rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should we invest in silver and learn to grow our own food?

Yeah. Every time Uncle Sam prints more money the value of the dollar drop. It's essentially a hidden tax. Precious metals are a hedge against this. Find a restaurant supply store and buy dry good, because food have been rising.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Survival and food maybe, but silver (or gold for that matter)? Ask yourself this: if money is supposed to become worthless soon, why are those people willing to take it off your hands for something supposedly as valuable as precious metals?

I call a bubble, and even a worse one than in housing.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I'm investing in spaghettios right now and preparing to eat them for the next ten years while my money is worthless.

My cousin saw the collapse of the US coming 10 years ago and he buried a 40ft storage container on the side of a hill in north Florida and filled it up with dry goods which he plans to live in when the shit hits the fan.
He waits still.

I bought a lot of silver and gold at the onset of TARP and it has paid off handsomely. It will continue to go up in value as long as the government is buying bonds. Look at the money supply numbers right now and you'll see that M1 has shot up in August, since Bernanke promised to keep interest rates at zero for the next two years. The only way he can accomplish that is with bond buying.

I don't care that much about growing my own food. As long as you have a skill to trade with people you will be good. There are always going to be people in the world willing to trade with you, in a normal community. In the Great Depression, people didn't start hating their neighbours all of a sudden. If you have some silver and gold, people will sell things to you. If you gave a poor guy with a tomato garden some silver in exchange for tomatoes during the depression, he wouldn't have turned you down.

Depends where you live though. I mean, look how some people responded to the New Orleans hurricane. But then look how people responded in an orderly fashion to the tsunami in Japan. It depends what type of community you have a house in. You might want to stock guns and ammo if you think there's gonna be a New Orleans style zombie looter break out. But dont think you're in it alone. Even during the LA riots, Korean Americans got together and worked as a community to man the rooftops of houses with men armed with rifles in order to defend their communities. In the worst disorder possible its not every man for himself.