rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Balanced Guide to Instagram Game

Disclaimer: previous Instagram threads were closed because of self-promotion of Instagram growth services. Roosh has given me permisssion to restart this thread as long as it includes no self-promotion.

Why develop your Instagram presence?

Instagram tends to polarize people.

The mantra among a lot of guys in the community (especially the more red-pilled guys) is to avoid Instagram entirely because it's a haven of beta-ization and attention whoring.

Other guys claim it's the best tool in the world, will replace Tinder, and you should be opening every girl on it and putting Tinder on the backburner.

The reality is somewhere in between both of these claims. If used correctly, Instagram can be used to your advantage as a man to show off your lifestyle to women and increase their attraction to you. But if used incorrectly, it can be a time suck and cause you to spend hours scrolling through your feed with girls you'll never fuck that don't look half as good as they do in their photos.

At the end of the day, Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social networks in the world, and it is one of the only networks that is majority female. By using Instagram, you're moving to where the ratios are best.

How to use Instagram

For leads who don't want to meet up right away

Instagram is better than text for leads that you may not be seeing for a couple weeks, as well as for girls in other countries that are part of a weak rotation. Because they're constantly logging in, they're going to be viewing your updates and will be reminded of you often.

As a close mechanism for daygame and night game

If you have a short interaction during daygame or night game and are unable to build enough attraction to give the girl a good idea of who you are, making her follow you on Instagram is a great alternative to text. She'll often look at your profile right away and get an idea of your high value. No longer are you just a random guy on the street or in the club.

DHV tool for online game

You should be linking your Instagram in every app and site you use, especially apps like Tinder and Bumble which limit you to a small number of photos and bio. Girls do look at linked Instagrams and I've had more success getting girls out on dates when they are given a glimpse into the lifestyle I display on Instagram.

As a standalone dating app (not very effective)

A lot of guys claim you can use Instagram effectively as a standalone dating app. I have done extensive testing on this and I don't believe it's worth the time in most markets.

For example, here are my stats from a test run I did following girls that had their Instagram linked to Tinder over the period of three months:

3041 girls followed (and liked three of their photos)
100 girls followed back (3.28%)
73 were hot enough to open
45 replied to opener
12 gave their number or agreed to date
1 date
0 bangs

Instagram in 2017 can be compared to MySpace in 2007. Were guys meeting girls on MySpace? Yes. As many as on Match.com or an actual dating app? No. So you are best resorting the DMing girls on Instagram out of the blue if you are running short on leads from other sites.

Now, keep in mind I live in the worst city in the US for men (San Francisco), so you may have different results in your city. I know that I've had as much as a 15-20% followback rate in other US cities. Go ahead and give it a try where you live and see if it's worth your while.

How to increase your status on Instagram

There are two ways to increase your status on Instagram: more followers and better photos.

To get more followers, you'll need to use a service like https://www.followliker.com/ and follow/unfollow users and like their photos, which will artifically grow your follow count. Once you have Followliker, follow this guide to grow your page: http://imristo.com/the-ultimate-followli...-tutorial.

To get better photos, you'll want to invest in a phone with a nice camera, or a DSLR, define a niche (are you a DJ? Weightlifter? College dude? World traveler?) and put up photos in that niche that represent your personality. In general, the best type of niche is one that portrays you as a high-status guy and hits all the attraction switches:
- Leader of men
- Protector of love lines
- Preselected by other women
- Ability to emote
- Risk taker

That should be it for now. As more questions get asked, I'll update this first post to add more information.

How many followers a day are you getting from followliker?

Quote: (12-25-2017 02:03 AM)corsega Wrote:  

As a close mechanism for daygame and night game

If you have a short interaction during daygame or night game and are unable to build enough attraction to give the girl a good idea of who you are, making her follow you on Instagram is a great alternative to text. She'll often look at your profile right away and get an idea of your high value. No longer are you just a random guy on the street or in the club.

To me this feels like the best usecase for IG. Cold approaching a girl and giving her your high value IG profile will make a world of difference versus just asking for her number.

Just a couple notes, agreed that it’s best use for closing instead of using a number or fb. It’s actually not even close IMO, the only reason you wouldn’t do it is if your account isn’t up to par because the results aren’t comparable and you can grab her WhatsApp off DMs after a message or two anyway.

