rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where would you go if you were in my shoes? (Exchange Russia/Mexico/Taiwan/Hawaii)

Where would you go if you were in my shoes? (Exchange Russia/Mexico/Taiwan/Hawaii)

Hey

I've been a lurker for a while now taking in all the information of this forum. It's really been a blessing.

Thing is: I'm Danish, blond, 6'4", decent build and going on a semester exchange in 2018. I speak Danish, English and German. Currently learning Spanish, but it's not possible to go to Colombia unfortunately since I'd need B2 and I'd have to study in Spanish. That's simply not possible in time. I'm not willing to go to places like the Phillippines or Poland because it has to be a good school as well. And it should be said that I'm limited to universities with exchange agreements, but there are more than 300 and I can choose from any country. Whereever I end up going, I will invest a lot of time into learning the language. Also looking for a place to move after I graduate to work on my online businesses. So the place I pick will be a big investment.

I've narrowed it down to four decent universities that fit the bill (women, education, nature, cost) in these 4 cities:

1. Saint Petersburg, Russia
Pro: Unbelievable quality of women looking through Tinder at least and would be cool to learn Russian
Con: It's cold and I'm not sure I would have any exotic factor (matching with quality much less than anywhere else on Tinder surprisingly)

2. Monterrey, Mexico
Pro: Would be able to travel down to Columbia during and after - and really learn Spanish
Con: Quality of women doesn't seem too high in Monterrey

3. Taipei, Taiwan
Pro: Seems the women would be very receptive to my profile
Con: I'm not sure I want to learn Mandarin if I'm gonna end up moving to Columbia anyway and choosing Russia or Eastern Europe over Asia after that. I do like the Asian look as much as any other though (perhaps except for Latinos)

4. Honolulu, Hawaii, US
Pro: Beautiful nature and beaches. Perfect environment for working on online businesses and consistently working out
Con: Not sure how receptive women would be - or if quality will be high (because US?)

Where can I maximise my EV? Where will they be most receptive to my profile (the white Scandinavian look)? Where will I have the most fun?

I'm really quite equally excited about these options. Would be happy to go either place. That just makes it harder to decide though. I've read all the datasheets and I'm still unsure. So if anyone has any input both positive and negative, I'd really appreciate it!

I'll contribute with a datasheet on Denmark soon enough. Much different from Roosh's experience.

/Buffas

Mexican chicks are horrible.

You'll slay in mexico with those aesthetics, Id personally go for russia though

I know zilch about Monterrey, but I do think if you're doing an exchange program then language learning should be a priority. If Spanish is what you really want to learn, then it's probably best to go to a Spanish speaking country.

Hawaii is expensive as shit and you'd be stuck on an island, I'd avoid that. Can't really go wrong with the other places though.

Seriously, unless you're so lame that you can only ever meet women through Tinder and never pick up IRL, then don't base your decisions on where to go based on your Tinder performance. I've been to at least 3 places where I did way, way better on the ground than my online pipelining efforts would have lead me to believe. And I'm a good bit older and nowhere near as genetically gifted as you seem to be, so you'll undoubtedly do even better with a modicum of game.

I'd go where the highest quality is - Russia. Yes it's cold but you're only there for a short while, and you're young. It's not like you'll be there forever or have some physical ailment requiring warm weather.

Second choice would be a tie between Monterrey, Mexico and Taipei, Taiwan - there won't be as many hotties walkin around as in Russia, but on the upside they will be way easier to slay since given your profile you will really stand out in a positive way.

Can't speak to Hawaii, others might have better advice to offer about that.

Good luck and post a report when you get to your destination!

Pussy ain't for pussies...

I think you're spot on about potentially learning Russian or Spanish. Both languages seem to be useful for getting laid - among of myriad of other things.

With your build, you should kill it in any Latin American country. I rolled with a Norwegian dude with eerily similar characteristics as you in Costa Rica a few years back and he had a cakewalk. Even stole a smokeshow Honduran girl from me one night out. Cunt [Image: wink.gif]

However, are there any other Latin American spots you could choose? From what I understand, Monterrey is spread out and very much a car culture.

From my understanding, both Chile and Argentina would have good universities. Mexico City probably does, too.

Quote: (11-01-2017 12:28 PM)ProGambler Wrote:  

Mexican chicks are horrible.
Physically unattractive? Masculine? Entitled and bitchy? I'm curious

Quote: (11-01-2017 12:38 PM)Heightcel Wrote:  

You'll slay in mexico with those aesthetics, Id personally go for russia though
Even in Monterrey? It seems quite close to the American border, so I'm wondering if there will be a lot of American guys. Also, do you know which aesthetics Russian women prefer?

Quote: (11-01-2017 12:38 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

I know zilch about Monterrey, but I do think if you're doing an exchange program then language learning should be a priority. If Spanish is what you really want to learn, then it's probably best to go to a Spanish speaking country.

Hawaii is expensive as shit and you'd be stuck on an island, I'd avoid that. Can't really go wrong with the other places though.
Good points indeed.

Quote: (11-01-2017 12:40 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

Seriously, unless you're so lame that you can only ever meet women through Tinder and never pick up IRL, then don't base your decisions on where to go based on your Tinder performance. I've been to at least 3 places where I did way, way better on the ground than my online pipelining efforts would have lead me to believe. And I'm a good bit older and nowhere near as genetically gifted as you seem to be, so you'll undoubtedly do even better with a modicum of game.

I'd go where the highest quality is - Russia. Yes it's cold but you're only there for a short while, and you're young. It's not like you'll be there forever or have some physical ailment requiring warm weather.

Second choice would be a tie between Monterrey, Mexico and Taipei, Taiwan - there won't be as many hotties walkin around as in Russia, but on the upside they will be way easier to slay since given your profile you will really stand out in a positive way.

Can't speak to Hawaii, others might have better advice to offer about that.

Good luck and post a report when you get to your destination!
Tinder and trying out different locations seemed like a good way to check quality of women and their receptiveness. But I of course plan on gaming in real life when I get there. My game is pretty decent I'd say.

The thing is ... I'm completely baffled by how hot they seem to be in Saint Petersburg. But if I have a great genetic advantage in places like Mexico and Taiwan and it doesn't apply in Russia, then I'm not sure it's worth it to go there. Not that I necessarily want it as easy as possible. Just maximising EV. Don't care about having hot women to look at on the street. It's the quality of the lays/plates that count. Also, blond girls are not really my thing, which I guess is a big reason to go to Russia.

Will post a report [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (11-01-2017 12:55 PM)Tiguere Wrote:  

I think you're spot on about potentially learning Russian or Spanish. Both languages seem to be useful for getting laid - among of myriad of other things.

With your build, you should kill it in any Latin American country. I rolled with a Norwegian dude with eerily similar characteristics as you in Costa Rica a few years back and he had a cakewalk. Even stole a smokeshow Honduran girl from me one night out. Cunt [Image: wink.gif]

However, are there any other Latin American spots you could choose? From what I understand, Monterrey is spread out and very much a car culture.

From my understanding, both Chile and Argentina would have good universities. Mexico City probably does, too.
By far the majority of universities in Latin America teach exclusively in Spanish. That goes for Argentina and Chile too. It's crazy. I could go to Costa Rica (INCAE Business School) but it's quite isolated outside the city and I'd have to live with people in houses and shared rooms. And I think women at the school would be 25+ mainly. Not really what I had in mind. It'd only be for the opportunities to travel. The exception is Brazil, but I don't wanna learn Portuguese right now.

It sounds amazing though [Image: tongue.gif] Doesn't help that I'm obsessed with the Latina look. It's like there's something with the genetics going on

Coming from Denmark, the weather in Russia shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

I don't think being blond would be a disadvantage in Russia. Keep in mind, that interethnic relationships are still a bit touchy (e.g a Dagestani guy with a Russian girl). Also, being tall, nordic looking and from the west should be seen as high value.

The only problem for you would be the language barrier but even then, you could still kill it in SPB.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

It depends on what you want, but would boil it down to this.

Quality of girls = Russia
Quality of environment = Hawaii
Unique Experience = Taiwan

Quote: (11-01-2017 01:31 PM)Gopnik Wrote:  

Coming from Denmark, the weather in Russia shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

I don't think being blond would be a disadvantage in Russia. Keep in mind, that interethnic relationships are still a bit touchy (e.g a Dagestani guy with a Russian girl). Also, being tall, nordic looking and from the west should be seen as high value.

The only problem for you would be the language barrier but even then, you could still kill it in SPB.

Okay, well that's interesting. I read your datasheet. It's what inspired me to consider SPB. Would you still say that's the case with the weather if it's from September to January? You're right that I'd be okay with the cold, but if people are mostly inside and don't really go out much for a large chunk of the time I'll be there?

Quote: (11-01-2017 01:42 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Yea, pretty much. I've been half a year in Hong Kong, so Taiwan wouldn't be that unique though. I was mostly thinking low cost and very receptive girls.

