rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What kind of mattress do you own?

I'm in the market for a new bed. Not sure if I should get a Twin XL or a Full XL. There's a few hundred dollars difference between them. I don't want to get a Queen as it takes up too much room in my bedroom.

So as a single guy, would you go for the TwinXL, where having a chick spend the night would make it a tight fit, or the bigger sized mattress? I'm thinking a smaller mattress will discourage them from wanting to stick around after the bang...a blessing in disguise.

Any input on materials, prices, ect is welcome.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

[Image: tumblr_mkla64ODSd1qeiz88o1_250.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mkla64ODSd1qeiz88o3_250.gif]

Tempurpedic.

Bro, go as big as you can if you can fit it.

Go straight up California king.

I'm not joking. My gigantic sleigh bed, California king, is a huge poon magnet. They love getting in it. And sleeping in it.

Bed is worth doing up.

Quote: (12-17-2017 05:56 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

I'm not joking. My gigantic sleigh bed, California king, is a huge poon magnet. They love getting in it. And sleeping in it.

Bed is worth doing up.

How big is your room though? A CK would take up way too much space for my set up. Also, I've been moving at least once a year, twice this last year, so I'm trying to go 'lighter' on the possessions in general. I agree with doing it up right and not skimping out on it, though.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

I'd go for the bigger one.

And get a mattress cover. Helps protect against bed bugs, and squirters.

A twin is rough to sleep in with a girl. I remember in college this one girl I was messing with would get pissed because I would always move to the floor part way through the night. The bigger bed is worth it.

Don't be afraid to drop some money on it. I have a king size bed and dropped almost $2k on the mattress alone. Totally worth it. Many times places will finance you at no interest for it too.

For the record, I've a King Size bed and if I had room for a California King (negligible, really) I'd do that.

Think about it. That's the only place you have real refuge. Everywhere else, even in the house, you can be fucked with (email/cell phone, etc.).

Your bed should be your intimate palace. What if you have a threesome? A queen size might work for the act, but not for the post-coital amenities. What if it's a foursome?

My advice: maximize your bedspace. Skip the tv in your bedroom. Make your bedroom your palace. It's for sleeping and fucking. It's not to lounge around in and watch ESPN. That's what the living room is for. Make your bed your kingdom and make it where chicks feel privileged to be there.

^ TV's wallmounted, so it's a non issue. I guess I might have to downsize the desk, then and go for a bigger mattress. One of those 'in the corner' type desks would work to save some more space.

-Wonitis

LOL whether it was wall-mounted or not was not the point, but maybe I don't have an understanding on how little space you have.

Get a queen at a minimum.

Recently bought a latex core mattress. It's good for allergies and it apparently lasts 20 years. Expensive though.

That advice about getting a mattress protector is so true. Getting period blood stains out of a mattress is difficult. And it's sort of embarrassing when the removalists come and see all the blood spots on your mattress.

I enjoy my space, even when sleeping with a girl. King sized bed for me, and I would have a California King if I had a bigger bedroom.

Quote: (12-17-2017 06:03 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

Quote: (12-17-2017 05:56 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Bed is worth doing up.

How big is your room though? A CK would take up way too much space for my set up. Also, I've been moving at least once a year, twice this last year, so I'm trying to go 'lighter' on the possessions in general. I agree with doing it up right and not skimping out on it, though.

My bedroom is huge. I actually knocked down a wall to turn two bedrooms into one. I AirBnB the third one out.

Agree with the sentiment on lighter possessions. My house is incredibly minimalist. Everything is purposeful.

However, I think a bed is worth going big on if you have the space. They love hopping into a giant bed with a bunch of pillows on it. Mine is warm and comfy. I love bringing them into my bedroom. From there, they're eager to get naked and hop into my bed. I spared no expense. I also enjoy sleeping on it.

If you don't plan on staying for awhile, it's probably more of a hassle than it's worth. Getting this thing into my bedroom was a nightmare.

My big ass bed and good speakers are two possessions I actually cherish. Even if not for game, it ups your quality of living.

I've got a T3 Recovery mattress. I'm an extremely light sleeper. In the past if someone was in my bed, I would feel every time they moved or shifted and it fucked my life.

Then I got this T3 Recovery mattress and it's like they're not even there, which is perfect for me because I obviously love slaying, but I hate feeling like there's anyone in my bed when I sleep.

