rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fukuoka, Japan - Data Sheet

Fukuoka City Data Sheet - 2017; experience: 5 weeks

[Image: lGeqXHw.png]

With a population of ~1.5 million, Fukuoka is the urban center of Japan's western main island Kyushu. It's also said as to be one of the nicest cities within Japan, thanks to a green environment and wide areas. Monocle Magazine ranked Fukuoka as the world's 14th most livable city in 2017, down from rank #7 in 2016. So let's have a look at this.

Note: This Data Sheet is strictly about Fukuoka, not about game in Japan. Please read the Bang Japan thread for general game advice from guys much more experienced than I am.

About me:
-German, mid 20s, blonde, blue-eyed, athletic, 1.80m
-Did an exchange semester in Tokyo in 2014, beginner to lower intermediate Japanese ability
-Also traveled to South America (3 months), North America (3 Months) and SEA (2 Months)

Quick facts:
  • Girls: very hot, noticeably better than Tokyo
  • Exoticness factor: quite low
  • English Ability: unfavorably - every text is bilingual, but nobody is conversational
  • Key skills required: Japanese language, stamina at night & motivation for mass-approaching
  • Difficulty: Depends on your stats, hard for me
  • Prices: affordable for 1st world

The city
Fukuoka city has 2 city centers - Tenjin and Hakata. This is due the fact, that Fukuoka has been actually 2 separate cities, which then eventually merged into one. On the following map, the two city centers are marked with blue.

[Image: Mwwmrn2.png]

Both areas have distant feel to it.

Hakata - Hakata JR Station is Fukuoka's main train station with all Shinkansen arriving here. This means people are usually always in a hurry to catch the next train. The area is very busy in general. Furthermore, in and around the station are a lot of restaurants located. The best food in the city can be found here. There are also some shopping malls right next to the JR Station, but no comparison to Tenjin.

Tenjin - The main entertainment, nightlife & shopping district. People come here in their free time to enjoy themselves. In contrast to Hakata, the area is more relaxed and people aren't rushing that much. More, all worthy nightclubs are located in this area. Food here is so-so, better go to Hakata. Pro tip: Go to any department store's (especially Tenjin Core) women fashion floor and get blown away by the sheer mass of 8+. You will probably the only guy ... in the women fashion floor ..., so come up with a good explanation for your approach.

Because of the reasons mentioned above I prefer Tenjin over Hakata. Not only is the area bigger, but also most of the nightlife is centered here. To be honest, the area is small enough and you should check out both.

Nakasu & Canal City - Between Tenjin and Hakata are both Nakasu and Canal City located. Nakasu is one of Japan's largest red light district. Try to game the Hostess when they leave their shift at 5am. Canal City is Japan's largest private shopping complex. Naturally, you will see some birds here.

Momochi Seaside - Fukuoka has a great beach a bit outside the center. Beach season ranges from July - August. Unfortunatley haven't been there during these dates, but I heard good things about J-girls in bikinis.

Where to stay
Do you see that blue dot on the picture above? That's my location. I would say this is the best location possible. Between Tenjin & Hakata and close to Canal City. As a rule of thumb: the closer to Tenjin, the better.

What's that red line?
The red line is the so called mini skirt-high heels-line. Within that line you will enjoy plenty of unbelievable sexy dressed young girls, in quality only rivaled by the beauties of Ipanema beach in Rio. As soon as you set a foot across said line, you are about to enter the hot-girl-wasteland. Why is this? Fukuoka's city center is extremely dense for a 1.5 million city. Outside Tenjin-Hakata, there are almost exclusively residential areas with children, moms and grandpas.

The mini skirt-high heels-line combined with a massive influx of tourists has a serious impact on your exotic value. There aren't that many foreigners in Fukuoka at all. Nevertheless, almost all of them are strolling within that line, which results in a low foreigner bonus. It's not Shibuya yet, but think about Shinjuku more or less.

Nightlife
Nightlife probably is going to be your bread and butter. One has to note, that Fukuoka is famous for its clubbing culture. In general, nightlife starts and finishes late. Clubs are open 9pm-5am, however nobody goes before midnight. As already mentioned, nightlife is centered around Tenjin.

[Image: 6gvI9tv.png]

The crowd starts to hit the street around 10pm west to Tenjin station. A popular meeting and hangout spot is Kego Park. Grab a beer an mingle with the crowd. You will not encounter any stunners here, though. Although, Fukuoka has a broad range of nightclubs, most are rather small and/or half-empty. This leaves us with two viable options, Club Cats and Ibiza. Both run by the same team.