Regarding your “study,” I’ve mentioned on locked threads but I don’t think the best strategy was to do it with only tinder girls. They already have a plethora of option on tinder, and there’s a decent chance they only have it linked to get more followers. The are the single instagram hoes, probably already with a ton of DMs. The girls chasing followers are necessarily the ones you wanted to be cold messaging on IG. Also, your results are highly dependent on your IG profile, so without knowing what your pictures, follower counts, etc look like it would be hard to gauge those results. If you are using geotag locations instead of tinder you’ll also probably be more likely to find girls that aren’t locals. In a city as touristy as SF, the fact people call it the Whittier in USA is a joke, people are constantly moving there for work and tourists are in and out everyday.

I’d disagree that FL is artificially increasing numbers, it results in genuine followers. Buying followers would be artificial.

Anyway, I think this thread sums up the basics. Prepare for the onslaught of technique questions regarding openers, strategies for getting girls to read your message, etc.

Quote: (12-25-2017 07:57 AM)wonderer1 Wrote:  

How many followers a day are you getting from followliker?

150 a day if I follow random Brazilians.

Quote: (12-25-2017 11:02 AM)DigitalNomad Wrote:  

Just a couple notes, agreed that it’s best use for closing instead of using a number or fb. It’s actually not even close IMO, the only reason you wouldn’t do it is if your account isn’t up to par because the results aren’t comparable and you can grab her WhatsApp off DMs after a message or two anyway.

Regarding your “study,” I’ve mentioned on locked threads but I don’t think the best strategy was to do it with only tinder girls. They already have a plethora of option on tinder, and there’s a decent chance they only have it linked to get more followers. The are the single instagram hoes, probably already with a ton of DMs. The girls chasing followers are necessarily the ones you wanted to be cold messaging on IG. Also, your results are highly dependent on your IG profile, so without knowing what your pictures, follower counts, etc look like it would be hard to gauge those results. If you are using geotag locations instead of tinder you’ll also probably be more likely to find girls that aren’t locals. In a city as touristy as SF, the fact people call it the Whittier in USA is a joke, people are constantly moving there for work and tourists are in and out everyday.

I’d disagree that FL is artificially increasing numbers, it results in genuine followers. Buying followers would be artificial.

Anyway, I think this thread sums up the basics. Prepare for the onslaught of technique questions regarding openers, strategies for getting girls to read your message, etc.

Misuse of the term artificial on my part, I mean more that it's a strategy for getting followers outside of general promotion. Unfortunately it looks like you can't edit posts an hour after they're posted.

Regarding following Tinder girls vs. following girls in general, I'd have to do a test. There's no real easy way to do this, though, because there's no hashtag to follow that ensures you follow 100% women. Even if the follow-back rate is lower, wouldn't you agree it prevents timewasters in general (like women who are not sexually available because they have a partner, 60-year old moms, etc.)?

My profile is decent. 11K+ followers, high-quality photos, etc. Only thing it's missing is more photos of me and more social proof shots. Like I said, in other cities I get decent followback percentage, it's just SF that's tough.

Quote: (12-25-2017 11:50 AM)corsega Wrote:  

150 a day if I follow random Brazilians.

That's a very impressive rate. I'd be curious as to what everyone's settings are for FollowLiker. I've been able to grow my account from ~200 followers to just shy of 14k in just over 6 months exclusively through FLer. On average, I'm probably netting around 80 followers per day, with some days > 100 and others 60 or less. I'm targeting the followers of other accounts in my niche and liking specific hash tags. I also do photography on the side and have incredible photos of lots of different destinations.

I'm following just over 800 users per day and then unfollowing two days later. I'm also liking around 700 photos per day, but I haven't noticed a substantial follower increase from the activity (I've completely disabled liking and seem to get the same gains).

Ill share a lil insider tip for all you guys that dont know anything about online marketing and are wasting your $ on things like followliker

http://retentionpanel.com

This is where online marketers buy their social media followers/likes/views for EVERY social media platform.

I got 5k insta followers for around $5
Now its a lil more expensive $1.6 for 1k followers.

Follow liker cost for a year = $170. You could buy over 100k followers for that instantly without wasting time.

From my experience. You should expect around 20% of the cheapest baught followers to unfollow in the first week. at least 75%+ retention long term.

No one has ever called me out on fake followers. Only once a girl called me out asking why all my followers are hot girls after adding like 1000+ girls from my phone.

As far as I can see unless you are trying to monetize your insta, services like follow liker offer NO benefits over just buying followers for cheaper. Just spend $10 buying followers and some likes and forget about it

Quote: (12-25-2017 01:32 PM)Prince Charming Wrote:  

No one has ever called me out on fake followers. Only once a girl called me out asking why all my followers are hot girls after adding like 1000+ girls from my phone.

How about the girls that saw you were getting no engagement on your photos, despite having tons of followers, and discounted you?

