a "corriente" cheap lunch and told them I needed to get back to work. It was like giving a homeless a meal so I didn't feel too bad about it, but definately told this guy to never fucking introduce me to anyone else...

There is only group that can be blamed for this-

Beta gringos who throw money around like it grows on trees.
Every time I see a rich guy taking out a girl to an expensive dinner I want to give him a slap.
Heck, I won't even feel guilty for trying to steal their girls.

As far as I'm concerned most men need to give up their man card.

The next generation of International players must be able to speak many languages, have a big cashroll, social value, and Advanced game to do well in countries like Colombia in the next 4-5 years.

I dont care how the gringos treat the women, i dont wanna see other gringos when im trying to swoop in latin america period. Atleast not in the same clubs or bars.

With every new gringo going your value drops. You have to have more money, status, looks, and language skills to rise to the top. Just too much work as far as im concerned.

Gonna be a sad day when you cant go to a club in Colombia without seeing some gringos.

Thast when I know its time to move on! lol

Reading between the lines Mixx, it still seems like you got a lot of girls in Medellin. But it's true, better to be overprepared than underprepared, and Colombia is not as easy as some people may expect. That being said I have seen foreigners with little spanish or game pull cute girls, even if they are only passing through on vacation. Maybe they were lucky?

There's still a lot of good advice in this post. Night game in Bogota is only worthwhile in a few bars that cater to a more hipster or electronic music crowd, and which have more girls on the prowl. Any typical bar playing top 40 Colombian music is mixed sets all the way. I agree that day game is simply the best way to go about pursuing girls, and that girls you meet this way will tend to be less skanky. And honestly, a big part of the appeal here is what the girl is like after you get her, meaning she is girly and feminine and can dance and takes care of her appearance, as opposed to the vast majority of coastal city US girls with attitudes and manly personalities.

My two cents: Naughty Nomad is the future. The dude practically has West Africa and Haiti all to himself! We will all have to be keeping track of world events to swoop in anywhere a civil war just ended. I am guessing Venezuela after Chavez and Cuba after Castro might be some places to keep an eye on...haha, But in the age of the internet and cheap airfares, every secret spot is gonna get blown up in the next decade or so, if it hasn't already.

That is why i think one must have another incentive to go to another country such as Colombia in this case.
Part of the trick is to start be interested about cultural habits and from then your affection for the country will come along.

This thread is certainly helping in putting things in prospective. However i never underestimated the power of knowing a foreign language.
That is why i feel this new information should not have changed the general plan of knowing before you go.

I think it was Neil who pointed out that he was having a tremendous trouble in Colombia talking and opening to girls without Spanish.

In my opinion nothing to be worried about, but a better preparation. Also i think the majority of the male tourists in Colombia don't have persistence and knowledge that many of us on this forum have. So i would say our advantage still stands.

Quote: (09-18-2011 02:03 PM)Ajiaco Wrote:  

Reading between the lines Mixx, it still seems like you got a lot of girls in Medellin. But it's true, better to be overprepared than underprepared, and Colombia is not as easy as some people may expect. That being said I have seen foreigners with little spanish or game pull cute girls, even if they are only passing through on vacation. Maybe they were lucky?

There's still a lot of good advice in this post. Night game in Bogota is only worthwhile in a few bars that cater to a more hipster or electronic music crowd, and which have more girls on the prowl. Any typical bar playing top 40 Colombian music is mixed sets all the way. I agree that day game is simply the best way to go about pursuing girls, and that girls you meet this way will tend to be less skanky. And honestly, a big part of the appeal here is what the girl is like after you get her, meaning she is girly and feminine and can dance and takes care of her appearance, as opposed to the vast majority of coastal city US girls with attitudes and manly personalities.

My two cents: Naughty Nomad is the future. The dude practically has West Africa and Haiti all to himself! We will all have to be keeping track of world events to swoop in anywhere a civil war just ended. I am guessing Venezuela after Chavez and Cuba after Castro might be some places to keep an eye on...haha, But in the age of the internet and cheap airfares, every secret spot is gonna get blown up in the next decade or so, if it hasn't already.

Yep, Naughty Nomad is the true pioneer of this thread. West Africa is on my radar now after reading his material on it. I doubt a lot of gringos are going to go there because of all the issues there.

