rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Has anyone done this in their trips to Peru or Colombia? and if so where? and what was your experience with it.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

I heard different stories about it

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Do it! I'd do it.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Quote: (09-11-2011 07:08 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Do it! I'd do it.

Someone told me about a shaman outside of Bogota that's pretty cheap, i'm not really trying to pay $1,000+ for the Peruvian retreats setup for gringos [Image: dodgy.gif]

Yaje/Ayahuasca

You can drink ayahuasca almost for free in Brazilian Santo Daime churches. I went to a church in Rio de Janeiro(google "ceu do mar") , and the ceremony cost a voluntary donation of around $10 (20 reals). Granted, it's
different from a ritual with shaman, but anyway Ayahuasca is an amazing adventure.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

yes, santo daime is a good place to start, not as strong as the original brew, but a good preparation for it.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Quote: (09-11-2011 07:12 PM)FilMor Wrote:  

Quote: (09-11-2011 07:08 PM)mofo Wrote:  

Do it! I'd do it.

Someone told me about a shaman outside of Bogota that's pretty cheap, i'm not really trying to pay $1,000+ for the Peruvian retreats setup for gringos [Image: dodgy.gif]

Or anywhere near the cities by fake gurus and shamans. Either way, no, I lived there but I never did it, I don't trust whatever mix they might show up with.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Just stick with sizzurp. Similar effect, no international travel. Cheap.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Quote: (11-09-2013 05:56 AM)la_mode Wrote:  

Just stick with sizzurp. Similar effect, no international travel. Cheap.

Do you speak from experience?

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Thinking of stopping by Iquitos next summer to do Ayahuasca and to gain some intel on that place.

Does anyone recommend a particular lodge/shaman/whatever there to try it with?

Is it necessary to go to Iquitos for the best experience? It's pretty out of the way.

The Peru Thread
"Feminists exist in a quantum super-state in which they are both simultaneously the victim and the aggressor." - Milo Yiannopoulos

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca is just DMT extracted from plants and mixed with an MAOI, yes? Maybe easier to just smoke some DMT. Though I don't now if the affects are different when ingested.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

Quote: (11-09-2013 12:54 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

Ayahuasca is just DMT extracted from plants and mixed with an MAOI, yes? Maybe easier to just smoke some DMT. Though I don't now if the affects are different when ingested.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuas...asca.shtml

Yaje/Ayahuasca

I've done Salvia but not DMT or Aya how do they compare? Salvia is not something that I'd take lightly.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

I did ayahuasca on my trip to Iquitos. It was a real adventure. A few nights before, I met up with these British kids and we went to the San Juan festival. We ended up drinking heroic amounts and I ended up pulling this smoking 17 year old. She was a total babe i still dream about her. One of the English kids unknowingly took home a hermaphrodite lady! He had no idea until the moment of truth back at his place. I remember sitting in the curb outside his hostel and he came flying out sweaty and half clothed shouting " guys! she's got some kind of dick" ha, good times.

Anyway, Iquitos has some really hot amazon girls just cruising around the city on dirt bikes. I found the shaman through the local city information center. Surprisingly the center had the most trusted and non commercial shamans. I ended up going with two hippy girls in my hostel who had tried it with the shaman before. We fasted and followed the diet a few days before hand and that really helped for a good experience. When it was time to partake we cruised up the amazon and took a mototaxi to the shamans hut in middle of the jungle. That night, we sat in a circle and sipped a little cup of brown syrup. I layed down and after a while i felt a little strange, i remeber sitting up and seeing a jaguar run towards me and jump over my head. I immediately started to trip so hard. I remenber feeling sick and then i barfed a rainbow, watched a plant grow into a tree, That night I tripped so hard, felt so good, when the shamans wife sang I cried. I traveled through space and met our ancestors. Ayahuasca is the real deal Holyfield of spiritual plants. I totally recommend it.

Yaje/Ayahuasca

haha solid trip

Yaje/Ayahuasca

I want to do this. I have been offered multiple times here in the states from a native friend of mind but every time he asked me I had to work the next day and couldn't do it.

My roommate in Miami did it. The kid never does drugs, very rarely even drinks, maybe 4 times a year. He said it was a life changing experience for him. When he found out I was in Peru he highly recommended I find a shaman and do it, but when I tried going to the amazon, all the travel agencies were trying to way over charge me. That was another thing I hated about Peru, they are constantly trying to rip off gringos. My friend is an American living in Lima and married to a Peruvian girl. When they see she is with him, they try and rip them off every time. She's a hard headed one though. She won't hop into a cab even if she thinks she's being over charged just one sol, which is about $.40.