How about the girls that did check your followers list, saw a bunch of spam accounts, and discounted you?

There's a saying in customer support: only 2% of people will report that they have an issue. For the one girl that spoke up, there's most likely 19 more that looked at your profile and saw it was fake.

I was lucky enough to get in on Followliker under the lifetime flat fee pricing. It allows me to do some pretty neat things like add entire social circles of girls, giving me social proof where the girls start following me because they see their friends are (only really works in smaller cities).

To get better photos, you'll want to invest in a phone with a nice camera, or a DSLR, define a niche (are you a DJ? Weightlifter? College dude? World traveler?) and put up photos in that niche that represent your personality. In general, the best type of niche is one that portrays you as a high-status guy and hits all the attraction switches:
- Leader of men
- Ability to emote
- Risk taker

Could you clarify what "protector of love lines" means?

Quote: (12-25-2017 06:57 PM)cholula Wrote:  

- Leader of men
- Ability to emote
- Risk taker

Could you clarify what "protector of love lines" means?

Should read loved ones. Really should have given the original post more than one revision. I also wish I knew it wasn't possible to edit the first post in the thread!

For guys concerned about rising costs of FL, plenty of cheaper options here:

https://www.blackhatworld.com/forums/social-media.200/

How do you increase you engagement rate?

I have about 4000 followers but my posts get around 100 likes and 0 comments.

Quote: (12-25-2017 03:43 PM)corsega Wrote:  

How about the girls that saw you were getting no engagement on your photos, despite having tons of followers, and discounted you?

How about the girls that did check your followers list, saw a bunch of spam accounts, and discounted you?

There's a saying in customer support: only 2% of people will report that they have an issue. For the one girl that spoke up, there's most likely 19 more that looked at your profile and saw it was fake.

I was lucky enough to get in on Followliker under the lifetime flat fee pricing. It allows me to do some pretty neat things like add entire social circles of girls, giving me social proof where the girls start following me because they see their friends are (only really works in smaller cities).

The baught accounts look more real than my real followers lol. And I baught engagement for a few cents. I think you are WAY off in your assessment, What hot girl is gonna spend time investing a profile beyond the first few pics... personally I wouldnt bat an eye at loosing 20 leads

This summer I accidentally added 200 girls into a whatsapp group chat lolol. things didnt go well. It was all the girls from my city whos name started with A in my phone. I laughed and later banged a girl whos name started with B

Quote: (12-26-2017 09:37 AM)Prince Charming Wrote:  

Quote: (12-25-2017 03:43 PM)corsega Wrote:  

The baught accounts look more real than my real followers lol. And I baught engagement for a few cents. I think you are WAY off in your assessment, What hot girl is gonna spend time investing a profile beyond the first few pics... personally I wouldnt bat an eye at loosing 20 leads

This summer I accidentally added 200 girls into a whatsapp group chat lolol. things didnt go well. It was all the girls from my city whos name started with A in my phone. I laughed and later banged a girl whos name started with B

You realize how much time hot girls spend on Instagram, right? They're stalkers.

One of the hottest girls I went out with, an 8 Thai/Indian sorority girl, told me on our first date that she looked through every single one of my photos, who followed me, and my tagged photos before she met up with me.

Quote: (12-26-2017 09:31 AM)Sanguine Wrote:  

How do you increase you engagement rate?

I have about 4000 followers but my posts get around 100 likes and 0 comments.

I'm struggling with this as well, I get around 100 likes for landscape photos, 300 for photos of me, and I have 11K followers. Instagram made a change a few months ago to a different feed that vastly lowers engagement.

For me, engagement is the most important part of my personal instagram account. I used FL for 3-4 months, and went from 200 followers to about 5.5k.

Now, 3 months later, still have 5k followers and my last photos have:
173 likes, 155, 405, 319,538, 205, 469,608, 336, 604, 395, 722,424,340, 251 likes each (ranging from 4-29 comments)

IMO, quality accounts that are not in the hundreds of thousands should be getting about 3-5% engagement. Im proud to have really zoned in on my niche and getting 10%+ for some of my pics.

Anything less than 2% is a clear indication of an artificially inflated account. I don't want to be discovered as a fraud, and with real engagement, that is impossible.

Good guide overall, I was initially surprised by those stats you posted but then it made sense once you mentioned you're in San Francisco (I'm also here).

One thing I've been meaning to try is to use Instagram and go direct/indirect, by telling girls on Instagram I'm going to XXX place on date YYY, if you're free then come join me and bring your friends. The idea is that you've demonstrated a solid lifestyle on Instagram, and you're inviting them into it without having any date expectations (you can then escalate once they come out). This sets you apart from the other Instagram guys that are just asking to meet up.

