rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jewish Heroism during the Second World War

I've been on a bit of WW2 history kick lately and watched several documentaries and interviews with soldiers who fought in WW2 from all sides. One common factor I've always noticed, in both history and media, is that you never find stories of Jewish citizens standing up and fighting for themselves. The only time you see Jewish people on screen is as the subject of victimization.

I find this to be absolute bullshit. Jew, Christian, Muslim or whatever, if backed into a corner they will fight. If the Holocaust occurred as the history books said, there would be thousands of Jewish heroes. Some say the German Third Reich was so powerful that resistance was impossible but I call bullshit on that too. The Wikipedia on WW2 Jewish Resistance is at best two pages long and they were nearly 2% of the population. Two percent may not sound like much but with no other options they could put any army to the test.

My theory: There are many stories of Jewish heroism during WW2 that have been severely suppressed. Victimization is a powerful weapon in modern times and it has been capitalized on by the leftist elite and well, (((them))).

Do any forum historians have insight on this topic?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Heroism is a pagan belief and tradition. There is no heroism in Abraham traditions, what they have instead is martyrdom.

The Muslims consider their suicide bombers and jihadists as martyrs, not heroes.

You can become canonized in Christian traditions for martyrdom, not for heroism.

Heroism as concept and an ideal comes from Greek and Norse worldview expressed in their hero myths. It has survived to modern times in West trough secular and military traditions which emulate ancient pagan Rome.

Medieval and Renaissance Europeans and Western Greatest Generation people knew both ideals of heroism and martyrdom - one from ethnic and cultural pagan roots, other from Church.

Other cultures may not have either or both of these ideals.

Quote: (01-07-2018 04:08 PM)Mage Wrote:  

Heroism is a pagan belief and tradition. There is no heroism in Abraham traditions, what they have instead is martyrdom.

The Muslims consider their suicide bombers and jihadists as martyrs, not heroes.

You can become canonized in Christian traditions for martyrdom, not for heroism.

Heroism as concept and an ideal comes from Greek and Norse worldview expressed in their hero myths. It has survived to modern times in West trough secular and military traditions which emulate ancient pagan Rome.

Medieval and Renaissance Europeans and Western Greatest Generation people knew both ideals of heroism and martyrdom - one from ethnic and cultural pagan roots, other from Church.

Other cultures may not have either or both of these ideals.
Good post. Christians lionize those who died in the faith and shy away from those who fought for the faith in literal terms. The cult of the hero is very much an Indo-Euro pagan thing. Heroism, as a romantic and pagan idea, is an interesting concept and something I've been giving an increasing amount of thought to.

Heroism as a concept merely means someone acting in a virtuous way that goes above and beyond the call of duty. You know, rushing into a burning building to save people. Maryrdom to some IS a form of heroism, as it involves sacrifice. To someone like Ayn Rand, sacrifice is not heroic.

It might be (((them))) that have validate the saying "Better Be a Living Coward Than a Dead Hero"...

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Quote: (01-07-2018 03:52 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

I've been on a bit of WW2 history kick lately and watched several documentaries and interviews with soldiers who fought in WW2 from all sides. One common factor I've always noticed, in both history and media, is that you never find stories of Jewish citizens standing up and fighting for themselves. The only time you see Jewish people on screen is as the subject of victimization.

I find this to be absolute bullshit. Jew, Christian, Muslim or whatever, if backed into a corner they will fight. If the Holocaust occurred as the history books said, there would be thousands of Jewish heroes. Some say the German Third Reich was so powerful that resistance was impossible but I call bullshit on that too. The Wikipedia on WW2 Jewish Resistance is at best two pages long and they were nearly 2% of the population. Two percent may not sound like much but with no other options they could put any army to the test.

My theory: There are many stories of Jewish heroism during WW2 that have been severely suppressed. Victimization is a powerful weapon in modern times and it has been capitalized on by the leftist elite and well, (((them))).

If only there were more Jews in the film industry, their story would have stood a chance of being told...

Seriously.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (01-07-2018 08:45 PM)911 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-07-2018 03:52 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

If only there were more Jews in the film industry, their story would have stood a chance of being told...

Seriously.

If your people controlled the media... Would you choose to tell stories of heroism and bravery or defeat and subjugation?

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

You have just pointed out what is the sickest aspect of Jewish culture. There isn't a culture in the world that glorifies martyrdom and victimhood as much as Jewish culture.

Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

There are a number of films made on this subject, including Roman Polanski's "The Pianist", which won 273 Oscars IIRC.

