rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bitcoin Cash (BCH) thread

I've been studying this coin lately and like what I see, at least from the standpoint in solving Bitcoin's network congestion and transaction cost issues with an 8MB block. The value is actually mooning as I type this thanks to Coinbase adding it to their platform:

[Image: attachment.jpg38172]   

I have a bit of BCH from the fork and will hold on to it. I like how the main creator Roger Ver is working his butt of trying to promote this coin, based on all the interviews I'm seeing him go on.

I also think it's quite telling how Bitcoin fans are getting so incredibly emotional against BCH. This seems to indicate how there is a "narrative" at play with Bitcoin and that BCH is challenging the status quo, so to speak.

Do you plan on accumulating more?

Roger Ver is no Charlie Lee. He's going to FUD all over BTC and cause confusion as to which is the "real" bitcoin. The tech is nothing special, the question is how does the public perceive it. My guess is that BCH is going to keep growing as a result of lots of media exposure with a personality that makes people want to watch. I can see it overtaking ETH in the next few months. In the long run, people will realize that BCH is not the answer to scaling and abandon it.

Holy shit, to the moon!

[Image: attachment.jpg38173]   

Coinbase is normie central and they see two Bitcoins. One for $3000 and one for nearly $20,000. Spending a couple grand to get .02 bitcoin is pretty disheartening so that is why it's mooning.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Coinbase and GDAX halted Bitcoin Cash trading earlier tonight. That price is fake and the market prices on Binance/Bittrex went up to $4k before falling back in the $3.5k as I'm typing this

I do not like Bitcoin Cash, specially because of Roger Ver's character. He bitshamed Andreas Antonopoulos (the real Bitcoin Jesus) for not being a millionaire. Keeps claiming that Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin confusing new comers coming to Crypto. I think that bcash is a pump and dumb coin. It is the latest attack on Bitcoin at the moment and greatest rival.

Quote: (12-19-2017 09:18 PM)theCatSaysMeow Wrote:  

I do not like Bitcoin Cash, specially because of Roger Ver's character. He bitshamed Andreas Antonopoulos (the real Bitcoin Jesus) for not being a millionaire. Keeps claiming that Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin confusing new comers coming to Crypto. I think that bcash is a pump and dumb coin. It is the latest attack on Bitcoin at the moment and greatest rival.

Did you come from /r/bitcoin? You provided no arguments. This is the emotional hatred against BCH I referred to in the OP.

Well thanks to Roger Ver he is now a millionare, after that tweet people felt sorry and donated 1.6 million worth of bitcoins to him.

https://qz.com/1151233/andreas-antonopou...hamed-him/

I find it hard to believe that a guy that claims to use Bitcoin exclusively and gets paid in Bitcoin and has been for several years is not a millionaire.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

I don’t think the 8-9k price on coinbase is real. This often happens when a coin is listed on a new exchange, it starts off 2-4x then eventually settles back to where it was. In BCH’s case, I expect it to settle in the 3-3.5k range.

However, I am quite bullish on BCH and may surpass 5-7k in the next few months once the normies catch on.

I have a fairly significant position on BCH.

I wonder if the price of BCH went up the past two days because insiders knew it was about to be listed on Coinbase. The timing does seem odd.

Of course somebody knew(People working in Coinbase, their inner circle)
Since bitcoin is not regulated I believe this can't even be considered insider trading.

Would be wise to date a girl who works for coinbase.

Quote: (12-19-2017 09:29 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Did you come from /r/bitcoin? You provided no arguments. This is the emotional hatred against BCH I referred to in the OP.

I do. I used to be more neutral until I became more of a /r/bitcoin lurker. They do make you think that /r/btc is toxic , however both kind of are. Since most of my holding are in LTC so I follow people related to Charlie Lee on Twitter which is why I am sort of biased.

I do admire Roger working hard to promote the value of Bitcoin Cash vs BTC. That being said it is nice to at least get some BCH in Coinbase from the Fork back in August. I wasn't hoping to get anything since I transferred all my coins to my nano ledger.

You have to compare BCH in BTC. It was 0.20 bitcoins in the beginning and fell to 0.10. I sold mine at 0.18 so not a bad deal.

BCH solves the congestion problem TEMPORARILY. It is an ALTCOIN. It is supported at some exchanges but not on all websites.

If people are buying BCH is because they think it's the new "Bitcoin Get Rich Bandwagon".

I don't regret selling all my BCH to BTC. My recommendation would be to keep both just in case.

Copying this from a Slack I am part of, written by a pro-Bitcoiner...

Quote:Quote:

To all the new (and old) people coming here seeking for guidance, don't get fooled by the BCH FUD - it is just another altcoin.

You don't need it to hedge against bitcoin. If you are feeling uneasy, go to fiat and let the market sort this out. But remember, BTC was declared dead for so many times now (China banning the exchanges, forks, altcoins, Mt. Gox, etc...) and it always came back as the big winner.

Just think about it: Every altcoin is traded against BTC - and against nothing else (OK except for ETH and USD) and it is BTC that is accepted in many new economy websites and everywhere else in the world. IF the cryptomarket goes down - only BTC will remain safe for the future. It is still in developement and yes transactions are slow (but then go to Litecoin or even Dogecoin for that) and the developers need much time to make *safe* updates on the code. BTC hasn't the best marketing and relies on it's old virtues - reliable, safe, store of value. But BTC has the well-earned developers and that's the difference to BCH: BCH has no developers, it only copies and changes a few lines of code - and that shall be worth 3k after 4 months?

No way - this shit is going down and BTC will prevail. BCH makes so many alerting errors (like the mismatching MD5 sum of the bitcoin.com wallet) that you really shouldn't get your fingers burnt on this. I know I am shilling but you have to step up to the shills of CNBC Fast Money and their "Bitcoin Jesus" Roger Ver who is trying to make a big sell-off of BCH.

