rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DR trip

DR trip

These are my first impressions, mostly based on Santo Domingo. I will post more about the country as a whole another time as Im hopefully going to do a bit of travelling (bare with me – internet access is not a priority in my budget). I’m staying until the end of February for sure and then I will see what happens.

Accomodation: I think that unless you’re willing to live in the hood, you’re looking at 20 euros a night for a apartment hotel (without your own kitchen). Its pretty easy to find your own apartment but most of them (at least in the area where I wanted to live – close to my work) are built for a family so they are kind of big and therefore not as cheap as you might think. I ended up paying about 500 euros a month for mine.

Eating: This is one of the first things where you notice the American influence. Lots of fast junk food restaurants. Hard to find decent lunch restaurants for a good price. But a good tip is to check out the supermercado chains like La Sirena and Supermercado Nacional, where you can get a decent lunch for as little as about 2 euros, especially if you take the vegetarian alternative which is cheaper. They serve simple, but good food.

Girls: Most are a mix of white and black (most are 50-75% black). A few also have an indigenous mix, but most were killed by the European colonizadores sadly. There are a minority of Asian, Middle Eastern and Haitian girls. Generally, girls have nice lips and vuluptous bodies. But they age fast (probably because of their bad diet). Many girls are fat. Not extremely fat, but a little too much for my liking. Far from everyone though; there are girls who are thin as well. Actually, most girls are either thin or fat, very few are average in that respect.
I’m not complaining though, I have definately seen some pretty cute girls. I will just work a little harder to find the gems (go to other barrios, outside of Santo Domingo): In other words, you cant walk out on Anystreet at any time and expect to see 9s and 10s everywhere you look (where is this possible, though?) but if you are willing to put in a little work, you can find very, very sexy and cute girls. All in all, I highly recommend it even though I personally prefer mestizas to mulattas (think mestizas are cuter, while mulattas are sexier).

Personality-wise Dominican girls are kind of hard to describe but I would call them pícaras, mischieveous, vulgar (also in appearence), likes a good laugh. Not my preference as I like shy and timid girls but hey.
As other threads have pointed out, the p4p-aspect is a huge issue. Mainly, I’m doing day game to avoid that. Watch out for girls who asks for money. I had a bad episode last december when I was here on holiday. I suspected that she was a semi-pro because things were just too easy, and so I didn’t bang her. But I still had to cough up the do afterwards as a black suv with her 10 primos or something showed up.

Already before coming here, I was a little bit disenchanted with latinas. The flakiness, among other traits, in not something I appreciate. But I think this is a good thing because I was pedestalizing them big time on my first trips (before I started reading Roosh and this forum). I’ve met some really nice girls in Lat Am though. It’s just that while I have alot of discovering to do here (Brazil, Guatemala, Peru for example) I’m also longing to go to places like Asia and EE, but that will have to wait.
Also, Santo Domingo is like many big cities in Lat Am cities, with a pretty hectic lifestyle and lots of traffic. Seriously, people drive very badly and dangerously in Santo Domingo but that is true for all of Latin America capitals.

Venues: There are other threads on this. So far I’ve mostly done day game in malls and some night game in Zona Colonial and Avenida Venezuela. Also, as I said already, I hope to travel to 2nd/3rd-tier DR and might start doing day game in other barrios if they seem safe. Im also going to start inviting more girls to the beach and might do some online game. Besides game, surfing, boxing and dancing is on my schedule as I hope to improve my fitness further while I live here. I plan on dancing merengue and bachata and use this as strategy for night game, as it really is impossible to have a decent conversation in many night game venues anyway, because of the loud music.

Spanish: Together with Argentina, this is probably the hardest Spanish dialect to understand. And that’s coming from someone who several times have been mistaken for having Spanish as his native tongue. It depends a lot who you talk to though, and it’s not like it's a total hindrance for communication, it just makes a bit harder sometimes.