Another upstanding member of the Hollywood community, Harvey Weinstein, was all set to do a new movie about this historic event, too bad the timing wasn't right for him:

Quote:Quote:

Harvey Weinstein To Direct Film On Warsaw Ghetto Uprising
August 10, 2017 By JTA

(JTA) — Film producer Harvey Weinstein said he will adapt a novel about the Warsaw Ghetto uprising for the silver screen.

Weinstein, who has produced dozens of popular and Academy Award-winning films like “The King’s Speech” and the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, wrote in an op-ed that he plans to direct a film next year based on Leon Uris’ book “Mila 18.”

Writing in Deadline on Monday, Weinstein said he had delayed the project for several years. His friend Hossein Amini, an Iranian-British screenwriter, has already written a script for it. He explained that he was inspired to finally take it on after recently re-watching Lina Wertmuller’s film “Seven Beauties,” in which an Italian man is captured by the Germans during World War II and sent to a concentration camp.

“[I]t’s a movie I swore I’d direct myself – and in watching ‘Seven Beauties’ again, I just decided, ‘time to make it next year.’ I’ve already started to talk to people about it after delaying it for so many years. I am now committed,” Weinstein wrote.

He also recalled reading “Mila 18” during a trip to visit his great-grandmother in Israel as a kid.

https://forward.com/fast-forward/379640/...-uprising/

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (01-08-2018 07:31 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

It wasn't only the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. I heard stories of those guys emerging from the ghetto - tough as nails blokes who fled with guns drawn.

WWI had plenty of Jewish soldiers fighting - Adolf Hitler even mentioned serving with them in the trenches:

[Image: LB_YomKippur.gif]

German Military worship service on Yom Kippur.

[Image: jFvf7BM.jpg]

German and Austrian Jewish soldiers celebrating Hannukah during WWI.

Of course that said - we should not forget the biggest Jewish division in those times - the Bolsheviks:

[Image: e47a81d40b22a22122f1e192b5b3e1a5--jewish...ld-war.jpg]

But their "glories" were more akin to the SS in later times and are rather infamous than heroic.

Personally I think that the six-days-war of Israel against multiple bigger enemies is the most impressive feat - even if aided by the West, it took tremendous skill and bravery of the people.

[Image: ShowImage.ashx?id=384412]

Quote: (01-08-2018 12:46 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

You have just pointed out what is the sickest aspect of Jewish culture. There isn't a culture in the world that glorifies martyrdom and victimhood as much as Jewish culture.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...29561.html

Only Jews?

Seems Israel needs more of a "victim mentality"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...verty.html

Quote: (01-08-2018 04:43 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2018 12:46 AM)puckerman Wrote:  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...29561.html

The Polish "reparations" from the Germans came after Merkel's Germany threatened Poland with massive fines for not accepting the beloved rapefugees. The government came up with a counter-plan. No one cares about any stupid reparations. But they care if the EU fines them billions for not having to accept the Islamic invaders.

@Zelcorpion

Right. Looks like USA wants to help Jews and/or jewish organisations in retrieving wealth lost due to Holocaust. Link

Quote:Quote:

Justice for Uncompensated Survivors Today (JUST) Act of 2017

This bill directs the Department of State, with respect to covered countries, to annually include within either the relevant Annual Country Report on Human Rights, the International Religious Freedom Report, or other appropriate report an assessment of the nature and extent of national laws or enforceable policies regarding the identification, return, or restitution of wrongfully seized or transferred Holocaust era assets and compliance with the goals of the Terezin Declaration on Holocaust Era Assets and Related Issues, including:

-the return to the rightful owner of wrongfully seized or transferred property, including religious or communal property, or the provision of comparable substitute property or the payment of equitable compensation to the rightful owner;

-the use of the Washington Conference Principles on Nazi-Confiscated Art and the Terezin Declaration in settling claims involving publicly and privately held movable property;

-the restitution of heirless property to assist needy Holocaust survivors; and
progress on the resolution of claims for U.S. citizen Holocaust survivors and family members.

"Covered countries" means signatories to the Terezin Declaration that are determined by the Special Envoy for Holocaust Issues to be countries of particular concern with respect to such restitution.
[/u]

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Come now Mage, you're more intelligent than that.

Was David standing up to Goliath and killing him not heroic? Only a martyr lives on to become King of Israel!

Or Daniel refusing to bow before a King who claimed he was God willingly knowing he would be tossed in a lion's den (spoiler alert, the lion's didn't eat him). Another martyr living on?

Or Peter who cut off the ear of the centurion in a futile effort to defend Jesus? Granted, his heroism was short lived. He did deny Christ three times!

There are countless more stories of heroism outlined in the old and new testaments that fit the bill of your "pagan" heroism . If only you were inclined to look for them!