I would go for Russia; as noted the quality of women is higher there. But it will probably also give you an avenue to leave The West. Russia is one of the countries with the best possible economic prospects in my opinion, as there is a big gap between wages and IQ. If I remember correctly the Russian schools are already getting better (OECD) results than Britain, and probably most West Euro countries. If you can get Russian citizenship, that also gives you visa free access to most countries you'd want to go to that you can't on your passport. And you'll be able to communicate with about 250 million more people; and have some rudimentary cross-over for Balkan-Slavic languages.

I think the thread is right that you will get the best reception in Mexico. All those kind of countries have a thing for blue/green eyes and white skin. Also make sense if you want to go to Colombia later.

Everything I have read about Taiwan and other East Asian countries (exception, Vietnam) is that they prefer to stick to their own and you'll probably fare less well there than at home.

Honolulu is not going to give you much of an SMV boost. It would give you a hook into the US economy though, which has by far the highest wages in the top 1% or so. Though I would avoid the US long-term due to the global tax drag-net they have set up. They are very aggressive in shaking you down. In terms of business, I am now where you probably want to be, earning online, and to me it makes no sense to base yourself in a Western country. You can earn your online Western income anywhere, and pay no/low tax via internationalising yourself. You can get cheap property, rent, food, gym and have a +1 or +2 on your SMV.

Quote: (11-01-2017 02:05 PM)gework Wrote:  

I would go for Russia; as noted the quality of women is higher there. But it will probably also give you an avenue to leave The West. Russia is one of the countries with the best possible economic prospects in my opinion, as there is a big gap between wages and IQ. If I remember correctly the Russian schools are already getting better (OECD) results than Britain, and probably most West Euro countries. If you can get Russian citizenship, that also gives you visa free access to most countries you'd want to go to that you can't on your passport. And you'll be able to communicate with about 250 million more people; and have some rudimentary cross-over for Balkan-Slavic languages.

I think the thread is right that you will get the best reception in Mexico. All those kind of countries have a thing for blue/green eyes and white skin. Also make sense if you want to go to Colombia later.

Everything I have read about Taiwan and other East Asian countries (exception, Vietnam) is that they prefer to stick to their own and you'll probably fare less well there than at home.

Honolulu is not going to give you much of an SMV boost. It would give you a hook into the US economy though, which has by far the highest wages in the top 1% or so. Though I would avoid the US long-term due to the global tax drag-net they have set up. They are very aggressive in shaking you down. In terms of business, I am now where you probably want to be, earning online, and to me it makes no sense to base yourself in a Western country. You can earn your online Western income anywhere, and pay no/low tax via internationalising yourself. You can get cheap property, rent, food, gym and have a +1 or +2 on your SMV.

Very good points. Have you lived / would you live in Russia though given that you could live anywhere? Low-cost and SMV is nice for sure. But for me a big part of leaving the West is also living in a place with more exotic and abundant nature and warm weather. But I guess that might be because Denmark is so bad on that front. Where do you live now if I may ask?

Quote: (11-01-2017 01:57 PM)Buffas Wrote:  

Quote: (11-01-2017 01:31 PM)Gopnik Wrote:  

Okay, well that's interesting. I read your datasheet. It's what inspired me to consider SPB. Would you still say that's the case with the weather if it's from September to January? You're right that I'd be okay with the cold, but if people are mostly inside and don't really go out much for a large chunk of the time I'll be there?

You might get a month or so of decent weather but it will get dark and cold pretty quickly.

It doesn't really matter though. Russians are used to it and go out to bars and clubs all the time. Keep in mind that Piter is probably a good 6 or 7 times bigger than Copenhagen. It's certainly no Moscow but it's still a busy city all year around.

It's obviously nicer to be around when its warmer and the white nights during the summer are pretty cool but it's still possible to pull any time of the year.

Girls also like going for walks in the snow when you get the odd sunny day in the winter and there's a certain charm about experiencing Russia during the coldest months.

I think you'd probably be able to get more notches in Asia or Latin America, but I doubt you would have access to the same quality as in SP, although this is also a matter of taste of course.

The bottomline is that the weather is not a deal-breaker but rather a minor drawback, specially since you are only looking at staying a few months.

Тот, кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанского

Quote: (11-01-2017 02:01 PM)Buffas Wrote:  

Quote: (11-01-2017 01:42 PM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Yea, pretty much. I've been half a year in Hong Kong, so Taiwan wouldn't be that unique though. I was mostly thinking low cost and very receptive girls.

I'm leaning towards Taiwan. You talk a lot about maximizing your value. There is no better place than Asia for that...period. Obviously Russian girls are incredible but if you are just looking to have fun then I think Taiwan is going to be best. You've been to Hong Kong so it will be a bit new but not so much, which is also nice.

I also think in terms of Asia business opportunities are higher and contacts can be more valuable.