Security: Aside the pros and semi-pros, I would say DR is probably safer than many other developing countries, without saying that that makes it a safe country. Security seems to be an issue for a lot of people here. Personally Im not at all worried of getting robbed in the street and never have been much in LatAm. Im much more worried about cancer, hiv and earthquakes etc (to a point where it becomes a neurosis and big problem actually). But of course there is a risk of getting robbed in the street here, I just think that the risk is less than in some other countries but I might be wrong. Far from everyone is a hustler here, some people have been kind and helpful to me, but it is still a good idea to be careful.

DR trip

500 euros a month is too much to pay in santo domingo. You definetely could find cheaper places.

I found it hillarious the fact of you calling domicanas fat, i definetely dont think they are fat, they have the most perfect body on earth in my opinion.

DR trip

Very good, realistic and honest data sheet. Well done. I agree with everything that Solo wrote. This should be required reading for anybody going to the D.

@Pitt, C'mon Son. You have to admit there are a lot of fat chicks in the DR and I am very liberal as to what I described as "Thick." I don't know about Dominicans having the most "perfect body on earth" part but I do give you this much tho. An overweight Dominicana does carry her weight a little better and looks more proportionate than A Salvadorian or Mexican chick of the same weight. In other words, DR has alot of chubby chicks who pass the boner test with flying colors.

DR trip

I think your rent was a bit too high. Especially when you can get a one week all-inclusive vacation (including airfare and transportation) in a hotel for $450. Braces (teeth) cost about $5,000 in the US, but in DR they cost about $900 US. So I'd say that 500 euro which is about $700 US, which is 26,878.5579 Dominican pesos is too much to pay there for rent. My neighbor is living there (studying medicine) in a mansion with pool in a nice neighborhood for about $400 USD.

About security. I'd be careful living there. The judicial system is not the same as in the US. In the US you're innocent until proven guilty. In DR you're guilty until proven otherwise.

DR trip

I just wanted to reflect on a couple of things.

Getting around: This is a bit of a bitch in Santo Domingo. Public transportation is very limited. Along with the pollution which is the invetable in any big city, it was the main reason it by far is my least favourite city of all the ones I’ve spent considerable time in (Stockholm, Paris, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, SD). People are incredibly stupid in traffic as well, for example instead of slowing down when approaching an inter-section, many taxi-drivers will just horn and increase their speed. It’s just a cultural thing. DR is great for vacationing, less so for living (though I’m sure there are a lot of business opportunities). Living there for 10 months has made me even more aware than before of some inner game issues that I have.

Climate: I’m Scandinavian and I like the cold so it was hard to get used to the humidity and heat. The pollution and traffic made it way worse. Once I got out to the coasts it was much much better. It did wonders for my skin though (I had eczema and dry skin).
The only thing I would like to correct from my OP is the thing about girls being mischievious. Yes there are a lot of semi-pros and you got to watch out but there are also a lot of sweet girls who are girlfriend material. Also, generally, a lot of people are helpful (I once accidentally dropped a 500 pesos bill out of my pocket in a mall and a guy whistled to make me aware of this, when he could easily have just picked it up himself). I think I say this about every country I’ve been to, but on the whole the people are very nice and I really warmed to them despite certain frustrations. The country is fucked up though and it WAS very frustrating a lot of the time. Also, it’s a very segregated society, about 50% work in the informal sector which means that there are a lot of people being more or less unemployed with nothing to do all day. Large segments of the population lack opportunities, just as in much of Latin America. No to get off topic but to me it’s clear just how big a part the European colonization and extermination/enslavement of the Indigenous and African peoples still play in this.

Also, like I said, there are not as many cute girls as in certain other countries. But just as in any place, if you’re willling to put in some time and work you can find them, I got into a ltr with an absolutely adorable dominicana. I remember thinking how I always bitch about the girls in my home country so when I finaly meet an incredibly cute and sweet girl who treated me well shouldn’t I ”reward” her? (In fact, all the girls that have ever treated me well now have all been foreign). I could have probably been with more girls but looking back I would have done the same thing.