Better luck next time [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (01-08-2018 06:34 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Was David standing up to Goliath and killing him not heroic? Only a martyr lives on to become King of Israel!

Or Daniel refusing to bow before a King who claimed he was God willingly knowing he would be tossed in a lion's den (spoiler alert, the lion's didn't eat him). Another martyr living on?

Or Peter who cut off the ear of the centurion in a futile effort to defend Jesus? Granted, his heroism was short lived. He did deny Christ three times!

There are countless more stories of heroism outlined in the old and new testaments that fit the bill of your "pagan" heroism . If only you were inclined to look for them!

Beast1 Don't laugh and wish better luck after a weak attempt of refutation like that.

lets anylize your examples:

David - I agree his standing up to Goliath is heroic. But that's just one example and that's the best you are going to find in Bible. One man acting heroic doesn't tell anything about values of his tribe. David also sent an innocent man to his death because he lusted for his wife.

Daniel willing to get better be eaten by lions than renouncing his faith. That's the definition of martydom. That's not heroism. Martydom is not always bad, but it is passive. Heroism is taking action. Hoping to get saved by God's miracle either before or after death is a hope of a martyr. Heroism is taking action and responsibility in your own hands, knowing that if not you, then possibly no one will do what needs to be done.

Jesus shunning Peter for defending him is an outright example of shunning heroism and gloryfying martydom instead. It's outright stating: "Don't be a hero! My goal is to get martyed! Don't ruin that!"

So out of 3 examples you hit one. Your post is 33% accurate only. Weak post. And you dare to laugh about mine? That's dishonest man. If your faith is true why do you resort to such obvious lies as taking clear examples of gloryfying martydom over heroism and trying to pass them as the opposite? You are building your case on obvious twisting of truth, building your house on sand.

Quote: (01-09-2018 03:19 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Jesus shunning Peter for defending him is an outright example of shunning heroism and gloryfying martydom instead. It's outright stating: "Don't be a hero! My goal is to get martyed! Don't ruin that!"

Peter and the Disciples would have lost if they had fought the Romans; they would have all been killed, and Jesus' teachings would have been lost forever. They had important roles yet to play.

Quote: (01-09-2018 09:14 AM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

Peter and the Disciples would have lost if they had fought the Romans; they would have all been killed, and Jesus' teachings would have been lost forever. They had important roles yet to play.

Actually the Jewish people in the land of Jesus fought the Romans not shortly afterwards. They were wiped out and the main temples were destroyed also giving birth to a far more virulent and negative strain in the Talmud later.

They fought bravely, but back then Rome was way too powerful.

So what?

Another dishonest point. David was also likely to lose to Goliath. You want to invoke prudance when it suits you and you want to look the other way when it does not.

Heroism is by definition an action against owerwhelming odds, it would not be that heroic if risk were low. Martydom is also a stance against greater power. Nothing about both of these things has to do with what is safe or less risky or good for staying alive. They are both tools to pass on something more valuable then merely your own life.

Quote: (01-08-2018 06:34 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Beast1 Don't laugh and wish better luck after a weak attempt of refutation like that.

lets anylize your examples:

[b]David - I agree his standing up to Goliath is heroic. But that's just one example and that's the best you are going to find in Bible. One man acting heroic doesn't tell anything about values of his tribe. David also sent an innocent man to his death because he lusted for his wife.

Daniel willing to get better be eaten by lions than renouncing his faith. That's the definition of martydom. That's not heroism. Martydom is not always bad, but it is passive. Heroism is taking action. Hoping to get saved by God's miracle either before or after death is a hope of a martyr. Heroism is taking action and responsibility in your own hands, knowing that if not you, then possibly no one will do what needs to be done.

So out of 3 examples you hit one. Your post is 33% accurate only. Weak post. And you dare to laugh about mine? That's dishonest man. If your faith is true why do you resort to such obvious lies as taking clear examples of gloryfying martydom over heroism and trying to pass them as the opposite? You are building your case on obvious twisting of truth, building your house on sand.

[Image: lol.gif]

Continuing on with your intellectual dishonesty, goalpost moving, and typical romanticization of a dead culture , let's pick apart your dishonesty:

-King David is flat out the most revered King in all of Jewish history for his heroism in front of Goliath. Him standing up to Goliath was heroic bar none is the epitome of pure heroism. The f*cking Jews made him their king. How is this not heroism? Not only was Goliath three to four times taller than him and he turned down Saul's armor to fight with nothing more than a staff and sling!

-Daniel knew his God would protect him the same way the Vikings knew their Norse gods were behind him when they would go on their raids. The definition of martrydom is the death or suffering of a martry. Daniel did not die, nor did he suffer at all. Hard to martyr yourself when no pain or suffering comes to your being.

- Were we talking about Jesus? No, we were talking about Peter. Stop moving the goal posts, this is sloppy even for yourself. You should know better. Peter stood up to the centurion without any backing up what so ever. What Jesus did afterward was immaterial.

And this is off of the top of my head. If I had more time on my hands, i'd love to blow up your low energy position with even more examples.

Here's a better topic for discussion: Ever wonder why the pagans don't exist anymore Mage?

They don't exist because they were not heroic in the face of the Christian armies and missionaries, especially Charlemagne in the 10th and 11th centuries. Your pagans lost because they were flat out cowards.

At least Judeo Christian tradition has survived centuries longer than your beloved pagan cowards. The only thing that will continue after this post is some continued fapping to dead traditions, intellectual dishonesty, and logical fallacies because "muh paganism".

Quote: (01-09-2018 09:42 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Actually the Jewish people in the land of Jesus fought the Romans not shortly afterwards. They were wiped out and the main temples were destroyed also giving birth to a far more virulent and negative strain in the Talmud later.

They fought bravely, but back then Rome was way too powerful.

And that is why the Jews continue to be a cursed people today; they chose Barabbas the Zealot over Jesus.

From that moment on, they have always been cultural revolutionaries. That is why we have had their constant efforts to distort our culture and destroy our morals and faith.

They see themselves as the zealots who must overthrow the West, until the bitter end.

Quote: (01-09-2018 09:44 AM)Mage Wrote:  

David was also likely to lose to Goliath.

You would have the Disciples all killed, so you could prove a point and win an argument.

No one is saying the Jews don't value martyrdom. They do to this day, in their constant seeking of victimhood. It's unhealthy.

The dishonest point is yours, though. What Peter and the Disciples would have done would not have been heroism; it would have been folly, and we would be living in even darker times now.

Quote: (01-09-2018 10:35 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Continuing on with your intellectual dishonesty, goalpost moving, and typical romanticization of a dead culture , let's pick apart your dishonesty:

-King David is flat out the most revered King in all of Jewish history for his heroism in front of Goliath. Him standing up to Goliath was heroic bar none is the epitome of pure heroism. The f*cking Jews made him their king. How is this not heroism? Not only was Goliath three to four times taller than him and he turned down Saul's armor to fight with nothing more than a staff and sling!

I already agreed that David was Heroic. The only one of your three examples that is valid. You are saying that I denied his heroism. You are an obvious liar.

-Daniel knew his God would protect him the same way the Vikings knew their Norse gods were behind him when they would go on their raids. The definition of martrydom is the death or suffering of a martry. Daniel did not die, nor did he suffer at all. Hard to martyr yourself when no pain or suffering comes to your being.

To say that Daniel knew he would be saved totally destroys the concept of faith. If Daniel knew that he would be saved every Christian martyr who died afterwards is a fool by t your logic.

Vikings knew not that their Gods are behind them. Their faith in their Gods has always been more symbolic then the naive faith Christians have.

- Were we talking about Jesus? No, we were talking about Peter. Stop moving the goal posts, this is sloppy even for yourself. You should know better. Peter stood up to the centurion without any backing up what so ever. What Jesus did afterward was immaterial.

Is Gospel about Peter? Or is it about Jesus? Everything that is written there about other persons is to provide context for life and actions of Jesus. Peter attacking a roman soldier is there merely so that Jesus could stop him and give people a lesson trough Peter. It's a literal plot put there by author of Gospels or if you are faithful then it's a situation created by God.

And this is off of the top of my head. If I had more time on my hands, i'd love to blow up your low energy position with even more examples.

You didn't find anything new between your lost post and this one. Mumbling about low energy is some totally unrelated ad hominem, that proves your dishonesty again.

Here's a better topic for discussion: Ever wonder why the pagans don't exist anymore Mage?

They don't exist because they were not heroic in the face of the Christian armies and missionaries, especially Charlemagne in the 10th and 11th centuries. Your pagans lost because they were flat out cowards.

There is a lot to answer here, but it's off topic. To provide quick hints - paganism does exist still and is resurfacing. You don''t think modern pagans are valid because you think we must literally believe pagan gods like Christians believe their God literally. You have a weak Christian centrist view of paganism. Your internal dishonesty is not allowing you to understand more.

