rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Compliment from girl = IOI?

Was out with buddies the other night. Some girls came over to our table and talked to us. I had a lot to drink so I can't remember the specifics, but I was chatting with one of them and she said "I like your part." "My part?" I asked. "Yeah, the part in your hair. Very American Psycho."

I can't remember what I said in response but the point here is that I'm not sure if this was an IOI or just polite convo. I don't think there were any other IOIs from her. Should I assume that anytime a girl compliments anything about me that's an IOI? Or are there such things as innocent compliments?

Could go either way. It doesn't seem like much of a compliment to me. My advice is to stop worrying about whether or not something is a compliment and focus more on if she's feeling your vibe. Girls will say anything to get what they want, it's harder to fake genuine interest.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Get a read on the body language. This will say more than what she tells you with her mouth IMO.

The Gay Guy at a Bar IOI test = Anything that you wouldn't want a gay guy at a gay bar doing to you is an IOI from her.

For example, if a girl goes "so do you wanna get a drink with me?" while touching her hair, imagine a gay guy at a gay bar doing the exact same thing. Would you be creeped out? If the answer is yes, what she just did was an IOI. ESCALATE!

Quote: (09-22-2011 02:28 AM)Staged Wrote:  

The Gay Guy at a Bar IOI test = Anything that you wouldn't want a gay guy at a gay bar doing to you is an IOI from her.

For example, if a girl goes "so do you wanna get a drink with me?" while touching her hair, imagine a gay guy at a gay bar doing the exact same thing. Would you be creeped out? If the answer is yes, what she just did was an IOI. ESCALATE!

Hah, this is a good rule of thumb.

Following on from Gmac's point: look at what she does, not what she says. When you become more attuned to nonverbal cues you'll have a much easier time spotting real interest. Any one IOI is unreliable, to really get a feel for her interest level you have to look at the whole picture.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat