rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SJW Advertising

SJW Advertising

I saw this television ad during the World Series and even though I find nothing wrong with the idea of diversity/equality, I find it really tacky to exploit it in a television commercial. I am seeing this kind of thing more and more, though, ads that have these narrations that sound like Malcolm-X speeches. It's a FUCKING COMMERCIAL, not a speech on human rights! This is virtue signalling as a marketing tactic.

This ad in particular bugs me because it is really seems confrontational, sort of standoffish, especially the way they are staring at the camera like serial killers with desaturated color-grading like a Matrix dystopia. "Hey people, I know you want to discriminate against me because of my race, so you BETTER hire me otherwise I'll take you to court!!!" Classic SJW victim-mentality. Plus it starts out with this THUD, drum roll. Really almost a horror-movie vibe. I mean, WTF??? You want to deliberately CREEP me out and then shame me for it?

And the icing on the cake? COMMENTS DISABLED on the video.

Along the same lines, the MLB commercial with kids is almost all minority girls, the least likely demographic to be fans of baseball, implausibly (and most importantly, in a defiant SJW tone) bragging that they are super-fans. I don't have an embed, but here's the link:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wlD4/mlb-shop-20...seball-fan

What bothers me is that you can just tell these girls are actors. It's just so...forced. So artificial. Someone else noted that Dr. Who had an episode where they went back into Dickensian London and there were a bunch of black people around which isn't historically accurate. Well, this MLB ad is sort of the same thing. Statistically speaking you won't have a bunch of girl superfans, but they need to tick the diversity boxes to make it seem as though the sport is loved by all groups equally.

Opinions? Any other ads like this that trigger you? I saw some fat acceptance once for JC Penny. I know that stuff is commonplace.

SJW Advertising

The video is demanding that the resume reader puts on blinders; "Don't imagine the house I live in, my socio/economic background for having a name like Shatheed Dequarma, what my past says about me, just imagine the best possible future possibilities that I could get up to."

I particularly love the part about "Don't imagine what my beliefs might be"; if your beliefs mean that you're an entitled snowflake, or that you bear a grudge against this culture and civilization, then you'll wind up being a terrible employee.

Stereotypes exist for a reason - in fact, they're one of the most accurate generalizations out there, and furthermore they're very subject to change upon new information. For instance, people that drive rust buckets are more prone to driving recklessly than those who drive brand-new high-end cars; those who drive minivans and SUVs are often less skilled at driving; those who drive ricers tend to think that everything is a race (and yeah, I probably fit into that category); when I'm on the road, ALL OF THIS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION. I'm going to suck up every bit of data that I can to ensure that I arrive at my destination safely.

The same goes for the working world. I'm going to suck up every bit of information I can about other people. Missing teeth? Possible crack addict, who won't show up to work after he gets paid. Lives in the ghetto? Chances are he likes hanging out with ghetto people, and shares their work ethic. Woman with a useless degree and an overpriced Zucker-pod condo? Well, that one speaks for itself.

No, you're not entitled to a job at my company, Shatheed Dequarma. I'm sorry your parents gave you such a shit name, but my parents made mistakes, too, and I overcame them. Get your name changed, move to a decent neighbourhood (trust me, it's worth it, if for no other reason than the fact that cops will leave you alone), and become somebody useful. Don't go making demands when you're at the bottom of the totem pole - instead, try and show me what sort of value you could bring to my life.

It's not my responsibility to fix your problems - it's yours. If you want me to associate with you, don't show up with demands, entice me instead. Show me that you can make my life better - because right now you're coming across like a bitchy, entitled woman.

SJW Advertising

Quote: (11-05-2017 10:02 AM)Aurini Wrote:  

No, you're not entitled to a job at my company, Shatheed Dequarma. I'm sorry your parents gave you such a shit name, but my parents made mistakes, too, and I overcame them. Get your name changed, move to a decent neighbourhood (trust me, it's worth it, if for no other reason than the fact that cops will leave you alone), and become somebody useful. Don't go making demands when you're at the bottom of the totem pole - instead, try and show me what sort of value you could bring to my life.

It's not my responsibility to fix your problems - it's yours. If you want me to associate with you, don't show up with demands, entice me instead. Show me that you can make my life better - because right now you're coming across like a bitchy, entitled woman.

This is exactly why despite trying to help black people and other minorities, SJWs are failing terribly. Their advice and assistance is total garbage. They just tell people to bitch and moan.

The fact is that regardless of whether their motives are pure, white liberals are totally incapable of helping the economic situation of minority people, because they have no knowledge or experience of real world capitalism. They have cushy jobs working in government, academia or non-profits, but due to their messiah complex they think they're qualified to teach young black men how to become successful businessmen.