As you may know my country is Latvia. Latvian nation consists of 5 pagan tribes. One of our Tribes the seashore dwelling Kursi has historical record of going Viking. Latvian nation is second oldest Indo-European language in Europe after Lithianian. These five tribes were conquered 700 years ago during 5th crusades. Pagans crushed the initial military attempts. They were conquered later using various tactics of deception and causing rivalries between tribes as well as constant military pressure and overwhelming numbers. The noble pagans were brave, but naive and not as unified and were deceived. The pagan tribes were loving independence and were not as closely tied. The Christians where a Borg of fanatics united by the same ideology and they did manage to assimilate pagan tribes. For 600 years Latvian nation was conquered and ruled by Christian Germans, Swedes and Russians. For all intents and purposes it was apparently dead. But 600 years passed and Latvia became independent again. We are a nation where a pagan holiday of summer solstice is a national Holiday - a day where each Latvian, even those who go to church performs pagan rituals. Pagan literature and songs and hymns and wisdom are tough in our schools. We have pagan music festivals and dance festivals. Most Latvians shun Christianity as a foreign ideology. The pagan identity is resurfacing and growing in Latvia, in Lithuania, in Russia. Once people see how Christianity has betrayed them it will reemerge in Scandinavia too. Scandinavia will not be Muslim, the Arabs will die off like flies in the cold weather once the country bankrupts and social services stop flowing. The camels will perish and the sheep will perish, the Wolves will survive.

If you tell me Paganism is dead and cannot be reborn I will but laugh and spit in your face - you Christian sheep. History of paganism is history of my nation and of my blood, we have survived and we will survive. Who are you - an immigrant to other continent without his roots, without genealogy, believing in faith of other tribe. You are not a predator, you are not a survivor. You are a sheep and proud to be one.

At least Judeo Christian tradition has survived centuries longer than your beloved pagan cowards. The only thing that will continue after this post is some continued fapping to dead traditions, intellectual dishonesty, and logical fallacies because "muh paganism".

Christianity has existed 2000 years, Christians take pride in this - it is comical. Your faith is fading now, has lost all vitality and is low energy and is cucked by Islam and Judaism as it was intended from the very beginning.
Paganism has existed since Stone age, it is the original and true worldview. As long as Sun gives light to earth, as long as Venus will rise early in mornings, as long as Jupiter will protect us from cosmic horrors, the paganism will exist.

Some of you seem to misunderstand Christian martyrdom. If you look at it historically it's usually men dying like men for what they believe under circumstances they weren't in control of at all and couldn't possibly have been. Martyrs typically don't want to die. They just accept that physical death is not the end and in the grand scheme of things isn't all that important to them due to their belief in the afterlife. Being true to your deeply held beliefs in the face of mortal threats is.

And there is also something inherently manly and rebellious about dying with dignity when your oppressor holds all the cards and wants to humiliate you by getting you to renege on your beliefs before they kill you anyway.

Also there are martyrs of every faith and even political ideology. It takes balls not to beg and plead for your life like a bitch when you know you're going to die.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Quote: (01-09-2018 10:40 AM)Super_Fire Wrote:  

And that is why the Jews continue to be a cursed people today; they chose Barabbas the Zealot over Jesus.

From that moment on, they have always been cultural revolutionaries. That is why we have had their constant efforts to distort our culture and destroy our morals and faith.

They see themselves as the zealots who must overthrow the West, until the bitter end.

How are Jews cursed? They have kept their lineage and traditions for millennia. They possess the whole world including their ancestral homeland. You are cursed, my friend because you don't believe in the faith of your ancestors, you have lost the aristocratic lineage of your ancestors, you are a man of no past, how can there be a future for you? Among you a degenerate has the same right as a prince. Your God is a Jewish martyr. Where is a God from your blood? Where is your land, your sacred rivers, your sacred stones? Where does the sun shine that is perfect for your skin? Where do trees grow that bear fruit that contain the perfect enzymes for your blood, the trees that have evolved together with your ancestors? Where is your holy grove?

Quote: (01-09-2018 09:44 AM)Mage Wrote:  

David was also likely to lose to Goliath.

You would have the Disciples all killed, so you could prove a point and win an argument.

No one is saying the Jews don't value martyrdom. They do to this day, in their constant seeking of victimhood. It's unhealthy.

The dishonest point is yours, though. What Peter and the Disciples would have done would not have been heroism; it would have been folly, and we would be living in even darker times now.

Your post is very Christian-centric you see any other viewpoint about apostles as an attack on them and you see any other possible outcome rather then widespread Christianity as darkness. You need to reevaluate your beliefs from an objective outside point of view.

Quote: (01-09-2018 03:25 PM)(((Mage))) Wrote:  

[Image: 1481329060810.png]

[Image: laugh3.gif]