rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iranian Revolution Thread

Discuss...

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I hope POTUS Trump sees this as a great opportunity to dimolish 20th century libiralism from Jimmy carter to obama sucking up to the imams and push Iran towards a modern, pro-west, open and capitalist society like we should've had.

What is the colour of this "revolution"?

Good question

But hopefully pro-Constitutional.

Is this organically driven.Or is it orchestrated by NGO's and foreign backers?

I know a lot of Persians.

0% support the current Islamic Republic. Granted, these are all western minded people who support capitalism, expensive booze, real estate and blonde chicks.

All the same, I had scotch with a Persian friend tonight. He hopes they give these fuckers hell before real war starts with the Sauds/Pakistan/Iraq.

I have also met a lot of Persians (mostly living in the US). Good folks, I have enjoyed their company. I also have some in my extended family (step mom's brother married one).

I really hope that all those protests are genuine. From what I have seen, they might be - Iran's economy is rather poor, and Iran's current involvement in Lebanon, Syria, Yemen (and other places) is not helping too much.

Let's see how it goes.... .

its too soon to think about it as a real movement.

Any links to some particular events?

I wish I could see Traktor commenting all of this. Too bad he is banned.

A Communist defending Islamists. Man...that would be fun to watch!

Quote: (12-30-2017 06:44 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Any links to some particular events?

Quote:[/url]

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/VOAIran/status/947076811040657408]

@behman, what are they chanting? Is it much too early to call this revolution?

@Irenicus, why was Traktor banned?

Quote: (12-30-2017 07:28 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

@Irenicus, why was Traktor banned?

thread-54551...pid1705733

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/946949708915924994][/url]

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilised community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others...in the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute." - John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Earlier this year, in September, the kurd in Baneh already did some protests and riots and were practically not covered by no media, and were quickly repressed.

The Iranian islamic regime is under heavy internal pressure since a long time, mostly from people that want a more western-like goverment, to religious and ethnic diferences (arabs, kurds, etc).

As far i know, this protest looks like as anti-goverment and "non colored", but in this times, you never know.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote: (12-30-2017 09:18 AM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Earlier this year, in September, the kurd in Baneh already did some protests and riots and were practically not covered by no media, and were quickly repressed.

The Iranian islamic regime is under heavy internal pressure since a long time, mostly from people that want a more western-like goverment, to religious and ethnic diferences (arabs, kurds, etc).

As far i know, this protest looks like as anti-goverment and "non colored", but in this times, you never know.
It does seem that in spite of a more theologically conservative government ever since the 1979 Iranian revolution.

This bitter divide on par with the left-right paradigm in western civilization still seems to exist.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...41236.html

There are women who protest the Hijab and have their own versions of feminism in Iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_...y_activism

This along with other leftist currents may have helped lead to the current situation

Remember Obama's Iran Deal? That would be interesting to watch out for if rumors were true.
Quote:[/url]

Edit.
Hmm...
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/SohrabAhmari/status/947097804882825216]

Quote:Quote:

Iranians Shatter a New York Times Myth
The people haven't closed ranks behind the regime.

So much for the New York Times theory that, thanks to Trumpian and Saudi bellicosity, the Iranian people have closed ranks behind their rulers. In November, the paper’s Tehran bureau chief, Thomas Erdbrink, devoted an extended feature to making this case, and it proved wildly popular with the pro-nuclear deal crowd in Washington.

“After years of cynicism, sneering or simply tuning out all things political,” wrote Erdbrink, “Iran’s urban middle classes have been swept up in a wave of nationalist fervor.” He went on: “Mr. Trump and the Saudis have helped the government achieve what years of repression could never accomplish: widespread public support for the hard-line view that the United States and Riyadh cannot be trusted.”

Erdbrink’s argument echoed rhetoric from Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif. Responding to October’s announcement of new U.S. sanctions against the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Zarif tweeted: “Today, Iranians–boys, girls, men, women–are ALL IRGC.”

Or not.

This week, tens of thousands of Iranians took to the streets to register their anger, not at Donald Trump or the House of Saud, but at the mullahs and their security apparatus. It was economic grievances that initially ignited the protests in the northeastern city of Mashhad. But soon the uprising grew and spread to at least 18 cities nationwide. And the slogans shifted from joblessness and corruption to opposition to the Islamic Republic in toto. These included:

Death to [Supreme Leader Ali] Khamenei!

Death to Hezbollah!

Not Gaza, Not Lebanon, Our Life Only for Iran!

We Will Die to Get Our Iran Back!

Clerics Out of Our Country!

The outcome of the protests is hard to predict. So far, the movement is leaderless and appears to lack serious organization. The protesters face a regime that spends much of its energy and resources on ensuring its own survival and won’t hesitate to crack down viciously, as it did in 1999 and 2009. But whatever comes next, Iranians have already shattered one liberal myth: namely, that Donald Trump has revived the regime’s popularity at home.

