rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Chronically Offended were offended by Larry David's SNL monologue

People on the internet are mad at Larry David, a Jew, for making a Holocaust joke on SNL.

Personally I thought his monologue was pretty funny, at least compared to SNL's usual garbage.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment...-1.3612102

Quote:Quote:

Not long after the questionable joke left David's lips, reactions began pouring in on Twitter.

Some stated simply that the joke was "not cool," while others had harsher critiques of the "Seinfeld" creator's witticism.

Quote:[/url]

Quote:

Even some guy from the ADL got butt hurt.

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/JGreenblattADL/status/927174527540490240]

What a bunch of fags.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Seems like at least low-key offending is required for humor.

"I’m not a Jew, but I’m low-key offended by Larry David’s holocaust jokes on #SNL. Not cool."

Most great humor is offensive to someone or group or action/behavior/ideal.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

larry david is a savage

"You either build or destroy,where you come from?"

I've been watching this season of Curb your Enthusiasm and it's been great but there's quite a heavy element of 'un-PC ness' to it (the Muslim fatwa angle)...don't get me wrong I think it's been great (the last two episodes in particular have been stellar), but I'm surprised the perpetual offensed haven't leapt on him for it.

I've also been pleasantly surprised, given Larry is a New York City Jew, that it hasn't been a wall-to-wall Trump bashing circle jerk, but then again Larry is actually extremely talented and got where he is because of his talent, and not because he had to suck some big Hollywood player's dick, and at this point I think he's too rich to give a fuck.

and yet all those critics would be first in line to defend blacks using the N-word

Sarah Silverman did a joke about the Holocaust, "Sorry, the 'alleged' Holocaust."

It was the funniest thing she ever did. You would think that would be ten times more offensive.

Larry David knows what he is doing, he is part of the club after all. No comic tells a joke on a whim, everything is said as intended as they have all their jokes locked in and good to go. He likely three this out there so he could be amused and laugh at the but hurt that would ensue. Now if a gentile made that same joke the world would be ending, and people would try to destroy his ability to make a living. Larry David has the Jew-shield and thus the free reign to be a big time troll. Larry David won't apologize as she shouldn't.

Fake outrage to get goyim to remember Holocaust. Christmas is coming after all.

That reminds me, what will be this year's Christmas Holocaust film?

I'm so sick and tired of the ADL and SPLC telling us what we can and can't laugh at. Blocked both assholes on Twitter. Enough is enough.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (11-06-2017 02:19 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

I'm so sick and tired of the ADL and SPLC telling us what we can and can't laugh at. Blocked both assholes on Twitter. Enough is enough.

Amen. That goes for every race/creed/whatever hustler/group.

The “aggrieved” industry is one of the biggest money making scams going.

“….and we will win, and you will win, and we will keep on winning, and eventually you will say… we can’t take all of this winning, …please Mr. Trump …and I will say, NO, we will win, and we will keep on winning”.

- President Donald J. Trump

I'll start by saying Larry David is my absolute comedy idol of mine. He's one of the few celebrities/athletes/recognizable people in the world I look up to and have a real interest in meeting and sitting down to have a beer with.

With that said, I think people have to understand David's humor. He is NOT a politically correct person and he'll throw the most random angles out there on stereotypes and social situations. The people that got offended on the Holocaust must not watch his show, because the main plot of the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is a whole situation making fun of Muslim fatwa. Also, David is probably one of the most openly Jewish people in Hollywood and has always expressed he's never cared that much about it.

Larry David is the type of guy that has no filter, will say whatever is on everybody else's mind without worrying about pleasing people, and he has a lot of unwritten rules of society to round it out. People think he has a lack of social skills, but the truth is he just doesn't care what other people think. He's a man that says what he wants. Larry David and his good friends Jerry Seinfeld and Richard Lewis are all old-school comedians who think PC culture is damaging the art of comedy, censoring it, and has gone too far. David and Lewis have no filters, while Seinfeld is a little more careful but at the same time makes his opinion known on where he thinks American culture is going.

Guys like Larry David get it even if no one else believes that he does. Low key he is an alpha male.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

I haven't been on the forum for over a year. But being a "Seinfeld" fanatic, I decided to return for this thread.

Larry David has been offending his fellow Jews -- and many others -- long before this monologue. This dates back to his time as co-creator and producer on "Seinfeld."

The biggest amount of hate mail "Seinfeld" ever got was when they introduced the character of "The Rabbi" -- a gossip who couldn't keep a secret and flirted with the non-Jewish Elaine (see link).

So what did David do in response to the criticism? He made the Rabbi a semi-regular character.

Soon after, "Seinfeld" did a two-part episode called "The Raincoats," where they had Jerry date a rabbbi's daughter. The two couldn't find time alone, so they ended up going to the movies and making out the whole time...while seeing "Schindler's List." There was (and is) a reverence about that movie, and using it as a comic prop offended legions. But it was funny. Very funny.

The show also mocked the way some Jews cry "anti-Semitism" at the drop of a hat in "The Shower Heads." This might seem passé now, but at the time no one did things like this. I remember watching and saying "I can't believe this is on TV."

Meanwhile, the show made it a point to lampoon Native Americans ("The Cigar Store Indian") and the way whites usually don't have black friends ("The Diplomat's Club").

Anyone who is Italian in background had to have noticed that all the Italian bit-part characters were ridiculously overly-emotional stereotypes ("The Barber," "The Calzone") and flew into rages or wept in an instant.

