rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How are you managing your social media accounts?

In years past, I've been pretty open with my friends, family, and colleagues about being a conservative, Christian, and Republican. I worked on George W. Bush's campaign, minored in theology, and was very public about my support for Trump. My Facebook has always been set to public, because setting who can see what is entirely too much fucking work. Everyone can see everything I post, but nothing is too over the top (my over the top shit goes on the RVF).

As things continue, I've found it bad for my career and business to share any political or social commentary on social media whatsoever. Part of the reason I post on here is because it's an anonymous outlet for likeminded men where I can actually discuss the things I'm thinking about.

However, and mostly in the past year, I've been unfriended by many people, some of whom are important socially or politically. When I picked up the phone and asked what happened, it was almost always "I don't want to be friends with Trump supporters." (even though I've been a conservative Republican since like, eternity). Suddenly politics have gotten very personal. I can help a person move on Saturday, and on Sunday they don't want to be friends anymore because of who I voted for. They'll opt to hang around the value signaling vegan, even though Hank and his buddies carried a piano down six flights of stairs the day before.

As a result, my Facebook account has gone completely benign. If you read my Facebook, you'd think I was a complete beta, as my posts now only touch on sports, local politics, some vacation pictures, and local happenings in the neighborhood. I'm beginning to hate my social media "identity." I even bore myself. But no one's unfriended me in the last few months.

The only reason I haven't deleted social media entirely is because I get business from it. As a lawyer, people tend to call the first person the think of. Sometimes a stupid post about how the good the Eagles are looking or a cheesesteak I ate results in a big case.

So, question for you folks...

How are you managing your social media?

I'm debating a few things...

1. Starting a fake Facebook account and just friending people I know won't get pissed off at my political and social commentary.

2. Just saying fuck it, owning it entirely, and allowing all the libtards to cry in their safe spaces. I actually get a good bit of work from conservatives, Republicans, and masculine males who are sick of the libtards. At the same time, a few local feminists were adamant about boycotting my law practice last year.

3. Starting a "fan" page or "business" page thingy.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue...

I manage mine by not having any.

HSLD

I keep my facebook fully 100% private. You can't even see my profile unless we are already friends.

The rest of my social media doesn't have my real name or face on it.

I don't have ANY social media app on my phone.
This is important.
When you install apps on your phone they gain access to your contacts AND access to your followers/friends on your phone. As well as the email associated with those social media accounts.

You should take a look at the things Roosh posted last year around the time he was public enemy #1. All the money it cost him and the stress he went through before you consider being 100% out there with your views.

Unless you can or are planning on making money from your face/name keep everything private.

Rarely post but when I do it's something worth people's times or to brighten up people's days with some humor.

I've always pushed the envelope enough that people respect it. And anyone who really knows me knows to read between the lines.

Overall for me it's just a giant social experiment to see what works and what doesn't work.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Quote: (11-26-2017 04:52 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

1. Starting a fake Facebook account and just friending people I know won't get pissed off at my political and social commentary.

2. Just saying fuck it, owning it entirely, and allowing all the libtards to cry in their safe spaces. I actually get a good bit of work from conservatives, Republicans, and masculine males who are sick of the libtards. At the same time, a few local feminists were adamant about boycotting my law practice last year.

I'm messing with instagram and that is a lot better than facebook. I still have facebook and use it somewhat but Instagram is good because it FORCES you to NOT violate the unwritten rules of social media:

1)NO NEGATIVITY

2)NO POLITICS!!

3) NO RELIGION!

4)Keep your social media about the good things happening in your life, or funny things, or things about food, cool business projects that you can disclose information about, or places that you visit.

I have a few friends who Violate rule #1 and #2 ALL the frickin time and lose friends just like you. (even worse though because I tell them to stop doing it but they can't. . .because they're older, unmarried, women with no children that feed off drama the older they get. . . but that's another story.)

If you can apply these rules to facebook you'll be fine. If you use linkedin. . .well there's no place to talk about all of that anyway.

rules #1 #2 and #3 are general rules for: family dinners, business meetings, friend get-togethers, work conversation.

If you want to talk about those things, you'll need to find specific groups for that OUTSIDE your daily routine/life.

Social media really should be used for:
1)business
2)networking
3)getting laid (no, not by chasing women, but by making your social media presence good enough so that women chase you.)

and nothing else.

