rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Two lesbians attempt to sail to Tahiti. End result is what you'd expect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews...ea-n814806

Two bull dykes venture out into the open ocean because patriarchy and grrl power. On day one, they drop their phone (which I presume is a sat phone) overboard. No tether or flotation device on the phone.

Within a week a problem at the top of the mast prevented using the sail or some shit. I presume they lacked the proper equipment to climb the mast and fix the problem. (Translation: there was no no man onboard to assume the risk and climb to the top and fix it).

Their engine failed around this time due to being flooded during poor weather. I doubt they actually hydrolocked it. The solution would have been to pull the glow plugs, turn it over by hand to get any water out,and reinstall the plugs. Then you check or change the fuel filters to eliminate water. Spray a bunch of ether in it and start it. I guess they couldn’t do this because diesel is misogyny. (Translation: they didn’t bother to learn.)

Their navigation equipment failed. (Translation: they didn’t update the old and obsolete GPS.) They obviously were unable to navigate with a compass and sextant. Learning to navigate with these tools is essential for long distance passages for the purpose of safety. Again, probably not romantic or exciting enough so they didn’t bother.

They had a water maker and plenty of food. The fact that one of them was still morbidly obese when rescued after 5 months adrift says they weren’t rationing.

They sent out daily distress calls but couldn’t get an answer. They probably had a basic low power marine vhf which may have a range of 50 miles if the antenna is set up properly on the mast. My guess is they probably didn’t learn how to use the equipment. If you can see another boat on the horizon, a low powered vhf should reach it as long as the other boat is monitoring the radio.

Here’s where it goes into the absurd. They claim they were attacked by sharks. They were worried that sharks bumping against the hull posed a danger (they do if you decide to go swimming then.). They praised the hull for being strong enough to repel shark attacks. The fact that they honestly thought sharks could breach the hull of an ocean worthy sailing vessel tells me they have no clue whatsoever as to what they’re doing. They don’t understand the equipment, it’s construction, etc. with that said, maybe they do understand, but they just wanted to attention whore for social media.

They thought they wouldn’t survive for another day. The one dyke was still 75 lbs overweight. Their water maker broke but they managed to get it working again(probably just performed some routine maintenance task they had been ignoring). They had water, obesity, and two good sized dogs. There’s a joke powerboaters tell about sailboaters.
Q: what’s the best dog for a sailboat?
A: it must be big enough to provide good companionship and maybe security, small enough to fit in a cooler, and tasty enough to serve as emergency rations.

The navy abandoned their vessel when they rescued them. They said it wasn’t seaworthy. They should have claimed salvage rights to it.

Their ordeal could have been mostly avoided with a EPIRB. It’s a high frequency emergency beacon that can transmit 100s of miles. Modern ones are linked to gps and will broadcast your coordinates when activated. It’s considered a must have when traveling into open water.

Dumb bitches.

Quote: (10-27-2017 09:48 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

...snip...
Dumb bitches.
Meet the idiots...
[Image: mariners-interview-ho-ps-171027_31x13_992.jpg]

I'm guessing their dogs would eat them before they would come to the their senses. Current women treat dogs like children.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

ROFLMAO!!!

The blonde looks like Martina Navratilova on steroids.

[Image: laugh5.gif]

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews...ea-n814806

Two bull dykes venture out into the open ocean because patriarchy and grrl power. On day one, they drop their phone (which I presume is a sat phone) overboard. No tether or flotation device on the phone.
Their ordeal could have been mostly avoided with a EPIRB. It’s a high frequency emergency beacon that can transmit 100s of miles. Modern ones are linked to gps and will broadcast your coordinates when activated. It’s considered a must have when traveling into open water.

Dumb bitches.

Just wondering if maybe they dropped to the sea their tampons and sharks were attarcted by the smell of whale blood.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Quote: (10-27-2017 09:55 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

...snip...
Dumb bitches.
Meet the idiots...
[Image: mariners-interview-ho-ps-171027_31x13_992.jpg]

These are women?

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Quote: (10-27-2017 11:20 PM)Mr. D Wrote:  

Quote: (10-27-2017 09:55 PM)budoslavic Wrote:  

...snip...
Dumb bitches.
These are women?
They are hideous to look at...but...
[Image: giphy.gif]

And Fido was rescued...that dog is going to miss his girlfriends

[Image: 4imr7k.jpg]

Looks like they're on the ship until it's next scheduled stop. Much sniggering in the mess hall me thinks.