Cats - With 3 floors to choose from, Cats has been the largest club in Fukuoka for a long time. It's located within the "Roppongi" of Fukuoka north of Tenjin station. Here you will meet a lot of foreigners and girls who are open to foreigners. Entry 2.000 Yen

Ibiza - The club just opened in September 2017, so it's super new. Ibiza has only one floor with roughly the size of Cats combined. The crowd is more attractive and fun, but girls are more looking for Japanese men. Only a handful foreigners here, if any. Entry 2.000 Yen, Single-entry policy.

Gym

[Image: nFbvRQ7.png]
  • Gold's Gym is probably the best gym in Fukuoka. They offer a 2-weeks pass for ~6.000 Yen and it's open 24h.
  • The Public Central Gym, which you can visit for 240 Yen/day. The Central Gym is under renovation and closed until April 2018
  • Anytime Fitness and JoyFitness, 24h chains. Both will cost you around 6.000 Yen/month + 2.000 Yen registration fee

Personal results
The results I achieved with the local girls are mediocre at best. With the same input of work, I would perform significantly better in my home country or in most other countries. The thing is, my Japanese is simply not good enough for the top-shelf tuna and I'm not that interested in those 6s all day long. Don't get me wrong, even those 6s require hard work.

Final thoughts
The key ability to do well here is Japanese, we all knew that.

So, don't come here if you don't know any Japanese. Your time & money is spent better in other places.

You might think about to come if you are fluent in Japanese. Then it boils down if you like the city or not. For me, Fukuoka is a bit boring. The city center is really small and outside isn't that much to do. I rather prefer fun Osaka for a short trip. On the other, Fukuoka might be a great city to live in. It's green, spacious and affordable.

Let's finish off with quotes from two Japan experts.

Quote: (05-15-2015 01:03 PM)Tokyo Joe Wrote:  

Now, to answer your earlier question up-thread: There are indeed two outstanding second-tier Japanese cities for pussy -- Fukuoka and Sapporo -- but I would strongly advise you not to visit them this time. Simply because you don't have a lot of time; they are rather expensive round-trips from Tokyo/Osaka; and most importantly the girls in both these cities are markedly more "provincial" and consequently English-language skill -- piss-poor as it is even in Tokyo! -- is generally abysmal. Without a good working base in Japanese I think you'd be mightily frustrated trying to score there.

Quote: (10-06-2014 11:10 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

I don't know what it is exactly. Every other non-small city I went to was more interesting or exciting, probably because of size (city area, building size, density, types of venues on offer), and many of the small cities, whilst lacking this, generally felt 'quaint' in a 'this village looks so Japanese' sense. Fukuoka seemed to lack both (that said, I wasn't unhappy being there - just talking relatively).

Also the moment you move from the center outwards, it seems to get so empty so quick. Like there are too many houses for the number of people you are seeing. Also the average age skyrockets. It's like a city of younger people surrounded by old people.

I was considering going there for a language immersion program. Interesting coincidence since I don't think I've ever seen a data sheet on Fukuoka.

Quote: (10-21-2017 11:36 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

I was considering going there for a language immersion program. Interesting coincidence since I don't think I've ever seen a data sheet on Fukuoka.

Yeah, Fukuoka definitely isn't one of the top destinations for forum members. Exactly this is why I wrote the data sheet, to bring some light to a dark part of the map.

How long are you going to stay? I would consider to buy a bicycle in case of a 1 month + stay. That will cost you ~20.000 Yen and is a really good investment.

I love Fukuoka, it's my favourite city right after Tokyo where the money is. I've been to Fukuoka thrice now and it's definitely a city you want to stay in rather than just drop it for a few days.

It's probably one of the cities in Japan where being pretty is the norm. I'm not talking "white guy coming off the plane with Asian fever and thinking every Jap girl is pretty" pretty, I'm talking about Japanese people acknowledged pretty.

The city is as the Japanese call it 住みやすい or easy to live, the city has a good transportation system(especially to the international airport), a pleasant mix between urban and nature and the relative low cost of living compared to elsewhere makes it ideal for long term living.

Tenjin is a paradise. The women here are otherworldly, one of the best "tourist experience" is to grab a coffee by one of the cafes and watch Buzzfeed, after about 15mins of disgust, just look up and absorb one of the most beautiful view of Japan has to offer: beautiful feminine women who take care of themselves. Puts you right into the vacation mood.

I would be heading to Tokyo in the next 4 years and would definitely be looking to living in Fukuoka in the future if possible. Fukuoka has been a closely guarded Japanese secret, largely unknown except for Korean and Chinese tourists that visit often but they have their own pool of hot women to contend with. Gentlemen, that secret ends today...

haha, damn - I came close to discovering a secret all on my own. I don't think Fukuoka is that obscure though, it's just most people who have interest in Japanese do not have interest in southern Japan. It takes forever to just explore Tokyo, much less Kansai.

