rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting dates at University from approaches

Hey all,

Lately, I have been trying to improve my skills with women so I recently started approaching a lot more girls at my University. One of my greatest strengths in game is that I have very few reservations in regard to approaching girls, but, I often struggle to make anything out of an approach. Usually, I can get a girl's number, but, whenever I text her to meet up for coffee I get no response. Have any other guys here run into this problem?

Romans 8:18-21

"Most insults are compliments in disguise" -Mr. G

Welcome to the newbie grind.

At a high level, you either don't have enough value ("passive game" - looks, height, clothing, body language), or don't demonstrate it well (game). Also, if you're going for girls way hotter than any you've previously banged (or had positive interactions with, whatever), you're probably going to strike out for a little while. That's OK, it's a learning curve.

First of all, the "very few reservations in regard to approaching" makes me think you might not be making a strong connection. Either they're giving you a fake number (or just don't respond) as an "out" in the moment, or, by the time you text them, they lose the emotional high from the approach and you aren't leaving a strong enough positive impression when you meet them.

Second of all, break down your game, from looks, to approach, to getting the number, to how soon and what you text them. Either the generalized version, or summaries of a few different interactions.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Quote: (11-14-2017 04:54 PM)polar Wrote:  

Welcome to the newbie grind.

At a high level, you either don't have enough value ("passive game" - looks, height, clothing, body language), or don't demonstrate it well (game). Also, if you're going for girls way hotter than any you've previously banged (or had positive interactions with, whatever), you're probably going to strike out for a little while. That's OK, it's a learning curve.

First of all, the "very few reservations in regard to approaching" makes me think you might not be making a strong connection. Either they're giving you a fake number (or just don't respond) as an "out" in the moment, or, by the time you text them, they lose the emotional high from the approach and you aren't leaving a strong enough positive impression when you meet them.

Second of all, break down your game, from looks, to approach, to getting the number, to how soon and what you text them. Either the generalized version, or summaries of a few different interactions.

I was reading some of the "Mystery Method" and a lot of the advice involved fabricating emotionally charged stories, but, none of that really interested me. Usually, I will be confident and very straight-forward with a girl and tell her that I think she's cute and I hope to get to know her better. I'm starting to think I need to put together another strategy. I'm not very tall, but, I have a lot going for me right now so I guess I need to figure out a way to lengthen the conversations...

Perhaps a change of environment would help? If you know any coffee shops on campus, you could try leading them their so you get an insta-date. That way you get a better chance to make a connection, and if things don't pan out it didn't cost you too much time or money.

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

Vasily, when you talk to girls, plant a seed about a cool activity that you would do together.

First, talk about the activity... "I have been dancing salsa for a while, the salsa club is an incredible environment with dancers moving so elegantly..." or "I have been to this shisha bar. It was such an adventure to try shisha for the first time...." Sell the idea with high energy. Then, tell her that you should do the cool activity together so you take the phone number just to do the cool activity. Talk for another five min or so and then leave. When you text, remind her the plan with a joke/teasing. She is more likely to respond now.

Good luck.

Thanks guys, those are good ideas...