rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Monero (XMR) thread

Monero (XMR) thread

I really like this coin for its privacy features. First question: what's the best way to get it?

I'm looking at the HitBTC.com exchange, which has low fees, but you get dinged with a 0.09 XMR fee when trying to withdraw Monero.

Monero (XMR) thread

The withdrawal fee on Bitfinex is 0.04 XMR.

I think both Dash and Monero are good holds as they have better features than Bitcoin, such as the noted privacy. With their market caps they warrant adoption by companies like BitPay and TenX (the latter plans Dash integration) and that will shoot the price up. Particularly as they will fare better for transactional use than Bitcoin with its slow down and high TX fees.

Monero (XMR) thread

From what i've researched Monero looks to be hands down the best privacy coin out there, I just bought a bunch and have high hopes for it. No idea on where the lowest fees are but check out this reddit post on /monero for lots of info on it. https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments..._you_need/

Two other alt coins that I have high hopes for are XRB and ARK, check them out.

Monero (XMR) thread

I would probably get it on Bittrex or Poloniex unless it's readily available on Coinbase or Gdax already. Monero is fundamentally one of the best coins out there outside of Bitcoin, even McAfee praises it. I really wish I bought it earlier this year when it was stuck at $50.

Monero (XMR) thread

I bought mine on Bittrex mate. It's going to be a good one to hold.

Monero (XMR) thread

Is there a reliable monero wallet to use right now?

I ask this since I don't see many trusted monero wallets unlike bitcoin which is more supported than XMR.

Monero (XMR) thread

Kraken has XMR/EUR pairs if you want to go fiat to Monero.

Monero (XMR) thread

Here's your proof that Monero is king of privacy.

[Image: SietBhv.png]

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-10-2017 09:41 AM)DrCotard Wrote:  

Is there a reliable monero wallet to use right now?

The best general wallet is Exodus, for which Monero is planned.

Monero (XMR) thread

Kraken is great for monero, really great coin[Image: smile.gif]

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-08-2017 06:31 PM)gework Wrote:  

I think both Dash and Monero are good holds as they have better features than Bitcoin, such as the noted privacy. With their market caps they warrant adoption by companies like BitPay and TenX (the latter plans Dash integration) and that will shoot the price up. Particularly as they will fare better for transactional use than Bitcoin with its slow down and high TX fees.

Dash is not private. Dash has a "privacy feature," but since 95% of transactions on the network aren't private it's really easy to deduce who the private sender is since the vast majority aren't.

The only way to create privacy is to make everyone use the encrypted feature, something only Monero does.

Also...

They eventually figured out how much Monero Rawmeo had. But the fact they couldn't do it right away means they took awhile before discovering his private passwords for his Monero.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-12-2017 08:14 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (12-08-2017 06:31 PM)gework Wrote:  

Dash is not private. Dash has a "privacy feature," but since 95% of transactions on the network aren't private it's really easy to deduce who the private sender is since the vast majority aren't.

The only way to create privacy is to make everyone use the encrypted feature, something only Monero does.

Also...

They eventually figured out how much Monero Rawmeo had. But the fact they couldn't do it right away means they took awhile before discovering his private passwords for his Monero.

Someone having the keys to a wallet doesn't mean that the security/privacy features of the actual coins were compromised or hacked.

That said, I don't know what the fuss is about with the anonymity of bitcoin. You can have a wallet that generates a new address for every single deposit and there are billions if not trillions of addresses. How can people not be anonymous with just simple precautions with bitcoin/dash/ethereum.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Monero (XMR) thread

^ That's my point, they didn't discover how much he had until they went through his computer and found the passwords to his monero wallet. This proves Monero is secure.

Monero is easily the best crypto at the moment, technologically speaking. While other coins may have more hype, Monero is easily the most powerful currency.

Fast, secure, and reliable. No other coins boast all three, especially with regards to stealth. This makes it ideal for giving freedom to its users, especially to resist potential government tyranny.