Just a stray thought, I ended up staying about 10 months, working the whole time. I realised I could probably have made more ”damage” just staying a few months without working. Basically there are three ways to finance our type of lifestyle: 1) Save up enough money before you go, then go back home when you run out of money 2) location independence (generate income through the internet) or 3) work on your location at a local company or whatever. In the next year or so I will try to do nr 1 or 2. Long-term, I don’t have the energy levels to work for 8-12 hours a day and then go out gaming.

Three reflections with regard to game in DR:
- Learn to speak AT LEAST intermediate Spanish (probably 90% or more of the population don’t speak good enough English. If I hadn’t spoken Spanish I would probably have been consigned to the remaining 10%, the pros or the tourist girls – there are A LOT of gringas around to game).
- You won’t get punished for being a nice guy (!)
- Traditional gender role apply. For instance, guys pay for everything on a date (drinks, food, taxi etc).

DR trip

You will encounter some flakiness if you approach in the big malls such as Acropolis and Blue Mall so there you will need your game to be a bit tighter. I mostly approached in malls and the street, mostly during the day. I know some on here may disagree but IMO it’s really only the 5s and 6s that are significantly easier than in some other countries. 7s and above, you have to work harder IME. If you go to DR expecting a mini-Brazil or a pussy paradise or something you’re likely to be disappointed. IMO an English-speaking guy will probably have more success going to the English-speaking Caribbean or even parts of Western Europé where he can make himself understood.

Sidenote: I kept hearing that Santiago is much better for girls than Santo Domingo though I never made it there.

I got a little (but only very little) hate from the Dominican guys (being blonde it was obvious I was not from there). But after a while I mostly just felt like I wanted to help the local guys get with the gringas haha.

Bottom line: IMO Dominican Republic is not in the same league as for instance a country like Argentina where you will be blown away by a huge number of hotties, instead you have to search a good while to find the gems. You have to like black/brown girls for DR. I know I certainly do and I don’t understand those who don’t but anyway. It has a reputation of having a lot of prostitutes but my impression was that while they have a dominating presence in certain areas, don’t sleep on DR if you’re looking for a wife or girlfriend.
As in pretty much all of Latin America, Spanish is pretty much a must to get with the non-pro girls. I’ll be going back at the end of this year or the beginning of next, but for vacation and not work this time. I’ve been back for 3 months now and I can’t wait to travel again.

Finally, Santo Domingo is not the best city to live in. Definately try Santiago or some other place instead.

Quote: (09-11-2011 01:12 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

DR has alot of chubby chicks who pass the boner test with flying colors.

This. Unfortunately American (and Chinese) fast food culture is making the girls fatter.

DR trip

I forgot to mention something about nightlife. My advice for SD is try Avenida Venezuela, that is where most Dominicans go. Just hop aroud the numerous bars and nightclubs there (they are situated close to each other) until you see one you like. Somebody told me of a lethal shooting there a few months back, but then again, if you're scared of things like that then stick to the developed world.

If you're after gringas, the best bet is to just sign up to live in one of the many 500+ people all-inclusive resorts around the island. Booze is flowing freely all the time and in 1-2 weeks there you can easily rack up 3-4 notches or even more, and many are actually surprisingly beautiful and mostly rich. I lived in one of those but that was before I started learning game.

DR trip

Quote: (08-14-2012 11:39 AM)solo Wrote:  

If you're after gringas, the best bet is to just sign up to live in one of the many 500+ people all-inclusive resorts around the island. Booze is flowing freely all the time and in 1-2 weeks there you can easily rack up 3-4 notches or even more, and many are actually surprisingly beautiful and mostly rich. I lived in one of those but that was before I started learning game.

Are these all-inclusives mostly in Punta Cana or are there many in other parts of the island? Are there any which you would recommend? I have been to the Dominican Republic three times, but have never gone that route. It might be worth considering for the future.