If a lot of your business is coming from conservatives, then make a FB page catering to that niche without your face, just the name of your company. You should really be talking about your services though, not your politics. You can also get business from libtards AND conservatives. Don't turn into ESPN lol.

If you make a FB page advertising your service, you're going to need to buy ads as well. Do the same on Instagram too.

Isaiah 4:1

Facebook: Used to have scads of friends. Then it became like the Political Gestapo and Junior Anti-Sex League, where hysterics who you thought were your friends went insane over minor "transgressions."

Jokes became the source of arguments. Even posting an "incorrect" oldie caused people to break out the torches.

Facebook unmasked the human race as conformist, small-minded idiots and made me lose hope in humanity. Zappa was right. Stupidity, not hydrogen, is the building block of the universe.

So I now have minimal presence. NO family at all (this causes gossip and allows people to make 'round-the-clock demands of your time). I keep it as a feed for financial news and as a way to stay in touch with old friends who are far away.

Instagram: No presence. My feed has one pic. But the younger girls who know me and like me have friended me and I get to see all their pics. A great diversion, but really...

Twitter: I was never on it. One of many reasons I left the news business is because I thought the breathless drive to "boil things down" to a few words was anti-intellectual.

Quote: (11-26-2017 05:36 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

I'm messing with instagram and that is a lot better than facebook. I still have facebook and use it somewhat but Instagram is good because it FORCES you to NOT violate the unwritten rules of social media:

1)NO NEGATIVITY

2)NO POLITICS!!

3) NO RELIGION!

4)Keep your social media about the good things happening in your life, or funny things, or things about food, cool business projects that you can disclose information about, or places that you visit.

I have a few friends who Violate rule #1 and #2 ALL the frickin time and lose friends just like you. (even worse though because I tell them to stop doing it but they can't. . .because they're older, unmarried, women with no children that feed off drama the older they get. . . but that's another story.)

If you can apply these rules to facebook you'll be fine. If you use linkedin. . .well there's no place to talk about all of that anyway.

rules #1 #2 and #3 are general rules for: family dinners, business meetings, friend get-togethers, work conversation.

If you want to talk about those things, you'll need to find specific groups for that OUTSIDE your daily routine/life.

Social media really should be used for:
1)business
2)networking
3)getting laid (no, not by chasing women, but by making your social media presence good enough so that women chase you.)

and nothing else.

That's what I've been doing with mine lately.

All posts are related, or tangentially related to, my law practice. I sprinkle in a few personal things, but it's all food, local sports, or vacation. Sometimes something totally unoffensive like an 80s meme or a vintage picture.

Nothing is ever negative unless it involves a really bad law or public policy. I post a lot of positive stuff about local businesses, community events, etc.

Part of me thinks that any women who reads my FB would think "What a beta!"

My public online persona is almost the opposite of my real life persona...

In years past, I've been pretty open with my friends, family, and colleagues about being a conservative, Christian, and Republican. I worked on George W. Bush's campaign, minored in theology, and was very public about my support for Trump. My Facebook has always been set to public, because setting who can see what is entirely too much fucking work. Everyone can see everything I post, but nothing is too over the top (my over the top shit goes on the RVF).

I am pretty much a ghost on social media. I post pictures of me doing cool stuff and that's it. This is for close friends/coworkers/family only.

I have a separate account under a different name that I use for game.

Do not ever express conservative political views under your name online. There is a 100% chance that you will at some point in the future be discriminated against because of it. I read a study not long ago that proved social conservatives face more discrimination today than gay men in 1950's Mississippi. Republicans should add conservatives to the list of "protected classes" right now while it's still possible.

As things continue, I've found it bad for my career and business to share any political or social commentary on social media whatsoever. Part of the reason I post on here is because it's an anonymous outlet for likeminded men where I can actually discuss the things I'm thinking about.

However, and mostly in the past year, I've been unfriended by many people, some of whom are important socially or politically. When I picked up the phone and asked what happened, it was almost always "I don't want to be friends with Trump supporters." (even though I've been a conservative Republican since like, eternity). Suddenly politics have gotten very personal. I can help a person move on Saturday, and on Sunday they don't want to be friends anymore because of who I voted for. They'll opt to hang around the value signaling vegan, even though Hank and his buddies carried a piano down six flights of stairs the day before.