[Image: monero-infographic.jpg]

Unless someone can figure out how to break the Monero code, it's going to be the true crypto of the future. Bitcoin was just the initial blockchain tech, similar to AOL, while Monero is Google. It's already the official currency of the darkweb and its price is rising fast. Watch out for this one.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-08-2017 04:48 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I really like this coin for its privacy features. First question: what's the best way to get it?

I'm looking at the HitBTC.com exchange, which has low fees, but you get dinged with a 0.09 XMR fee when trying to withdraw Monero.

Also the easiest way to get Monero is to use http://www.shapeshift.io

No need for making accounts, they charge a bit higher than average transaction fees in exchange.

You tell them what currency you want, offer them a currency, send it to their address, and get the amount back to you according to current market prices.

I actually had funds get stuck with them for over 5 days (shitty BitCoin's mempool got clogged and wouldn't process my payment), and they returned my BTC to me. They are legit and trustworthy.

Only downside is that you cannot process too large of payments with them (for say, hundreds of thousands or more) without directly contacting their admins. For any amount under 10K shapeshift.io is hassle free and respects privacy.

I hear shapeshift is especially good with LTC (lightcoin).

Monero (XMR) thread

Also I forgot, the best software wallet for Monero is found here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments..._download/

Created directly by the devs. Monero is a harder currency to use than other cryptos, having more layers of security, but this wallet makes it easy.

Just remember to run this wallet overnight, as you need to download the blockchain in order to use it. Monero's security comes from making each user a node in the chain. I think the current blockchain size is around 10-30 GB. It's pretty small right now. Technical improvements to make the transaction sizes smaller are planned for release next year.

Unlike the BTC devs, the XMR devs are planning for the future and work to solve problems before they become actual problems. Right now Monero's blockchain is more than sufficient, the biggest drawback is the lack of a hardware wallet (i.e. ledger wallet USB) but that is in development too.

Monero (XMR) thread

Monero has received many endorsements. John Mcafee, the darkweb, Roger Ver ("Bitcoin Jesus"), and just got a new one, from the makers of VLC video player:

https://blog.l0cal.com/2017/12/14/update...-videolan/

Quote:Quote:

After receiving much requests, the VideoLAN organization finally started accepting Bitcoin donations in February 2014. Since then, we received around 12 BTC. During the past year, the price skyrocketed and today we still hold more than 10 BTC. This unexpected surge of the Bitcoin market price makes it difficult to HODL securely. The volatility adding up to the processing time makes it quite impractical to spend.

The introduction of the Bitcoin whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 was an amazing breakthrough and is already reshaping the future of payments and banking as a whole but we don’t think BTC (and derivatives) will be the de facto crypto-currency the world will use for daily transactions.

One of the key reason is the transparency of the Bitcoin blockchain. Our donation address being publicly available, the wealth we hold can be easily tracked between addresses and that makes us vulnerable. In the crypto-currency world you are your own bank, therefore you can become a target as soon as you hold enough money. No one else besides you can protect your funds from being stolen using a virtual, or even physical attack. And we don’t want any of our community members to be harmed because of that. We truly think privacy of the blockchain cannot be optional. Encrypting all transaction details: sender, receiver and amount is the most effective way to protect the people in a crypto-currency era.

Also, because of this blockchain transparency, all coins exchanged are not equal. You may think that 1 BTC = any other BTC but let me tell you, this is a wrong assumption. Imagine for a second that you received a payment containing a coin that was previously used (many transactions ago) to trade “stuff” on Silkroad, your coin is now forever tainted and might not be accepted on exchanges or payment processors. This lack of fungibility can make some of your money worth nothing, or worse, you could even be accused of money laundering.