Quote: (10-21-2017 07:09 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2017 11:36 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Yeah, Fukuoka definitely isn't one of the top destinations for forum members. Exactly this is why I wrote the data sheet, to bring some light to a dark part of the map.

How long are you going to stay? I would consider to buy a bicycle in case of a 1 month + stay. That will cost you ~20.000 Yen and is a really good investment.

I would stay for three months if I go.

I don't know about that "secret" thing. As I've already said, there are a lot of non-Asian foreigners here.
One a normal day walking around you can easily count 100+.

The next days I'm going to explore some adjacent cities / spots by train. Any recommendations?

Cool datasheet. I kinda regret not going to Fukuoka when I was in Japan...

Quote: (10-23-2017 11:28 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

I don't know about that "secret" thing. As I've already said, there are a lot of non-Asian foreigners here.
One a normal day walking around you can easily count 100+.

The next days I'm going to explore some adjacent cities / spots by train. Any recommendations?

Relative to Tokyo, 100+ is nothing much. You can easily achieve that number in 10mins at the Starbucks at the Shibuya crossing.

nice sheet, thanks. Seems like a great way to also see South Korea, before heading up to hop the fence and see about North Korea too

When I read my own data sheet, I really want to go back. It's a surprise to me that Fukuoka isn't more popular on the forum. So far, I've been to all major destinations minus the former FSU and Fukuoka has easily the hottest girls of all of them. Makes you think. 'Just' have to learn Japanese...

Damn, Fukuoka.

I rolled through there almost 8 years ago. I remember there were some beautiful girls and I saw almost no foreigners. I ran night game and got some interest but the language barrier made it it difficult to close. I wouldnt recommend it unless you have good Nihongo.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Fukuoka is next on my list. Funnest bang I have had in Japan was a freak I met in some tiny nothing town on Shikoku, she spoke zero English.

Quote: (10-22-2017 10:33 PM)Zerdame Wrote:  

Tenjin is a paradise. The women here are otherworldly, one of the best "tourist experience" is to grab a coffee by one of the cafes and watch Buzzfeed, after about 15mins of disgust, just look up and absorb one of the most beautiful view of Japan has to offer: beautiful feminine women who take care of themselves. Puts you right into the vacation mood.

Ahh yes, I did this myself. (minus Buzzkill)

Everything in this data sheet is pretty much spot on. I will add that I saw few white foreigners but LOTS of attractive tourists from China and Korea, so that adds something to the mix as well and the annoying mainlander Chinese tourist element seemed oddly lower.

Well worth a visit however with out language skills you will not get far with the locals. That sad I had several fun nights and found the people to be some of the friendliest anywhere in Japan.

I went to Fukuoka in February 2017 to get a visa processed for Korea (the Korean consulate in Fukuoka processes visas way quicker than Tokyo or so the rumor goes) .

Almost no women on Tinder (despite it being Japan's 5th biggest city) and the bars I stumbled into were full of Japanese business men. Honestly have no idea why OP claims there's a lot of foreigners because I didn't see or hear any during my week there.

OP must had been talking about September which isn't peak tourism but it's probably way better than February like when I went.

Honestly there has to be a better place in Japan (barring Tokyo) that has more online daters and less Japanese businessmen screwing up the gender ratios. Haven't heard or discovered the place yet.

Quote: (09-14-2018 10:26 AM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

I went to Fukuoka in February 2017 to get a visa processed for Korea (the Korean consulate in Fukuoka processes visas way quicker than Tokyo or so the rumor goes) .

Almost no women on Tinder (despite it being Japan's 5th biggest city) and the bars I stumbled into were full of Japanese business men. Honestly have no idea why OP claims there's a lot of foreigners because I didn't see or hear any during my week there.

OP must had been talking about September which isn't peak tourism but it's probably way better than February like when I went.

Honestly there has to be a better place in Japan (barring Tokyo) that has more online daters and less Japanese businessmen screwing up the gender ratios. Haven't heard or discovered the place yet.

I think Fukuoka is the best city world-wide for daygame if you know Japanese.

Don't see the reason why anyone would like to go online when the streets are full with polite and friendly 7+.

my impression on japanese girls is quite simple
very very hard..yes they are polite.but if you do not speak japanese your conversation is going nowhere... some 4s or 5s in tokyo like foreigners but the pretty japanese girls you need top game and japanese language.even the west is easier than japanese 7+ girls.. ive never been sucessful with japanese girl so far 0 pulls from clubs.ive had two mediocre dates with two 5 japanese girls... i think japan is for westeners with golden hair not your typical latin or south european look

^^^Naw I've been to Japan and you get out what you put in. A Japanese guy with no English, and so-so/no game couldn't expect to come to New York and kill it with American 7's and 8's. A latin or south european dude could absolutely kill it out there. Being blonde or even Anglo white, is nowhere near a prerequsite.