As a result, my Facebook account has gone completely benign. If you read my Facebook, you'd think I was a complete beta, as my posts now only touch on sports, local politics, some vacation pictures, and local happenings in the neighborhood. I'm beginning to hate my social media "identity." I even bore myself. But no one's unfriended me in the last few months.

The only reason I haven't deleted social media entirely is because I get business from it. As a lawyer, people tend to call the first person the think of. Sometimes a stupid post about how the good the Eagles are looking or a cheesesteak I ate results in a big case.

I did 1 (bolded above). And I have it locked down as much as possible. Even at that, I’ve deleted and blocked a few “moderates” who became infected with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome).

No way in the world we live in would I ever have any social media presence that traces back to either me or my business. I have had clients ask me why I don’t have a FB or Twitter page; there’s your air tight evidence that nosy fucks are out there looking. My answer is always “I'm too busy for that.”.

My business partner manages our FB business page (bolded number 3 above). And even he doesn’t know about “my” FB account/identity. His personal FB page is the vanilla, boring, nothing type.

I have a small number of FB friends. The ones I have are either real friends or family. Actually, a couple of them have closed their “real” FB accounts and opened new ones under a nom de plume.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (11-26-2017 05:46 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

[quote] (11-26-2017 05:36 PM)CJ_W Wrote:  

(11-26-2017, 09:52 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Nothing is ever negative unless it involves a really bad law or public policy. I post a lot of positive stuff about local businesses, community events, etc.

Part of me thinks that any women who reads my FB would think "What a beta!"

My public online persona is almost the opposite of my real life persona...

*coughs* *Points his teachers pointer at rule 1*

In all seriousness though:

I really wouldn't even post things about bad laws, that's violating the Negativity part haha. It's hard I know, I have to watch myself to, I made a post about a somewhat net-negative experience, and decided to delete it. That's how disciplined you have to be.

You can still build a non-beta persona, just have good pics of yourself travelling, meeting cool people, going to cool places. There's a guy I know that is travelling to many different countries, and different cities CONSTANTLY, yet no one knows what he does for a living(he told me when I first met him. . .but I forgot myself!) You don't have to be Christian Grey on FB (more like you shouldn't) but portray more fun, more travel, and 0% negativity. myselvf I've been thinking of investing in a DSLR camera, those take REALLY good pictures, way better than phone pictures. Maybe look into that as well (it's a bit pricey though.)

You may have to decide what you want to do with your facebook profile, and split it up to a personal profile, a business page, and or a public figure page. A friend of mine in the same side-hustle industry has a personal page, and a business page. On his personal page he ONLY posts stuff of:

His music
His GOOD gigs and upcoming events
His travels
the occasional funny meme(non political)
and Cool places he goes to

That's it.

His business page, is ALL about the events he creates and promotes.

For you I suppose you can talk about the positive outcomes of your cases like: "Wow I just brokered a deal between two large companies, making them millions of dollars." Or "wow this company can now use this type of art logo because of me now" spin it to be in a positive light.

Do NOT do something like: "I just reunited a father with his children after a painful divorce." or " I just finished an assault case, we put this guy in jail." Or "Just completed a settlement." etc etc. . .that's all negative, even though it might not sound that way at first.

Doing this as a lawyer is difficult because, the things lawyers deal with are usually 99% negative(hence why it would probably be better to make a business page and just talk about your services there.)+

DOBA mentioned twitter. I kind of agree with him there, In my opinion it's just bots on twitter, no one really cares about it unless their favorite celebrity or company says something there. If you're not one of those, there's no point really.

Isaiah 4:1

Quote: (11-26-2017 06:01 PM)EndsExpect Wrote:  

I am pretty much a ghost on social media. I post pictures of me doing cool stuff and that's it. This is for close friends/coworkers/family only.

I have a separate account under a different name that I use for game.

Do not ever express conservative political views under your name online. There is a 100% chance that you will at some point in the future be discriminated against because of it. I read a study not long ago that proved social conservatives face more discrimination today than gay men in 1950's Mississippi. Republicans should add conservatives to the list of "protected classes" right now while it's still possible.

Can you dig up a link?

It depends upon your industry and your skill set, but if your career is at risk for you being politically woke, I'd say keep your politics completely out of facebook unless you have the privacy settings dialed in so the public can't see it.