Also, how were you choosing which girls to target and ask out on dates? Was this just 3041 girls in the Bay Area?

Quote: (12-26-2017 12:54 PM)Celestial Wrote:  

Good guide overall, I was initially surprised by those stats you posted but then it made sense once you mentioned you're in San Francisco (I'm also here).

One thing I've been meaning to try is to use Instagram and go direct/indirect, by telling girls on Instagram I'm going to XXX place on date YYY, if you're free then come join me and bring your friends. The idea is that you've demonstrated a solid lifestyle on Instagram, and you're inviting them into it without having any date expectations (you can then escalate once they come out). This sets you apart from the other Instagram guys that are just asking to meet up.

Also, how were you choosing which girls to target and ask out on dates? Was this just 3041 girls in the Bay Area?

God help you, my friend. I'm guessing a lot of guys here are running the same game, which is why the response rates are so low. Lots of smart guys in tech who have figured this out. Plus girls here aren't really that impressed by status.

It's incredible how much results differ in other cities though. I was living in another (smaller) US city for the summer and the quality of the girls following me, responding to messages, and in some cases, even agreeing to a date, was ridiculous, considering I'm average-looking. Example:
[Image: eZuCjCJ.png]

In SF I get nothing but whales.

I think you're onto something with the indirect game. I know guys in the older Instagram threads pitched the girls on taking modeling photos of them and then just bait and switched it into a date.

The girls I was targeting were all girls that had their Instagrams linked to either Tinder or Bumble. I figured that was the best option because it signaled that they were single and open to casual sex.

Quote: (12-26-2017 06:33 PM)corsega Wrote:  

Quote: (12-26-2017 12:54 PM)Celestial Wrote:  

God help you, my friend. I'm guessing a lot of guys here are running the same game, which is why the response rates are so low. Lots of smart guys in tech who have figured this out. Plus girls here aren't really that impressed by status.

It's incredible how much results differ in other cities though. I was living in another (smaller) US city for the summer and the quality of the girls following me, responding to messages, and in some cases, even agreeing to a date, was ridiculous, considering I'm average-looking. Example:
[Image: eZuCjCJ.png]

In SF I get nothing but whales.

I think you're onto something with the indirect game. I know guys in the older Instagram threads pitched the girls on taking modeling photos of them and then just bait and switched it into a date.

The girls I was targeting were all girls that had their Instagrams linked to either Tinder or Bumble. I figured that was the best option because it signaled that they were single and open to casual sex.

The dating app connection is a pretty good targeting filter. Other filters I'm planning to restrict by are 21-29, live in SF/Oakland/San Mateo (I completely rule out Berkeley since I've never gotten them to come to SF IME), using some online dating app. and liking a good number of male user posts (say > 5 male users, non celeb.).

The idea is that if a girl is on dating apps like Tinder and Bumble, in SF and actively liking multiple male non-celeb. user posts (ruling out just her boyfriend's/FWB's posts), then she is likely to be single and looking for a guy. Working on a way to do this automatically but hopefully there is a significant number of chicks who fit this criteria.

[quote] (12-25-2017 03:43 PM)corsega Wrote:  

[quote='Prince Charming' pid='1706213' dateline='1514226767']

I was lucky enough to get in on Followliker under the lifetime flat fee pricing. It allows me to do some pretty neat things like add entire social circles of girls, giving me social proof where the girls start following me because they see their friends are (only really works in smaller cities).[/quote]

How does this work ?

1) I was using FollowerLiker and then they went to a monthly fee maybe 8 months after I started....there was no other option.

2) I never got the type of increase in followers from FollowerLiker ... I went from 200 to 1800 but only ranged from 1800-2000 followers for the last 2 months with them.
Their customer service is crap...horrible support as I messaged them a few times since my followers were not increasing and they were no help. With Instantical ...I have gone from 1800 followers to 3100 in 3 months now.

Not great but decent.

3) I got this idea from Vinny.... I have started my own comments engagement group. I target girls with comparable or less followers.... currently I have 5-6 hot girls that leave comments on my posts.

Quote: (12-26-2017 10:16 PM)Celestial Wrote:  

The dating app connection is a pretty good targeting filter. Other filters I'm planning to restrict by are 21-29, live in SF/Oakland/San Mateo (I completely rule out Berkeley since I've never gotten them to come to SF IME), using some online dating app. and liking a good number of male user posts (say > 5 male users, non celeb.).