Quote: (09-14-2018 11:22 AM)semibaron Wrote:  

Don't see the reason why anyone would like to go online when the streets are full with polite and friendly 7+.

Yeah, this is pretty much 100% correct as well. Tinder was a complete bust, and I had a surprising amount of interest just walking around Tenjin during the day....but that language thing. I think daygame is probably slightly better than nightgame with Nihongo skills.

All in all I was actually glad online game was a bust in Fukuoka. Tinder is just about a dead end at this point and the quality of everything on the street and in person is so much better!

Also, as far as gender ratios, there are more women then men from what I saw.

Quote: (09-14-2018 11:22 AM)semibaron Wrote:  

Quote: (09-14-2018 10:26 AM)BaatumMania Wrote:  

Semibaron do you make that statement based on targets walking around? Otherwise you stated you didn't have the greatest success there due to lack of strong language skills

also,

Brazil vs Fukuoka...do you have a preference?

Finally, when were you there? I'm considering a November trip, just wondering how cooler temperatures affect things..

Quote: (09-22-2018 01:45 PM)Kaizen Wrote:  

Semibaron do you make that statement based on targets walking around? Otherwise you stated you didn't have the greatest success there due to lack of strong language skills

The statement is based on my experience of extended stays in different cities / countries around the globe.
Girls in Fukuoka are the hottest in Asia. Period. Furthermore, as all Japanese, girls here are on the very end of the spectrum regarding politeness and femininity.

It's true my success has been mediocre, but I still had a lot of fun. I know, this would be my place if I had Japanese down. Can't say more about it.

also,
Brazil vs Fukuoka...do you have a preference?

Brazil and Japan are both my favourite countries so far. They are totally different though. Japan is great for daygame, culture, nature and finding harmony. Brazil is dangerous, sexy, dynamic and has great nightlife. Both countries are on the very different end of the scale.

Finally, when were you there? I'm considering a November trip, just wondering how cooler temperatures affect things..

I was in Fukuoka in October - November. With ~20° the weather was perfect. Definitely buy a bicycle. Bicycles are cheap (~150$) and its good fun to take a ride through the city.

Quote: (09-14-2018 04:43 PM)the high Wrote:  

^^^Naw I've been to Japan and you get out what you put in. A Japanese guy with no English, and so-so/no game couldn't expect to come to New York and kill it with American 7's and 8's. A latin or south european dude could absolutely kill it out there. Being blonde or even Anglo white, is nowhere near a prerequsite.

Can you elaborate on that?

Quote: (09-22-2018 02:25 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

I was in Fukuoka in October - November. With ~20° the weather was perfect. Definitely buy a bicycle. Bicycles are cheap (~150$) and its good fun to take a ride through the city.
doesnt fukuoka / kyuushu have the best climate of all japan, second only to okinawa?

Quote: (09-25-2018 09:30 PM)randomA Wrote:  

Quote: (09-22-2018 02:25 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

doesnt fukuoka / kyuushu have the best climate of all japan, second only to okinawa?

Depends, what is "best". It's the most souther of the four main islands, hence it's warmer on average here. If you like a cool climate, Hokkaido would be the "best".

Nice sheet. I'm thinking of checking out Fukuoka or another tier 2/tier 3 Japanese city at some point early next year. I didn't see you mention rental costs there. How much roughly would a studio apartment or basic hotel room set you back per month?

I'm guessing tinder isn't any good out there and there's hardly any girls on it. There used to be a meeting section on a site called japan-guide where J girls would seek out gaijin cock but that's gone now. Japancupid has always been shit and full of old women or low quality shit tier girls. I wonder if aggressive daygame would suffice there lol.

Quote: (09-29-2018 11:01 PM)asiaslayer Wrote:  

Nice sheet. I'm thinking of checking out Fukuoka or another tier 2/tier 3 Japanese city at some point early next year. I didn't see you mention rental costs there. How much roughly would a studio apartment or basic hotel room set you back per month?

I'm guessing tinder isn't any good out there and there's hardly any girls on it. There used to be a meeting section on a site called japan-guide where J girls would seek out gaijin cock but that's gone now. Japancupid has always been shit and full of old women or low quality shit tier girls. I wonder if aggressive daygame would suffice there lol.

Fukuoka is actually quite affordable. For 700€ / month you can get a minimum viable flat near Tenjin. A 2 rooms apartment would cost you the same to rent normally. Rental contacts however have a minimum length of 1 year.

Forget everything online. There are online scammers. Fukuoka is a daygame paradise. Night game is okayish.