DR trip

Quote: (08-14-2012 11:20 AM)solo Wrote:  

You will encounter some flakiness if you approach in the big malls such as Acropolis and Blue Mall so there you will need your game to be a bit tighter. I mostly approached in malls and the street, mostly during the day. I know some on here may disagree but IMO it’s really only the 5s and 6s that are significantly easier than in some other countries. 7s and above, you have to work harder IME. If you go to DR expecting a mini-Brazil or a pussy paradise or something you’re likely to be disappointed. IMO an English-speaking guy will probably have more success going to the English-speaking Caribbean or even parts of Western Europé where he can make himself understood.

Sidenote: I kept hearing that Santiago is much better for girls than Santo Domingo though I never made it there.

I got a little (but only very little) hate from the Dominican guys (being blonde it was obvious I was not from there). But after a while I mostly just felt like I wanted to help the local guys get with the gringas haha.

Bottom line: IMO Dominican Republic is not in the same league as for instance a country like Argentina where you will be blown away by a huge number of hotties, instead you have to search a good while to find the gems. You have to like black/brown girls for DR. I know I certainly do and I don’t understand those who don’t but anyway. It has a reputation of having a lot of prostitutes but my impression was that while they have a dominating presence in certain areas, don’t sleep on DR if you’re looking for a wife or girlfriend.
As in pretty much all of Latin America, Spanish is pretty much a must to get with the non-pro girls. I’ll be going back at the end of this year or the beginning of next, but for vacation and not work this time. I’ve been back for 3 months now and I can’t wait to travel again.

Finally, Santo Domingo is not the best city to live in. Definately try Santiago or some other place instead.

Quote: (09-11-2011 01:12 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

DR has alot of chubby chicks who pass the boner test with flying colors.

This. Unfortunately American (and Chinese) fast food culture is making the girls fatter.

Yes, from all I have heard and read, cant see why a foreigner would go to Santo Domingo, rather than Santiago....... unless he has no spanish skills. If the girls were uglier or more conservative in Santiago, that would change things, but it does not seem to be the case. It is like choosing Davao, Philippines over Manila. Santiago seems the obvious choice.

DR trip

Quote: (08-14-2012 05:35 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (08-14-2012 11:39 AM)solo Wrote:  

Are these all-inclusives mostly in Punta Cana or are there many in other parts of the island? Are there any which you would recommend? I have been to the Dominican Republic three times, but have never gone that route. It might be worth considering for the future.

Indeed my best bet would be on the ones in Punta Cana since supposedly that's where the biggest complexes (and therefore the most amount of tourist girls) are. You can find similar ones in other places as well though. Just go ask your local travel agent for ideas. It may be cheaper to skip the travel agent and just buy a flight and make the booking directly with the hotel, though. I can recommend the Bahía Príncipe chain.

DR trip

The best all inclusive resort are in Punta Cana/Bavaro. It gets pretty boring after a few days. You see the same people. Most are families or couples.

DR trip

I seriously dont understand when guys call dominican women fat. Me and this other forum member went to the dominican parade on sunday here in New York and i was going crazy. Dominican women are just really hot. Some of you Ny cats should check out santo domingo for real, specially when the ticket is super cheap (i just bought it for 134 dollars, one way trip).

DR trip

I don't know they are a little Phat.

DR trip

Quote: (08-15-2012 06:44 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I seriously dont understand when guys call dominican women fat. Me and this other forum member went to the dominican parade on sunday here in New York and i was going crazy. Dominican women are just really hot. Some of you Ny cats should check out santo domingo for real, specially when the ticket is super cheap (i just bought it for 134 dollars, one way trip).

Hey Pitt did you get any numbers or play? I always try to gauge how well brothas are doing with NY Dominicans.

DR trip

Quote: (08-15-2012 08:34 PM)PhilE Wrote:  

Quote: (08-15-2012 06:44 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Hey Pitt did you get any numbers or play? I always try to gauge how well brothas are doing with NY Dominicans.

Two numbers, no play yet. Parades are not the best places to get laid, if you want dominican chicks in NY, the best thing for you to do is to hit washington heights on saturday and appproach hardcore. You are more likely to get bangs this way.