Regarding the mattress itself, they're basically marketed as the 'Ironman Mattress' and it comes with a whole bunch of pseudo science on how it helps you recover faster from training and yada, yada, yada. I think that's all a load of bullshit, but I still don't regret the purchase. It's comfortable as fuck, sleeping is easily the best part of my day, I wake up fresh, and my joints feel great. I think a cheap memory foam would do the same thing though.

Congrats finally moving into the new space Rhyme. Great location!

There's no reason to get a twin. Get rid of a desk if you have to, but there should be a minimum of a full.

I've only used a twin when I lived in tiny rooms in Manhattan. It was fine with my girlfriend at the time, but in NYC it's common to sacrifice space for living in a prime area. Outside NYC, there's no reason a grown man should have a twin.

I don't think it's worth spending a ton of money on a mattress. Unless you own the apartment, or rent but plan to be there for >1 year without moving. Amazon has a bunch. They ship it compressed into a box, and you open it up for 48 hours to size.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

Quote: (12-17-2017 07:12 PM)Rhyme or Reason Wrote:  

^ TV's wallmounted, so it's a non issue. I guess I might have to downsize the desk, then and go for a bigger mattress. One of those 'in the corner' type desks would work to save some more space.

Personally Id go with at least a full size bed

What about utilizing some of the closet space for the desk station? Sort of like this concept (though you likely need some space for clothes)

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.decorpad.com%2Fphot...f6.png&f=1]

You should also use the space under the bed for storing seasonal stuff

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwoodgears.ca%2Fdrawers%...-b.jpg&f=1]

Another

[Image: 5524a53ec206af230c1e4620f0184e58.jpg]

This cougar will get turned on by your creative solutions

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fd.ibtimes.co.uk%2Fen%2Ff...rt.jpg&f=1]

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Henceforth your "mattress" will only be referred to as a "workbench"

Which mattress is the best for fucking HB9/10? Is it Beta to buy one from IKEA?

Quote: (12-18-2017 05:57 PM)Chiosboy90 Wrote:  

Which mattress is the best for fucking HB9/10? Is it Beta to buy one from IKEA?

Beds from Ikea are flimsy. Plus they look like an Ikea bed.

You spend 6 - 8 hours a day in your bed, at least. Might as well be a good one.

Plus, when she gets to your room, you want her to hop right in.

A grown man has a queen size at the minimum. The idea is to fuck girls on your bed. Girls being plural. It speaks volumes that you don't sleep in a child's bed.

I spent 500 on my mattress and after 4 years it's still comfortable. I've been on some far more expensive ones that felt worse. I reccomend trying them before you look at the price tag, so you can feel them with a truly open mind and not have a price concern sway your opinion.

It's all personal preference

I’ve got a cheaper traditional type of mattress and bought a 3” memory foam topper. You’re hard pressed to tell it’s a cheap setup.

Quote: (12-19-2017 12:17 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

A grown man has a queen size at the minimum. The idea is to fuck girls on your bed. Girls being plural. It speaks volumes that you don't sleep in a child's bed.

I spent 500 on my mattress and after 4 years it's still comfortable. I've been on some far more expensive ones that felt worse. I reccomend trying them before you look at the price tag, so you can feel them with a truly open mind and not have a price concern sway your opinion.

It's all personal preference

I myself have a Tempur mattress as well as Tempur pillows which are pathetic expensive but that's just because I had back surgery years ago and everyone told me to get one.
I do agree with you that the price doesn't really matter. I prefer to sleep on very hard cheap mattress, or an expensive really good one. All those between are shitty for me.

That said, you guys as always overcomplicate this shit. I have a friend that fucks women left and right (very good looking guy) and he has a tiny bed in a tiny room with a shitty mattress.

For the purpose of game, you don't need an "alpha bruh" mattress.
But for yourself, I recommend a Tempur mattress. It is also nice to have Tempur pillows cause NASA uses those to get into space comfortable (true story) and I always tell that to women in my bed. Then again, if a girl is already in your bed it doesn't matter if you have a SpongeBob pillow or an over expensive "Alpha" one.

Memory foam for me. Very comfortable. Find it hard to sleep on beds that are non memory foam now.

Full is too small. Queen is fine (what I've always had). King or California King are sweet.

If Rihanna likes them enough for a hit song, you know it's worth while.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”