I've only been to Taipei of the four places on your list, so it's the only one I can give first-hand advice on, but for the others I will try to go on reputation and if I was in your shoes.

I think something that hasn't been said yet is what type of people do you like being around personality-wise? You're talking about going to a college campus, possibly learning a new language, and adapting to a new culture at a young age not having any roots, so I think an underrated aspect here is how well you will be able to fit in and tolerate the people around you.

Taiwan I can confidently say that the people are for the most part pleasant. They are mostly honorable, very considerate, aware of their surroundings and behave as such, and a very safe/peaceful society. You can safely walk around drunk at 4 am in that city, I kid you not. Russians have a reputation for being colder/harsher people but hard-headed, confident, and alpha. Mexicans seem to have a warmer reputation as well as probably the most lively/bubbly of the 4. As for Hawaii, I've heard they're like most islanders with the American/westernized personalities mixed in.

So looking at this, if you want a safer place with more respectful people, Taiwan is your place. If you want to be around people that will push you to make or break you and possibly come out tougher and more confident, than Russia is your place. If you respond to people with a warmer/lively vibe, than go to Mexico. If you like island life and don't want to go too far from your roots, than Hawaii is best.

I'll add for language that Taiwan would give you a great opportunity to learn Mandarin. But all three languages you could potentially learn are very useful, and probably the three most widely spoken outside of English. I haven't been to Hong Kong but Taiwan is more of a mixture of Chinese/Japanese culture. They're sort of the middle ground but being in northern Asia before would definitely be helpful here.

Honestly though, you said you like Latinas and want to go to Colombia, so Monterrey seems like your best bet. Taipei can get boring after a while, Hawaii is very expensive and more westernized than it should be, and Russia is just a cold environment with weather and people.

In Monterrey, you can practice Spanish in a warmer environment while gaming girls that are most similar of the four to Colombians. It seems like your perfect gateway country in a way that would have you more prepared for when you actually go to Colombia. It seems like weight/quality girls are the biggest issue in Mexico, but from what I've heard there are also stunners and you would definitely have value.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Is game your main motivation for this exchange or language learning?

If it’s game, go to the country where the women are most attractive, don’t be deterred by difficulty or lack of exotic factor. Mastering the game of girls you find most attractive carries a life long benefit for yourself.

If it’s language learning, go for what’s practical and what you want to learn. Girls are an added bonus. You are young, work on your future.

Columbia?

How are you going to learn Spanish in South Carolina?

I vote Mexico.

How about a different approach.
Pick a country with beautiful women where social proof is important (as in harder to bang as a tourist).
Assuming you'll be at a university where the local top 5-10% goes, game female students and make friends. And you'll have instant access and social proof while at the university and in the foreseeable future (through your new friends).

All depends on where you wanna go in the future. If you wanna learn Russian at any point in your life I would go right now there first though. It's a much harder language to do which means it'll be much harder to learn when you have less free time in the future.

If that's not your goal though just head straight to Mexico honestly to party. St. Pete is a pricey city mind you(at your age atleast).

And pick a place you want to go back to in the future. Now is the time to build contacts and connections. Better it be in a place you'll be back too.

I would do St. Pete though personally. For culture, contacts, and language purposes. Otherwise cheap life, easy broads, and good booze/food head straight for Mexico.

I'd avoid Hawaii overall though as you can go there on your own time less for girls and more relaxation. It's by far the most expensive of all the choices and simply not worth the cost in my opinion till you're nice and comfy on cash.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Aren’t there lot of criollas (pure or predominately Spanish blooded) in Monterrey as opposed to the rest of the country? If so I think the quality is better than average for Mexico.

I think that’s the best for SMV, but they are all sound like interesting places

Quote: (11-01-2017 12:18 PM)Buffas Wrote:  

I'm not sure I want to learn Mandarin if I'm gonna end up moving to Columbia anyway and choosing Russia or Eastern Europe over Asia after that.

The good news is that there is absolutely no way you'll come anywhere close to learning Mandarin in a single semester, so you don't have to worry about learning the language all for nothing.

On the other side of the coin, you might actually make considerable progress in Spanish in a single semester.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Background: I am 25% Russian, speak Russian fluently, my Spanish is average. I have been to all of the places you mentioned. Currently live in LA. White, height 6'1", athletic, dark hair.

Hawaii

Pros: The best nature and weather of the four places. If you want to forget everything in this gay world and reunite with mother nature, this is the place to go. A great place to learn surfing. Has the highest tourist concentration of the 4 places. Nobody has time for online game.

