rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Australia: Leftist Uni offering scholarship to study social media "weaponisation"

Australia: Leftist Uni offering scholarship to study social media "weaponisation"

I thought this might of interest to some of the readership, given the prominent use of Twitter and other social media outlets in the last U.S. election, and allegations in the legacy media of surreptitious purchase of advertising on social media platforms by "Russians", etc. (I can't contribute much to discussion of these matters, until I reach the minimum number of posts to participate in the Politics subforum).

https://www.seek.com.au/job/34735985 Archived: http://archive.is/dcwXd

Quote:Quote:

On traditional media, the public discourse is dominated by influential individuals; even so the public are aware that published opinions were from some privileged 'other'. Social media has now given people a sense of ownership of the public discourse as they directly contribute to it. However propagandists and advertisers also use social media to exploit the natural human tendency to trust others, hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet. Hence, readers make poorly-informed decisions about advertised goods and in critical choices such as voting in elections.

This project aims to detect, expose and de-weaponise propagandists' exploitation of social media, promoting public trust in the media and social media.

In other words, the university is offering scholarships to teach students how to weaponise leftist propaganda and suppress alternative viewpoints. Also, leftist university is just another term for every university.

By de-weaponise they mean make sarcastic and snarky tweets.
And by poor choices when voting, they mean daring to have an opinion that's not left of Chairman Mao.

Riot Police Summoned as Campus Rape ‘Crisis’ Hysteria Reaches Australia

Ms Arndt was invited to speak at the university on what she says is the myth of a rape crisis on campuses.
When police arrived, up to 40 students were blocking access to the event at about 6pm last night, The Daily Telegraph reported.
University security stood by while people attempting to pass through to watch the talk were pushed and shoved before police came to break it up.
During her talk, the controversial commentator said she believed universities were becoming unsafe places for both men and women.
“It is the most unromantic thing to ask ‘Can I kiss you? Can I touch you?’ Most women don’t want a man to behave that way,” she said.
She said young men should seek an “enthusiastic yes”, noting: “I think particularly in this current climate, you can’t afford to take that risk. You have to constantly make sure she is still on side.
“(Women have) been told on this campus that she can turn around later and say she changed her mind about consent, and that is absolutely appalling.” . . .
Ms Arndt told radio host Alan Jones she is still waiting to hear back from the University of Sydney on who’s paying the extra security bill.

http://theothermccain.com/2018/09/19/rio...australia/

Quote: (09-19-2018 11:58 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

Riot Police Summoned as Campus Rape ‘Crisis’ Hysteria Reaches Australia

Ms Arndt was invited to speak at the university on what she says is the myth of a rape crisis on campuses.
When police arrived, up to 40 students were blocking access to the event at about 6pm last night, The Daily Telegraph reported.
University security stood by while people attempting to pass through to watch the talk were pushed and shoved before police came to break it up.
During her talk, the controversial commentator said she believed universities were becoming unsafe places for both men and women.
“It is the most unromantic thing to ask ‘Can I kiss you? Can I touch you?’ Most women don’t want a man to behave that way,” she said.
She said young men should seek an “enthusiastic yes”, noting: “I think particularly in this current climate, you can’t afford to take that risk. You have to constantly make sure she is still on side.
“(Women have) been told on this campus that she can turn around later and say she changed her mind about consent, and that is absolutely appalling.” . . .
Ms Arndt told radio host Alan Jones she is still waiting to hear back from the University of Sydney on who’s paying the extra security bill.

http://theothermccain.com/2018/09/19/rio...australia/

^^^^^
Just to give some context here, the speaker that caused these students to go insane is almost 70 years old. She's Bettina Arndt, a clinical psychologist who has been specializing in sex-related problems since the 1970s.

Everyone got that? They had to call the riot squad not because of the threat of violence or terrorism, but because students couldn't handle WORDS SPOKEN BY A 69-YEAR-OLD WOMAN.

Maybe for their next act, these students can protest the Little Old Lady From Pasadena, since she was actually a bigger threat to people, racing her hot rod up and down Southern California streets back in 1963:

[Image: 117309.jpg]

The social media giants are all controlled and/ or manipulated by cabals of leftists and their algorithms, monetization choices and opaque "hate speech" policies and terms of service.

Even among peons, Google staff - for instance - is something like 90% Democrats.

Easy, sign up, shoot for barely passing in SJW classes and double major in engineering. Free school FTW.

David took his men with him and went out and killed two hundred Philistines and brought back their foreskins. They counted out the full number to the king so that David might become the king's son-in-law. Then Saul gave him his daughter Michal in marriage. 1 Samuel 18:27