rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Home Base: Honolulu vs Los Angeles

Hi all,

I may be able to move to Honolulu late this year/early next year if I want.

It looks like housing costs are much lower than a decent part of LA, where I currently live, so I'm seriously thinking about it. Also, I'm more of a outdoors person than a club guy, so that also pushes me towards HI. I have yet to check the place out though. I'll be visiting some time soon.

Who's been to Honolulu? Do you like it as a place to live long term?

Thanks

Id move to Hawaii in a heart beat!

What is it you do for a living btw?

I lived there for three years while in grad school. Some views of mine.

1) Lots of super hot mixed girls, Japanese-Polynesian-Chinese Portugese for example.
2) Athleticism and the desire to look good in bathing suits means lots of really nice figures. Some girls really do surf
which is great conditioning. The drawback is lots of guys lift weights and the competition is strong.
3) Bad for white girls except tourists, ANYTHING blond no matter how hideous is in demand.
4) You should note Caucasians are a minority, it was my first experience living as a racial minority.
5) Low level of intellectual pursuits, lots of people graduate high school and that's it.
6) Expensive to leave for a while, ticket to mainland is minimum exit fee.
7) Incredibly great climate, I went surfing New Years Day and stayed in the water for hours with no wet suit, it was so warm

I'm in IT. I'm also East Indian by descent, born in the US. I guess I would do better (relative to LA) but maybe not as I've heard Japanese are kind of racist.

Quote: (09-17-2011 04:22 PM)Ehnulo Wrote:  

I'm in IT. I'm also East Indian by descent, born in the US. I guess I would do better (relative to LA) but maybe not as I've heard Japanese are kind of racist.

That's more true of Japanese born and raised in Japan. They don't like foreigners, doesn't matter if your white, black, curry or even Koren or Chinese. It wouldn't exist among born and raised Japanese Americans.

^^

Japanese dont like foreigners?!?!?!?

Black guys supposedly CLEAN HOUSE in Japan.......

Quote: (09-17-2011 10:02 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

^^

Japanese dont like foreigners?!?!?!?

Black guys supposedly CLEAN HOUSE in Japan.......

I know black guys clean house, thats not what I was referring too. I didn't mean Japanese girls in terms of fucking foreign guys.
I meant Japanese culture as a whole.

They're a mono-ethnic society which is traditionally rather isolationist. They are known for mistreating their own small ethnic minorities such as the Ainu people, as well as Japanese Brazilians who moved there for work (the government offered to pay for them in exchange for leaving the country during the GFC) and Chinese and Korean workers who move there. They have a general dislike for "gaijin" meaning foreigner or alien.

With respect to recruiting talent Honolulu would be superb since it supplies a constant stream of girls in vacation mode that are quick to drop their bikini bottoms.

Quote: (09-17-2011 10:34 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

I know black guys clean house, thats not what I was referring too. I didn't mean Japanese girls in terms of fucking foreign guys.

Yeah, you're right. As long as you are their guest or their tourist, they'll treat you like no one can but the moment you try to be a part of their society(settle in Japan, marry) they'll also screw you like no one can.

It happened to a buddy of mine. He did study-abroad in Japan and got drenched in pussy, his wildest fantasy came true during that one year, so much so that once him and his friend got picked up randomly at school for an orgy by two hot Japanese girls. After his stint ended, he got back and worked in NJ for 2 years but then got sick of the regular 9-5 life and sold off all his stuff to move to Japan to live like an emperor. Little did he realize what he was up for. Sure he continued his fucking streak and eventually got married and had a kid with a Japanese girl and that is when all the problems started. At the time his wife gave him an ultimatum, he was making $30K(which is simply NOT enough for survival) working as a software engineer. And this was solely due to a glass-ceiling coz he was a foreigner, while others in the same position as him were making atleast $120K. He finally got back, was homeless for a 3 days but finally landed a decent $75K job and is now trying to put his life together and trying to bring his family back.

Game is a necessary evil

If you don't have to commute anywhere, I take it you could live anywhere in Southern California. I don't know Honolulu, but I do know that Southern California has an incredible amount of variety, that you can find almost anything imaginable. If you want somewhere outdoorsy, you could look at places like Malibu, Simi Valley or a bunch of other places.

If you only have to commit six months or a year, Honolulu seems like fun. If longer, it could be a risky bet, so you might want to fly there first and check it out if you haven't already.

Quote: (09-18-2011 03:22 AM)haywire Wrote:  

Yeah, you're right. As long as you are their guest or their tourist, they'll treat you like no one can but the moment you try to be a part of their society(settle in Japan, marry) they'll also screw you like no one can.

It happened to a buddy of mine. He did study-abroad in Japan and got drenched in pussy, his wildest fantasy came true during that one year, so much so that once him and his friend got picked up randomly at school for an orgy by two hot Japanese girls. After his stint ended, he got back and worked in NJ for 2 years but then got sick of the regular 9-5 life and sold off all his stuff to move to Japan to live like an emperor. Little did he realize what he was up for. Sure he continued his fucking streak and eventually got married and had a kid with a Japanese girl and that is when all the problems started. At the time his wife gave him an ultimatum, he was making $30K(which is simply NOT enough for survival) working as a software engineer. And this was solely due to a glass-ceiling coz he was a foreigner, while others in the same position as him were making atleast $120K. He finally got back, was homeless for a 3 days but finally landed a decent $75K job and is now trying to put his life together and trying to bring his family back.

Wow. What did he look like? Have any game?

Quote: (09-18-2011 05:38 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2011 03:22 AM)haywire Wrote:  

You guys should create a different thread for this. I am finding it very interesting (I'm an asian fetishist, you see) but this is not the thread for it.

Quote: (09-18-2011 05:38 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Sorry to have hijacked the thread.

But to answer the above question, he's a 6ft tall blue eyed white dude with great natural game.

Game is a necessary evil

I've been out to Hawaii twice and a had a blast both times. But living there...I think that could get old quick. Hawaii is literally the most isolated place in the world. Being there you just get the sense that you are far as hell from ANYTHING. Some people get what they call "island/rock fever" where they start feeling like they are stuck on an isolated rock in the middle of nowhere, disconnected from the world. Of course some people go there precisely because they want that isolation. Weather and surf is awesome, but HNL is only a medium sized city and I would get bored pretty fast I think if I lived there. At least with L.A. there is so much nearby if you need to get away. There's Vegas, San Diego, Mexico, Palms Springs, San Francisco, The Sierras, Santa Barbara, the Big Sur coast, wine country, Death Valley, Yosemite, etc. Cost of living-wise, Hawaii is going to be more expensive overall. And lastly, I don't think Hawaii offers any advantage over L.A. as far as girls.