Cons: Cost of living is insane, even compared to LA or SF standards. Local girls are asexual and the natives are fugly. The only ones left are the tourist chicks. No amount of game is enough to break the bitch shields of the locals. Maybe, you can get lucky with other exchange students. You will get bored after 3-4 weeks.Plus, you can't learn a new language.

Taipei

Pros: Except for the typhoon season (July-September), the weather is warm and pleasant. Nightlife is above average. You can both day game and night game with decent results. Although your white man factor is a plus, don't rely on it alone otherwise you will be disappointed. The amount of game proficiency you need is below average. Local guys won't cock block you like Koreans do. With your looks you should rely on online game as a last resort.Cost of living is reasonable and people are friendly.

Cons: Forget about learning Mandarin in such a short period of time. Although there are some decent looking girls, the overall quality is about average. You get tired of banging the same looking girls again and again.

Monterrey

Pros: Weather is warm, a little bit cloudy. Food is great and relatively cheap. IMO, Monterrey has the best looking girls in entire Mexico. There are many Caucasian-looking stunners that you would never guess are Mexicans. The culture and girl quality is very similar to Colombia. Average night scene unless you know how to dance salsa or bachata. It is possible to learn Spanish in six months, at least for basic communication.

Cons: The above-mentioned stunners are very hard too crack and it depends on your social circle game. The overall amount game necessary is above average and the basic understanding of Spanish is essential. Your looks won't necessarily give you any comparative advantage. Plus, the drug wars made it less safe then it used to be. Cost of living is among the highest in Mexico.

Saint Petersburg

Pros: One of the most beautiful cities in the world with enormous cultural heritage. 5 million population gives you endless gaming opportunities. Great night scene and hundreds of places to day game. The quality of girls is unmatched. You can learn basic Russian in six months. Russian is not necessary for gaming Russian chicks unless they only understand Russian. My results with them are better when I communicate in English.

Cons: The only time worth visiting is summer because of nasty weather. You will need a decent amount of game to crack these icy queens. They crave control and confidence. If you are not on that level yet, better go to other place. As a rule of thumb, while in Russia be like Putin. You need to establish a social circle which will be harder than in other places. Your looks will not play a major role, it is all about character. You will see stunners walking with guys looking like apes. Stay away from apes for your safety.

P.S. Work on you Instagram page. IG game is real and will make your life easier wherever you go.

Holy fuck this is a lot of golden information to wake up to.

Based on all this, I've pretty much narrowed it down to Saint Petersburg and Monterrey even though the other two were my priorities before.

Project kill the beta in Russia sounds awesome but it'd also be a ton of work (learning Russian, keeping up with the cold and gaming the women). I had the idea of spending my semester someplace with warm weather, beaches and susceptive girls, so it'll take some getting used to.

It definitely seems like Saint Petersburg would be the biggest stimulus for growth, then Monterrey, then Taipei and then Hawaii. And in terms of the most relaxing, the other way around. You convinced me I shouldn't try to learn Mandarin. So there are no language learning opportunities in Taipei and Hawaii. Hawaii wouldn't be worth it for the bucks. Taipei is too similar to Hong Kong where I've already lived and sort of pointless if I'm not planning on learning Mandarin. Only real benefit is the scholarships I can probably acquire because it's a top university in a place that makes sense for Danish export (which they care about) where I could pretend I'd be going to learn Mandarin - and costs are low.

And even though I wanna move to Colombia, you're right that I can pretty much always learn Spanish, so Russia would make a lot of sense in terms of language learning. Really wanna satisfy my curiosity for Latin America as well though.

Got a month until I have to make a decision, so I guess I'll sleep on it some more.

Big thank you to everyone though. This forum is a goldmine.

Mexico is probably most appealing for Scandinavian guys, but I disagree with this statement.
Quote: (11-01-2017 12:18 PM)Buffas Wrote:  

I'm not willing to go to places like the Phillippines or Poland because it has to be a good school as well

Well, top Danish universities are better than those in Poland, but even so when you track the world ranking on average, Poland has more higher ranked universities than Denmark. Of course I'm taking the fact, that there is 5 times more of them.

But you definitely can't compare it to Philippines, which best university is ranked 1451th...
Majority of Polish society is actually heavily educated, yet people with degrees going abroad and picking up shitty jobs is not the effect of poor education, but poor economic situation in the country compared to the Western countries(except for fields like top 20% of marketing and IT).

On average universities in Mexico are also worse than those in Poland, except for Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, which holds 141th place in the world ranking.
Russian universities are worse as well and it's without even taking into account the fact, that there is twice as much of them.
Taiwan is really competitive in this field though, doing much better than Denmark and Poland in this regard.

Source: http://www.webometrics.info