Then there were the slovenly crooked Russian men and their illegal cable TV schemes ("The Baby Shower"), the gay men who bullied Kramer for not wearing an AIDS ribbon ("The Sponge"), and the alleged Chinese woman who was really Jewish ("The Chinese Woman").

I also sometimes wonder if the fat acceptance movement didn't gain traction partially because of the way the character Newman was portrayed. Virtually every time Newman was on screen, he was mocked for being a fattie or being obsessed with food. Heck, in his very first appearance he got into a fight over a Drake's Coffee Cake ("The Suicide"), and in his last shot in the last episode ("The Finale") he choked on the popcorn he was eating...in a courtroom!

Yet all of this was hilarious. Why? Because there's truth in what he mocked. He just took the grain of truth and blew it up to "comic proportions" so it became undeniably funny. This is why we remember the episodes over 20 years later and why they're still popular in reruns.

In conclusion, anyone who was offended by Larry David's recent ramblings must not have been paying attention. Pushing boundaries and mocking everyone and everything is who he is.

[Image: david_primary.png?resize=1100x740]

What kind of man wears a cape?

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Days of Broken Arrows. Forum legend. Good to see you back, man.

Quote: (11-06-2017 11:22 AM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

I've been watching this season of Curb your Enthusiasm and it's been great but there's quite a heavy element of 'un-PC ness' to it (the Muslim fatwa angle)...don't get me wrong I think it's been great (the last two episodes in particular have been stellar), but I'm surprised the perpetual offensed haven't leapt on him for it.

I'm surprised you like it this much. The last episode I found just plain unfunny, and the whole season so far gives the impression he's just phoning it in. The whole 'fatwa' story line had potential, but it's like that was the draft outline he presented to HBO, they cut him a cheque and after that he sloughed it off to a couple of interns to fill in the blanks. "How can we make this funnier?" "Make Leon drop 20% more f-bombs", that kind of lazy formula.

The Salman Rushdie 'fatwa sex' thing was humourous, but apart from that...

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton

Quote: (11-06-2017 06:04 PM)ed pluribus unum Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2017 11:22 AM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

I'm surprised you like it this much. The last episode I found just plain unfunny, and the whole season so far gives the impression he's just phoning it in. The whole 'fatwa' story line had potential, but it's like that was the draft outline he presented to HBO, they cut him a cheque and after that he sloughed it off to a couple of interns to fill in the blanks. "How can we make this funnier?" "Make Leon drop 20% more f-bombs", that kind of lazy formula.

The Salman Rushdie 'fatwa sex' thing was humourous, but apart from that...

I thought the episode last night was great alone for the life lesson it gave. Lewis and Funkhouser both, like little bitches, dropped Larry for girls they were trying to fuck (and Funk's girl was an absolute cunt - drinking water without filtering it, I don't even do that and I live in Canada, not L.A., which is one of the most water deprived, polluted and over farmed places on the continent), only to get dumped. Funkhouser is a dopey bastard but shit, Larry gave Lewis a kidney and this is how he repays him!?

The lesson? Unless you're absolutely pathetic, you can always find a new girl to fuck, but there's just no replacing a friend.

What kind of reply would, let's say "You're not Semitic, though." get if someone accuses you of being against something ((()))?

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

Ever since i started watching Curb, i thought Larry was a genius. Clearly he gives no fuck because he's rich and doesn't need to work.

When i first saw this scene i was kinda shocked that HBO would let him air it.
Still one of my favorite scenes from Curb.

Quote: (11-06-2017 07:16 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Ever since i started watching Curb, i thought Larry was a genius. Clearly he gives no fuck because he's rich and doesn't need to work...

Would be interesting to know how much Seinfeld as a series generates in syndication revenue to this day.

Edit.
Damn...
From an article back in 2013 :

‘Seinfeld’ Reruns Soak Up A Sponge-Worthy $3 Billion Since Cancellation; Co-Creators Jerry Seinfeld And Larry David Cash In

http://www.ibtimes.com/seinfeld-reruns-s...arry-david

(((Holocaust)))(((jokes)))(((Larry David)))(((SNL)))

Quote: (11-06-2017 07:16 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

Ever since i started watching Curb, i thought Larry was a genius. Clearly he gives no fuck because he's rich and doesn't need to work.

When i first saw this scene i was kinda shocked that HBO would let him air it.
Still one of my favorite scenes from Curb.

I just see a boy who was molested; both the character as well as the actor. He will be coming out as a gay meth head in 10 years, and will be found dead in a shitty motel in 12. Again, that's the character and the actor.

This is the most stereotypically Jewish thing I've seen. I kinda wanna go back to NYC and hang out in the bagel shops again.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Woah welcome back DOBA. I thought I was looking at a old thread for a bit.

Not a fan of the monologue, wasn't really offensive, but didn't push it like his old work.

Quote: (11-06-2017 04:08 PM)yankeetravels Wrote:  

Larry David is the type of guy that has no filter, will say whatever is on everybody else's mind without worrying about pleasing people, and he has a lot of unwritten rules of society to round it out. People think he has a lack of social skills, but the truth is he just doesn't care what other people think. He's a man that says what he wants.

"The Social Assassin" [Image: lol.gif]

"Intellectuals are naturally attracted by the idea of a planned society, in the belief that they will be in charge of it" -Roger Scruton