rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

USAF Academy Racism Hoax: Black US Air Force cadet 'wrote race slurs' on dorm doors

USAF Academy Racism Hoax: Black US Air Force cadet 'wrote race slurs' on dorm doors

Well, well...

Quote:Quote:

The US Air Force Academy has said racial slurs scrawled on dormitory doors of five black cadets were by one of the supposedly targeted students.

An inquiry into the September incident found that one of the cadets admitted to writing "go home" with an epithet a dorm door, the school told US media.

The vandalism shook the campus and drew a stern rebuke from commanders.

The head of the academy drew national attention in a speech condemning the culprit's "horrible language".

Video of Lt Gen Jay Silveria scolding 1,500 students and staff was posted online after the incident and quickly went viral, drawing praise from former Vice-President Joe Biden and Senator John McCain.

"If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect," Silveria said at the time, "then get out."

On Tuesday, the Colorado school made the shocking announcement that the individual responsible for the messages was one of the students claiming to be victimised by them.

"We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act," academy spokesman Lt Col Allen Herritage said in a statement.

"The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation.

"Racism has no place at the academy, in any shape or form," the statement continued.

The student, who has not been identified, is no longer enrolled at the school, a source told the Colorado Springs Gazette.

The cadet "committed the act in a bizarre bid to get out of trouble he faced at the school for other misconduct", the newspaper reports.

Lt Gen Silveria, whose speech prompted calls for him to run for political office, said that despite the hoax, "those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed".

"You can never over-emphasise the need for a culture of dignity and respect - and those who don't understand those concepts, aren't welcome here."

http://www.bbc.com/news/41909791

Race card, victim card, minority card, women card. There a lot of bluffs some people play when they just messed it up.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Jesus fucking christ.

Just like the black church burning during the election.

Wonder if General Saliva is going to try to spin this into another virtue signaling viral speech.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

The supply of racists isn't meeting the demand required by Democrats, SJWs, perpetual victims, etc.

My favorite is the motivation to do so was in attempt to distract from other infractions

At least they kicked him out.

G

They kicked him out, but wouldn't this be considered a court martial offense?

I knew there was something up from the start of this whole thing. Someone always has to stir the pot to make a singular event national news. We live in a shameful world.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Quote: (11-09-2017 03:38 PM)netguy68 Wrote:  

Sure, if they weren't PC.

The military academies appear more and more like they're converged, and have been for some time.

G

Nah, then that person would not be able to buy an AR-15 and go shoot up a church after a spergout event.

The Airforce has to make sure their mentally ill rejects can get their weapons!

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Leftists hate when this kind of stuff comes out. They want so hard for it to be true, like Duke lacrosse and the Rolling Stone rape story.

Quote: (11-08-2017 03:41 PM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

Wonder if General Saliva is going to try to spin this into another virtue signaling viral speech.

At this point, politics in popular culture has devolved into a bunch of lame posturing, hashtags, and Facebook flag overlays, and I almost can't blame young people for doing things like this because everyone is doing it, like back in the early 2000s when everyone was imitating the guys from Jackass.

Politics and activism nowadays has very little more meaning than fads like Ugg boots. In many ways, it has lost its seriousness, and is only a way of fitting in.

Hoaxes like this have become such a common occurrence, it is hard to get too worked up about it.

What bothers me is the reaction of the adults in the affair.

You know the head of that Air Force Academy, when he first heard of the slurs, was looking himself in the mirror and saying "it's hero time" in the morning before he gave this speech:

Okay, fair enough, scoring yourself some righteous white dude merit points.

What sort of example is he setting those in his charge when instead of admitting he was wrong to jump the gun all he does is double down on a message that no longer applies.

His quote in the newspaper was the worst kind of disingenuous reductionism:

Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed. You can never overemphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/08/black-cadet...dorm-room/

Regardless of the circumstances? The circumstances are the whole point, they are what the rest of us call context, and are the difference between a racist culture and a false accusation.

He is no longer talking about the actual situation he is in, but creating a fantasy situation out of whole cloth, saying basically, that he is still right because there must be evil people out there who believe those words (no matter who wrote them) and those people have to go!

His whole argument now can be summed up: Me saw bad stuff writed, me mad. Bad people go!

I must be naive. I am fairly scandalized when I see a military man doubling down in a way that would make the saddest blue haired pierced elf proud.

How can you blame young people for expedient mendacity when they are covered for by their mentors and teachers?

The lesson he is teaching his students is "Never admit when you are wrong because it is too embarrassing."

Way to go father figure.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

If I remember correctly, he already did the first time saying the student who wrote the message wasn't welcome.

That is what you're referring to right?

If cadets don't have commissions, I don't think they are subject to the UCMJ until they do.

The globohomo powers that be that control the American armed forces would never charge this person with a crime, anyway.

Even in cases of severe misconduct, like Bergdahl deserting and getting other people killed, there wouldn't be prison time.

Unfortunately, most Americans have no idea how pozzed and PC the entire military is, with the possible exception of some small corners of the special operations world. This delusional, pussy "general" is a perfect example. He's guaranteed to get the whole galaxy, as PC as he is.

If leftists care so much about racial harmony then there should be no protests from them if someone were to table a law that punished racism hoaxes with 25 years to life in a federal prison.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (11-10-2017 12:58 AM)Arminius Wrote:  

If cadets don't have commissions, I don't think they are subject to the UCMJ until they do.