Should have had one of these:

https://www.breitling.com/en/emergency/

Press play as you peruse these piscal postings.

The blonde chick looks like Paul Hogan in a wig...

(Crocodile Dundee)

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

I have been doing theoretical and practical seamanship courses for the past few years. Sailing is a longterm bachelor project because I have no illusions about the likelihood of getting married and staying married in the UK.

At the beginning of every night class and sailing fortnight, I do wonder if I'd meet an interesting single woman. In all cases the sex ratio is 9:1 - worse than online dating. The only women I have met onboard are very attractive Russian and Polish wives who learn sailing because their husbands want to. The Russian women think I am mad not to visit Russia where - according to them - I'd find a very attractive women in days. They are always shocked to learn that I am single - they expect that I have a wife or girlfriend onshore.

It is like the social model in the West has made Anglophone women very lazy. Hypergamy means that they wouldn't bother learning how to sail because they are attracted to experienced men who already have learned but equality means that they expect to be treated like a more experienced and able sailor after consummation. These lesbians didn't have hypergamous lifejackets and distress flares and the ocean clearly doesn't have Californian social justice laws.

Great story that plays into every stereotype - dropping their SAT phone at the very beginning of the trip and not turning around was incredibly stupid.

Quote: (10-28-2017 02:17 AM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

(Crocodile Dundee)

This is what he would do to their boat:

[Image: j5v63B.gif]

Had I been on the rescue boat :

"Hey fellas. Trump is still POTUS!" [Image: cool.gif]

The dog looked particularly relieved.
Lost at sea for 5 months with two dykes, yikes!

We will stomp to the top with the wind in our teeth.

George L. Mallory

Playing Devil's advocate here. They sucked not because they were women, but because they knew nought about sailing. Aside from the mast part, I know many folks who have had failures at sea because if poor planning and experience.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
Thomas Jefferson

Quote: (10-28-2017 08:42 AM)DChambers Wrote:  

Playing Devil's advocate here. They sucked not because they were women, but because they knew nought about sailing. Aside from the mast part, I know many folks who have had failures at sea because if poor planning and experience.

I agree with the above about the satellite phone. I assumed it went overboard in the same storm. The fact that they were one day out and lost their emergency communications tells me they're morons. Something goes off-road in a plan like that, you should immediately ask "what's the worst that can happen".

As others said, they didn't bother to learn the basics because the basics weren't fun. They were completely uninformed as to the worst that can happen.

I'm yet to meet a woman who really "gets" this. There's always magical thinking as they try to use the wrong size screwdriver to install something with an old pilot hole an eighth of an inch off-center, then can't understand why the screw stripped and everything's crooked...or pile leaves against a wooden shed and then can't believe it rotted through the wall. It's not even that they don't know they were doing it wrong, they just thought it would work because it has to.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (10-28-2017 08:01 AM)Johnnyvee Wrote:  

The dog looked particularly relieved.
Lost at sea for 5 months with two dykes, yikes!

Adrift for 5 months, ran out of peanut butter within the first week...

I almost posted this story yesterday.... Some "wyman" on Facebook posted this story with the head line. "These two women are my heroes"
I was thinking to myself..... bitch you need better heroes

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (10-28-2017 02:17 AM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

(Crocodile Dundee)

(Aussie accent)

That's not a dyke...these are dykes.

Just dykes having fun.

Also, is this really the shirt you want to get rescued in?

[Image: navy-rescue-02-ht-jef-171026_4x3_992.jpg]

Bitch, you were destined for the chum bucket like fifteen minutes ago.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I guess they couldn’t do this because diesel is misogyny.

Spit-coffee-through-the-nose laughing moment! SO true!

[Image: laugh3.gif]

A lot of woman who like to sail get into trouble by having a boat that is too large for them and therefore requires larger sails than they have the strength to lift on their own. This forces them to rely on motor driven devices to lift the sails that are prone to untimely mechanical failures.

However, if it was the spreader that broke, this doesn't seem to be the case. However, that shouldn't make sailing impossible, just more unwieldy and challenging.

The bigger problem seems to be their complete inability to navigate through manual means.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Wouldn't want to project my own experiences on this case, but let me just say that these two bulldog-looking attention whores are the same sort of people who always plow their anchor through a whole row of boats peacefully docked at a marina because "their engine malfunctioned".

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before