White liberals are some of the most racist people you will ever meet.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

SJW Advertising

Quote: (11-05-2017 10:02 AM)Aurini Wrote:  

For instance, people that drive rust buckets are more prone to driving recklessly than those who drive brand-new high-end cars;

In the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany it's pretty much the opposite.

SJW Advertising

Let's preface; I'm from Ontario and I'll only be here for a few months THANK GOD.

EVERYTHING has been infested with the sjw worldview, here is a particularly egregious example;

Like my fucking god, look at that diversity!

That's what I've really noticed this time back; Asian faces, headscarves, mixed couples, girls in traditionally male fields (there's a few with a hot female CPA...not that there aren't hot female CPAs, I dated a girl in school who wanted to be one but most of them I've met are dudes) and men in traditionally female roles (just...this...have your wife wash the dress after she finishes fucking her boyfriend).

SJW Advertising

And these people have no idea.

For reference, here's a Chinese ad that actually aired

SJW Advertising

This is probably the grand-daddy of all SJW ads. I remember this growing up and it was used at the end of the series Mad Men.

The funny thing is, this ad never bothered me when I was a little kid, and even today it has sort of an innocent kitschiness to it. (It also has a lot more realistic ethnic breakdown.)

I think the difference is the tone.

Sure, the coke ad is manipulative, but at least it's POSITIVE. It's UPLIFTING. It's INCLUSIVE. It's WARM. It's simply a reflection of this sort of thing:

The worst I can say about the flower-power era is it was hopelessly naive, but it was at least about bringing people together rather than looking under every rock to spot micro-aggressions.

In contrast, the Indeed ad is NEGATIVE. It's PUSHY. It's full of ORDERS (do this, don't do that). It's US vs. THEM. CYNICAL.
It comes from the vantage point that employers are going to discriminate unless being shamed into not doing so. Guilty until proven innocent. Reverse-prejudice in a way as far as anticipating injustice. And the look is drab, gray, depressing.

I also think there's a difference between promoting a region/tourism and using SJW talking points to promote a simple product or service. On that score, the Coke ad is guilty. There's really nothing about Coke that has anything to do with some sort of diverse utopia. That was a connection the producer of the ad tried to force or impose into the minds of those watching it. Indeed being a job site you could say has more of a reason to think it has a socially responsible agenda. Nevertheless, it still feels like it's overreaching.

Ads are always emotionally manipulate no matter what. Geico is the leader in the non-sequitur ads which have NOTHING to do with insurance until the last second. The only thing an ad really needs to do is be memorable. It doesn't have to actually sell the product or service. That's why they are so insidious.

SJW Advertising

[Image: c8c1dd4ebeb6a5017137d487563189a746b6791f...7dbc9d.gif]

SJW Advertising

If the EU is going to ban memes, Sweden won't be outdone...

Distracted boyfriend meme objectifies women and is sexist, says Swedish watchdog - Link

[Image: skynews-distracted-boyfriend_4433941.jpg?20180926111728]

Quote:Quote:

Now, Sweden's advertising authority has ruled that a recruitment advertisement based on the meme - for internet company Bahnhof - is sexist.

Following the standard format of distracted boyfriend, the advert features a man labelled "you" turning over his shoulder to gaze lecherously at a woman labelled "Bahnhof", while his girlfriend - tagged "your current workplace" - looks on angrily.

The point of the meme, Bahnhof said, was to communicate that the firm might be of interest to people with a "slightly less good" employer.

But advertising standards watchdog Reklamombudsmannen said it portrayed an image of women as interchangeable, suggesting that they were "mere sex objects", in violation of the country's advertising guidelines.

In a published ruling, the authority said the post "imparts a stereotypical picture of men looking at women as being interchangeable in the same way as a change of workplace, which is undervaluing".

It added that judges came to a unanimous ruling on the ad, which was published on Facebook in April.

While the ruling argued that the image showed the man to be an individual while women functioned as mere objects, some judges thought it degraded both men and women by implying that men traded female partners like jobs.

Despite the ruling the advertisement remains on Facebook, as the Reklamombudsmannen does not have power to remove ads.

The advert on Bahnhof's Facebook page is followed by a stream of comments debating the potentially misogynistic significance of the imagery.

SJW Advertising

Except that's actually true in a world where the idea of commitment is just an outdated sexist idea. People treat each other like interchangeable sex ATMs.

SJW Advertising

If equality is real and diversity is our strength , then why do they have to be advertised and pushed down our throats 24/7?