Another major issue we experienced with Bitcoin is the processing time. Anyone dealing with BTC these days can attest that doing a payment is a pain and can easily take hours if not days. Especially if you have a lot of small inputs (like we do). Sending some random amount can costs us more than $100 in fees and can still take days to be processed. We usually end up using a free tx accelerator in order to speed things up. And we’re not alone in this space, few days ago Steam published a blog post saying they are no longer accepting Bitcoin payments for these reasons.

Let’s be honest, it’s the golden age of crypto-currencies: new crypto are launched every day and many of the people investing are betting for huge gains while most don’t care, or are just fooled, about what the technology can effectively bring. But in the end, maybe five years from now, there will only be a handful amount of crypto widely adopted. To be qualified as a possible winner, there are some characteristics to look for:

Must be fully open-source
Trusted development team
Active and sane community
Solid technological grounds
Scalable while maintaining low fees
Private and secure
Fungible
User-friendly (mobile, hardware wallets, …)
Out of pre-mining / ICO / scam
Let me reassure you, we are not yet to a point where we think of launching our own ICO, but if we were about to, we would definitely call it the ConeCoin! ;-)

We believe that there is still no perfect crypto-currency and we’re still quite far from it but we think that one is more in line with our core values and fits most of the critical points raised above: Monero.

Quote:Quote:

Therefore, starting on January 1st, 2018, we will officially support donations in Moneroj (= plural of Monero).

We’re not yet to a point where we’ll stop accepting Bitcoin donations but we think Bitcoin became more a store of value than digital cash and we hope to see more individuals, open-source projects and stores to accept Monero in the future.

Of course, 99% of the donations we receive are still made with fiat money and that’s how we pay for servers, travels, meetings, conferences, hardware, goodies, … and we cannot thank our donators enough for their support!

VLC 3.0 is about to be released and if you too, want to support the VideoLAN project, head to our donation page (soon with Monero though!).

Seems like the smartest programmers and developers are all getting on the Monero train now as the limitations of BTC have become evident.

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-15-2017 01:42 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Monero has received many endorsements. John Mcafee, the darkweb, Roger Ver ("Bitcoin Jesus"), and just got a new one, from the makers of VLC video player:

Well Samseau is the only advice I need!

Order is in. Let's see how long it takes. 12:20 pm 12/15

Check you messages for invoice if this fails samseau.

Edit: My 4000th post! This will be easy to find if recourse is needed!

Aloha!

Monero (XMR) thread

TokenPay ICO worth a look for people keen on Monero

Monero (XMR) thread

Sounds like I'm in at 308.90. it took 32 mins and I got like 20 fucking confirmations.

I'm feeling good about this. Monero sort of rhymes with Modena and that's where they make Ferraris and that's what I want.

Looks like I'm already up a buck and a half on cryptocompare.

Aloha!

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-15-2017 06:05 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

TokenPay ICO worth a look for people keen on Monero

This thing doesn't and will never hold a snotrag to something like Monero.

This is obviously a shitcoin and the marketing is cringeworthy. "Based on mathematics" "It's bitcoin on steroids." It's based on math? Just like every fucking coin.

This is a piece of shit. Don't go anywhere near it.

- Adrian Vermeule

Monero (XMR) thread

Naive newbie question here:

Since the key feature defining Monero is it's privacy, what's stopping whale investors from dumping their money in it and avoiding taxes? Like a digital off-shore bank account of sorts.

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-15-2017 11:06 PM)the chef Wrote:  

Since the key feature defining Monero is it's privacy, what's stopping whale investors from dumping their money in it and avoiding taxes? Like a digital off-shore bank account of sorts.

Not much a part from morality.

Monero (XMR) thread

Quote: (12-15-2017 11:06 PM)the chef Wrote:  

Its the point of the whole thing.

Monero (XMR) thread

Why haven't they done that already? Might as well dump in some money in the pot and watch the marketcap skyrocket.

Monero (XMR) thread

This is just like when I said IOTA was dumb, (And it was) and then the price went up a shit ton anyway.

Probably gonna buy some Monero then.