Quote: (09-18-2011 11:41 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Imagine the poor souls who will get into the game in 20 years from now.

In 20 years all women will be as fat as Americans. And American women will be fatter. Scary place, thanks Coca Cola and Cargill.

colombia is great if you love the country and culture which i do. i think its 10x easier to score there then in miami or LA especially if your a good looking guy with a bit style and money.

i love colombia(been to the major cities) and lived in medellin but just like mix said things have changed. now the only question is whether a 2nd tier city like bucaramanga or barranquilla..hasnt been overcome by the forces that changed medellin for the worse

Excellent post Mixx. Now I can safely cross out Colombia from the countries I ever gonna visit.

Quote: (09-18-2011 05:15 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Excellent post Mixx. Now I can safely cross out Colombia from the countries I ever gonna visit.

I think Central America and Brasil are the last holdoust for good ROI and quality women in that region.

Great report Mixx!

I have a bad feeling that Medellin might be in a death spiral. Once foreign men realize that it's difficult to get girls in Medellin they will opt for hookers and that will continually lower the value of all foreign men.

However, the one thing that I want to emphasize is that it is not the quantity of foreign men that ruined Medellin, but rather the quality. From reading this forum you might think that MDE is flooded with gringos. Not true. Roll out to La Strada (shopping center with about 8 bars) and you see maybe 1-2 groups of gringoes. That's nothing for a city of 4 million. Rather the problem is that the tourists who visit MDE are either:

a) grimy backpackers looking for cheap coke
b) old fat whoremongers.

Once high quality dudes start going to MDE for business, their opinions of foreigners will improve.

I think that night game in MDE is the worst I've ever come across for cold approaches.

However, isn't the core of the problem - economic? Basically, over the last 10 years Europe and the U.S. have gone broke and emerging nations have gotten a lot richer. Once the local dudes secure decent employment, can start springing for drinks and may even have their own cars - the foreign white man lost his big advantage.

I'm not worried about the playas in 20 years b/c I expect that they will be banging robot porno chicks.

Mixx, fascinating report....I'm in Ukraine right now....let's just say my report will be eerily similar to your Medellin report.

I'm appreciating the reception I received in Stockholm more everyday.

Also, like many other places, I regret missing out on the glory days of Medellin.

Quote: (09-18-2011 05:24 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2011 05:15 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

I think Central America and Brasil are the last holdoust for good ROI and quality women in that region.

CA is such a major backpacking destination, most of it is already flooded.

Id much rather see some old whoremongers than these blonde haired surfers ect. Good thing is the young backpacking dudes dont put alot of effort into swooping local talent aka going out to only local joints, and mainly just trying to fuck the other tourist females. And another good thing is they dont stay in the capitals long.

Only cities I think are still ripe for the picking are San Salvador, Tegucigalpa, Managua (?), and San Jose (outside of a few bars around the main hostels and the Del Rey). I know Panama City has alot of gringos but im not sure if they are going out partying in the main rumba zonas every night.

I believe the glory days (to a degree) will come around again. Look at the most westernised countries in the world... In my opinion they are the most easiest to pull. In the early days you foreign status alone would be enough to intrigue the locals. Then they become more sceptical as more and more foreigners flood in to the sample the local produce. But soon it will hit saturation point and everything will level out again.

I wish I read an honest post like this before I visited Medillin this past summer.

First, I could not believe all the plastic surgery down there. Half the chicks have their, tits, ass, and lips done. They are great to look at, but they're either bitchy or flakey, if you do get a number the ratio of actual call backs is piss poor, so much that it is emotionally demotivating.

I actually went to Colombia based on reading posts on this website forum. Unfortunately, I should have know that based on the actually number of posts from gringos, that the place was over run and no longer a unspoiled destination. It's probably better to look for places where there are hardly any or no posts, for if you go there you can stand out and slay 'em.

I spent two weeks in Medillin. My original plan was 6 weeks to two months. I could not wait to get out of dodge.

I think after a certain point things becomes relative. If you guys think Colombia is bad, there are several countries that I think are worse in terms of getting laid with pretty girls:

Ecuador
Peru
Bolivia
Argentina
Chile
Denmark

For example when I was in Denmark, I was dreaming of being back in Colombia.