rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Don't look for information at reddit.com/bitcoin

I've browsed this reddit the last couple days and was struck by how cult-like and fanboyish most posts are. Why is noone criticizing the stupid fees, and worried that this will kill bitcoin? Why are some people saying the fees are, in fact, a good thing? etc.

Turns out they heavily censor, removing negative (critical of bitcoin) posts as quickly as 10 minutes from post time.

I'm assuming most here read with a critical enough eye to realize something is up when something is in fact up, just a warning not to take anything there seriously.

/r/bitcoin is like the crypto version of /r/politics

/r/btc is the non censored version, it's still pretty biased towards bitcoin cash as it was originally people against bitcoin core developers (/r/bitcoin) but you can post any viewpoint there without being censored.

Yeah savage I've been browsing /r/btc and /r/buttcoin, both are far superior reddits.

r/Cryptocurrency can be interesting if you want to make money, but they're usually the last people to learn anything useful.

I've never read anything on another reddit that's made me any money.

Quote: (12-27-2017 09:30 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

I've browsed this reddit the last couple days and was struck by how cult-like and fanboyish most posts are. Why is noone criticizing the stupid fees, and worried that this will kill bitcoin? Why are some people saying the fees are, in fact, a good thing? etc.

Turns out they heavily censor, removing negative (critical of bitcoin) posts as quickly as 10 minutes from post time.

I'm assuming most here read with a critical enough eye to realize something is up when something is in fact up, just a warning not to take anything there seriously.

+1

For Ethereum I find

r/ethereum really great. Vitalik Buterin actually comments on it every now and then
r/ethtrader a bit less so. It's more geared towards prices than tech discussion

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

So are you guys pro BTC or BCH? Is it specifically the censorship of r/bitcoin that you oppose or simply that you prefer the heavily BCH leaning r/btc?

I agree that $30 transaction fees or similar are ridiculous. For it to be used as currency in anything other than in very high value transactions, this needs to be resolved. The whole "store of value" angle comparing it to gold which also effectively has high "transaction fees" if you attempt to use it as currency, I see as both a positive and a negative. Looking upon BTC as deflationary, "digital gold" is a good argument for speculative investment, but obviously its use as currency is restricted to high value transactions.

There's no reason why the two cannot coexist. $0.10 fees are great for BCH users. However the lower fee is only one aspect of the debate.

I'm pro both but bitcoin has issues that need to resolved very soon or it's gonna crash much harder (ridiculous transaction fees, insane backlog.) Simply pointing this out should not be cause to be banned from a subreddit. Fact is, people holding bitcoin need people to keep buying in or the value will plummit, so I understand why it's censored, but I can't stand by that at all and it makes bitcoin look like a ponzi scheme.

I like BCH because it does what bitcoin was designed for. This is a kind of "mission statement" from bitcoin OG satoshi: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Bitcoin no longer fills many of the requirements outlined here.

the BTC subreddit is full of BCH fanboys, so many of the same issues, but they don't do hardcore censorship there.