rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The repetition of crazy with girls.

Does anybody else find that when your talking to a girl (sometimes dudes to) they end up repeating the same adjective all the time and you almost end up 'meditating' or resting at the end of someone's statement with that adjective.
I swear its a thing. SO many girls just end up saying "thaats craaazyy" and we almost play this game called the crazy game and I end up using the word to speak the same language so to speak.
The other 19% of the time its "ridiculous" and with some model girl its been "bad ass" and "tough" to profess how bad ass and tough she was....sometimes with civilians they'll resort to "weird" witch makes me suspect they don't believe any of the dope game i'm slinging as far as metaphors similes verbage analogies,and words that paint pictures are concerned .

It's a kind of pacing. Look it up.

http://www.mindwhirl.com/marketing/marke...d-leading/
http://www.nlpnation.com/conversational-...-lead.html

It's like when someone says they're "really laid-back", and people mindlessly spread it around even though everyone just saw him throw a chair across the room. The words other people say echo in their inner monologue because they're not thinking about their own experiences hard enough to generate their own. She's picking the words you use in your own head. You should be pacing her, not the other way around.

Pay attention to when it's happening and take control of it by repurposing the words/ideas to steer her where you want her to be going. She wants to be accepted as a badass, so lay down a trail showing her what will prove it to you and withdraw your approval and attention if she doesn't follow.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I hear "like " a lot.

But to be fair, "like" in the concept of a filler word is an adverb.

like omg, she was like "wyd" And I was like -- chillin and smokin bud.

Quote: (12-01-2017 02:02 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

It's pacing. Look it up.

http://www.mindwhirl.com/marketing/marke...d-leading/

You should be pacing her, not the other way around.

I think I picked up on that recently and have been using the word "dope" a lot to "pace" as you put it instead of playing the crazy game.

Thanks for dropping that gem.

@Linux maybe its similiar but i've never seen the overuse of like the same way. I'm talking more about

"Blah blah blah talking about rescue stories on the water"
"Oh my god thats crazy"
"Yeah its just pure crazyness"

Or "blah blah blah talking about family drama with my sister"
" I know Its ridiculous"
"yeah its pretty ridiculous"

"Thats like" could be affiliated and used as a preface but its not used in the same capacity as [insert adjective]. Where you can end up almost meditating on the world like for a solid 45 seconds or so.

Quote: (12-01-2017 02:17 PM)SteezeySteve Wrote:  

I think I picked up on that recently and have been using the word "dope" a lot to "pace" as you put it instead of playing the crazy game.
Thanks for dropping that gem.
@Linux maybe its similiar but i've never seen the overuse of like the same way. I'm talking more about
"Blah blah blah talking about rescue stories on the water"
"Oh my god thats crazy"
"Yeah its just pure crazyness"
Or "blah blah blah talking about family drama with my sister"
" I know Its ridiculous"
"yeah its pretty ridiculous"
"Thats like" could be affiliated and used as a preface but its not used in the same capacity as [insert adjective]. Where you can end up almost meditating on the world like for a solid 45 seconds or so.

That sounds more like the technique of mirroring. I have found verbal mirroring to be less effective than non-verbal.

I saw the thread title, and thought it had to do with an increasing frequency of mental illness in women.