The idea is that if a girl is on dating apps like Tinder and Bumble, in SF and actively liking multiple male non-celeb. user posts (ruling out just her boyfriend's/FWB's posts), then she is likely to be single and looking for a guy. Working on a way to do this automatically but hopefully there is a significant number of chicks who fit this criteria.

Not sure how you'd filter for liking certain male posts. That seems unnecessary.

Quote: (12-26-2017 10:28 PM)rishboy77 Wrote:  

How does this work ?

1) I was using FollowerLiker and then they went to a monthly fee maybe 8 months after I started....there was no other option.

2) I never got the type of increase in followers from FollowerLiker ... I went from 200 to 1800 but only ranged from 1800-2000 followers for the last 2 months with them.
Their customer service is crap...horrible support as I messaged them a few times since my followers were not increasing and they were no help. With Instantical ...I have gone from 1800 followers to 3100 in 3 months now.

Not great but decent.

3) I got this idea from Vinny.... I have started my own comments engagement group. I target girls with comparable or less followers.... currently I have 5-6 hot girls that leave comments on my posts.

The problem wasn't with Followliker, it was with you. If you're liking and following enough users and targeting the right kinds of users, it's impossible for your follower count not to grow.

Followliker announced they were going to a monthly fee for everyone but there was major pushback so they grandfathered existing users into the original plan.

Sometimes people overcomplicate things or overthink things, that's what I was doing and it go me nowhere.

I started an Instagram a few months ago but really didn't do too much with it besides follow some hot girls, I didn't even have a profile picture or any pictures. The other day I added a profile picture but still had no pictures so obviously I was going no where.

I tried commenting on pictures and liking pictures but that was doing anything, maybe a follower her and there but they would mostly follow me and then unfollow me or they were advertising things.

Last night I stole some pictures from tourist traps, cropped them and added a filter. I have a total on 3 pictures on my instagram all from tourist traps and a selfie profile picture of myself. I bought some "real followers" for a few dollars and have around 200 followers.

I creeped around some beach locations searching tags and locations, I messaged a total of 4 girls, the girls had a couple hundred or a thousand or two followers, nothing crazy. It's better messaging those girls than a girl with 400K followers. Anyway out of the 4 girls I messaged one has replied and the other 3 haven't viewed the message yet, I am now talking with a tall leggy model who is down to meet up and what did it cost me? A few dollars and playing with my phone while watching TV. I plan on repeating this formula on a larger scale. I've only been actively using it for the last couple days.

Once I get some more pictures of myself and some actual followers that comment this will be very effective. To you guys on here don't fuck around like me for months worrying about having things perfect before starting, use someone else's travel photos if needed.

Good luck!

Going through this thread it occurred to me.

Can someone give a straightforward comparison / feedback of FollowLiker vs Vinnies Instagram Casanova service?

Simple, sober and objective comparison about pros and cons of both (rather than sales jargon/ personality attacks etc. etc. [Image: smile.gif] )

Thanks.

So I've just hit over 1000 followers on Instagram and I'm following around 1200. I'm using a follower/liker so this ratio should flip in a week or two.

In addition I'm also occasionally paying to boost specific photos or videos that seem particularly popular. It's congruent with the niche of my account and it allows me target even more precisely by interest and geographic location.

I'm thinking of stopping the automation once I get close to 2000 followers and will then lower the amount of people I'm following. I want the numbers to look realistic for where I'm at right now. The niche I'm makes it realistic for me to have thousands of follower but it's bounded by how successful I am in my niche. For where I'm at right now more than 2000 followers might raise red flags.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of effect this will have on my closes going forward.

I'm starting to get more comments so the social proof is slowly trickling in and I expect it to compound as with so many other things.

Quote: (01-01-2018 10:36 PM)Bienvenuto Wrote:  

Going through this thread it occurred to me.

Can someone give a straightforward comparison / feedback of FollowLiker vs Vinnies Instagram Casanova service?

Simple, sober and objective comparison about pros and cons of both (rather than sales jargon/ personality attacks etc. etc. [Image: smile.gif] )

Thanks.

Followliker:
- have to set it up yourself, there's a learning curve
- likes are organic
- becomes less expensive than Instantical the longer you use it
- can do more fun/complicated things once you get the hang of it

Instantical:
- all done for you, outsourced
- likes are bought

Quote:Quote:

Girls are always impressed by status. It's a basic attraction switch. The average tech guy doesn't have enough status to impress them. Worse, tech dudes are too common in SF and the surrounding areas.

A semi-popular musician or DJ is another story. Hell, I was a broke comedian and probably got laid more than a $100k+ tech guy in the same timeframe.