If the Lightning Network gets pulled off then both BCH and BTC are obsolete.

Its only bonus is what, the blocksize?

So it got listed on Coinbase and the price skyrocketed (even before the official listing, probably insider trading, which is currently being investigated). Why not XMR, it has an adaptive block size?

And some food for thought:

You say disliking Roger Ver is an emotional response but truth be told, he is an absolute tool and I would rather invest elsewhere. Principles and whatnot. To me BCH is still an absolute shitcoin and there's other tech out there that I prefer.

That being said, OP quoted above got a response that apparently there are indeed, multiple teams working on BCH node software. ViaBTC is starting a new exchange to trade cryptos against BCH pairs.

Doesn't change it's utility just yet.

For what it's worth, I am neither in BTC or BCH and have no interest in them; minimal to no utility.

I have been making a killing lately trading Cryptocurrency between Coinbase and Bittrex.

I will not give my opinion on BCH, what I will give my opinion on is this:

Stop giving a damn about what Altcoins are "legit" or "have great technology" etc, etc, etc................. onto infinity.
Leave this type of arguments for the blue pill nerds.

This is about making money and the name of the game is Marketing.

My personal experience in this field is that when big names with massive Social Media followings tell you they like a coin, guess what?
It immediately within 30 minutes PUMPS like a MOFO!
Then guess what?
Anywhere between 2 to 6 hours of the Social Media post it will DUMP like a MOFO!

Using the simple above technique and holding no allegiance to any coin, you will always make returns.

The caveat is that the above type of event doesn't happen everyday or even every week.

For the slow times when you can't find a good PUMP to ride, I like to stash my coins into #1 Ethereum or #2 Bitcoin, because their dips aren't too bad and if they do dip, they always come back stronger. AKA - HODL!!!

Everyone has bad days, but he did come off as an insecure tool in that video.

Reminds of one of those guys who walks up to a girl states he's rich and expects her to instantly drop her panties.

Reading his Wikipedia page also doesn't give me much confidence in his character.

Looks like he's trains as well. Definitely has a lot to learn in the aspect of martial arts being a vehicle to become a better person.

Still I'm willing to see what happens with BCH.

These crypto guys are too emotional and immature, this is probably due to low T which is very prevalent among millennials.
''I don't hold any Bitcoin Cash because Roger Ver is a douche'', that's a funny one.

This is not a football team, you will lose money if you make the wrong decision, and letting your emotions get ahold of you is never a good idea.

It would be like not investing into Apple in early 2000's because you think Steve Jobs is a douchebag.

Roger Ver doesn't even run or control Bitcoin Cash.
You might think Bitcoin Cash has inferior technology and vouch for Bitcoin Core instead, I'll respect that.

I made this mistake too, I had this friend who I thought was an idiot. I still think he is an idiot. But he tried to get me to buy ethereum back when it was at 20$

Back then I had 15k usd lying around which I could play with. What did I do? I said to myself, this guy is a idiot, if he's advocating this its probably aimed at a bunch of losers.

He didn't end up as a millionaire either tho, Instead of buying ether, he spent like 20k to buy a mining rig, maybe profited 20-30k, at most.

So Coinbase still has disabled purchases of Bitcoin Cash? This platform is a total joke

Quote: (12-20-2017 01:49 PM)Jestx Wrote:  

So Coinbase still has disabled purchases of Bitcoin Cash? This platform is a total joke

Its back up now.

Choose your next witticism carefully Mr Bond, it may be your last.

its really precious seeing your rodent wheel excuses for brains spin endlessly

Here is a good video with Roger Ver that discusses Bitcoin basics, the hard fork, and Bitcoin Cash.

I'm seeing BCH more and more as a scam, mostly by Roger Ver for his personal profit. The tech is nothing special, if it was then the BTC community would have embraced it. It's marginally better as a currency compared to BTC in the short run but doesn't solve any fundamental issues. Roger Ver seems intent on confusing people as to which is the "real" bitcoin, and scaring everybody by bringing to light bitcoin's tech problems which the general public isn't aware of yet. He has embraced his titles as "Bitcoin Jesus" and "CEO of bitcoin.com" to make him seem like an authority on bitcoin and he's going to use his personality and this opportunity to spread FUD about bitcoin, which he calls "bitcoin core".

My opinion is that this is the first time that mainstream people will see an insider talking shit about "bitcoin core" and erode its confidence, which will lead to people losing confidence in the whole crypto space if people start selling their BTC. BTC is the rock that allows the whole crypto space to flourish and we should expose people like Roger Ver as con artists so that his message doesn't dominate.

Disclosure: I own no BTC or BCH

Roger Ver is propping BCH because he's sick of high fees and congestion. It's not possible to send small amounts anymore. BCH came to solve it.

I don't think that increasing the block size is a long term solution. For now it is better to wait.

A few decent takes on Bcash, all undone from negative or positive spin.

Konrad Graf: http://www.konradsgraf.com/blog1/2017/12...-is-a-scam

Alyse Killeen: http://www.ibtimes.com/why-cryptocurrenc...sh-2630324

Daniel Krawisz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ms68Ircus

(FD: I own no Bcash anymore. I believe 0.2BTC was a good price, and I don't see a future for this vision. But please don't listen to me, but to the people above.)

If the price rises in BCH were stand alone and not due to spreading FUD, clogging the network hash rate, manipulation of price through wash trades and brand stealing ld give roger ver some credit but the truth of the matter is he's a thief or charlatan or both, either way you're investing in a counterfeit coin imo, stay away.

He who dares wins - Del Boy