Even then, this is hard to do and it takes extra care when commenting or liking something posted by another. If what they posted is public, so is your like/comment to it. Bear in mind that public posts can show up in Google searches. Even if you're careful, things could change since Zuck the Cuck keeps tinkering with the settings.

Aside from politics, if you keep finding people showing up in your "people you may know" box that you really didn't expect and don't like seeing there, delete the app from your phone and limit your interaction to the desktop only version. This will hinder Zuck's ability to find out who you were with and where you hang out since you won't have the app with you when you're out and about. It isn't a perfect solution and obviously kills your ability to use the mobile features like checking in, going live, etc. but if you keep getting unwanted bodies floating to the surface of your social media feed, that should kill it - at least for a while.

I enjoy political discussions on FB but I'm still careful - saving the truly controversial (by normie and SJW standards) for places like this. Still, don't hide my Trump support and I'm much more likely to comment and discuss versus post something. What I've noticed is many of my more liberal friends - the men, typically - eventually come around and respect me for not being a pushover apologist and instead articulating my position. We may never agree, but it doesn't turn into an automatic de-friending by the most reasonable of the bunch.

Nearly all of my crowd there has no connection to my professional world and assiduously avoid friending anyone remotely from work environments. I don't use FB the way a lot of guys do - connecting with plates, using it right off the bat with prospects, etc. but I'm an older guy so that's my excuse - pretend that I'm "social media retarded."

I'm not sure how having two FB profiles would work with the mobile app as I think they would inevitably start to show a lot of the same PYMK suggestions, as both accounts are going to the same place at the same time, interacting with the same people, etc. FB probably doesn't like the idea of people using more than one account, even though it's possible.

LinkedIn is far more useful for me than FB for professional networking anyway and nothing political goes into those posts/likes/comments. All business.

My instagram is public and I couldn't give a damn who follows me there; I don't post anything political or really get into discussions at all in that app; just another way to post pictures & present value (as discussed elsewhere, it's kind of a soft dating app).

Twitter - That app isn't at all connected to my work or identity, just used for news and comment.

I used to post only the occasional thing on my wall but troll like crazy on other parts of Facebook - intentionally, so anyone I knew would get my indirect opinions on their newsfeed. It stopped almost as soon as Trump clinched the nomination.

Since then I have posted nothing, but slipped up a bit after the election...I was so overjoyed, I couldn't help myself.

I almost never go on. I miss important updates from friends & family like clockwork, and only have Facebook for the offline chat function.

Quote: (11-26-2017 06:09 PM)YossariansRight Wrote:  

I did 1 (bolded above). And I have it locked down as much as possible. Even at that, I’ve deleted and blocked a few “moderates” who became infected with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome).

It is going to be interesting to see how people with TDS act if (when?) Trump wins a second term. If something like someone they don't like winning an election sets them off, what is going to happen when the next financial crisis hits?

We are overdue for a downturn, and I am expecting it will be worse than what we saw in 2008/2009. Even today many people have still not recovered from those years and are just 'limping along'; hoping that maybe they can somehow survive to and in retirement.

I have been a registered Democrat for almost 20 years now, and remind people around me of a number of things that they all seem to forgot about the why and how Trump won:

1: If Trump, or someone like him, did not act the way he did, the Republicans would have had someone like Cruz or Rubio as the 2016 candidate; and they would have lost the election. Milo refers to this as CCR, Country Club Republicans or the RINOs (Republicans In Name Only). While they may seem statesman like, they could not have won against the Clintons.

2: A large part of the reason why Trump won was because the DNC and the Clintons took every advantage they had, and ran the whole party into the ground. The recent book by Donna Brazile, former DNC chairperson, details how the Clintons were able to take over the DNC because it was, for all practical purposes, bankrupt. The Clintons just gave it enough money to keep it limping along and beholden to them, without allowing the DNC to recover or be able to support any other campaigns. (The DNC was taking in $2 million per month, spending $3 or $4 million per month and about $20 million in debt. Vendors were being paid months late.) This may also explain why the Democrats lost so many state and local races; there was no support from the DNC at the national level because the Clintons wanted all support directed towards their campaign.

3: Even after all that happened, Hillary (and sort of the Democrat party) could have still won except for all of the unbelievable mistakes they made and the enemies they created, causing them to lose the several tens of thousands of votes that caused them to lose the election to Trump.