At the naval academy they are absolutely subject to ucmj, plus the honor code.

Mostly, the student is just kicked out. Court martials only come up if they did something real bad like murder or rape or were a drug dealer.

Where the student simply getting seperated is bad is that the academy forces recoupment on them. Meaning they are now in debt whatever amount of tuition and fees and resources have been wasted on the student. The dollar amount is set by some higher ups and not debatable.

It's one of the things you sign up for going in. They will garnish you and charge interest and fees like the IRS. I think there is even some law that you can't file bankruptcy on it, like student loans.

Also, the college credit you have doesn't transfer.

This is at least what I remember from almost 25 years ago when I wanted to go to the naval academy. My dad and I went over the policies with a representative/recruiter type. It just seemed like a bad idea to do three years, get in a bar fight and kicked out, then owe 200k and have no college completed.

Aloha!

Those who viewed the video might note the woman (blonde, hair cut short) standing behind General Silveria.

She is General Kristin Goodwin, the Commandant of Cadets.

She and her 'wife' have two children.

I've no doubt that, if she had a husband rather than a wife, she would have retired as a Lieutenant Colonel, never have been promoted to Colonel or General, and certainly would not have been selected to be the Academy's Commandant, a role model to the cadets attending school there.

Quote: (11-09-2017 05:48 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Hoaxes like this have become such a common occurrence, it is hard to get too worked up about it.

What bothers me is the reaction of the adults in the affair.

'''''

His quote in the newspaper was the worst kind of disingenuous reductionism:

Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed. You can never overemphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don’t understand those concepts, aren’t welcome here.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/08/black-cadet...dorm-room/

Regardless of the circumstances? The circumstances are the whole point, they are what the rest of us call context, and are the difference between a racist culture and a false accusation.

He is no longer talking about the actual situation he is in, but creating a fantasy situation out of whole cloth, saying basically, that he is still right because there must be evil people out there who believe those words (no matter who wrote them) and those people have to go!

His whole argument now can be summed up: Me saw bad stuff writed, me mad. Bad people go!

I must be naive. I am fairly scandalized when I see a military man doubling down in a way that would make the saddest blue haired pierced elf proud.

Way to go father figure.

So many truths here.

The good news is that about 4000 Academy Cadets are fully aware of these bizarre events and many of them have absorbed a tiny red pill truth . In my experience, leaders are periodically manipulated/shit-tested by subordinate minorities (are you a "nice white boss"/pushover or are you a racist reactionary). A smart Army Platoon Leader learns young to hold his tongue, gather facts, and wait out the storm before sounding off when race matters are involved. The mistake is to prematurely over-react. For God's sake, we just saw a Lieutenant General in the US Air Force turn himself into a spaz over this foolishness. And instead of turning his ever-righteous anger at the actual perpetrator, he doubles down on his blanket condemnations. What a shame.

Whatcha doin rabbi?

Quote: (11-10-2017 10:25 AM)farfallah Wrote:  

Those who viewed the video might note the woman (blonde, hair cut short) standing behind General Silveria.

She is General Kristin Goodwin, the Commandant of Cadets.

She and her 'wife' have two children.

I've no doubt that, if she had a husband rather than a wife, she would have retired as a Lieutenant Colonel, never have been promoted to Colonel or General, and certainly would not have been selected to be the Academy's Commandant, a role model to the cadets attending school there.

The job once belonged to this man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Olds

He was an Ace after only a few flights in WWII. He missed flying in Korea because his movie star wife had friends that, unknown to him, prevented his deployment while she was in production (yes, he divorced her when he found out the truth). He commanded an F4 unit in VietNam, violating AF regulations/protocol in order to prepare his pilots for battle. He grew a handlebar mustache in defiance, as an extended middle finger to AF leadership regarding said poor pilot training. He reputedly under-reported his flight count and perhaps his MIG kill count so as to avoid being rotated out of theater and away from his men. Truly, a warrior's warrior.

In a healthy culture, Robin Olds would be a household name.

Robin Olds was the last of a breed. Curtis LeMay to a different extent as well.

As someone who grew up admiring military aviation, the historical achievements of the USAAF/USAF, and with an uncle who served as flight engineer on a B-36 in Korea along with a lifelong desire to fly and become a bomber pilot, the current state of the Air Force is disappointing to say the least.

It comports itself more and more as the software division of the military both in operation and culture with every passing year.

As Ranch Hand said, Robin Olds was a bad ass who was an ace in multiple wars and had the balls to go against top brass when he called them out on their fighters and pilots lack of dogfighting ability in Vietnam when older but more maneuverable MiGs with cannons were able to hold their own against the gunless American fighters.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Quote: (11-11-2017 10:25 AM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  

As someone who grew up admiring military aviation, the historical achievements of the USAAF/USAF, and with an uncle who served as flight engineer on a B-36 in Korea along with a lifelong desire to fly and become a bomber pilot...

"Strategic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart aired on Turner Classic Movies this morning, and it includes a great sequence of the B-36 from startup to takeoff. An incredible period in aerospace progress.

Robin Olds was a true Leader of Men; the Discovery Channel show "Dogfights" had an episode dedicated to him and his leadership in Vietnam.

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Oh wow, another race thread.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com