I still honestly don't understand what the Iranian people are protesting about.

Obama's deal with Iran proved zionists don't fully control the left. That's why it's important they control 'opposition' like breitbart (and even trump) to keep the same white Christians they're destroying deluded into dying for israel. That's how they ensure jewish Israeli victory they need a majority of left and right to support this bullshit.

Iraq taught them they just have to dress it up as 'human rights' to justify war.

Apparently in iran it's being justified as 'womens rights' to overthrow the government lol. I hate to say this but I think iran needs to stay Shia theocratic otherwise it will degrade into international jewish 'capitalism'.

Quote: (12-30-2017 01:42 AM)infowarrior1 Wrote:  

Is this organically driven.Or is it orchestrated by NGO's and foreign backers?

Saudi Arabia has a severe autocratic government that tightly controls its population and has financed Wahabi madrassas throughout the Moslem world for decades leading to Sunni fundamentalist jihadists becoming a global problem and existential threat to the Western Civilization. But they have a lot of money and oil and they've got some tit-for-tat back scratching going on with the Israelis.

Iran also has an autocratic government. But it has not funded jihadist madrassas. It also is not as rich as Saudi Arabia and does not bribe, I mean invest, as much in the west. It also has not reached an understanding with either the Israelis or the Saudis and actively fights against Israel and Saudi Arabia and Saudi and Israeli interests. And Iran and Iran's allies have recently achieved significant battlefield victories that weaken Israel's and Israel's ally Saudi Arabia's geopolitical positions.

Thus you know exactly which Moslem country is barbaric and terroristic and is a disgustingly undemocratic threat. Iran.

Cue the riots and the calls for revolution from the "Iranian people."

MIGA*

[Image: miss_iran_finalists_72l.jpg]

[Image: iranian-women-fashion-1970-before-islami...ran-32.jpg]

[Image: CWLooOnUwAAk9Fb.jpg]

*Make Iran great again

Quote: (12-30-2017 06:09 AM)Irenicus Wrote:  

I have also met a lot of Persians (mostly living in the US). Good folks, I have enjoyed their company. I also have some in my extended family (step mom's brother married one).

I really hope that all those protests are genuine. From what I have seen, they might be - Iran's economy is rather poor, and Iran's current involvement in Lebanon, Syria, Yemen (and other places) is not helping too much.

Let's see how it goes.... .

The current situation has also created a lot of oligarchs in Iran, who enjoy a lot more movement in and out of country than most of the people. Money talks in Iran.

Some of the largest real estate holdings in Canada are Persian oligarchs. I am sure LA and NY have the same names attached to some very high profile buildings.

The rich Persians I know here in Vancouver, still go to Iran on vacation to see family. They all say the same thing; That it would be great to get their country back, their vineyards and their beach resorts.

I hope an overthrow of the Islamist happens as peaceful as possible. That would hopefully calm down the neocons and zionists wanting war with the country.

the only reason i went to streets in 2009 and shouted death to khamenei was that i wanted the fundamental change in iran, right now i can't see anything good comes out of any revolution in iran. people are tired of this right wing regime and they see liberals as a better choice for their future which is fucked up.
VOA(voice of america) which is against iran's regime preach feminism all the time, most of iranian channels in UK and US preach sjw shit.A lot of people here look up to these channels for guidance and information.
Its a bit scary to think about my countries future.

The anti government sentiment is for sure genuine among many there. But the direction of the movement and probable leadership isnt. We had the same situation in lebanon with regards to Syrian occupation. We were against it, were fighting it, suddenly Bush decided to target Syria, and we saw all these business people, NGOs, key politicians, sects, join us suddenly and it became an unstoppable movement. We succeeded and celebrated.

Then after a year those who jumped on the wagon and the US try to plunge us into a civil war to take out Hezballah.

Libya cheered the death of Gaddafi and got the prehistoric ages back.

Iraq cheered Saddam and got isis and alqaeda.

If Iran falls, the middle east falls to Saudi/Israel and then the sunnis of the caucasus will be activated against Russia again. Russia will be encricled with cucked Europe and US and the new islamic world and will fall.

Those of you cheering for this and who are against globalisation will have taken out the two regimes who were outside of the new world order and banks control.

Quote: (12-30-2017 11:29 AM)kbell Wrote:  

I hope an overthrow of the Islamist happens as peaceful as possible. That would hopefully calm down the neocons and zionists wanting war with the country.

"I hope an overthrow of Saddam Hussein happens as peacefully as possible. That would hopefully calm down the neocons and zionists wanting war."

"I hope an overthrow of Bashar al-Assad happens as peacefully as possible. That would hopefully calm down the neocons and zionists wanting war."

It's....almost like there's a pattern. Weird!