rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Liquid meals?

Liquid meals?

I was looking at Soylent on amazon, and thought that it might have benefits to drink the occasional meal (not touching Soylent though). Besides taking protein powder, I was thinking I could throw in supplements, nootropics etc and maybe get better absorption of the ingredients, and maybe longer satiety depending on what I put in. I know about juicing and I do that occasionally, but is there any real benefits to something like this? Does it exist already?

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Liquid meals?

Depends on the ingredient.

Digestion is improved with liquid meals as it essentially removes the chewing portion and the food hits the small intestine quicker. The problem is that your body can only absorb and utilize so much per hour, and the rest is converted into blood glucose and then fat.

Because of this I'm a proponent of keeping liquid meals fairly moderate in calories and also including a fat such as almond butter or peanut butter, and then utilizing some amount of casein protein and a small amount of soluble fiber to slow the rate that the shake moves through the intestine. The longer it stays in the small intestine, the longer your body can utilize the nutrients as they're needed.

Liquid meals?

I've tried the Soylent stuff and I've hated it. Maybe because I didn't add any flavor to the basic "neutral vomit" flavor, maybe because of nutrition profile.

By way of contrast, I've really enjoyed Keto Fuel powders -> http://superbodyfuel.com/shop/keto-fuel/. Flavor is good and they seem really satisfying to me, probably because of the higher fat content in the drink.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Liquid meals?

I've read that the chewing portion is quite important for digestion. Most people eat too fast and don't give food enough time to be acted upon by enzymes in saliva.

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27

Liquid meals?

Quote: (01-06-2018 04:55 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

Depends on the ingredient.

Digestion is improved with liquid meals as it essentially removes the chewing portion and the food hits the small intestine quicker. The problem is that your body can only absorb and utilize so much per hour, and the rest is converted into blood glucose and then fat.

Because of this I'm a proponent of keeping liquid meals fairly moderate in calories and also including a fat such as almond butter or peanut butter, and then utilizing some amount of casein protein and a small amount of soluble fiber to slow the rate that the shake moves through the intestine. The longer it stays in the small intestine, the longer your body can utilize the nutrients as they're needed.
I thought dairy/rice milk, banana/berries for some bulk, protein powder, maybe nut butter, and my stack, which is noopept, ashwagandha and a few others. I don't really do shakes after exercise (digestive issues, so I tend to eat something solid), but I thought at work it could help deliver everything I need and want, especially as I can't always sit down to eat a proper meal.

Quote: (01-07-2018 09:12 AM)not_dead_yet Wrote:  

I've tried the Soylent stuff and I've hated it. Maybe because I didn't add any flavor to the basic "neutral vomit" flavor, maybe because of nutrition profile.

By way of contrast, I've really enjoyed Keto Fuel powders -> http://superbodyfuel.com/shop/keto-fuel/. Flavor is good and they seem really satisfying to me, probably because of the higher fat content in the drink.
Yeah, Soylent's weird, and for me, probably too high in simple carbs. Re: the Keto Fuel, I guess higher fat content can be good for slow absoption of nootropics/supplements?

Quote: (01-07-2018 01:36 PM)lex the impaler Wrote:  

I've read that the chewing portion is quite important for digestion. Most people eat too fast and don't give food enough time to be acted upon by enzymes in saliva.
Agreed; it wouldn't be three meals a day though-probably just one and that not every day.

"The woman most eager to jump out of her petticoat to assert her rights is the first to jump back into it when threatened with a switching for misusing them,"
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Liquid meals?

Soylent seems like a quite interesting diet option to me, but I had never gone through with it to try a bottle.
Do the soyboy memes have any merit to them, or is the estrogenic soy element neutralized, leaving only the ridiculous meme material name behind?

Traditionalists and Old-Schoolers will automatically shit on it, but reality is that most people don't have either the time and skill to cook nutritional meals everyday nor the bucks to buy it prepared from good sources

Have any other members tried it?
What is your experience with the stuff?
Did your body react well?
Any info on hormonal side effects, test levels etc?

Most of what I've read only speaks about the beef(pun non-intended) with mainstream nutritionists, but so far their macros look good enough.

Liquid meals?

theres a website for homemade soylent recipes, it was pretty good, cant remember the name

Liquid meals?

What the fuck is this soy boy thread doing on RVF?