Examples such as:

a: The 'Pied Piper strategy' where the Clintons used their contacts in the media to put Trump at the head of the pack early in the primaries in the media. The 'brilliant one' who thought that up believed Trump was unelectable so they wanted to help him get to the head of the Republican pack in the primaries.

b: Refusing to do or say anything about Hillary's health problems. It was known as far back as Feb 2016 there were problems when she had to be helped up a set of front steps, like 4 or 5, to a building; but instead played it as any such questions as those of tin foil hat wearers. Of course, the time her head started to bounce around like a bobble or the 9/11 event where she had to be rushed away and left a shoe on the sidewalk, or the speeches where she kept coughing constantly or the typical one per day appearance she made in the closing days of the campaign; all showed that she was having health problems. In contrast, Trump was flying all over the country and doing 3 or 4 appearances some days. The night before the election he did an appearance in NH, and then went to MI where the appearance ran until something like 1am or 2am, and that was after a full day of other appearances.

c: Making the Bernie supporters angry. Once they got caught with how they basically stole the primary from Bernie, the Bernie supporters were so upset that many of them refused to vote for Clinton, and some even voted for Trump, such was their anger.
What NORMALLY was supposed to happen was that Clinton was supposed to make a deal with Bernie, give him and his supporters something on the Democrat party platform, and unite the party for the general election.
Instead, the Clintons got people so angry at the whole process that the convention hall had a number of empty seats when it normally would have been packed to capacity.

d: The whole idiot routine about the emails and the private server. Everyone with any thinking abilities knows the only reason the server was setup was so that if (when? since we are talking about the Clintons) there was ever a request for the emails of what she sent while Secretary of State, they could try to avoid giving them over since no government agency would have had access to them. Of course, a number of voters had enough of the never ending "I didn't do anything wrong" routine and either didn't vote for Hillary or worse, voted for Trump.

e: Anthony Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin - I won't go into the 'details' of what caused them to help run the Clinton campaign off the road; BUT One thing that I hope to find out, someday before I pass away, is WHAT THE HELL WHERE THESE TWO DOING AND WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING?
The one other thing I had hope to find out was what was on the missing 18 and one half minutes of the Watergate tape, but it looks like I will never know that; but at least someday we may find out what Weiner and his wife where thinking when she had emails of Clinton archived on the laptop that Weiner was using to 'communicate' with someone in a way that he shouldn't have been doing. The guy would have been set for life, maybe in another 10 or 15 years he could have had a cabinet post and done some good in the world; instead, he did his part to run a close campaign off the road and destroyed his career and marriage in the process.

Simple (KISS), I've always had a don't ask, don't tell policy... [Image: gay.gif]

For politics and religion of course.

Tom Leykis / Leykis 101:

-Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.
-Don't ask a woman what she wants to do.
-Never get involved with a co-worker unless you don't mind losing your job over it.
-Never spend more than $40 on a date. If possible, let her pay for everything or 50/50.
-If she doesn't bang you by the third date, Dump That Bitch (DTB).
-No spooning, cuddling, hugging, or staying over. Get in, get out!
-Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25+ or really ready to settle down.
-Men age like fine wine, women age like milk.

Minimal social media presence. I had a doxxing attempt a few years ago and it put the fear of Bob into me. I have one Fazebook account for friends and family, another for my spiritual interests. I've met people in public based off account #2 who still don't know my real name. I also have a program that kills the Fazebook feed, so I don't have to look at whatever insanity people are pushing.
And I have zero social media on my smart phone.
It never ceases to amaze me that people give away so much personal date by their own free will.

I use FB and Instagram purely for networking and business. Essentially, the aim to show anyone 'stalking me' that I'm a regular, outgoing, fun guy. That means, every no and then, I simply post kosher photos of travels, snapshots at friends parties, as well as liking generic fan or joke pages.

If I want to talk politics or 'say what I'm really thinking' I come here.

I only use Facebook and Twitter. I have zero interest in Instagram and the rest of the look-book type of social media.

My Twitter is completely anonymous, with no connection to my work. I use it largely to obtain news from alternative sources, and tweet extremely rarely.

I deleted my personal Facebook this past spring. It was basically just a time-suck, and I grew very tired of reading the posts from SJWs and Boomers. I don’t miss it at all, despite the fact that I “lost” most of my family and many real-life friends when I closed the account.

I keep a bare-bones Facebook page for business purposes. I’m an admin on my company’s FB page, so I need the account for that, if nothing else. I have maybe three pictures on it, and only post to a single closed group that’s not even related to my industry. I’ll very occasionally comment on a post from a business/industry contact, but that’s about it.

My industry is very conservative and filled to the brim with white knights, tradcons and civic nationalists who would gleefully ruin my career if I posted what I really think about current issues. Thus, I just keep my virtual mouth shut on Facebook.

I used to (try to) go toe-to-toe with anyone that was pro-Barry/pro-Hillary whenever some picture or meme would pop up on FaceCuck. They'd have their opinion, I'd have mine, and I'd attempt to explain why their viewpoint was incorrect.

I eventually learned that it's pointless.

Nowadays, I might comment here and there, but for the most part I don't get drawn into discussions. The only times I do is when it looks like there's someone that seems to be open to reasonable discussion, versus those that simply regurgitate the MSM talking points.

Case in point: Last week a Conservative friend of mine on FB ("Donald") posted a meme about the Weinstein/Hollywood situation, and the meme compared that to Hillary's husband/Epstein/Lolita Express. One of his liberal buddies ("Al"), who is quite well off) started ranting about the "Hollywood Access" tape, Trump 'grabbing women by the pussy', and essentially stated that Trump's talking about it was somehow worse than actually doing it.

After liking Donald's original post, another one of his liberal friends ("Ted") was sharp enough to see through that, and called Al out on it in short order. By the time I was able to follow up on the FB thread, there were over 70 responses. Then Al turns around and deletes all of his posts. So Ted and I had a bit of a FB discussion, and while Ted isn't a fan of Trump, he gives him credit for turning a lot of things around since taking office, and doesn't seem to be blinded by the MSM.

Save the ones you can.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

There's a thread about this, I posted back on March 2016.

I think FB remains toxic today. I still use it, but everything is very basic, just pictures of me, friends, family and positive vibes.

It's still nice seeing people meltdown over trump on there though. If I ever comment, I use as few words possible to get to the point [Image: tongue.gif] and never get too serious since feelings get hurt.

Only losers get really upset over politics on FB.

Kind of OT with this post, but you got me started -

Quote: (11-26-2017 09:51 PM)EvanWilson Wrote:  

We are overdue for a downturn, and I am expecting it will be worse than what we saw in 2008/2009. Even today many people have still not recovered from those years and are just 'limping along'; hoping that maybe they can somehow survive to and in retirement.

Agree, it'll come one way or another, and though the high flying stock market is nice, that is not in and of itself, the economy.

Quote:Quote:

I have been a registered Democrat for almost 20 years now

Are you still? Why? Not that the GOP establishment has been much different, just curious.

1: If Trump, or someone like him, did not act the way he did, the Republicans would have had someone like Cruz or Rubio as the 2016 candidate; and they would have lost the election. Milo refers to this as CCR, Country Club Republicans or the RINOs (Republicans In Name Only). While they may seem statesman like, they could not have won against the Clintons.

I bet this won't change. The GOPe still thinks they can manipulate their way around Trump - witness their opposition to Moore in Alabama. Mitch the Bitch McConnell and the rest have another thing coming if they expect to go back to business as usual.

2: A large part of the reason why Trump won was because the DNC and the Clintons took every advantage they had, and ran the whole party into the ground. The recent book by Donna Brazile, former DNC chairperson, details how the Clintons were able to take over the DNC because it was, for all practical purposes, bankrupt. The Clintons just gave it enough money to keep it limping along and beholden to them, without allowing the DNC to recover or be able to support any other campaigns. (The DNC was taking in $2 million per month, spending $3 or $4 million per month and about $20 million in debt. Vendors were being paid months late.) This may also explain why the Democrats lost so many state and local races; there was no support from the DNC at the national level because the Clintons wanted all support directed towards their campaign.

3: Even after all that happened, Hillary (and sort of the Democrat party) could have still won except for all of the unbelievable mistakes they made and the enemies they created, causing them to lose the several tens of thousands of votes that caused them to lose the election to Trump.

The DNC got rope-a-doped by Trump in NH, especially. He kept going up there making appearances towards the end of the campaign for a tiny state with 4 electoral votes. The RNC thought he was nuts, but whoever it was that had him do that (Cory L?) knew that the Dems were so fixated on keeping New England blue that they'd overplay their hand. They fell for it. Sure, in the end they won - barely - with 0.2% of the vote for Clinton, but at the expense of losing Michigan and Wisconsin which they thought they had in the bag. They also blew something like 83 million dollars on the NH senate race alone, which they also won, but it was another pyrrhic victory.

c: Making the Bernie supporters angry. Once they got caught with how they basically stole the primary from Bernie, the Bernie supporters were so upset that many of them refused to vote for Clinton, and some even voted for Trump, such was their anger.
What NORMALLY was supposed to happen was that Clinton was supposed to make a deal with Bernie, give him and his supporters something on the Democrat party platform, and unite the party for the general election.
Instead, the Clintons got people so angry at the whole process that the convention hall had a number of empty seats when it normally would have been packed to capacity.

But like abused wives, most of them came right back and voted for TheCunt anyway. Not likely they would do that again, though - they're more pissed now that she lost.

d: The whole idiot routine about the emails and the private server. Everyone with any thinking abilities knows the only reason the server was setup was so that if (when? since we are talking about the Clintons) there was ever a request for the emails of what she sent while Secretary of State, they could try to avoid giving them over since no government agency would have had access to them. Of course, a number of voters had enough of the never ending "I didn't do anything wrong" routine and either didn't vote for Hillary or worse, voted for Trump.

Still waiting for some action on this, but I suspect it will never come. Bitch should be in prison.

e: Anthony Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin - I won't go into the 'details' of what caused them to help run the Clinton campaign off the road; BUT One thing that I hope to find out, someday before I pass away, is WHAT THE HELL WHERE THESE TWO DOING AND WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING?

Noting planned or extraordinary, just good old fashioned hubris and overconfidence. She didn't think twice about letting pervy Anthony use her work computer with the unauthorized classified info on it, and why would she? TheCunt was guaranteed to win and nobody would pay attention to such pithy details. Good lesson on what not to do with social media though!

Something popped in my head earlier. What finally caused me to stop posting anything even slightly controversial on Facebook? When people began to follow me.

I'd post something on another page and it would pop up on everyone's newsfeed (I admit this was faggoty passive-aggressive behavior when I really wanted it on my front page). I was almost always never confronted, because it was considered creepy and strange to do that. Well, as early as late 2015, I was regularly answered on those pages by Facebook friends of mine who I rarely spoke to.

I figured, fuck it, I don't need this...I'm using this site to connect with family, overseas friends, and hot chicks.

I keep my social media deactivated. If I really need to contact family and friends in an emergency I can. Life has been all good since adopting this.

Quote: (11-27-2017 11:30 PM)stugatz Wrote:  

Something popped in my head earlier. What finally caused me to stop posting anything even slightly controversial on Facebook? When people began to follow me.

The follow feature is off by default - just turn it back off again.

I post very rarely on Facebook. I think my last post was more than a year ago. Facebook for me is just a tool to stay connected to friends and other people that are or might be important to me in the future. I also unfollowed (not the same as unfriend!) every person and site that is not giving me any value with its posts, in order to clean up my Facebook feed and be more productive.
This might take a couple of hours to do, but it is totally worth it. I used to waste a lot of time scrolling through my never ending feed. Now my feed is pretty much empty because I unfollowed all the useless sites. I do not voice any political opinions on Facebook or like/follow sites that do so or sites that might put me in a bad light.

My FB profile is super boring, but I don't care because all the interesting shit is on my Instagram. My Instagram is completely seperated from my Facebook (or at least I would like to think so) so that nobody can find it without me pointing them in the right direction. Most of my friends don't even know my Instagram. Only a select few know it. Those are the people I trust and where I have no problem with them knowing my "real" life.

Tldr: on Facebook I am connected to family, friends and acquaintances but I rarely post or read anything. On Instagram I am connected to over 30k people, I post more often but it is isolated from most of the people I know in real life, except girls I banged and very close friends.

Suggestion for the OP: use your Facebook as your professional online appearance, meaning no posts that could harm you or your business in any way. At the same time, start a personal Instagram page where you are as real as it gets but set the page on private (this way you need to accept people first, before they can see your photos), do not connect your Facebook, your E-Mail or your phone number to it and add only those people who you know have no problem with your "real" you.