rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I keep waking up early

I keep waking up early

Alright for the last week or so I've been waking up at around 7:30 when I am used to waking up not earlier than 9 AM. I normally go to sleep around 01:00

Any ideas why this is happening?

I keep waking up early

Dude, could be a million +1 reasons why. Think about what has changed in your routine/diet/lifestyle/stress etc.

I keep waking up early

I have this problem. I go to sleep real easily, but I wake up early and then have to keep trying to go back to sleep. This started happening to me in my early 20s.

Two things you can try:
-Night mask
-Earplugs

I figured out I'm a llight sleeper towards the morning, so eliminating light and sound has helped a lot.

I keep waking up early

Just think about how you can use those extra hours....then you'll probably go to sleep earlier and catch up on the hours that way.

I keep waking up early

Night masks work great. Get a thick cotton one -- like from Origins. I wake up at 5:30 every morning due to my job... Even on the weekends it's ridiculously hard for me to sleep in. I make up for it by taking short naps during the day and (like pilgrim mentioned) making good use of that time.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I keep waking up early

I'm a horrible sleeper, so whenever I'm in desperate need for sleep I just take a thing of NyQuil or Benadryl. Unhealthy yes, but it does the job rather quickly.

I'd say stress is the most common reason. It's hard to sleep when there's a million thoughts racing through your head

Go balls deep

I keep waking up early

I'd also look into Melatonin...its a natural supplement.

I keep waking up early

Quote: (09-18-2011 09:22 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I have this problem. I go to sleep real easily, but I wake up early and then have to keep trying to go back to sleep. This started happening to me in my early 20s.

Two things you can try:
-Night mask
-Earplugs

I figured out I'm a llight sleeper towards the morning, so eliminating light and sound has helped a lot.

same thing started for me in my late 20's. agree, use night mask (or get blackout blinds) and earplugs. maybe get some exercise if you're not doing any. may help you sleep better as well.

I keep waking up early

I tried the earplug thing. Looks like it works.

I keep waking up early

Do what I do, live in a basement apartment, its pitch black and quiet at mid day [Image: banana.gif]

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

I keep waking up early

Quote: (09-18-2011 12:52 AM)Geronimo Wrote:  

Alright for the last week or so I've been waking up at around 7:30 when I am used to waking up not earlier than 9 AM. I normally go to sleep around 01:00

Any ideas why this is happening?

yep, totally normal ! especially if you workout. Your body is probably catabolic and your hormones are signaling you to eat.

This is a good time to have a protein shake and go back to bed.

I keep waking up early

I used to have crazy insomnia, and went through what you and Roosh go through and more. I used to use an eyemask and occasional earplugs, as well as blackout shades on my windows, but I dont need any of it anymore.

What works best is deep breathing, the exact way that I tell you, or dropping the right supplement, on an empty stomach, with no water, and letting it dissolve in your system and put you back to sleep.

The best that I have found are:

1. Neocell Collagen from iHerb. (Its just aminos, as you will see on the plastic tub, but for some reason it works in this form very well. Buy and keep "00" size" capsules near your bed, with the supplement, cap one or two up, drop, and wait for the aminos to metabolize into neurotransmitters that will calm your mind and put you back to sleep. I would definitely try this first thing, in addition to the breathing method that I describe below, and if those don't work, then try my second recommendation below. The neocell collagen works pretty well, though, and you are getting aminos at the perfect time, when there is nothing else in your stomach to compete for absorption. If you haven't taken an amino complex before, the optimal time to take them is in the morning with nothing else. So, this is a perfect opportunity AND it will put you back to sleep.)

2. Lithium Orotate. Advanced Research Brand. Also, iherb or amazon. (this works really well IF you need it. If you have serious insomnia, then you may have an over-excitation effect happening due to excess Calcium and glutamate firing into neurons, and this supplement will block that over-excitation through your NMDA receptors and drop you back to sleep. If you have migraines like I do, or get hang over headaches a little too regularly, have any type of memory issue, or wake up very early only to feel tired again in the afternoon, then you likely have over-excitation to a degree. Lithium is very neuroprotective and has been shown to extend the lives of worms and shit. Impressive, heh? Seriously, though, its very good for calming down a "hot" neurochemically overexcited brain. Look at the research on Pubmed for Lithium and neuroprotection. I recommend that you stick to taking it in the morning, though, and not at night, because blocking those same receptors can inhibit memory formation which occurs at night. You have nothing to worry about if you don't OD on it and if you keep it mostly in the day. However, an occasional night dose is fine. It doesnt block your memory to the degree that a Benzo or alcohol does, its way more subtle and takes a lot of dosing over time, and even then the effect would be minor. It is a salt that processes through your kidneys, and so I dont recommend anymore than one or two 120mg pills at a time (5-10mg effective lithium per pill) I take two because that's what I need, but experiment with one first. More isn't better , in this case, unless you need it.

3. Deep breathing. (seriously, this works if you do it exactly the way that I tell you. You want to breath in as deep as is comfortable, and breath out as SLOW as possible without it being uncomfortable. If you have to catch your breath by speeding up your next inhale, then its too slow. You want to be able to do this as long as possible without stressing yourself, but the longer the exhale the better. It should be all deep and slow, with no oxygen deprivation at the end. I can exhale for a pretty long time. I think this works somehow based on the fact that you are increasing CO2 in the blood, but I'm not sure. Anyway, you'll be doing this, and not feeling anything, and then you'll be asleep and not even realize it, even if you stop a few minutes before you fall asleep. It has an incredible calming effect on the nervous system. It also works great for calming a racing heart. Basically, if you need to calm your NS quickly and powerfully, this is the way to do it. I often use it at night as well)

Over time, these methods may work to reset your system a bit and you may wake up less and less early. Sleeping pills won't do that.

I keep waking up early

This happened to me for a little while... I started waking up at random early hours, so instead of just laying in bed I would just get up and get started on my day at that early time. For whatever reason, after I did this a few times my sleep went back to normal because by the time the next night rolled around I was pooped and slept till my normal time.

The key is to get up when you wake up and go about your day and then maybe take a quick power nap if you ever feel exhausted later in the day. Also, a hard cardio exercise, like Beachbody Insanity, is amazing for your energy/sleep.

I keep waking up early

I have a different problem, I am fresh and vital whenever I wake up in the sunlight, no matter the amount slept. But I can't fall asleep on my back (ever), so I usually sleep on my stomach or side and my body aches later. I wish I could force myself to fall asleep "normally".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I keep waking up early

That's a crazy amount of sleep you're getting brah. I don't sleep past 6 am .

I keep waking up early

Try popping 100mg of Zinc right before bed. I don't have problems with waking up too early, but zinc helps me achieve a deeper and higher quality of sleep.

Fish oil supplement is also key for sleep and 100+ other reasons.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter